Start by marking “The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #4)” as Want to Read:

The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel

(Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels #4)

Published October 2nd 2018 by Disney-Hyperion

Tinka
THEY CUT OUT THE KISS! THEY CUT OUT THE KISS! THEY CUT OUT -

Somebody sedate me, RIGHT NOW! From all the things you cut out, you chose Percabeth‘s first kiss? HOW? WHY?

Calming myself now... SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?

Okay, okay... I am calm... maybe...

Other things they cut that really should have stayed in include: Literally everything with Calypso (geez, wonder if that’s important for the Heroes of Olympus?), Rachel hitting Kronos with a brush, Percy saving one of
Nhu
This graphic novel was too short.
GodzRead
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this novel better than all the other PJO related graphic novels thus far. This is largely because the artstyle just appealed more to me in this one.

Once again I missed a few part, Calypso was barely in it and I MISSED THE KISS.
Drewthereader20
Finished this when I had down time at my second job!(:
Devann
actual rating: 2.5

On the one hand, this is a quick enjoyable read and I definitely like the art here more than in previous volumes. On the other hand, I felt like literally nothing happened? It's been probably a decade since I've read the books so I'm not sure if this book in particular was just really slow or if they cut out a bunch of stuff and that's what made it seem that way here. It's still a nice refresher since I'm trying to wait until after the last Apollo book comes out bef
Jaymie
Oct 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. I enjoy having a visual to go with the great books by Rick Riordan! And I know that there are a lot of reasons for pieces to get cut out in the transition to a graphic novel. But this one felt particularly choppy and disconnected. Kids who haven't read the novels might be fine with this as their only experience of the story. And kids who really get into the visuals of the monsters and other characters they already enjoy from the books might be fine with this, too. Kids who love the no ...more
Bia Bentes
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it
*3.5 stars.
This graphic novel was too short, it almost lost the originality of the story, it cut off a lot of good parts of the book and made the whole experience a bit disconnected. I was quite disappointed because the Battle of the Labyrinth is my favorite book in the series and wasn't well represented on this.
Zelsh
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5
There are waaay to many details missing, but it's nice to read, anyway! :D
Steph
Did the artwork improve in this book?

It's still not how I picture them all, but I do love being back in the world of Percy Jackson.
Emily Peddle
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mythology
Best book of the graphic PJO series. Great rendition of the story! PLUS cute little Easter egg:Selena and Charles together in a few scenes (PRECIOUS).
Skye
It took me a little longer to get into this graphic novel than the first three in the series. I don’t know if it’s maybe because I just didn’t originally like this storyline as much (it mostly just sets up the final battle), or if I picked it up at an inconvenient time. But, regardless, it took me a fair bit longer to read than a graphic novel usually would. Although, once I got past the first part / chapter, I didn’t stop.

There was a lot of information in the original novel, and a l
Lisa Marie
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I feel like the art work in the book was more appealing to me than in the previous story. I feel that a lot more of the graphics were better done and more detailed.

I am glad that I decided to give these graphic novels a go. I did not realize that the graphic novels did not go all the way to the last one. (on my free app because I did see the new one has come out). I kind of wish I could continue to the next one because this book like the others ended in a cliff hanger. Dang. I mean I am not rea
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson Graphic Novel, #4) by Rick Riordan, 128 pages. GRAPHIC NOVEL Disney Hyperion, 2018. $22. Content: Language: G; Mature Content: G; Violence: PG-13.

BUYING ADVISORY: MS – ESSENTIAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH

Annabeth has been granted a quest to go into the Labyrinth and try to close the entrance that would put Camp Half Blood in peril. As Percy and Annabeth head on their quest they realize that the labyrinth is more complex and confusing than they thought so t
Abel
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rating: A+
After Five years what we’ve been waiting since fist third graphic novels,
Robert Venditti, Orpheus Collar (The Kane Chronicles) and Antonio Donte (The Heroes of Olympus) Bring fourth Installments of Percy Jacksonback to life n Graphic Novel.
It was epic storytelling as well as Both Combination of Collar and Donte’s Artwork And Color Are Really total blast what did right with everything including characters what we pictured in the original novel to be 100% perfect, and r
Tiffany
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was amazing!

It seems that Disney have started to adapt the last two books in this graphic series and with that they changed artists, which I was happy about.

This art style seems to fit the series so well and is so pretty. It did feel Disney-ish but also a style that kids would be used to and enjoy when reading this series.

I loved seeing the whole gang again and the relationships they have one another.

Percy and Annabeth working together. With Nico being his angsty self. And then the
Lonopia
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Percy Jackson will always be a favourite of mine, but I think I'm just not meant for graphic novels. I enjoy seeing the way things are interpreted. It's just been such a long time since I read the original that I felt a little thrown off. Thinking I remembered things that I actually didn't and what not. The art work is stunning. I'm a tad bit sad they changed illustrators, not because I didn't like the new art, but more for consistency sake. All in all, it was a quick solid read, and a good refr ...more
Anna N
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
They cut out waaaaay too much. All the scenes with Calypso? Gone. I’m pretty sure Ethan wasn’t in it at all, and while they talked about Chris, they never showed his relationship with Clarisse. Juniper was gone too. Mrs. O’Leary was different too, she was really vicious. Obviously they can cut out some stuff, but for this one too much was cut.
I did, however, really enjoy the art style in this particular book. I think everyone was drawn pretty well. Tyson actually looked like how
Henna
The Battle of the Labyrinth graphic novel is a quick, fun read to re-fresh what happens in the book. It covers most of the important storylines and the art is gorgeous, I really like Orpheus Collar's style. However, it's too short; yes, important bits are covered in a coherent way but there's things missing and it's a bit too much rush from one place to another. I still think the graphic novels are great for fans to enjoy, but I would recommend new readers to pick up the books to get the full glory of th ...more
Bikram
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gabriella
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always think it's good to read the graphic novel versions of the Percy Jackson and Heros of Olympus series to refresh my memory of what happened in the books. I really liked this one, and for some odd reason I find myself preferring the art and character design on this book much better than on "The son of Neptune" (which is the only one I have with my physically to compare it to at the moment), I think it has something to do with Percy's character. Either way I much preferred this book to the ...more
Sydney
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it

I am not as happy with this adaptation as I have been with the others. Some very critical, in my opinion, points were left out. If there was a couple more pages the scene in Mt. St. Helens erupted, the kiss could have happened. Also, the time Percy spends with Calypso is so important in his journey to save Olympus and it part of his request in the end.

Overall, it was enjoyable, I just wish more of the smaller details were added in because they do make a differenc
Kristin Ogarp
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
This is such a step up from the other graphic novels, however, it's really hard to see them cut out important parts. Were where the first Percabeth kiss? Why did the give Calypso such little importance? And so on..

The art in this one is by FAR my favorite, Nico looks just how I imagine him and everyone just looks so much more like themselves in n this art style which I'm pleased with. I'm looking forward to the last interpretation of TLO, hopefully with greater storytelling.
Sophia
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it. I just finished this book again. There are many series in the Percy Jackson series in this order. Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Kane Chronicles, Heroes of Olympus, Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, Trials of Apollo. The Trials of Apollo and Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard happen at the same time so you need to read them at the same time. But The Trials of Apollo is longer it and is still going on. There are also add ons to each series.
Samantha
Aug 29, 2019 rated it liked it
In the Olympians series, this is my least favorite book because I don't like unnecessary love triangles and the drama surrounding it. But this adaptation didn't have really any of it, so it was better! I'm upset we didn't get the kiss between P & A right before the explosion, and we didn't get to meet Calypso. Also, I don't remember Hephaestus being there?
Chandra Walker
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
it was a cool thing to see the illiterates view of "the battle of the labyrinth" by rick riorden. but it did't allow much room for the reedier to connect with Percy, Also i was disipointed that we dint see much of colipso for that mater we don't see or here much of annabeth ether. so i prefer the origonal better.
Kathleen
I accidentally bought this thinking it was a new Rick Riordan book. I find that I'm not a big fan of graphic novels, as I don't need pictures and I find they get in the way of the story. I know people prefer them to "real" books, but I'm not one of them. It was fine as a synopsis of the actual book, since it's been ages since I read it. Now I just want to re-read and get the whole story.
Ben Howard
This is the best the art has ever been.

If I had never read the novels, I imagine I'd rate this higher. But as it stands as a raphic novel adaptation, I feel it's too short and fails to capture the plot and the the humour of the source material.
Mistu Shipper
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
It was a nice read, and I certainly had some noglasta, but the art is average and they cut a lot of things, including my favorite scenes. While I do realize some sacrifices need to be made, it does not disappoint me any less
Norma Baird
Enjoy these books

I like seeing instead of imagining. Of course some content is lost but the story is still good. I would have liked seeing Grover yell frightening all the enemy with the power of Pan. But I wanted to see how Pan was drawn. I enjoy these graphic novels.
The book 1 52 Jul 10, 2014 06:44PM

• The Serpent's Shadow: The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles, #3)
  • Other Worlds
  • Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Vol. 2
  • The Secret Journal of Ichabod Crane
  • Inuyasha, Volume 04 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • The Dark-Hunters: Infinity, Vol. 2 (Chronicles of Nick Manga #2)
  • Zarina and the Djinn (Once Upon a Spell, #5)
  • The Mortal Instruments: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2
  • The Last Kids on Earth and the Cosmic Beyond (Last Kids on Earth, #4)
  • Fruits Basket Collector's Edition, Vol. 5
  • Rose of the Oath: A Beauty and the Beast Novella (Legends of Light # 1)
  • Bless the Child
  • Disney at Last (Kingdom Keepers: The Return #3)
Robert Venditti is a New York Times best-selling author whose characters and concepts have been adapted to film and television. He has written the monthly comic book series X-O Manowar and Wrath of the Eternal Warrior for Valiant Entertainment, Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern, and The Flash for DC Comics, and the children’s novel series Miles Taylor and the Golden Cape for Simon & Schuster. His most recent projec ...more

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #3)
  • The Last Olympian: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson Book 5)
“I'm warning you! Don't make me use my pen!” 0 likes
“Getting something and having the wits to use it are two different things.” 0 likes