Start by marking “Jaguar Pride (Heart of the Jaguar, #4)” as Want to Read:
Jaguar Pride (Heart of the Jaguar, #4)

Jaguar Pride

(Heart of the Jaguar #4)

JAG Special Forces operatives like Golden Claw agent Melissa Overton and her partner, Huntley Anderson, are trained for the most dangerous missions in the harshest environments. These hardened jaguar shifters can handle any variable, even . . . babies?

When Huntley and Melissa find two jaguar shifter cubs snoozing in their jungle hut while on assignment, they have to keep
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published February 3rd 2015 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Jaguar Hunt | Terry Spear's Shifters

Jaguar Pride is book four in the Heart of the Jaguar series by Terry Spear.

Melissa and Huntley are both special agents for the Jag Forces, and they are both Jaguar shifters. Their job was to hunt poachers of big cats, primarily in the Brazilian rain forests. Melissa and Huntley work well together but have kept their partnership strictly business since they were both in relationships at home. But both of their relationships fizzled out at the same time so when they were off on their next job tog
AH
Initial Thoughts: Another solid installment in author Terry Spear's Heart of the Jaguar series. Each book can be read as a stand alone book, or if you wish to enhance your reading pleasure, they can be read in order. This is a fun read if you are into wildlife conservation and enjoy reading about tropical rain forests. The little jaguar shifter cubs were a cute addition/diversion for our lead couple to take care of.

The Review: Terry Spear is one of my favorite paranormal romance writers. Her He
Beth
Jaguar Pride gives a fascinating story that balances a wonderfully steamy romance with an environment suspense plot.

Huntley and Melissa are two agents on the JAG special Forces. They are partnered and sent to the stop animal poaching in the rain forest. Both have a mutual appreciation for each other but are in relationships at home.

As the story progress, Huntley and Melissa uncover a strong poaching operation that have ties close to home. Shifters have been taken in their animal forms.

Huntley a
Stephanie  G
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Things are heating up in the rainforest when two JAG agents are sent in to stop ruthless poachers but Melissa and Huntley can handle every variable…even two babies in this thrilling paranormal romance.

This fast paced and smooth flowing plot keeps readers on the edge of their seats from the very beginning as the two agents save a mother cat and her cubs from poachers but that’s not the end of the bad guys – oh no they have lots of trouble and excitement to cause. The reader can’t help but get cau
Dianne
Hotter than a sauna, Jaguar Pride by Terry Spear ratchets up the steam of an exotic jungle with the steam between two dedicated JAG agent shifters. Melissa and Huntley have been working on and off as partners, trying to stop the black market sales of exotic jungle cats who may or may not be shifters. When one bust gets to be more than they can handle, they must choose between rescuing a mother and her twins and capturing the head of the smuggling ring. An unfinished assignment is just too tempti ...more
Leigh
I received this from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Melissa Overton and Huntley Anderson are both jaguar shifters and operatives for JAG Special Forces who are on a mission to catch poachers in the rain forest of Costa Rica. They capture two poachers, but the ring leader was able to escape. How did they allow him to slip through their fingers? Will he be too elusive to catch? Melissa and Huntley are on his trail again when they are able to save shifter cubs, but the poachers get away
All Things Urban Fantasy
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

I had always meant to read this series since I have read and enjoyed Terry Spear's other shifter series Heart of the Wolf. Like usual I jumped into reading a series right in the middle with the fourth book and luckily like Heart of the Wolf, Heart of the Jaguar is a series you can just jump into with out any confusion. What I liked about JAGUAR PRIDE was the plot involving two people being thrown into a 'babysitting' job in the middle of a jungle. I ass
Dawn ♥ romance
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
I enjoyed this paranormal romance with lots of fast paced exciting action. It's nice to see a friends first couple and I always like with the male pushes for the relationship. It had an important plot dealing with stealing animals from their natural habitat. Special forces jaguar shifters Melissa and Huntley are teamed together to hunt down wild animal poachers.
Shauni
Originally Reviewed For: Bodice Rippers, Femme Fatales and Fantasy

Shifters are in and I am totally a fan but there is just something special about the big cats.. There are plenty of authors who write shifter books and also plenty of good ones but Terry Spear sits in a category all her own. The research that goes into her stories shows in the detail. I look forward to each and every one of her books but have a very special place in my heart for her Jaguars..

Jaguar Pride is book four in her Heart
Lover of Romance
I Received a ARC copy in exchange for a honest review.

Melissa Overton is a Special Forces agent for the JAG, and her partner is Huntley Anderson, both are trained and jaguar shifters. They are on a dangerous mission, hunting a man that has been setting traps for jaguars and selling those he captures. Melissa and Huntley are determined to bring this man to justice for his wrongs. But as they hunt him, they enter into a dangerous situation and they find two shifter jaguar cubs and their parents
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 4 Jaguar Pride Stars ~

Jaguar Pride is book four in the Heart of the Jaguar series by Terry Spear and can be read as a standalone.

I enjoyed the story and characters. It did start of a little slow at the begging for me, but once Huntley and Melissa headed out on a mission to catch the poacher who got away from them, things started picking up. They work well together as a team and as a couple. I enjoyed how the relationship grew into a steamy hot romance, between Huntley and Melissa. I also lo
Donna Fournier
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book takes you on a jungle adventure with baby jaguars and sexy JAGs. You never know what Terry Spears has up her sleeves. Or what or who might be lurking behind the next jungle tree or crawling out of the river. Hang on for this ride. Did I say bring along a cold drink? You'll need it with these two. The chemistry is there in spades.
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews
Overall Rating: 4 Rockin’ ★★★★

Mission impossible…to stop as many poachers as possible! This is book four in the Heart of Jaguar series by Terry Spear. This is not only a sexy shifter romance but it is also an environmental drama that makes a statement. Melissa and Huntley not only share their unique love story but also their dedication to the preservation of big cats and in the rain forest.

Melissa Overton had dreamed of becoming a JAG Special Forces operative since the day her home had been inva
Shirley Frances
Huntley and Melissa have been partnered for missions several times through the years. Both have been in committed relationships before and have not given into their attraction--until this latest mission. Determined to find the man behind a poaching ring, Huntley and Melissa soon find themselves looking out for two jaguar cubs and in a rescue mission to find their parents before it's too late.

I have to say that this story was different from I had expected. I read Jaguar Hunt and liked it very
Linda
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
At dusk in the Corcovado National Park in Costa Rica, Melissa Overton barely heard the constant sound of crickets chirping all around them. Prowling through the dense, tropical rainforest as a jaguar, she listened for the human voices that would clue her in that her prey was nearby.

Waves crashed onto the sandy beaches in the distance as she made her way quietly, like a phantom predator, through the tangle of vines and broad, leafy foliage, searching for any sign of the poachers. Humans wouldn'
Sharon Tyler
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jaguar Pride is the forth book in the Heart of the Jaguar series by Terry Spear. It is currently scheduled for release on February 3 2015. you do not have to have read the other books in the series to enjoy this book, they can each stand on their own. JAG Special Forces operatives like Melissa Overton and her partner, Huntley Anderson, are trained for the most dangerous missions in the harshest environments. They work well together, but try to keep it all business and get the job done as they pr ...more
Paranormal Kiss
Jaguar Pride by Terry Spear is the 4th book in her Heart of the Jaguar series. I really enjoy this series and Jaguar Pride was a great addition. Melissa and Huntley are Jaguar shifters, partnered together on a mission for JAG, Jaguar Special Forces.

The mission ends up taking longer and being more complicated than either one of them had anticipated. Along the way their budding romance takes shape and feelings grow deeper. Further complicating matters they find themselves caring for a pair of ado
Kathie (katmom)
Happy Release Week!

I am particularly fond of Ms. Spear's Highland shifter series. While this one was steamy, and some of the shifter scenes were fun, it read like a PSA...for how bad it is to buy and sell wild animals. Don't get me wrong, I agree that the trafficking of wild animals should be stopped, but I did get rather tired of hearing how bad people are. Not all of us fit that bill.

What I did like was that Melissa and Huntley are a team for JAG Special Forces. Don't you love that name? Becau
Jan
Language: engaging
Tone: sensual
Frame: contemporary, Corcovada National Park, Costa Rica; Dallas

Series: Jaguar shifters, Heart of the Jaguar #4

JAG Special Agents Melissa Overton and Huntley Anderson are teamed up to catch dealers in endangered cats. They’ve come close to the ring leader, but not close enough. Returning home from their first assignment together, their previous relationships go south. Th
Jonel
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This novel is a fantastic mix of action and romance. Spear writes in a manner that allows you to easily picture yourself standing in the midst of the action. She involves her readers in every aspect of the mission her characters embark on. Spear’s hot bedroom scenes leave you drooling. This all makes the unique and unforgettable plot of the story shine through. This author’s fantastic storytelling and fluid writing style top it all off.

This author has definitely nailed shifters as characters, cr
Crystal
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in place of an honest review.

I didn't know how exciting this book was going to be until I started reading it. I could fell the attraction between Golden Claw agents Melissa Overton and Huntley Anderson. I was wondering how these two could get together since they had other sexual partners. Comes to find out that things are taken out of their hands and fate jumps in and throws everyone for a loop.

The author did a great job at describing how they look i
Kelly at
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .

NUMBER OF HEARTS: 4
REVIEW:
Huntley and Melissa are a great team on missions. They both are fearless, smart and love being wild. Oh and the like each other, only problem they both are dating other people. But that is okay work and pleasure don’t mix well.
I won’t give away anything but when you mix two Jaguars who like each other (A LOT), two baby Jaguar cubs, a lot of spilled milk, poachers and one weaselly bad guy you have a lot of action.
I rea
Donna Campbell
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Liked the story but almost didn't care if the love interests got together because it seemed that David was pretty blasé about it also...So didn't feel the heat....
Michelle the Romance Witch
3.75 stars. a really good read and im looking forward to what's next. full review to come to my blog soon.
Aly
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This time, Terry Spear takes us in Costa Rica where her Golden Claws agents received orders to capture poachers.

As soon as they returned to town, they must go back to track down the hunter who managed to escape the first time.

But the mission takes another turn when Huntley and Melissa find two jaguar shifter cubs in their tent. Taking down bad guys and search for the missing parents seem like a peace of cake compared to babysit for two cubs who can turn into human babies at any time.

I'm gonna
Tracy Hall
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great

This story was great. It was full of action and adventure. At every turn there was another plot twist and the antics between the agents and the cubs were priceless.
sparklyunikorn

Shelves: 2019
3+ stars
BrownSugar
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
The couple seemed to take leaps. While I expected instant animal attraction, I didn’t expect instant family desire. On the other hand, it was an interesting suspense plot
Janet Dillard
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series

I’ve enjoyed all the books in this series so far. Can’t wait to read the next one. Wahoo
I highly recommed this series

• Vampires Never Cry Wolf (Dead in the City, #3)
  • His Darkest Embrace (Jaguar Warriors, #2)
  • Her Wild Hero (X-Ops, #3)
  • To Catch His Mate (Crescent Moon, #5)
  • Hunter's Moon (Moon, #2)
  • Burning Desire: Part 1
  • Taming the Lion (Lone Pine Pride Book 2)
  • Love Defined
  • Angus (The Cursed Clan, #2)
  • Wolf's Fall (Alpha Pack, #6)
  • Britton (The Awakening, #3)
  • Primal Pleasure (Pendragon Gargoyles, #4)
  • Storm Force (Omega Force, #1)
  • Protective Instinct (Moon Shifter, #5.5)
  • Stop Dragon My Heart Around (Las Vegas Dragons, #2)
  • King's Throne (Tales of the Were: String of Fate #2)
Love, love, love romance, the paranormal, hunky Highlanders with their delicious brogue and hot kilts, so Terry Spear writes about those hunky Highlanders both in medieval times and as wolves in contemporary times. Jaguar shifters too! And young adult urban fantasy. And romantic suspense.

She grew up reading mystery, adventure, mythologies from around the world, ghost stories, the paranormal, fell

Heart of the Jaguar (6 books)
  • Savage Hunger (Heart of the Jaguar, #1)
  • Jaguar Fever (Heart of the Jaguar, #2)
  • Jaguar Hunt (Heart of the Jaguar, #3)
  • A Very Jaguar Christmas (Heart of the Jaguar #5)
  • The Witch and the Jaguar
“He tossed her over his shoulder and stalked back to the bedroom.
"What do you think you're doing?"
"I've had enough babysitting duty. It's time for some grownup action.”
3 likes
“He chuckled. "Come here."
She hesitated.
"We don't have to do anything. Just ... sleep."
She let out her breath on a heavy sign. "You don't want to just sleep." Then she moved in next to him, and he wrapped his arms around her. "Do you?"
"Hell no." He leaned down for a kiss.”
0 likes