Start by marking “Blood Magic (DarkWorld: Soul Tracker, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Blood Magic

T.G. Ayer

Blood Magic (DarkWorld: Soul Tracker #1)

In the DarkWorld the things that go bump in the night are most likely true. And the problem is they are probably not sticking to bumping around in the night. They are everywhere. Your work colleagues, your teachers, even your friends. They’ve been living that way for a long time. And you haven’t noticed becsuse they don’t want you to.
You’re much better off not asking any q
Published May 3rd 2014 by Infinite Ink Books (first published April 24th 2014)

Cristin
Apr 28, 2014 Cristin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am writing a review on this based on what I believe this to be... Which is a blatant thievery of previously published works by Shannon Mayer.
This review will be a few examples from the sample chapters I read plus my own opinion. Number one tag line and blurb are virtually identical (update: this has now been changed by the author to read as an excerpt from the book instead of the blatant ripoff "I am Mel Morgan and I'm a tracker.")
Here are a few examples from the original Rylee Adamson serie
Suzy Ortiz
Apr 28, 2014 Suzy Ortiz rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ummm... This storyline looks just like Rylees story by Shannon Mayer. Plagiarize much? Wow
Kelly Mccurdy
Apr 28, 2014 Kelly Mccurdy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: never-ever-read
DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK!!

Plagiarism comes in many forms. Sometimes someone steals your work word for word. Sometimes they steal your cover art. Sometimes they steal your book blurb. Sometimes they even go so far as to copy your ENTIRE SERIES plotline completely.
T.G. Ayer, Author ripped off the ENTIRE concept of The Rylee Adamson Novels by Shannon Mayer and I for one, will NOT stay quiet. This is disgusting-as she copied the concept right down to her sister that goes missing and causes her to track
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)

Blood Magic is an exhilarating introduction into the DarkWorld: Should Tracker series by T.G. Ayer. It grabs you from the get go. It’s an action-packed fast-paced mystery that keeps you on your toes. I couldn’t put it down.

I throughly liked the idea, mystery, and scenarios that played out in this story along with the supernatural twists.

Mel, I liked. Her character was easy to connect to. She’s enjoyable, appealing, can get out of most situations, magical, capable, and has some great friends pl
Lissette
Apr 19, 2014 Lissette rated it really liked it
From the moment her sister disappeared, Mel Morgan’s life has never been the same. It’s always hectic, and there’s never a dull moment. She’s promised herself that she’ll overcome the fact that she’s dead. Yet she can’t help but to wish that she had her sister back in her loving arms somehow. Granted, things haven’t exactly panned out in the direction she’s planned them to go, but she’s never stopped trying to make good on her vows.

Mel is not your ordinary young woman. Her extraordinary powers g
Karen
Apr 28, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a big fan of Tee's, have been for a while, and I have read all of her books to date. And this one has to be one of my favourites. I loved the characters and the storyline.

Mel Morgan finds people. Not just lost people; stolen people. Ones that have been taken by Demons. And they are being taken for a reason. Just what that is, is yet to be known.

To complicate things, she has a cop who suspects her of murdering her own family, even though he couldn't prove it, and now he has a partner, a Djinn
D.F. Jules
Jun 28, 2014 D.F. Jules rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
KelticKat
Dec 29, 2016 KelticKat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let me say first, that I did see some parallels with this story and another series I read. They were very similar to start but seemed to take a different path as it progressed.

That said I enjoyed this read. Thought the characters and world building were good. Hopefully, as the series progresses the characters will continue to develop and become a bit deeper and more complex.

My favorite character was Saleem, the Djinn. (Can I have one of my own?) He was yummy, funny, and I look forward to seeing
Isis
You’re much better off not asking any questions.
Mel Morgan is a Master Teleporter. She can move through the Veil into the otherworldly planes. A handy skill when lo
Sage Knightly
3.5

Blood Magic is a quick, enthralling read following Mel, a famous tracker and skilled teleporter, as she rushes to save a young girl from demons. She meets some shady characters along the way and has to make some immoral deals in order to finish her mission. Twist? The little girl is special, and the demons will stop at nothing to get her back. Uncovering a huge plot of some darker plans, Mel pairs up with Saleem, a Djinn, in hopes of beating the odds and solving the mystery.

The premise of th
Amber
This book was amazing! It kept me hooked all the way through. This was one of those stay up until 3am books. I was literally up all night with this one, and I have no regrets doing so. Sleep can wait, because this book was so worth my time.

This book was filled with a whole new world. You wouldn't think of someone making a book about a soul tracker, so this one kept me interested. It had just enough description so that you could feel how certain magics in the book felt to the main character. It
Verna Loves Books
Jan 19, 2017 Verna Loves Books rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blood Magic by T.G. Ayer is a magical story that everyone who reads it is going to instantly enjoy. From the very beginning, I was pulled in and couldn't put it down until I knew if Mel could save the young girl she was searching for.

This book is thrilling, shocking, and leaves the reader begging for the second book. I admired Mel from the very beginning. She was so young when her world was flipped upside down. Yet she grew and fought to become an inspiring young lady who is determined to save
Booknut
Action-packed and utterly refreshing, Blood Magic is an urban fantasy must-read!
Tiffany
Apr 24, 2014 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to come May 3rd :D

Edit 5/1 I am withholding my review until I am certain this was not Plagiarized. I really hope it wasn't.
Lelouch
Kindle lending library jan 2017

I thought adding saleem's point of view was completely worthless. He hardly has any chapters from his point of view, and they don't add much to the story or romance. Speaking of romance, there isn't any; it's all lust about how sexy they find each other. I think removing saleem's point of view and removing the "romance" would have helped the flow and pacing of the story. With that said, the rest of the story was ok. I thought her tasks for the necromancer were a li
Dec 28, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book.

The main character, Mel Morgon, is interesting and you get to know a good amount about her. There is some back story as well knowing her friends and flaws.

The story is exciting and there are a lot of things happening that are all interesting. Not everything gets resolved in this book which is both good and bad. The good is that it's improbably for every problem that arises to be tied up in one neat little bow. The bad is having to wait for the next book to know what ha
Amanda Showalter
Feb 04, 2017 Amanda Showalter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. This is one of my first books by this author and I am glad I had the chance to read it. I like how strong of a character that Mel is and I like the idea of a master teleporter. Of course gargoyles are alaways cool too. I love the interactions between the characters and how they go about doing what they need to do. There are plenty of twists and turns and its enough to make a very good book. Mel is a character that will have you rooting for her as you go through the bo ...more
Cali Jewel
Jan 18, 2017 Cali Jewel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fascinating read that brings you into a dark and dangerous world full of Magic and supernatural beings.

Mel is very likable and easy to relate to even with her loner (not so Loner) ways. She is young, feisty, smart and very loyal (also of the charts powerful, with makes her very valuable). On this dark and action packed dangerous journey she is tested to the limit it seams. Overall a very entertaining late night read and I am looking forward to more stories of her adventures.
Mae Padua-janusas
More than meets the eye

At first I thought, so she just keeps jumping, get the rescue and that's it. Well, there's a much deeper story than what it seems at first. Definitely action packed with some comedy and romance sprinkled in there too. Makes for a light, fun, easy and fast read that leaves you wanting more. Excellent! Now on to the next book!
Olga Cerpentier
Dec 26, 2016 Olga Cerpentier rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been provided with a Copy of Blood Magic by the author for and impartial review."
I really liked the story, it was well written, a great storyline, and I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series !
Madeleine East
Feb 06, 2017 Madeleine East rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love paranormal books and this is a new author for me. I could not put it down and finished it in one sitting. This book was so well written and I'm looking forward to book 2. I would recommend this book.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Jackie
May 07, 2017 Jackie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing fantasy book that you can't put down until you're totally finished. When you think the books by this author can't get better it does. Don't miss this outstanding book. Loved reviewing this ARC
Nancy
Jan 26, 2017 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Demons

Good read different from previous books have read of Ayers but plenty of the supernatural, action and romance. Definitely worth reading. Also, a mystery to solve, on to the second book
Robbert
May 03, 2017 Robbert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
please number the books on de front page any way a book you like to read and want direct de nex book
Christina Ps
Karen
Feb 04, 2017 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing new series from T. G. Ayer Lots of action and adventure. Ready for the next installment
Jo
Mar 15, 2017 Jo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK, so even though this book is described as a spin off series which can be read in isolation, I did still feel as though I was missing some of the back story by not having read any of the other books.

Despite that, this was still a very entertaining story to read. The world building was solid and the narrative was well paced and provided a really good rhythm for the story.

For all Mel's apparent experience, she seems pretty naive in some respects, and this is a little odd. Overall however, the I
Dmcl
Jan 19, 2017 Dmcl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
T.G. Ayer weaves an exciting story with this first novel of the SoulTracker series. Mages, gargoyles, djinns, necromancers, seers and demons all play a part in developing the adventures of Melisande Morgan as she fights to discover and foil the plot of the evil Nathaniel. Whether or not she is successful remains to be seen. Will she lose her heart or her life in the process? Looking forward to reading more to find the answer
I have been provided with a Copy of Blood Magic by the author for and i
Tiffany Oharriz
Apr 27, 2014 Tiffany Oharriz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg… talk about cliffhanger. This book will definitely keep you wanting more with only a few grammatical errors, the story is solid and enthralling.

After reading the first chapter, I was a bit worried that this book would have too much or not enough going on but… it was the perfect balance. I fell in love with the characters and their stories. Mel is awesome and the Persian Djinn Saleem is one smexy demon ;)

But honestly this was a great read and an even better introduction to the Soul Tracker Se
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Plagiarism at it best.. 1 44 Apr 28, 2014 10:36AM
  • Viola Doyle or An Unconventional Gift
  • Sin
  • White Heart (Merrydian's Gate, #1)
  • A Fistful of Evil (A Madison Fox Adventure #1)
  • Sacrifice (Daughters of Lilith, #3)
  • The Gateway Through Which They Came
  • Sword of Deaths (The Scythe Wielder's Secret, #2)
  • Affairs of the Dead (The Reanimation Files #1)
  • Fragile Destiny (The Aether Chronicles, #3)
  • Faery Born (The War Faery Trilogy, #1)
  • A Clockwork Heart (The Chronicle of Light and Shadow, #2)
  • Of Scions and Men
  • The Scorched Earth (The Chaos Born, #2)
  • Out of the Pit (Five, #2)
  • Assassin Queen (Majat Code, #3)
  • Twisted Memories (Unbinding Fate, #4)
  • The Witch's Vampire (Mystery Springs #1)
  • Archon's Queen (The Awakened, #2)
I have been a writer from the time I was old enough to recognise that reading was a doorway into my imagination. Poetry was my first foray into the art of the written word. Books were my best friends, my escape, my haven. I am essentially a recluse but this part of my personality is impossible to practise given I have two teenage daughters, who are actually my friends, my tea-makers, my confidante ...more
More about T.G. Ayer...

DarkWorld: Soul Tracker (4 books)
  • Demon Kin (DarkWorld: Soul Tracker, #)
  • Blood Curse (DarkWorld: Soul Tracker, #3)
  • Blood Promise (A SkinWalker Novel #4)