Start by marking “Tainted Rose (The Darkness Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tainted Rose (The Darkness Trilogy, #2)

Tainted Rose

(The Darkness Trilogy #2)

Rose Meadows has been taken.

Now, she is forced to work as a stripper in a desolate bar owned by the Dark Rebel MC. This is the same club that killed her father and wiped out his club, The Sioux Rangers. The Dark Rebels humiliate and abuse her and she is beginning to lose hope of ever being rescued.

Josh Carter lives like a wolf.

He roams the streets of Montreal like a gho
Published April 11th 2014 by Smashwords (first published April 9th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Tainted Rose, please sign up.
Willow Brooks she writes about it because there are those of us who enjoy this type of fiction. This fiction is not to push women's rights or to persuade someone to…moreshe writes about it because there are those of us who enjoy this type of fiction. This fiction is not to push women's rights or to persuade someone to chose between right and wrong. This is strictly for entertainment and it is not for everybody. Everyone has a right to read books according to their personal taste and Authors deserve the right to write books according to their personal taste. As far as I know there are no statistics stating women and men are being raped because of a dark BDSM, erotica, D's or DD novels.

It sounds like your taste run more in the direction of romance novels. I'm not sure where you purchase your books, but if you look at what the book is listed under, it tells if it's Dark romance, dark erotica, romance, or historical romance books so you don't keep running into this type of read. Also if you read the reviews you'll learn more of what type of book it is that way you don't have to keep reading about rapes.

If it's listed under romance, check to see if it's dark romance because most likely there will be forced, dubious, non consent, or plain rape. (less)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: Tainted Rose
SERIES: (The Darkness Trilogy #2)
AUTHOR: Abby Weeks
GENRE: Dark | Adult Fiction
PUBLICATION: April 11th, 2014
MY RATING: 5 STARS

Warning! This book contains triggers that some readers will find distressing. It is not for the faint of heart.

Just like Book #1 the author states that: The following story is based partially on events from my life...

WILL ADD MORE TO THIS REVIEW TOMORROW

Hearbreakingly raw

The only thing I'm finding in these books so far that could improve them read
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
DNF @ 57%.........siggghhhhhhh........

I am not sure I can say exactly what it is about this book for me to quit reading. Just a lot of little things, from the boring flashbacks that happen a lot to the too descriptive of minor details that have really nothing to do with this story.

A lot of the story was the same thing over again.

I had high hopes for this trilogy!
Paganalexandria
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
I am a huge fan of books featuring motorcycle club culture, and almost anything featuring a dancer of any kind is sure to snag my attention. I prefer my biker themed reads to be gritty and unforgivably “real”. This is that and much, much more. Warning, this is an extremely dark read. This storyline deals with a lot of explicit abuse, and rape, so please be aware that this book might be a trigger landmine for some readers. I personally love p
JoHanna
Sep 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
Ummmm.....nope.

So let me get this straight, she was just raped repeatedly for 2 years and the moment Josh Carter shows up the first night they are alone they make sweet love and at the end exchange "I love yous" like shit didn't JUST happen. Oh and they left the sick bastard alive and just walked out. SERIOUSLY!

How many of us scream at the tv when the poor victim finally over powers the killer, knocks him unconscious, then throws the gun right beside him and turns to walk away...while he's stil
Beth
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.25 Brutal Stars

Holy Shit! This book is brutal. I love a good "bad boy MC" book. Like seriously love them. But this book is not that. It is not the loveable rapscallion leather-wearing but loyal MC guy book I love. This is something different. This is HELL x 3.14 NO.

Rose is tainted. Yes indeed. She didn't start that way. She was raised in a MC club. A club were the members were loyal to each. They were family. But for Rose things change when her father is killed. She no longer has the family s
Candace
Like the first book in the series, this one begins with Rose in a hopeless position. She's been property of the DRMC for 2 years now, being forced to strip and service club members at a bar in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by the inhospitable Northern Canadian wilderness with no hope of escape or rescue. Honestly, I don't know why she didn't take her own life. When things get even worse and she decides she'd rather die trying to escape or commit suicide than live another moment in those depl ...more
Kari Kaz
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
description

*some minor spoilers ahead

Tainted Rose is the story of Rose Meadows, a 23 year-old woman who two years ago was forcefully taken to a dismal bar in the middle of nowhere in Canada. Rose’s life is a living nightmare from the moment she is taken by the Dark Rebel MC. She’s forced to work as a stripper and whore; she is abused, raped and mistreated in every possible way by a group of men who consider her worthless property.

Her story is brutal and harsh, no details are left out and the vill
Jodell
Apr 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
The first 75 percent of this book was so depressing, degrading and a disgusting nightmare I didn't know if I wanted to kill myself or kill Rose the main character in this book so she didn't have to suffer anymore.

I wanted to kill every single mother fucker in the book by cutting their penis off and stuffing it in their mouth. While carving there faces up and slowly watching them die while forcing them to beg forgivness from Rose.

Not even the last 25 percent could redeem it for me. You can on
Kelli
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biker-series
This was a very emotional story. This is not for the faint at heart, this has some very hard scenes to read but that what's makes the story so deep. It was very well written. I read this in one setting the story was so gripping. My only complaint is the romance was rushed at the end, this is supposed to be part of a series, so maybe the next installment follows Josh and Rose and there newfound romance.
Kitten Mercer
4 Dark, Disturbing, Abusive stars.

Tbh this series is one of the grittiest MC books I've read. It's not even a love story... well not until the second half of the book where the 'hero' was finally introduced. This book was f*cking brutal. There were scenes that were hard to read but since I'm a fan of the author's vivid, compelling writing style, I couldn't put it down. Rose Meadows was the exact definition of the word "tainted". I could hardly imagine how brutal her life had been in the hands of
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
*I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team*

2.5 Revenge Stars!

WARNING: May be disturbing to some readers!

"Respect few, fear none."

Rose grew up within the life of bikers. Everything was taken on one bloody Sunday, her father and anyone considered family was gone. 10 years later she's now a slave to the rival MC that took her family out. Rose is trapped in the middle of no-where, forced to strip for truckers and bikers. That's until Josh Carter comes to tow
Suzanne (Lily)
Taking a deep breath, not sure how to rate this book. I usually rate a book according to how much I enjoyed a story, but I don't imagine this is a story to enjoy. So I'm going between 2.5 to 3.5 stars, but only because i don't want to sit on the fence.

It is predominantly a story of the tragic situation a girl has the misfortune to find herself in, simply by making a massive error in judgement. Rose had my sympathy, i felt her pain and wanted the best for her but couldn't imagine how she could fl
Honey Warren
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is VERY hard to rate!!! On one hand i felt the need to rate it 5++++ stars just because of the way it made me feel...icky!! I mean I respect someone being able to write a story that makes me just keep saying OMG what?!? On the other hand I have a hard time rating a book with so much terrible stuff happening OVER and OVER a 5. I went into this series blind, so I had NO IDEA that I was getting into such a depraved world of bikers. These are not your normal bikers! I think the ending was REALL ...more
Petra
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great biker read with some nasty bikers who are brutal to rose then when she thought nothing could ever get better in walks the stranger josh x
Annette
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
One I started reading this book, I was completely addicted. I spent my free time reading.

Abby Weeks takes the reader on a brutal ride with the main character, Rose Meadows. One horrific event changes her life. The story is very well written in the third person.

I was able to feel the pain and suffering that Rose had to endure. Her abuse was described in vivid detail, I was horrified. She endured two long years of emotional and physical abuse at the hands of vile, disgusting bikers. These bikers w
Jane
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Tainted Rose by Abby weeks

4 Stars

Being a huge Sons of Anarchy fan, when I read the blurb on this book, being about an MC, it was a no brainer really, I had to read it. Oddly enough I haven’t read a book about a bikers before even though I grew up with a Dad who has rode all his life and still rides now even in his 70’s!

Now the DFMC is absolutely nothing like the romantic notions I have about these gangs. There is no loyalty amongst them, they stick together through fear and fear alone and not b
Kaylyn
Apr 24, 2014 rated it liked it
First of all let me say this is a very brutal book. To say it contains triggers would be putting it mildly. *Contains rape abuse and extreme violence* I usually don’t mind MC violence but this was way beyond a normal MC book. That being said I still enjoyed the story I just wish the hero & heroine had more time together.

I pitied Rose mostly because she was getting numb to her situation. She had lost the fight and let them break her. Yes she had strength to endure everything for years so I li
Julie
Apr 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bikers-mc
I received an advance copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Note to readers... if you are not into dark reads, violence and sexual abuse, this book IS NOT for you. It is a very dark read. Personally I prefer my MC books dark and gritty, this book is exactly that and more.

I read the book in less than a day... I was so absorbed in the story, I could feel Rose's pain. There were passages in the book where I was literally holding my breath to the point of getting dizzy ! The author has a
Angie
Jul 19, 2014 rated it liked it
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~

This book two of a three book series. I found this book difficult to get through. I found myself skimming through most of it. It became so repetitive that I was almost bored and that shouldn’t be the case in a story such as this. The only redeeming quality in this book is meeting Josh. Thank God he finally showed up, I was losing hope! Josh is out for revenge, little does he know that his revenge will ultimately
Cheryl
May 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Review of Tainted Rose (The Darkness Trilogy #2) by Abby Weeks

Review done for Hooked on Books & CherryOBlossoms Promotions

3 out of 5 stars

Rose Meadows is suffering at the hands of one of the most gruesome motorcycle gangs in the world, the Dark Rebel MC. She was kidnapped and made to work as a stripper in one of their dive bars in the middle of nowhere.

She is repeatedly raped and tortured. She doesn’t think she can last much longer. There doesn’t seem any hope to get out of this nightmare fo
Julianne
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked-reads
** I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads**

I liked this book. Alot. Maybe to much considering the horrific things that are inside it.
Rose has become employed at a very secluded little club in the middle of no where. Few men go to this club, but when they do Rose is expected to perform.
She is very unhappy and most of the time takes her self to an other place mentally.
She wants to get out but has no way to.
That is until someone from her past shows up.
He is the key
Shelby
*I received a free copy to read & review for Wicked Reads*
I really don't know how to rate/review this book. The first 50% was very bleak and depressing-the descriptiveness was almost too much for me.
I almost got bored with the repetition of Rose's existence (being brutalized).
I was ready to give up at about 54% but then there was a POV change and we meet Josh. Thank goodness we FINALLY get some break from the monotony of Rose's life with the DRMC.
The end of this book just frustrates me -
Ruthie Taylor
May 26, 2014 rated it liked it
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

This is a dark and dangerous book, which takes a long time to say very little and then seems to rather rush to the ending. There was an intensity to it, which made me really think about what I would do in that situation, but then the flicker of spirit would be doused out. I'm glad I have read it, as it is thought provoking, but light reading it certainly isn't!

Wicked Reads Review Team
S.M. Harshell
** I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads. **

I went into this one with no expectations. It was tough to get into, I skimmed a lot. There seemed to be things that were repeated, within the same page sometimes within the same paragraph. I did really like Josh's character, bringing him in was brilliant. It saved what was left of this book for me. I enjoyed reading about him and his revenge against the MC.

Wicked Reads Review Team

Katie
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
well, I tried...was WAY too long and drawn out...I found myself having the tl;dr mindset during most of it so I knew I had to stop reading...

Stinks because I LOVED the first book. Probably because it was shorter.
Ari
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Heartbreaking, gritty story to read. I'll admit it was difficult to read certain scenarios, but you just felt your heart go out for Rose just Struggling to stay a live and enduring so much pain. It was agonizing just waiting for a miracle. My heart goes out to the author.
Hot Reading Mom
Apr 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Bad ending. The love connection came a bit too quick for me. Didn't make sense. Rose has been kidnapped, brutalized by a biker club. Josh comes in and saves the day.
marion
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Tainted Rose

$2.99 for 308 pages
This is supposed to be the second book in a trilogy and while it picks up where Tangled Rose left off, this book also finally answers those questions we were left with from Tangled, as well as rehashed (though not in as much detail) how she came to be in the strip club where we find Rose. Really, I was left with impression that the novella of Tangled came to be written after this novel and... I was a sucker.
This had numerous editing errors that did impact the flow
Faith
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books
Tainted Rose is at times heart-wrenching, and brutal.

Rose Meadows has had a very difficult life, she doesn't know how she'll make it through one more day.

Josh Carter's life hasn't been easy either, and he has spent ten years looking for retribution.
Abby Weeks takes you on their journey, into their world, you feel Rose's pain and desperation.

I felt Josh's determination to make things right, and I was hoping with all my heart that Rose would find a way out.

Will they find a way? Well, you'll have
Karen
Heartbreaking, cruel story especially as it from some of the author's life experiences.

Sexual slavery, rape & massacre are not easy to read about but I'm taken into a world of despair in the safety of a book. Continually using & abusing I can't fathom the mentality of the men who do this.

I wish the best for the author but with the rage this book evokes I can't continue to journey with her.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Embers of Starlight
  • Scarred (Demons of Hell MC #1)
  • Beyond Revenge (Ransom, #2)
  • Cut Wide Open (Bleeding Scars MC, #1)
  • Nomad (Lucifer's Legion Motorcycle Club #2)
  • Junkie (Broken Doll #1)
  • Tic : Soulless Bastards MC No Cal Book 3 (Soulless Bastards MC No Cal, #3)
  • Resistance (Uncovering You #3)
  • Consumed (Keeping her in the Dark, #2)
  • To the Depths of Hell
  • Dangerous Intentions (His Agenda, #2)
  • The Bonus  (Zeta Cartel, #1)
  • Whiskey: Ruthless Bastards (RBMC Book 1)
  • Gator
  • Little Dove (The Beast, #3)
  • Three Years (Gypsy Brothers, #5)
  • Sin (Devil's Fury, #1)
  • The Sect (Wicked Trinity, #1)
Hi, my name is Abby. I hope you enjoy my exciting new romance and erotica stories.

I love stories about strong, female protagonists that give you a good character arc and background to the action as well as providing the steamy details of what they get up to. I am particularly attracted to themes like wife-swapping, voyeurism, exhibitionism, and public and group encounters.

I am thirty-years-old and

The Darkness Trilogy (3 books)
  • Tangled Rose (The Darkness Trilogy, #1)
  • Twisted Rose (The Darkness Trilogy, #3)