Start by marking “Woman Up!: Overcome the 7 Deadly Sins That Sabotage Your Success” as Want to Read:
Woman Up!: Overcome the 7 Deadly Sins That Sabotage Your Success

Woman Up!: Overcome the 7 Deadly Sins That Sabotage Your Success

Woman UP! is the go-to resource for women who want to finally get out of their own way and get ahead in their careers. Author Aimee Cohen s passionate approach is like combining your best girlfriend and an elite career expert in a powerful purse-sized package! Her insights are a product of more than 20 years of experience and a nearly 100% success rate helping hundreds of ...more
Hardcover
Published June 24th 2014 by Morgan James Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Woman Up!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woman Up!

Trisa (Absolute Bookishness)
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received a free copy of Woman Up!: Overcome the 7 Deadly Sins That Sabotage Your Success through Goodreads First Reads.

Woman Up! is a quick and easy read that offers a lot of practical wisdom women (and even men) can use to improve their chances of landing a job and getting promoted. So, what are the seven deadly sins that commonly sabotage the success of most women? Cohen refers to them as follows:
1. Kindness Conundrum
2. Competency Curse
3. Perfectionism Prison
4. Affirmation Addiction
Katie
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received a signed copy of this book from a goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. And I honestly think it is amazing.

Woman UP! is a quick and helpful read, written in an engaging voice that feels less like reading and more like a conversation. Cohen has years of experience in both public speaking and one-on-one consultations about business help, and she uses that experience to make the book more engaging.

Cohen writes a list of what she believes are the seven deadly sins of busine
Kendall Daley
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was a first reads winner for this book and I was so happy to receive this book!! It is so motivational and inspiring. I am currently a full time student working part time at a job whose function is only to give me some cash. This book really helped me for my future career! Hopefully I can use what I have learned reading this book to help me be successful in my future career!
Megan Bernat
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read on re-evaluating your professional habits.
Janelle Colon
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Advice

Book contains valuable advice for women both newly entering the workforce as well as those already well established. Appreciated the multiple viewpoints, both from clients and the author, and their direct application into a multitude of scenarios in the office. Enjoyed the confidence boosting content, and am looking forward towards implementing what I've learned.
stephanie ann rosendorf
Good book and easy read

I wouldn't say that this book is life changing, but it is a nice refresher and guide for those of us, particularly in male-dominated industries, who want to project our full worth and achieve all of our goals.
Jackie
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This is an excellent book to help anyone stop self-sabotaging behavior. It's in an easy to read format and keeps you engaged with stories of women who have made these "7 deadly sins" in their professional career. If you are looking to make changes to reach your full potential this book is for you.
Jamie Christensen
Sep 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: business
The quotes were the best part of this book -- and the opening quote will stick with me always -- "There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women" -- Madeline Albright. Quick read, and something I would recommend at least skimming.
Morag Barrett
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book and recognized several of the deadly sins as being mine! I would recommend this to others, Aimee includes practical suggestions for overcoming each of the 7 deadly sins. I'll be applying several of them in the coming weeks!
Mimi
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Super smart advice, she nails it on the head! Just wish I had known this earlier, but better now than never.
p.s. I've met Aimee in person, and seen her lead career decision classes. She's simply amazing!
Jana
Jun 16, 2014 rated it liked it
An easy read with some practical suggestions.
Adam Cohen
Apr 03, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Miss Manners Minds Your Business
  • Interpersonal Conflict
  • Overcoming Fake Talk: How to Hold Real Conversations That Create Respect, Build Relationships, and Get Results
  • Leadership: Research Findings, Practice, and Skills
  • Leading Up: How to Lead Your Boss So You Both Win
  • Like My Mother Always Said...: Wise Words, Witty Warnings, and Odd Advice We Never Forget
  • Divine Alignment: How GodWink Moments Guide Your Journey
  • Greater Than Yourself: The Ultimate Lesson of True Leadership
  • Shine: Using Brain Science to Get the Best from Your People
  • Think Better: An Innovator's Guide to Productive Thinking
  • Uncommon Service: How to Win by Putting Customers at the Core of Your Business
  • Accelerate: Building Strategic Agility for a Faster-Moving World
  • Freedom from Bosses Forever
  • Be All You Can Be
  • The Spirit of Kaizen: Creating Lasting Excellence One Small Step at a Time
  • The Well-Spoken Woman: Your Guide to Looking and Sounding Your Best
  • Brief: Make a Bigger Impact by Saying Less
  • Wealth & Wisdom: Timeless Quotations and Comments About Money and Investing
Aimee Cohen (1968- ) was born in New York City and grew up in Evanston, Illinois. She attended Boston University, graduated from the University of Michigan, lived in Spain, and has traveled extensively throughout Europe and the Middle East. She started Cohen Career Consulting in 1998, is a contributing writer for the Denver Business Journal (DBJ), and has appeared as a career and women's issues ex ...more
“Saying sorry too much is an anchor on your upward mobility.” 3 likes