Start by marking “Ke Sarang Penyelundup (Lima Sekawan, #4)” as Want to Read:
Ke Sarang Penyelundup (Lima Sekawan, #4)

Ke Sarang Penyelundup (The Famous Five #4)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  12,997 Ratings  ·  219 Reviews
Petualangan KEEMPAT mereka yang seru dan mengasyikkan!

Benarkah masih ada penyelundup di sarang penyelundup? Lima sekawan pergi berlibur di sebuah rumah tua dan menemukan tempat-tempat persembunyian rahasia serta lorong-lorong bawah tanah! Mereka juga melihat beberapa orang mengirimkan sinyal-sinyal rahasia ke laut...

Siapakah para penyelundup ini sebenarnya?
Published 1997 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1942)

To ask other readers questions about Ke Sarang Penyelundup, please sign up.
Aude No, you have to borrow it or purchase it elsewhere. This site is for reviewing only.

Archit Ojha
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-we-own
These famous five books give me nostalgia!

Mark Lawrence
In this one the children are evicted from Kirrin Cottage (3 of them just visiting anyway) by a falling tree and Uncle Quentin packs them off to stay with a fellow scientist who (because in Blyton's imagination all scientists are rich (with the sole exception of Quentin himself in book 1 ... until all the gold) lives in a huge house riddled with secret tunnels that lead into a wide cave system.

Caves and tunnels are a staple of this series. Few, if any, of the 23 books don't go underground or thr
Namratha
Jun 14, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure
One of the few Famous Fives where the wondrous meals took a back-seat! Smuggler’s Top however, atop the mist-shrouded Castaway Hill more than made up for the absence of 'lashings' of delicious food.

The adventure starts off with the Five heading off to Kirrin for another glorious vacation. But a terrible gale puts a damper in plans. It uproots a massive ash tree that crashes on to Kirrin Cottage. Four active kids, an excitable dog, a house badly in need of repairs and an irritable Uncle Quentin.
Red Panda
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kirsti
Nov 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Five go to smuggler's top" was actually one of the last Five books I read, even though it is number 4 in the series. It was hard to find a copy originally, and I had to make do with a more modern publication than some of the others I own.

What starts off as a lovely easter holidays at Kirrin soon turns into adventure, with a large tree hitting the house making it impossible for the children to stay there. They are packed off to stay with a friend of Uncle Quentin's, and his son, a boy Julian and
Antonio Ceté
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hay una casa en medio de un pantano, un contrabandista vocacional y un perro que da la pata como un humano. No había leído nada de Los cinco, y estoy contentísimo de haber empezado.
Jean
I loved the "Famous Five" books when I was a child. Now I have a very different view.

First of all let me say they are great as adventure stories. They describe kids having an active outdoor life - and generally getting mixed up in something exciting. This sounds just like the sort of books we should be encouraging children (who nowadays are potential couch/computer potatoes) to read. And generally I would encourage all types of reading - comics, interactive books, whatever. But since there is su
Irma
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
... reading with my 9 year old daughter...

I've read all these books way back when I was a child and I've read them numerous times. I thought it was time to show them to her.

I was right! She loved this book so much that we're starting with a new one tonight. In her own words - she's addicted :)
Shirley Revill
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nostalgia at it's best. Brilliant stories.
Jenny George
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-and-have
5 stars
Adventures always come to the Adventurous-Enid Blyton The quote from this book sums up the whole series!

(view spoiler)

I was thrilled the whole book and Ms.
Wesley Possible
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four children and their dog have gone to stay with their Uncle’s friend, only to discover mysterious goings on during their stay. A flashing light in the middle of the night leads them on an adventure to pursue a group of smuggler’s in the area, an adventure which deepens with the disappearances of their Uncle and their close friend. With unsuspecting twists, the children investigate the goings on and get to the bottom of this thrilling encounter.

The highlights of this book was the unexpected tw
Habibah
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another trip into my childhood :) and I enjoyed every minute of it. The five are staying in an old house where the discover secret passages and underground tunnels (a must for children 8 years plus). Are there really smugglers at Smugglers Top? Who's behind the signalling, the kidnapping and all the weird goings on?

In a town which is cut off from the rest of the world, the Famous five must go on a spooky adventure to solve the mystery of smugglers top.
This book can be used I the classroom for g
Chloe Devenish
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a good book. I liked it because there is so much adventure. I like the way Timmy always stays on guard no matter what happens. Even though he is separated from Georgina, (George) he still helps Uncle Quentin as though he is his Master.
Sylvester
This was a dramatized audiobook, short and enjoyable, even for an adult - or at least an immature one, as in my case. As a kid, I would've loved it. Lots of unsupervised adventure - what kid doesn't like that?
Dani Noviandi
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kali ini liburan paskah. Lima sekawan kembali berlibur di Kirrin untuk menyambut petualangan mereka berikutnya, setelah tiga petualngan sebelumnya yang sangat mendebarkan. Saat itu musim semi, di Kirrin angin berhembus sangat kencangnya, sehingga liburan anak-anak kacau balau. Penyebab liburan mereka berantakan ialah adanya pohon tumbang yang menimpa rumah George! Kamar anak-anak berantakan, mereka pun hampir menjadi korban, terbayang sudah liburan mereka yang gagal dan mereka pun terancam untuk ...more
V. Briceland
Things get off to a cold and windy start in this fourth installment of the Famous Five series, as the four chums (plus Timmy!) arrive in the country for holls only to discover that Kirrin Cottage is not only cold, but battered by wind! "It's awfully cold!" opines sweet Anne, "and windy!" Anne, of course, will make a man a good little housewife some day. "It's the wind," says Aunt Fanny, who is already a good little housewife, "making it cold!" Julian, however, who is a tall, strong boy with tall ...more
^
Smugglers, trusting parents, tunnels, baddies with appropriate names such as ‘Block’… this is what childhood is all about. For an adult this is hardly demanding reading; but it does bring back happy childhood memories of the picnics we ate (an awful lot of hard-boiled eggs … which nowadays might be viewed as a cholesterol risk!) and the games of adventure and tremendous imagination we used to play outdoors after reading books such as those in the Famous Five series. I don’t care how good compute ...more
Nikki
Aha! The first adventure away from Kirrin. By now the "George is/could be separated from Timmy" plot is getting a little old, as is the Timmy-ex-machina. It's fun story if you haven't read the others recently, I suppose, and there's more secret passageways and Uncle Quentin getting into trouble... It's more of the same, of course: nostalgia for the simplicity of childhood, plus children knowing better than adults, plus mysteries and secret passageways and at the end a friendly policeman coming a ...more
Sunshine
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: narrated-by-paul
Wow, what an adventure! Goodness, when Five Go To Smugglers Top they really go to Smugglers Top! The usual gang plus plenty of new friends and some jolly awful wrong 'uns! I had this book read to me...with all the glorious voices!!!
Thomas
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The famous five are once again in the middle of an action packed adventure. Old tunnels and secret staircases maybe a good play area but it is also a good hideaway for smugglers....
Emily Read
Really needed the comfort of childhood and this was the perfect fit. Such a lovely story and reading it feels very much like a warm bath after a long day.
Les Wilson
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Fancied a touch of nostalgia and wasn't disappointed. Still enjoyed it 60+ years on.
Bartolomeu De Bensafrim
festa.

o mal
descende sobre os cinco -
como uma manta sobre alguém
que treme enregelado
nas ruínas indolentes do seu próprio lar.

o palco etílico
fugaz mas magnânime
está montado.
o pudor e a moral saíram
e os lugares vazios são preenchidos
pela ausência de lucidez
pela instintiva ânsia da carne
pelo berro
ensurdecedor
incessante
do ego.

Dick mexe nos botões
de brilho e contraste
da sua própria filha -
o gin diz-lhe que o incesto
apenas se aplica entre humanos.

Georgina
apenas se segura em pé
porque a sua vulva quer
Andy Hickman
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Five Go to Smuggler's Top (The Famous Five #4)” by Enid Blyton

Another enthralling tale of the five adventurers. This time accompanied by the likable Sooty. Adults continue to be blinded to the sinister intent of the 'baddies'. ****

Quotes & Definitions:

“It’s the ash! It’s falling!” yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits.
“Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!” yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

* affable (p46) = showing warmth and friendliness.

“Anyone list
Nicola
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, adventure
"They spend Easter vacation at Mr. Lenoir's sinister house Smuggler's Top. Set high above an eerie marsh, the house is honeycombed with hidden staircases and tunnels that once served as a hideaway for smugglers. "

I absolutely adored Famous Five as a child. I trawled through secondhand stores and slowly acquired all of them. For some reason in my childhood, there were lots of British books and comics widely available and back then they were sold for the mighty sum of 10 cents. Seems funny now whe
Sri
May 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lima sekawan mendapat musibah ketika mereka baru saja tiba di Pondok Kirin untuk melewatkan masa liburan. Pondok Kirin tertimpa pohon besar karena badai yang ganas. Akibatnya Pondok Kirin harus mereka tinggalkan karena harus diperbaiki dulu. Untung saja mereka tidak dikembalikan ke sekolah, melainkan disuruh menginap di rumah teman Dick yaitu Pierre Lenoir yang lebih akrab dipanggil Hangus.
Rumah Hangus disebut Sarang Penyelundup karena terletak di puncak bukit yang dikelilingi rawa berbahaya yan
Farseer
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rebecca
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The first FF book I ever read, this is a nice addition to the series but is quite long winded and once again hangs on lack of communication between characters for the plot to work....Timmy can't go, gets smuggled in anyway, gets locked in a secret tunnel, somehow still saves the day and THEN Mr Lenoir says, "oh, if you'd just told me, I'd have sorted it out..." - once again, Uncle Quintin was at fault for a) letting a tree fall on Kirrin Cottage and b) not asking these vital details when he sort ...more
Natalie
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, adventure
Another one in the series that I really enjoyed reading! c:

As always, Enid Blyton's novels are really wholesome and enjoyable while being something you can enjoy at any age - whether you're a child reading it for the first time or an adult re-reading to reminisce your childhood. Would highly recommend this - and the rest of the series - to anyone, regardless of their age or interests, but especially for children.
Alexandria Blaelock
The children's Easter holiday at Kirrin Cottage is cut short when a tree falls on the house, and they are sent to stay with the Lenoir family at Smuggler's Top while the repairs are made. There they get tied up with another (view spoiler), this time by (view spoiler)! Thank goodness Timmy is there to save the day.
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • Lima Sekawan: Menaklukkan Agen Rahasia (2)
  • The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3)
  • Uma Aventura no Deserto
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
  • The Secret of the Crooked Cat (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #13)
Enid Mary Blyton (1897 - 1968) was an English author of children's books.

Born in South London, Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 192
More about Enid Blyton

The Famous Five (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1)
  • Five Go Adventuring Again (Famous Five, #2)
  • Five Run Away Together (Famous Five, #3)
  • Five Go Off in a Caravan (Famous Five, #5)
  • Five on Kirrin Island Again (Famous Five, #6)
  • Five Go Off to Camp (Famous Five, #7)
  • Five Get Into Trouble (Famous Five, #8)
  • Five Fall Into Adventure (Famous Five, #9)
  • Five on a Hike Together (Famous Five, #10)
  • Five Have a Wonderful Time (Famous Five, #11)
“Adventures always come to the adventurous, there's no doubt about that!” 2 likes
“Mum” 0 likes