Start by marking “A Home for my Heart (Matters of the Heart #3)” as Want to Read:
A Home for my Heart (Matters of the Heart #3)

A Home for my Heart

(Matters of the Heart #3)

A home is where love resides.
It's a feeling, more than just a physical place.
It's an environment that offers security, truth and happiness. It's the heart of a family.
Sam Evans and Ashley Brookes both know what it's like to lose their homes... their families.
When a stranger from Sam's past makes an unwelcome and unexpected appearance shattering everything he's always beli
ebook, First Edition
Published December 10th 2015 (first published 2015)

To ask other readers questions about A Home for my Heart, please sign up.
Velvet Reed Hi there,

Due to personal reasons this year, the book has been very delayed…more
Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that the book will be released on December 10th.

Due to personal reasons this year, the book has been very delayed and I can assure you I'm very sad and disappointed with the delay myself.
I took a big break from all social media and the book world since April and I'm starting to get back into it now.

These are my social media links so you can start keeping up to date and see all the giveaways I have coming.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/VelvetReedAuthor

Instgram: https://instagram.com/velvet_reed/
Email: velvetreed@outlook.com

Velvet Reed

(less)

Start your review of A Home for my Heart (Matters of the Heart #3)
Marina Skinner
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another incredible book from Velvet! I am a huge fan of this series and this book did not disappoint! I absolutely loved it!!
You do need to read them in order, especially to understand who all the characters are!
Ashley & Sams story was without doubt amazing, full of relationship ups and downs, incredibly HOT and I also shed a few tears!
This book you will not want to put down. I have missed the whole gang from the first two books and it's really nice to see how things are going for them.
I have to
Annamaria
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Five Awesome Stars! Ashley has a of history meeting the wrong man so she is unsure there is a happily ever after. Sam is a doctor who practices OBGYN. Sam has some secrets in his closet that start to interfere in their relationship. Will their relationship be able to survive? This is the third book in the Matters of the Heart Series. Velvet again proved what a fantastic Author she is. This series is a must read!

I received this book as an ARC for an honest review. This book was read and reviewed
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received from author for an honest review

We have had a bit of a wait for this 3rd installment of Velvet Reed's Matters Of The Heart series, but A Home For My Heart is definitely worth the wait!

Sam "Vagina Man" and Ashley have been circling around each other for a while, but finally! At the end of Saving Our Hearts, they got their act together!

A Home For My Heart follows on from the events in Saving Our Hearts, and just like our lovelies, I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I started rea
Reviews from the Heart
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this author. She writes truly heartfelt romance novels. The depth of love the characters show for one another is so touching. Her books are what romance is about. Unconditional love is what this book, and all her books for that matter, are about. You could possibly read this as a stand alone but you really shouldn't. There is so much back story to Sam and Ashley that you really need to read the first two books to understand them better. I did enjoy the fact that Sam and Ashley ...more
DianaC-Bookaholic And
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
●▬▬▬▬๑۩ 5 STAR REVIEW ۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Matters of the Heart Series #3
Velvet Reed

The anticipation of Ashley and Sam's love story comes to an end. Their relationship between this two will take you to one helluva of emotional ride, you will be left with a huge smile on your face and a heart warming feeling for days to come.

The family keeps getting bigger and closer than ever. Since Gracie's accident and the birth of Cooper, Ashley and Sam's relationship, Allison's friendship stronger than
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Home for My Heart

Star Rating:
5 stars!

What the hell?
Seriously, that did not just happen?!?!?

Okay for starters, yay! Grace and Cole you two are amazing! Great wedding by the way it was truly romantic. Now the most gut wrenching and emotional part of this one, Sam and Ashley. Yes you heard it Dr. Sam Evans opens up in this one and it hurts oh god does it hurt! You will laugh, be smiling, but also you will feel dislike and hurt most of all in this one. To say that this book is my utmost favorit
Kristin ~ Book Lovers Obsession
Dr. Sam Evans and Ashley Brookes are friends of Grace Rivers and Dr. Cole Tierney. They are the godparents to their son, Cooper. They are undeniably attracted to each other.

Ashley Brookes has been left by everyone that was supposed to stay. Her parents left her and then her grandmother died. The only people that have stuck around are the Rivers family. She is terrified to give her heart to anyone because there is only so much left to give.

Dr. Sam Evans knows heartbreak. His parents died when h
Donna Porter
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ashley Brookes wants to believe in Happily ever after but she is not sure that it will exist for her. Sam Evans is a doctor at the local hospital and he is in the OBGYN department. He loves delivering babies. Save is also the brother of Ashley's best friend, Olivia found her happily ever after with Cole, Sam's best friend. They are planning their wedding. Olivia and Cole are very happy when Ashley and Sam start to date and seem like they are getting very close. Ashley knows she loves Sam but doe ...more
Megan
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sam and Ashley have had their fair share of heartbreak so attempting a relationship together was never going to be easy sailing, particularly when Sam had such a hard time expressing himself or even understanding his own heart.

"I've always refrained from displaying how I truly felt, but I'm learning that it's okay to show that I'm vulnerable ... even though I'm a man."

Tough on the outside, Sam has a world of hurt inside. He's never thought he was worthy of the type of love that Ash has to of
Kyra Lee
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Stacy Dow
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Having loved the first two books in this series and waited for this one to be released I was not let down this was a great read that will put you through an emotional rollercoaster.

If you have not read the first two books then I would suggest you do so as you will get a bit lost, as not only do we get Sam and Ashley's story we also get to catch up with the rest of the gang. Velvet wrote this in a way that when Sam found out some shocking truths about his past us as readers could understand how
Karen Alleyne
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've been waiting so long for Sam and Ashley's story. And to my satisfaction it was well worth the wait ! In this installment the spotlight was on the life and courtship of Sam and Ashley and the insecurities that was contributed by their pass hurts.. Again I love the way the author unravels their individual flaws in order to arrive and the happy ending.. Sam and Ashley's carried the equal passion, chemistry, Understanding and tenderness of the previous reads and that I so love about the series ...more
Sara
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by Violet Reed! This book really pulled at my heart strings for the struggles that both Ashley and Sam went through in their childhoods as well as what happened in their relationship. It really puts you in their shoes.
I loved that this book included other characters points of view! I loved getting a little sneak peek into Charlie and Allison's story! Can't wait to read their book!
Page Turners
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a much anticipated book! I am a HUGE fan of this series! From book one, I have fallen in love with this group of friends and family. And I have always felt like there was something special between "Vagina Man" Sam and "tough rocker" Ashley. Everybody's dream should be to find a perfect home for their heart. I cannot wait to find out more about the others in this lovely group of people. ...more
Tammy
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Home for my Heart

5 stars. This was a beautiful addition to the series, I absolutely recommend this book buy it you won't be disappointed. And can I say wow for the cliffhanger, definitely did not see that happening. OMG I t wait till the next book comes out.
Aideen Phelan
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant love it.
BookLover23
Jan 05, 2021 rated it liked it
Allyson
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! Velvet you captured my heart with this one. I couldn't put it down. I loved the first two books in this series BUT this one, this story was sensational. I really want me a Sam now. I need more Sam so give me more Sam!!!! ...more
Elaine Watling
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series by Velvet Reed. I’ve just reread the first two books in the series before reading this book. I love Reed’s writing style she makes you instantly fall in love with the characters and feel for them when something bad happens. In this third book in the series we follow the stories of Sam Evans and Ashley Brookes who we meet in earlier books. Sam being the best friend / brother to Cole and Ashley being best friends with Cole’s wife Grace. They look like they are a match ...more
Irene
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Received an ARC for an honest review

I rated it 4.5 stars because it was slow for me at first. I was so ready to dive in and see where Sam's and Ashley's relationship was going to go.
Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing their relationship build up. I was ready for action though. Action like with the other 2 books. Maybe some cat fights or something LOL!!

The book picked up after Sam had is little get a way. Saying that because he had to get away, he had to find himself. Dang Sam, I believe
Kim  Brewing
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
And we have a home run!!!

I was anxious to read Sam and Ashley's story. Sam in so emotionally stunted, I had to know how this was going to go. Little did I know he was going to break my heart with his actions.
The build up between these two has been great. The books starts off a little slow to give us the readers a chance to experience their relationship growing. The catalyst that happens in the rest of the story was a shock I didn't see coming. Absolutely loved this story! I cried reading the "l
Wendy Fisher
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's been a long year! But tonight's the night. Sam has been waiting for this night for over 6 months. No more back and forth with nasty comments. Ashley will be his tonight! But that's not all....we have a wedding to enjoy also! Cole and Grace decide to forgo the fancy wedding and bring their closest friends and family for a vacation wedding. Lots of fun in preparing and issues to work thru. All is good until Sam finds out his adoptive family has been keeping a secret. He is devastated by the t ...more
Tamara
3 stars

I was really looking forward to Sam and Ash's book, their story had been building in the background of the previous two books and I wanted to finally see them together and get their HEA.

However, I was a little disappointed. The first 35% of the book seemed like it was a continuation of Cole and Grace's story through the eyes of Sam and Ash. There were very few scenes with only Sam and Ash, and it seemed every time they did something Cole and/or Grace were there to steal the scene.
After t
Sairaika
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An intense, emotional and addicting read!

This is Sam and Ashley's story and, boy, was it so good! A journey filled with love, hurt and heartbreak but all the pain was worth it! Let me tell you: the author has a gift for writing and I'm so glad to have this chance to read this books, I have fallen in love with these characters, their family, their values and their love.

I loved getting a glimpse into Charlie's point of view. Cannot wait for his book!

Sam and Ashley's journey of finding each other
Kasey
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG I loved this book. If you are looking for a great ugly cry, this is the book. I did a few times. Velvet brought out the feels in me. Had me crying, smiling and laughing through this book. Even a couple of panty changes required.
I adore Ashley's attitude. We can all related to the heart break she experiences, in some ways, and the way Velvet words it all, has you feeling for her. Not just wish her.
Sam is just a sweet heart that you want to love and kick his arse at the same time.
A certain man
Penny Lisle
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The last book of the series (so far) was fantastic!!!! Apart from the cliff hanger, I really enjoyed this book and the previous ones. Cole and Gracie, Sam and Ashley, Charlie and Allison, Tanner what a whirl wind (and the other characters)!!! This series is so family orientated, full of love, hurt and trust. I'm hoping for a book 4!!!!
Awesome work Velvet!!
OKbook Hoarder
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing

I absolutely love this series. Sam and Ashley's story is just as great as Grace and Cole's. Can't wait to read the rest of this series
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good

I feel like a part of the family! Another great book in this series. I am not one for spoilers,but let me say I am left hanging again and anxiously waiting for next book.
Tarn
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As amazing as the previous 2 books!!!
Sam
Apr 24, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Wild in Love (The Maverick Billionaires, #5)
  • Runaway Road (Runaway, #1)
  • One Night Stand (O'Gallagher Nights #1, Love In All Places #2)
  • Build (Burns Brothers, #1)
  • Wrecked
  • Countdown: Grayson
  • Scent of Love (Beach Read Book 3)
  • Sky High Love (Friends & Brothers #1)
  • Lovers at Heart
  • I Only Have Eyes for You (San Francisco Sullivans, #4; The Sullivans, #4)
  • Love So Irresistible (The Lawson Brothers, #3)
  • Borrowing Amor (Borrowing Amor, #1)
  • Snow Angel (Hope Falls, #5)
  • Nurse's Date with a Billionaire (Billionaire Date, #1)
  • Love So True (The Lawson Brothers, #2)
  • Countdown: Ethan (Countdown #2)
  • Dream With Me (The O'Callaghans, #1; With Me In Seattle, #13)
  • Undone by Deceit (Undone Series Book 1)

Matters of the Heart (5 books)
  • The Rhythm of my Heart (Matters of the Heart, #1)
  • Saving Our Hearts (Matters of the Heart, #2)
  • Fighting for my Heart (Matters of the Heart #4)
  • Surrendering my Heart (Matters of the Heart #5)

News & Interviews