Start by marking “Protecting Lyndley (US Marshal #1)” as Want to Read:
Protecting Lyndley (US Marshal #1)

Protecting Lyndley

(US Marshal #1)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  255 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews

Now I was trapped in a never-ending nightmare and living a life
Published May 29th 2014 by Hagblom Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Protecting Lyndley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protecting Lyndley

C-Money
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Where do I start? I have been trying to figure out this review for the past week. Words are failing me.

SAY WHAT?

Yeah I know. It doesn't happen often. But with my review for Protecting Lyndley, I want it to be prefect because I loved this book.

I love sex in books. I love hot, dirty, every page you turn there is a scene that makes your panties melt. But you know what, sometimes I want to read a book that has a story, that has writing so amazing that you have to know what will happen and you just
Fi
May 30, 2014 is currently reading it
Saw that someone wrote this, I quote, "But I will say this might be her best work yet." and now I really gotta see it for myself ;)

description

My name is Lyndley, or Sarah I suppose, depending on who you ask. My once amazing dream of a life had all been taken away from me one tragic night. A night that I wouldn’t soon forget. I knew my job was a dangerous one, but it never crossed my mind that one day it could all just disappear right before my eyes. Now I was trapped in a never-ending nightmare and livi
Jodie Squelch
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads
WOW… this book had me hooked form chapter one…. I couldn’t put it down and devoured it in one sitting…..
This is a suspense romance novel which will keep you needing more as the plot twists and turns…..
Lyndley is a new law graduate, who is living her dream …. Until it is all taken from her in a blink of an eye and she is taken into the witness protection programme and becomes Sarah…..
U.S. Marshall KY, is fighting his own emotional hell with the help of the bottle when he is called up to protect L
Holly Bargo
Disappointing

Lindley isn't intelligent, she's willfully pig-headed and behaves stupidly. Ky's a poor drunk if he gets so soused on a couple of beers and I cannot see the Marshal service hiring or retaining someone like him. Witness protection doesn't take people and put them in high profile jobs, I don't think. Bank VP? Store owner? Not likely. Lyndley must have amazing recuperative abilities to recover from bullet wounds so rapidly. One more thing, the word "revelry" is not the same as "reverie
J.
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved the book. There was just the right amount of suspense, drama and emotions wrapped up in a beautiful book. I loved how Lyndley and Ky "worked" together. She was in wittness protection and he was a Marshal who protected her. He tried to do everything in his powers to make her feel save. But not everything goes as planned. Lots and lots of twists and turns in this book, that makes you turn page after page, just so you find out what happens next.

Can`t wait to read the next book in this series!
Sherill
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, romance
This should have been a good book. But it just wasn't. I rolled my eyes constantly. The main characters were rude to everyone all the time. The plot should have worked, but there was just entirely too much in this one book. It's like the author had a list of ideas for books and put them all in this one. It was just too much and was completely far fetched. I didn't like either of the main characters. There were spelling & grammatical errors throughout the book. It just didn't work...none of i ...more
Becca
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am hooked on this new series by Amanda Bennett. I can not wait until the next book in the series.

Lyndley and Ky are smoking hot together. Thrown together in an unusual situation, Ky and Lyndley must figure out what they have is real or just part of the circumstances sounding their life on the run.

An absolute page turner for me! Highly recommend if you are looking for some adventure with love.
Kristy & Kayla - My Person's Books
Protecting Lyndley

We are huge fans of Amanda Bennett's writing and this book did not disappoint. Told in dual POV we are taken on a journey of two strangers thrown together.

Lyndley is working on the notorious Nelson's Brothers case. Every person involved in the case was assigned a Detective to watch over them. Lyndley and her best friend Reese had been working late one night when tragedy struck. In a few short hours Lyndley's life had changed, her life as she knows it is gone, done, finished.

U
Selene
May 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I was super excited to read this book … It was my first Amanda Bennett read and after meeting her at a book signing and falling in love with her sweetness I was anxious to explore her work.

Because of her job, Lyndley Caverly winds up the target of some very bad people. She goes into witness protection where she is in the care of US Marshall Ky Wakely. There is an immediate attraction but Ky resists the pull he feels for her because it is, afterall, his job to protect her. Well, he lasts for abou
Monica
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Boy oh boy did I enjoy this book. Amanda my love you have done it again. There was not a slow start to this book, Amanda threw us in the cross fire and just went with it. I loved it.

Lyndley or Sarah what ever you want to call her watched a horrible scene unfold right in front of her, thanks to her lovely new job. She is immediately put into protective custody with the U.S Marshalls. As much as she wants to fight it, she knows that she needs to be safe and Ky is her best bet.

Ky has had his heart
Keisha
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
'Reviewed on Behalf of Give Me Books'
Lyndley was just a lawyer working one of the biggest cases she'll ever get, taking down the Nelson brothers. The Nelson brothers are the two biggest crime lords of Chicago so just taking on the case was a big possibly lifethreatening deal. She soon found out that she'd be leaving her family and friends behind by faking her death in the hope of keeping her life safe. Little did she know her life may never be safe while the two men she was trying to take down w
Casey Peeler
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Protecting Lyndley is a story about putting your feelings on the back burner to protect the one that means the most to you, but there’s one big problem. You’re not suppose to fall for the one you’re protecting.

Lyndley is a young lady who has witnessed a horrific event due to her current case she is working. When this happens she is forced to leave behind everyone that is important to her, lead them to believe that she is dead, and have a husband who is a total prick.

Ky has been dealt a rough set
Sherry
Jun 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This is the first book that I’ve read from Amanda Bennett and overall I thought it was a good story. Lyndley (Sarah) is a witness in protective custody and Ky is her handler. I have a high tolerance for suspension of disbelief. I’m able to say ‘yep, that’s far fetched, but works in the story’ and that’s exactly what parts of this book screamed. There are some over the top situations and some aren’t entirely believable, but they add to the back story for the characters.

If you like action
1-Click Addict Support Group
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it

My only complaint was that I didn’t feel like the relationship betw
Tiffany
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of Give Me Books
Protecting Lyndley was a sweet, romantic read. It had quite a few twists and turns that left you in suspense and wanting to know what was going to happen. Watching your best friend get murdered in front of you and then leaving your life without any good-byes would be extremely hard for anyone. The emotions one would feel would run the gamut and Lyndley wasn’t any different. Through fear, she learned to trust and eventually love. My only complaint was that I did
Ruthie Taylor
Jun 01, 2014 rated it liked it
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

There is a carefully thought out story in this book - but in places it seems too far fetched. Although I liked the differing povs, and the back story that came out, I found the use of language strange in places. It may be because I am not from the USA.

I will be interested to watch this author's progress with this series.

Wicked Reads Review Team
Laura Hannaway
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
This didn't work for me at all. I didn't really like tha characters, they were rude. And as far as I'm aware the U.S. Marshals don't actively hire alcoholics or people without an ounce of professionalism like Ky. I also found the writing style to be rather jarring. The ideas behind the story were interesting ones and COULD have worked if I had been able to appreciate the characters more, but leads who spend all their time whining about how awful their lives are and how they NEVER whine just do n ...more
Tosha Powers
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
I have been a big fan of Amanda Bennett books since the beautiful series. I love how she gets you hooked on the book from the first few chapters. I was hooked, I could wait to find out what happen to Lyndley. No spoilers but a really great story.
Detroitangel
Jun 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-this
This is easily a 3.5 STAR. I really do get involved when there is so much on the line. This story wasn't overly dramatic, it wasn't an easy love, and not all ends were tied up, leaving many possibilities for the future.
Sheri
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am going through withdrawal! I am loving this series and can not wait until the second comes our. It keeps you guessing throughout!
Ivanna
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5*
suka suka ga suka siy sama ceritanya
LiLiana P.
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love this story..have action, romance, love and super HOTTTTTTTTTTTTT cowboys :P
Shim
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5*
Emily
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: new adult
Recommended to Emily by: free ebook Amazon
Very good
Elizabeth Hood
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amanda did it again. This is a great action packed story with HEA. I highly recommend this book as well as ALL of Amanda Bennett's books. She is an amazing author
Christie Mack
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Simply amazing. One of the first books I've read from Amanda Bennett but this one I had trouble putting down until I finished it. I can't wait for the next one in the series.
Alisa
Jun 02, 2014 rated it liked it
There were a couple of problems I had with the book, but overall it was a good book.
Danielle Calabrese
Jun 09, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a decent read, but there were too many inconsistencies to give it more than 3 stars.
Michelle
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, read-in-2015
I really enjoyed reading this book and reading a first from Amanda Bennett. I was hooked from the first pages and devoured it.
Kira
Apr 27, 2015
  • Unbreakable (Able, #1)
  • Before & After
  • Heart in Wire (By a Thread, #4)
  • Gainer's Grace (Changing #2)
  • Not Until Tonight (This Night, #1)
  • See Me (Lightning Tales, #3)
  • One Last Night (One True Thing, #0.5)
  • Starting Fires
  • Follow You Down (Reflect Me, #2)
  • Keep Me Wanting
  • See Through Me (Lose My Senses, #1)
  • Finding Haven
  • Moments of Julian (The McCain Saga, #2)
  • The Absolutely True Story of Us (A Novel Deception #2.7)
  • Stricken Resolve (Stricken Rock, #4)
  • Something like Normal (Something like Normal, #1)
  • Infinitely (Infinite Love Duet, #1)
  • Game Winner (The Penalty Kill Trilogy, #3)

Amanda currently lives in Utah with her many men (her husband, two little boys, and two dogs). She is an avid San Francisco 49ers and Dexter fan. In high school she developed a love for writing and storytelling, and in the past couple years has made it her passion as she jus

US Marshal (2 books)
  • Chasing Carson (US Marshal #2)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)