Start by marking “Sovereign: The Offering (Antius Ascending Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sovereign: The Offering (Antius Ascending Series, #2)

Sovereign: The Offering

(Antius Ascending Series #2)

Consumed by guilt from a war she started, Cori faces the aftermath of her destruction. The Mercy colony is in shambles as infection spreads and Dylan struggles to find a cure before it's too late. Cori's love and loyalties are put to the test when he asks her for the unthinkable. Now faced with impossible decisions, Cori must risk her friends and everything she's ever care ...more
Published April 6th 2014 by Createspace (first published March 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Sovereign, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sovereign

Jen is a book hoarder
5 Stars

This was a great book! I got teary eyed, I laughed, I was torn, I was on a rollercoaster. Amazing!!

Cheer Papworth
Perhaps the best gift an author can give readers is a sequel that supersedes every literary expectation and yet answers all of our burning questions. E.R. Arroyo did not disappoint with her heart racing sequel to Sovereign, The Offering. I absolutely loved Sovereign and I was dying to find out how Cori dealt with life outside of Antius once she was finally free of the tyrannical Nathan. Even more pressing on every anticipatory nerve I possess was my desire to discover if Tyce would reemerge to c ...more
Kelli
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 (See my review for both on Book 1)
Casey Hays
The Offering is the second book in the Sovereign series. It continues Cori Cole's fight against the powers of the militant city of Antius, which was severely crippled by Cori's escape and subsequent attack to rescue the rest of the civilians. In The Offering we are reintroduced with greater depth to another aspect of Arroyo's dystopian world: The City, where Cori spends a majority of the first half of the book.

Overall, I did enjoy the premise of this book. It has a fairly solid plot with the e
Marni
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank the author for providing me with a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review. Doing so does not sway my judgment in any way.

In Sovereign, I instantly felt a bond with Cori. A wild child who wanted nothing more than to be free of rules and ended up being stuck in exactly the position she didn’t want to be in and even earlier than imaged. Her energy, love of hijinks, and hate of all things confining made her one to look up to. I feared that the next book wouldn’t le
Stephani
I really thought I was prepared for this book. After reading the first book I didn’t think The offering would tear my heart into pieces. I knew it was gonna get intense but I didn’t think it was gonna be more intense and heart breaking. Lets just say there is a scene that had me in tears. well there was many scenes that had me in tears but this one certain one really turned me into an emotional wreak.

And let me talk about character development! In the first book I didn’t feel that much connectio
April Steenburgh
Cori is free. She is free of Antius, where she had been raised and keep as a medical oddity and resource. She is free of all the experimentation and oppression. She is free to get to know Dylan. She is free to finally starting sorting out just who she is. If only everything else would stop getting in the way.

The Antius citizens they managed to liberate are suffering from infection and a particular sort of withdrawal, keeping Mercy colony from dispersing before Antius can retaliate. The proposed
Savannah Rohleder
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cori’s life took a turn after escaping Antius and rescuing some of those left behind. Disease spreads through the survivors and they take their anger out on Cori for those dead and sick. Her boyfriend asks her for the impossible and she runs to The City (the city in ruins that is near the colony, Mercy) to escape. But Antius isn’t ready to stop causing problems for Cori.

Oh my. I don’t even know where to begin with this book. It was so intense! I could not put this book down for anything and it w
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)
While I certainly enjoyed Sovereign quite a bit, The Offering simply blew me away. First, I need to explain that for me to have a book be a complete five-star, it must do three things: (The obvious) be a great book,make me feel some strong emotions, and be hard to get my mind off of. I finished The Offering on Sunday, and teared up in the car about it today. So yeah, it applies. While reading, I laughed, I definitely cried, and I actually outright gasped while reading, and I truly cannot remembe ...more
Levian
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
after escaping the colony, Cori survived the wilderness with Dylan’s help and knowledge. she was pursued by the colony’s armies, which in returned attracted the Savages’ attention. the Saveges easily destroyed the small army and forcefully brought Cori and Dylan back to their hideout. with an army sent to retrieve the duo, the Savages were certain that there must be something valuable about the duo. Cori managed to gain the trust of their leader, Tyce, and they continued their journey, reaching ...more
Allen Longstreet
Angie Taylor
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved how this book ended. For me it was very satisfying even though everyone did not live happily ever after. I find that with dystopian books I can't expect everything to be perfect in the end because that's not the kind of story I'm reading.
Compared to Sovereign, I had a harder time emotionally connecting to Cori. She was really distant, and I sometimes didn't understand why she did what she did. She was confusing. But I think she was true to character for having just lost someone to war. I
Jaime
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is a beautifully written book, which stands strong beside its predecessor, which we all know can be very hard to achieve. Cori is still as strong and confident going into book 2, but i do find her being a little naive when it comes to Dylan. He is stroppy and slightly controlling and has some wicked mood swings. I felt sometimes that he was too aggressive with her when he was in fact trying to be caring.

The flow of this book
Jenna
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-favorites
I received a copy for an honest review

Cori has paid a high price for the rescue mission and now her heart is broken and she and Dylan are fighting.
Cori goes back to the city looking for Tyce, but he comes back wounded without his little girl. Cori makes a friend in Eli who is such a sweet boy. She likes living in the City with the boys and especially the meat hunting and they way they take care of each other.
After a month Dylan comes looking for her and asks her the impossible.

Cori is torn bet
Chantel
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really thought The Offering was even better than Sovereign! I have a love/hate relationship with love triangles such as the one in this novel. There's a similar situation in The Razorland Trilogy too, and I think there is only one resolution to solve it, and it breaks my heart!
So even though I gave this five stars, it still has me asking questions that I felt were never resolved. For example, Cornelius! Where did he stand and what kind of man was he? What was his involvement in the rescue/abd
May
Mar 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so, I had a feeling the love triangle between Dylan, Cori, and Tyce was going to be up front in this book, and yup… it was (Love triangles…. aahhhhh :). However, normally, once the heroine makes up her mind, her heart is set, but for some reason, with this love triangle it felt like it almost took half the book to resolve (And, even then, it was iffy if Cori had really made up her mind by the thoughts she kept having for both guys… noooooo. Dylan!). But after that, the second part of Cori’ ...more
Cheree Castellanos Edits
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There are books that we read that leave us changed. They become a part of us and the characters are family and we love and cherish them and hurt and feel with and for them. This is one of those books. This series is one of those series. One where you have to buy it because you always want to have it close and on your shelf!
After everything Cori and all the characters went through in The Sovereign, people were mourning and trying to figure out why the sick weren't getting better. The City had se
Cristie Alleman
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this Awesome book!!

To say I loved reading it is an Understatement!!

Author E.R. Arroyo is an AMAZING writer!! She keeps you glued to the pages awaiting the next twist or turn in this series. I can honestly say I she has gained a True Fan.

Sovereign was amazing and I couldn't imagine The Offering topping it but it did. This book will keep you enthralled and your emotions on high alert!!

The cast of characters in this book were great I especially loved how Eli and Cori became
Fiona Wilson
I really enjoyed book 1, Sovereign, and was not disappointed in book 2.

In this book Cori has a lot to deal with. She has the ongoing fallout from the attack she instigated on her former colony. She also discovers exactly what is so special about her. But finding that out is just the tip of the iceberg. When she finds out the extent of the betrayal, she quickly realises her life has been one long lie.

She has a long road ahead of her as she tries to regain control of her life. Unfortunately that d
Debbie
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It doesn't happen often that the second book is better than the first, but that's what I think about The Offering. This book has more depth and scope than the first part of the story. The cast of characters expanded, and the main characters are well developed. I liked Cori a lot better in this book. She makes mistakes and second guesses her choices some of the time, which makes her a more realistic and likable character. I thought all of the characters based in the City were considerably more in ...more
Joood Hooligan
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

In a lot of ways, I liked this one more than the first. I already knew a lot of the characters, so it was easier to dive into the story without having to have them explained to me.

Cori is the type of female lead I like to see in books, especially YA. She is less focused on a love interest, although that is in here, and more her goals. She has a healthy and realistic balance.

I definitely enjoyed the characters from T
A.M. Martin
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First thing first is that this book is better than it's counter part. I'm so mad a Cori for not being with Tryce. That just made me so mad. I love love him. Just something about him. Thought he was better suited for Cori than Dylan. I mad at what tryce did at the end, even though i understand i thought he lost enough through the both book it should of been some one else. There's more action in this one and i love Cori's time with the City boys. and the romance drama. love it.
Would i recommended
Twin Opinions
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is the second book in the series and I have to say that I enjoyed it better than the first. I loved the first so that is saying something. It has been read a YA so this book was the perfect book to jump back into the genre.

Cori is a strong female lead with responsibility that would be tough for anyone. She is a great character that all readers will love. This book does have a love triangle which I feel is often over used but seems to make this story work out great. I liked the idea of
Nancy
Nov 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-epub, my-ebooks
This is the second book in the Sovereign series. The book picks up right where the first book left off with Cori and Dylan dealing with the aftermath of the battle with Antium. Overall, I liked the book. Interesting information about Cori's past is revealed. I liked learning more about the people living in The City. I thought the ending worked for this story and I really liked the epilogue and the POV it was written from. I think if you liked the first book, then you will like the second book. I ...more
Andrea: BookStoreFinds
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A lot of times with a series, the second book isn't as good as book 1. The Offering is not like that!

The offering picks up after book 1 with Cori and Dylan having escaped Antius and Nathan. But Cori isn't done. She vows to bring Nathan and Antius down and rescue all the innocent people still under Nathan's thumb.

This book is action packed and has quite the twist! A few times my breath was stopped and my jaw was hanging open!

Such a great second book. I really enjoyed this book! Can't wait for
Brea Behn
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*Spoilers* The Offering is a great sequel to book one, Sovereign. It tied up many loose ends, while bringing more excitement and adventures for each character. A few parts left me wanting to shake Cori for being so naïve! But I am sure that is true of a lot of teenagers. Especially with all she goes through. The ending bummed me out. I enjoy love triangles and was sad to see it end so finally, but that is just me and it did not take away any enjoyment for the book overall.
Carol
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly an emotional rollercoaster! I could not put this book down no matter quantity of sleep it meant I would miss out on. It is difficult to find the words to review this one because I don't want to throw in spoilers. I will say that it has been years since a book has owned my emotions to the point of yelling at the pages.... or the Kindle in this case. Well done, E.R. Arroyo, and thank you for sharing your talent with the world!
Katy
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome. E.R. really knows how to include you in her characters' lives. I felt all the pain Cori felt and her happiness too. However, I understand why the ending had to happen, but I would've had it happen the other way around (no spoilers, but if you read it you'll know what I mean). Unrelated, my favorite character was Tyce. He really seems to get Cori and is great with a knife. What a man. ;)
Katy
Dec 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now I Need the Next One

Michelle McPherson
Sovereign: The Offering BK 2

I loved the book. Although I feel like this was an ending and that the 'series' is now over, which is disappointing. I had expected more stories and hopefully we may get a spin off. The characters are intriguing and the depth of them leaves you wanting more, I will miss them.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Red River (Tent City #2)
  • Breeder (Arrow's Flight, #1)
  • The Wall (The Woodlands, #2)
  • Fury (The Cure, #1)
  • Bound (The Guardians, #1)
  • Harvester (Harvester of Light, #1)
  • New World Order (Sunset Rising, #3)
  • Love and Decay, Episode Eight (Love and Decay, #8)
  • ARV-3 (The After Light Saga, #1)
  • The Earth Dwellers (The Dwellers #4; Country Saga #4 )
  • Counting Shadows (Duplicity, #1)
  • After the Fear
  • Breeder (Breeder, #1)
  • The Believers (Breeders, #2)
  • Dare to Bleed (Emily Sullivan, #1)
E.R. Arroyo is the author of YA dystopian series, Antius Ascending, and co-founder/owner of Band of Dystopian Authors and Fans, a Facebook community, blog, and company that champions dystopian, apocalyptic, and post-apocalyptic fiction. E.R. is passionate about books, music, and her family, and she loves to talk shop with other authors and with her readers.

Antius Ascending Series (2 books)
  • Sovereign (Antius Ascending Series, #1)
“Where does it hurt?'
'Inside out, doll. And all the way through.”
5 likes