Start by marking “Portals” as Want to Read:
Portals

Portals

No matter what world you call home, and what your station in life, there are just some paths that weren't meant to be tread.

Maronda’s Quest by Christy Thomas

Blurb: The Grand Wizard has decreed Maronda enter the Portal of Life to embark upon a quest of great importance, but despite her Ma’s claims it is a blessing, premonitions of danger persist.
Lenox works to prove his wor
Published June 5th 2014 by Roane Publishing (first published June 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Portals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Portals

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
3.5 Stars

I originally agreed to read this because one of the author's approached me asking if I would be willing to review her story as well as the others inside. As most of you know, fantasy can be so hit and miss with me. I have a complete love hate relationship with it. If it isn't done right I get so lost and frustrated with the world and story that I end up grudgingly pushing through it and then regret I ever tried it.

If done right and well, then of course I devour it and can't stop talking
Veronica ⭐️
Jun 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, fantasy, rp
Six short stories, each featuring a portal and its purpose!
Maronda’s Quest: Maronda must go on her portal quest on her 18th birthday as her mother did before her. Her mother believes it is so Maronda can find her true love.
However the wizard has a more important quest in mind for Maronda. Great twist at the end.

Entrance of lost souls: Gladys’ job is to guard the portal that connects the faerie world and the human world. This job can be fraught with danger. This was my favourite of the stories an
Laura Thomas
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love reading an anthology, especially one with a theme.

In Portals you get five authors spinning their own tales about a portal.

Ordinary World

Amy Silva has a new neighbor. Ozzie dresses like a nerd but that’s not why he gives her the creeps. She senses evil.

When she tries to explain her feelings to her best friend Remy, he warns her to be careful what she says. People will think she’s a witch.

When Remy starts avoiding her, Amy is left alone to unravel the mystery of her new neighbor.

For such a
Sherry Fundin

Each story allows you to enter a portal and travel to other dimensions, other worlds. There are dragons, legends and quests, and magical creatures abound. Even though they were all about portals, doorways to other worlds, they all had unique individuals with stories of their very own. I enjoyed each and every story. It amazes me that so much fun, suspense and tension can be created in short stories such as these. As I came to the end of each one, I felt a little let down. I wanted the stories to
Ruth B
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, anthology, fantasy
Portals is a great fantasy anthology that takes us to magical, extraordinary, complete and vivid worlds. From lands with dragons, evil and crazy queens to saving the worlds and finding true love, these stories have different styles but are equally remarkable.

It would be boring and really long to review each one of the stories. However, the authors deserve to have some recognition for their work. So, here it comes, a mini review of each work.

In Maronda’s Quest by Christy Thomas we witness how a g
Chanzie
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Chanzie by: Roane Publishing
1 - Maronda’s Quest by Christy Thomas

Lenox works to prove his worth to wed her, his true love, but it appears a wizard plots to remove him from Maronda’s life forever. To secure their future together, Lenox decides to accompany her on the quest, even if forbidden. He must ultimately choose between using his dragon f
Joyce Deanell
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Enjoy all of the stories very much!
Anna Salamatin
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Six Stories put together by Six Authors make up these absolutely amazing tales. So sit back and get ready for the journey of a lifetime........It all begins with, "Maronda's Quest" by, Christy Thomas....Maronda and her best friend Lenox had been training to fight with swords, dagger and bodily skills, as all the village children, since before they could walk. Soon she would be 18 years old and it will be her turn to step through the Portal of Life and begin her quest to meet her husband to be. T ...more
Michelle
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I took a chance and I didn't regret it. Normally a book without promise of romance isn't my thing, but I found myself pouring over each of these stories. I think everyone has their favorites in an anthology, but I give each author a job well done. I think each author did a great job of making the portal whimsical and unique. You can step through a portal to a land where dragons are the key to survival, another takes you on a journey to change your fate, and even a trip to a nasty portal into a l ...more
The Talent Cave Reviews
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Title: Portals
Author: Multiple (Anthology)
Publisher: Roane Publishing
Genre: Fantasy, Epic Fantasy, Sword and Sorcery, Urban Fantasy, Steampunk, Short Stories
Reviewed by Brandi

4.5 Stars – Recommended Read

There are six stories by six authors which make up the tales in this paranormal/fantasy anthology. I enjoyed reading this book, and can't go into the details of each story. One. I hate giving too much away. And, two. This would be a really long review.

For more go to: http://thetalentcavereviews.
Alexia561
Jun 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, anthology, ebook, fantasy

Maronda’s Quest by Christy Thomas
Maronda's family has been blessed by guarding the Portal of Life. They enter the portal when they come of age and find their true love. Despite her Ma's assurances, Maronda is worried that her quest will be different and quite possibly dangerous. She never imagined that Lenox would follow her.

This was a good choice for the first story, as I enjoyed getting to know Maronda and admired her determination to train with the men and be independent. Her childhood friend
Dianne
May 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
Enter to win an eCopy of LIGHT A CANDLE FOR THE BEAST
International where allowed - Click on Banner to enter!
Kristin Dutt
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a good fantasy anthology so I was thrilled to get a paperback of this. I just love the cover. I'm starting to really enjoy anthologies and their short stories to get a taste of each other's style of writing. Each other had very different stories. Easily a YA book that almost any age can enjoy. Each story for sure kept me entertained and I'll be looking to see the author's other works of some of the stories in Portals I really enjoyed.

Highly recommend to the YA Fantasy group or even just t
Rebecca McNutt
Portals is a stellar fantasy anthology, a collection of numerous original stories each one different from the next, each one taking place in a different time and different and complex, creative world.
Anna Simpson
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Echo Shea
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Mike
Sep 07, 2014
Breeze
Nov 23, 2018
Havva Murat
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lynne Cunningham