Start by marking “Blood Magic (DarkWorld: Soul Tracker, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176

T.G. Ayer

(DarkWorld: SoulTracker #1)

In the DarkWorld the things that go bump in the night are most likely true. And the problem is they are probably not sticking to bumping around in the night. They are everywhere. Your work colleagues, your teachers, even your friends. They’ve been living that way for a long time. And you haven’t noticed becsuse they don’t want you to.
You’re much better off not asking any q
Published May 3rd 2014 by Infinite Ink Books (first published April 24th 2014)

Cristin
Apr 28, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am writing a review on this based on what I believe this to be... Which is a blatant thievery of previously published works by Shannon Mayer.
This review will be a few examples from the sample chapters I read plus my own opinion. Number one tag line and blurb are virtually identical (update: this has now been changed by the author to read as an excerpt from the book instead of the blatant ripoff "I am Mel Morgan and I'm a tracker.")
Here are a few examples from the original Rylee Adamson serie
Suzy Ortiz
Apr 28, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ummm... This storyline looks just like Rylees story by Shannon Mayer. Plagiarize much? Wow
Kelly Mccurdy
Shelves: never-ever-read
DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK!!

Plagiarism comes in many forms. Sometimes someone steals your work word for word. Sometimes they steal your cover art. Sometimes they steal your book blurb. Sometimes they even go so far as to copy your ENTIRE SERIES plotline completely.
T.G. Ayer, Author ripped off the ENTIRE concept of The Rylee Adamson Novels by Shannon Mayer and I for one, will NOT stay quiet. This is disgusting-as she copied the concept right down to her sister that goes missing and causes her to track
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)

Blood Magic is an exhilarating introduction into the DarkWorld: Should Tracker series by T.G. Ayer. It grabs you from the get go. It’s an action-packed fast-paced mystery that keeps you on your toes. I couldn’t put it down.

I throughly liked the idea, mystery, and scenarios that played out in this story along with the supernatural twists.

Mel, I liked. Her character was easy to connect to. She’s enjoyable, appealing, can get out of most situations, magical, capable, and has some great friends pl
Lissette
Apr 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
From the moment her sister disappeared, Mel Morgan’s life has never been the same. It’s always hectic, and there’s never a dull moment. She’s promised herself that she’ll overcome the fact that she’s dead. Yet she can’t help but to wish that she had her sister back in her loving arms somehow. Granted, things haven’t exactly panned out in the direction she’s planned them to go, but she’s never stopped trying to make good on her vows.

Mel is not your ordinary young woman. Her extraordinary powers g
Karen
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a big fan of Tee's, have been for a while, and I have read all of her books to date. And this one has to be one of my favourites. I loved the characters and the storyline.

Mel Morgan finds people. Not just lost people; stolen people. Ones that have been taken by Demons. And they are being taken for a reason. Just what that is, is yet to be known.

To complicate things, she has a cop who suspects her of murdering her own family, even though he couldn't prove it, and now he has a partner, a Djinn
D.F. Jules
Jun 28, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
KelticKat
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me say first, that I did see some parallels with this story and another series I read. They were very similar to start but seemed to take a different path as it progressed.

That said I enjoyed this read. Thought the characters and world building were good. Hopefully, as the series progresses the characters will continue to develop and become a bit deeper and more complex.

My favorite character was Saleem, the Djinn. (Can I have one of my own?) He was yummy, funny, and I look forward to seeing
Marsha
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(3.5 Stars)

"Blood Magic" is an interesting tale about a djinn investigator, Mel Morgan who specializes in locating missing people especially children through her abilities to teleport. Of course her almost 100% track record causes her to become under the suspicion of a crusty detective and his new djinn partner, Saleem. Mel has a trusty sidekick, Drake, who is a gargoyle. Quite honestly I'm not sure why the author wrote his character as this mythical creature when we really never read about any
Alexandra
Dec 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
In dire need of editing: to vs too, going to FirstName's LastName's place, etc.

Character development was lacking and the relationships between characters never developed either, they were just suddenly risking their lives for each other right after they met.

The plot was interesting and fun, but the writing could definitely be improved.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Blood Magic

An enjoyable fun urban fantasy. I really liked the concept of trackers that can project themselves not only in spirit but physically as well. I can't wait to discover more about each of the characters.
The story was fast paced and full of different twist and turns that once I though I had it figured out the author would throw in a new twist.
I look forward to reading the next book in the series.
Isis
You’re much better off not asking any questions.
Mel Morgan is a Master Teleporter. She can move through the Veil into the otherworldly planes. A handy skill when lo
Sage Knightly
3.5

Blood Magic is a quick, enthralling read following Mel, a famous tracker and skilled teleporter, as she rushes to save a young girl from demons. She meets some shady characters along the way and has to make some immoral deals in order to finish her mission. Twist? The little girl is special, and the demons will stop at nothing to get her back. Uncovering a huge plot of some darker plans, Mel pairs up with Saleem, a Djinn, in hopes of beating the odds and solving the mystery.

The premise of th
Amber
This book was amazing! It kept me hooked all the way through. This was one of those stay up until 3am books. I was literally up all night with this one, and I have no regrets doing so. Sleep can wait, because this book was so worth my time.

This book was filled with a whole new world. You wouldn't think of someone making a book about a soul tracker, so this one kept me interested. It had just enough description so that you could feel how certain magics in the book felt to the main character. It
Verna Loves Books
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blood Magic by T.G. Ayer is a magical story that everyone who reads it is going to instantly enjoy. From the very beginning, I was pulled in and couldn't put it down until I knew if Mel could save the young girl she was searching for.

This book is thrilling, shocking, and leaves the reader begging for the second book. I admired Mel from the very beginning. She was so young when her world was flipped upside down. Yet she grew and fought to become an inspiring young lady who is determined to save
Booknut
Action-packed and utterly refreshing, Blood Magic is an urban fantasy must-read!
Tiffany
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to come May 3rd :D

Edit 5/1 I am withholding my review until I am certain this was not Plagiarized. I really hope it wasn't.
Kriselda Gray
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book at no cost from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

The first book in TG Ayer's "Soultracker" series gets it off to a good start. Melisande (Mel) Morgan has a number of paranormal gifts which she uses to track and hopefully retrieve missing persons. She can locate the person psychically using an object they've been in contact with or a sample of their body - like what law enforcement would use for a DNA sample - and can project her consciousness to diffe
Victoria
We meet Mel Morgan, a tracker and a master teleporter. She specialises in finding lost people even long after it turned into a cold case with the police.
Set in DarkWorld, where vampires, shifters, witches and demons are very very real.

When she follows the lead on her new case involving the disappearance of a little girl, Mel knows she needs help. This is one case that she wont be able to solve alone.
With her gargoyle partner, her hacker friend, a sexy Djinn with his own secrets and other allies,
Donna
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the SoulTracker arc of the Dark Universe series, which feature Mel the tracker and Saleem the Djinn (previously seen in the SkinWalker books). While I wasn't 100% sure where this action took place in relation to the SkinWalker books (from references in the book it's obviously after Kai's attempts to save her sister, but otherwise I'm not sure), it didn't really make any difference, and wouldn't have mattered if you hadn't read any of those books either, and were approac ...more
Lelouch
Kindle lending library jan 2017

I thought adding saleem's point of view was completely worthless. He hardly has any chapters from his point of view, and they don't add much to the story or romance. Speaking of romance, there isn't any; it's all lust about how sexy they find each other. I think removing saleem's point of view and removing the "romance" would have helped the flow and pacing of the story. With that said, the rest of the story was ok. I thought her tasks for the necromancer were a li
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book.

The main character, Mel Morgon, is interesting and you get to know a good amount about her. There is some back story as well knowing her friends and flaws.

The story is exciting and there are a lot of things happening that are all interesting. Not everything gets resolved in this book which is both good and bad. The good is that it's improbably for every problem that arises to be tied up in one neat little bow. The bad is having to wait for the next book to know what ha
D
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Could have been better....

This was my first book by new to me author Ayer. After reading some other reviews I realized that this is a spin off from a previous series which explains my slightly lost feeling. I felt as if there was backstory i was missing, unfortunately I didn't like this enough to go back and read the previous series. I did find that Mel and her powers grew on me as the book progressed. There seemed to be the promise of romance with Saleem that wasn't realized. For the most part
Kim
Read : December 24th 2018
Rating : 2 Stars

It all felt a little jumbled and stilted at times, we don't really get a backstory of Mel except the tiny part of the fact that her parents were murdered and her sister missing but sorta in a casually mentioned in passing kind of way.
Mel was a petty cartboard cutout version of a character and maybe I would have liked her if the writer actually let us know who she actually was and why she does the things she does.. But nope.

She also was pretty damn dumb
Amanda Showalter
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. This is one of my first books by this author and I am glad I had the chance to read it. I like how strong of a character that Mel is and I like the idea of a master teleporter. Of course gargoyles are alaways cool too. I love the interactions between the characters and how they go about doing what they need to do. There are plenty of twists and turns and its enough to make a very good book. Mel is a character that will have you rooting for her as you go through the bo ...more
Linda
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thrilling

A action packed story with a head strong caring heroin Melisande willing to do what needs to be done to accomplish her goal. She has worked hard to embrace her abilities and to push herself beyond her comfort zone to understand them even further. Characters like Drake her best friend, Samuel a mentor, Storm who took her in, Chloe a confidant, and Saleem a detective that bring personalities and different aspects to the story. Each have intrig and abilities of their own making the story i
Michelle
Okay, I’m not going to be the first to mention some of similarities between this book/series and the amazingly awesome Shannon Meyer Rylee series.

However, I’m not going to scream plagiarist! at the top of my lungs. I’d prolly have to scream that a lot considering that there are certain series/books that share some commonalities.

I was entertained enough to finish this book, but I have to admit Mel is kind of dumb. Like extremely dumb. 🙄

Will I continue with the next? Maybe, who knows.
Cali Jewel
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating read that brings you into a dark and dangerous world full of Magic and supernatural beings.

Mel is very likable and easy to relate to even with her loner (not so Loner) ways. She is young, feisty, smart and very loyal (also of the charts powerful, with makes her very valuable). On this dark and action packed dangerous journey she is tested to the limit it seams. Overall a very entertaining late night read and I am looking forward to more stories of her adventures.
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great new series. I enjoyed the start of this set hope to read the rest of them soon. The world that this Arthur has created is really good plenty of supernaturals! Mel is a teleporter and Saleem the other main character is a Djinn they have a lot of twists and turns through out this one and keep you hooked and looking for more to read! always a good sign from a writer. looking forward to the next one.
Plagiarism at it best.. 1 45 Apr 28, 2014 10:36AM
  • Viola Doyle or An Unconventional Gift
  • Sin
  • White Heart (Merrydian's Gate, #1)
  • A Fistful of Evil (A Madison Fox, #1)
  • Sacrifice (Daughters of Lilith, #3)
  • The Gateway Through Which They Came
  • Sword of Deaths (The Scythe Wielder's Secret Book 2)
  • Affairs of the Dead (The Reanimation Files #1)
  • Fragile Destiny (The Aether Chronicles, #3)
  • Faery Born (The War Faery Trilogy, #1)
  • A Clockwork Heart (The Chronicle of Light and Shadow, #2)
  • Of Scions and Men
  • The Scorched Earth (The Chaos Born, #2)
  • Out of the Pit (Five, #2)
  • Assassin Queen (Majat Code, #3)
  • Twisted Memories (Unbinding Fate, #4)
  • The Witch's Vampire (Mystery Springs #1)
  • Archon's Queen (The Awakened, #2)
I have been a writer from the time I was old enough to recognise that reading was a doorway into my imagination. Poetry was my first foray into the art of the written word. Books were my best friends, my escape, my haven. I am essentially a recluse but this part of my personality is impossible to practise given I have two teenage daughters, who are actually my friends, my tea-makers, my confidante ...more

DarkWorld: SoulTracker (6 books)
  • Demon Kin: A SoulTracker Novel #2: A DarkWorld Series
  • Blood Curse: A SoulTracker Novel #3: A DarkWorld Series
  • The SoulTracker Series Box Set Vol I: SoulTracker Series: Blood Magic, Demon Kin & Blood Curse
  • Demon Soul: A SoulTracker Novel #4: A DarkWorld Series