Start by marking “The Intern, Volume 1 (The Intern, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Intern, Volume 1 (The Intern, #1)

The Intern, Volume 1

(The Intern #1)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  5,323 Ratings  ·  471 Reviews
She’s sexy, fierce, and a loud-mouthed know-it-all…and she’s completely off limits.

Cecilia isn’t your typical college student. Hell, she isn’t a college student at all, but that doesn’t stop her from applying for one of the biggest and prestigious enterprises in the Midwest.

She wants it. She takes it.
She doesn’t let anything get in her way when it comes to finding out the
Published May 28th 2014 (first published May 27th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Intern, Volume 1, please sign up.
Voulag Big spoiler....Please mark it as spoiler or edit...i no more want to read that book..be more careful please....

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo CumberlandIntern1TitebySueBee_zpsad7d1bc8.jpg
 photo internstoryxBbysb_zps9b1544a7.gif
★★★★! The Intern, part 1 of 3. Young intern determined to solve her father’s murder has to try to fly under the radar with handsome heir & CEO-in-training!

There are 3 parts to The Intern serial. I recommend these novellas be read in order:
Part 1: The Intern I
Part 2: The Intern II
Part 3: The Intern III

In The Intern (part 1) we meet high school student Cecilia West, Ceci seven years after her father was brutally murdered in front of her eyes. Ever since she has been on a mission to solve his
Jennifer Kyle
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars

description

This isn’t your typical intern story! This one packs a few really interesting surprises along the way as well as hot steam that all readers love.

Cecilia is actually a high school senior who is super clever and lands herself access to all the cold case files on her father’s seven year old murder.

description

Bentley Leighton is the soon-to-be CEO of Leighton Enterprises, who gets saddled into hiring and working with the Saturday intern. Bentley hires Ceci, the gorgeous bright girl who appears to be
Christy

4 Stars!

photo f3a3fb1c-cafa-443d-92c2-243ce994a53c_zps725d8375.jpg
Boss. Intern. Off limits.

Don’t we all love a hot forbidden love type story? Add some steam, mystery and two interesting characters and you’ve got The Intern. It’s the first installment of a three part novella series, and one that I enjoyed reading.

Ceci is an 18 year old girl getting ready to graduate high school. She’s got big dreams- but more than that, she’s got a specific goal in mind. She wants to find out the truth about a family tragedy that happened years ago. To do that, she
Lisa Jayne
May 16, 2014 rated it liked it
THREE FORBIDDEN STARS.

"Secrets, lies, deceit."

description

Serial romances appear to be a popular trend of late and being the impatient reader that I am I haven't been able to resist diving into the most popular ones that I've seen reviewed on Goodreads. 'The Intern' caught my initial interest for that very reason and when the author approached me to read and review I happily accepted. As a new to me author I was excited to see what Brooke Cumberland would deliver and overall I was impressed with the writi
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit...! I freaking LOVE the way the author ended this story. I'm chomping at the bit for more. I feel antsy! Completely antsy. Good thing the second part of this AMAZING serial is being release June 11th, I believe.

Okay a couple things.

1. YOU HAVE TO READ THIS.

2. The tummy clenches I had were ridiculous. My entire body sizzled in bliss. It's STEAMY, INTOXICATING and EROTIC. And I have to say I even panted a couple times.

3. This serial PACKS A PUNCH. The auth
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

The Intern is a three-part romantic suspense serial about Bentley and Cecilia.

After my initial reading I knew I'd experienced the start of something very interesting with bags of promise and potential, simply by the way it ended. But equally, for the novella as a whole, my feelings, in terms of the rating for the overall read lay between the 3 and 3.5 mark. However, since my read, the author has made various contextual changes and additions and removed unnecessary bits and pieces. I believe thes
Brooke Cumberland
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
★★#FREE on Amazon for -5- days only!!★★

She's sexy, fierce, and a loud-mouthed know-it-all...and she's completely off limits.
Then again, rules were made to be broken.

❥Amazon US ➙ https://amzn.to/2MnNKqc
❥Amazon UK ➙ https://amzn.to/2MuUQt7
❥Amazon CA ➙ https://amzn.to/2vKnM9i
❥Amazon AU ➙ https://amzn.to/2APs9FN

Aug 12-16 only
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
2.5 rounding up to 3 stars

Well...hell...Call me a picky bitch, but sadly this book just did not work for me. I wanted to like it. The synopsis sounded intriguing enough. It had every ingredient for a smuttasticly awesome book for me, but it just. fell. flat.

Cecilia is an 18 year old high school senior. But her personality read unrealistically older.

Well, 1.5 out of 4 isn't bad I guess. I personally didn't find h
Michelle
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

☆☆☆☆☆ 5 Sexy Intern Stars ☆ ☆☆☆☆

TheIntern

First off, I want to thank Ms. Cumberland for messaging me and asking me if I wanted to read and review The Intern. I just read the blurb and was like hell yeah I would so read and review this book. This was my first time reading Brooke Cumberland’s book and after devouring The Intern, I can’t wait to check out more of her works.

OMG….I am in love and obsessed with The Intern. Holy hell...this serial novella was
Amy (Foxy)
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
***3.75 stars***

The Intern, Volume 1 is a three-part romantic suspense serial with each proceeding volume being released 2 weeks apart.

Lies, hatred, and secrets fuel 18 year old Ceci to seek justice for a crime against her family. Pretending to be someone she is not she lands a job as an intern for a law firm. Bentley is her 24 years boss who is fooled into believing she is someone she is not.

In closing, I felt that Bentley got hot and heavy with Ceci pretty quickly and laid claim on her befor
Catarina
3,5 Vindictive Stars!

description

Ceci has only one goal: revenge her father’s death, which even after a few years remains a complete mystery.
In order to do that she gets an internship in one of the biggest investigation companies, whose CEO is the only man who would possibly know all the mystery involving the murder of her father.
What she didn’t expect is for the son of said CEO to be there, as the next in line to run the company. Bentley used to be a model, a sexy playboy but now is all business, and n
Barbara
"ARC provided by the author, Brooke Cumberland for an honest review"

photo oie_TmifFNOB50bI_zpsc9df4d99.jpg

I love it… It has all the right components, great story line, and great characters, If you love stubborn, strong-willed characters, hot sexy male, a badass female and amazing chemistry with the right sexual tension, some LOL moments, with just the right amount of intrigue than you have to read this book.

Thanks Brooke Cumberland for this book!

J *deep in the heart of Texas*
Cecilia witnessed the murder of her father seven years ago. Now she's a senior in high school and hell bent on finding out who murdered him. What better way to do that then pretend to be your sister and apply for an internship at Leighton Enterprises.

Leighton Enterprises is a firm known for its investigative criminal reporting, as well as, for it's contributions to unresolved cold cases. Enter Bentley Leighton, soon to be CEO.

Boss.
Intern.
Offlimits.

So Ceci sets off to seduce work with Bentley i
*****FOUR Stars*****
BR with Melissa
(ARC Provided by Author in Exchange for an Honest Review)

photo imagejpg1_zps582d9109.jpg

"The Intern" is the story of Ceci West aka Casey, who is an 18 year old HS senior, masquerading about as her older sister who is a college student, in order to get a job as an intern for Leighton Industries.
It is the largest investigative criminal reporting company in Nebraska.
Ceci's dad was murdered seven years ago, and it went unsolved.
It's been added to the Cold Case files.
Ceci hopes to get access to
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
REVIEW TO COME TOMORROW!!

ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review
Alexis *Reality Bites*
REVIEW -mature content reader discretion is advised.
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: New Adult Romance with a dose of mystery

photo Theinterncollagefinal1_zpsadee57d4.jpg

Nothing, I repeat nothing about Cecilia marks her as average. After witnessing the murder of her father as a child; Cecilia embarks on a mission to solve his murder. The first thing she needs to do to work her plan is land an internship at Leighton Enterprises, a place well known for investigating crimes. She believes it holds the info she must obtain in order to connect the pieces
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
2.5 - Not for me - Stars

Before my somewhat of a rant begins just let me say I didn't care for this book but that doesn't mean that you won't so if you think you might like it then try it. I'm looking for more of a story than just a sexual relationship in a book.

Cecilia West is hell bent on finding out who murdered her father in a cold case years ago. She is currently in high school so she steals her older sister Casey's license and applies for an internship at Leighton Enterprises.

When she get
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
3.5-4 I Want You Stars!
(ARC provided by author)
(BR with Patty)

photo 3a6e40aa-21ad-45e5-a1f2-f6763cbaf760.jpg

photo f3a6e292-67c1-4e44-9602-4270d85b8200.jpg

Cecilia West aka Ceci is an 18 yr. old high school senior getting close to graduation day. When Ceci was 11 her whole world changed when her father was murdered. After seven years the memory of the day he died still haunts her. She still lives in the past, and feels she can't move on with her life till she knows the truth. Her fathers murder had no leads, little to no evidence, no witnesses, and was never solved. It was one of the b
Tantalizing
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I knew coming into reading The Intern that is was going to be hot, but what I never expected was for the heat to radiate out of my Kindle.

We got to meet Cecilia aka Ceci, a master manipulator and con artist. Ceci is looking for answers to a tragic incident that happened in the past, and the one way she knows is to get her foot in the door at Leighton Enterprise as an intern.

Then there is Bentley Leighton, the hot, priveleged, a bit pompus, did I mention he's HOT, future CEO. He quite frankly
Staci Hart
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WHEWWWWWW!

Snarky young con artist? CHECK.

Super hot alpha? CHECK.

Ceci has noooooo idea what she's doing to him. I love that she thinks she knows, thinks she has everything under control, pushes Bentley's buttons and just has literally no idea what kind of beast she's poking. Naivete at it's finest, something that, as a woman, I've been through. I thought I had all the answers at eighteen. LOLZ.

Holy sexual tension YES. First I was like...

Then I was like...

and THEN I was like...

Can't wait for the n
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 intriguing stars.

photo imagejpg1_zps4ac1608f.jpg

I really enjoyed this one and I'm eager to read the next in the series. It was an engaging, quick read, full of sexual tension and an interesting story line.

Yes the main characters relationship did develop rather quickly, but then I prefer that to these long drawn out 'will they, won't they' plots, so it worked for me.

Any book that's has me rechecking Goodreads the minute I finish, in order to find out when the next book is due out, is a definite winner in my book!!!

First ex
Khadidja
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
this book was a very quick read that completely satisfied my kinky mind literaly i started this book three hours ago and here i am writing a review to say how hot it was , simple , full of chemistry , mystery , sexiness

If you like suspense with some fun thrown in this this is a must add to your list, just make sure you have the second book too cause this on ends with big questions unanswered ! #cliffhanger

aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
Overall I liked the story.. but I think the execution was a little too weak.

Ceci our heroine is a 18 years old high school senior. At the age of 11 she witnessed how her father was shot.
Since then she was very interested in crime and solving crimes because her fathers case
was never solved.

She wants to solve her fathers case but she needs the files and more information. So she decides to work as an intern at Leighton Enterprises. Leighton Enterprises is one of the largest
investigative criminal
Kimberly Lauren
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What is it about office romance's that really get me going?! I'm such a sucker for them. I love the stolen glances or secretive kisses. That's why I'm excited that we get three volumes of The Intern!

Ceci, the heroine, is this ballsy, feisty girl that fakes her way into a college internship (see, ballsy!). I love a good suspense added into my Romances and this one has it. Ceci is on a mission. She didnt fake her way into this internship to gain success or good grades. She wants to find her fathe
Victoria Stolte
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? Mystery, Lies, Sexiness..
How far would you go to get the truth? With Cecilia needing to do just that and get the answers she needs we find out she will do just about anything. When the chance arises to work at Leighton Enterprises she just might get the break she needs. But can she resist the charm from the sexy Mr. Bentley Leighton? Son of the infamous owner of the company? I found the book well written and it moved at a good pace. I love the fact that their is a crime to be so
Erica
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well I finished that a lot faster than I wanted too!!!! Man Brooke you can suck me to your books and I can't ever get out! I hope the release date doesn't change for the next ones! Yes it does have a cliff hanger, but I promise you all it is worth it!!! Bently is a hot model who now has to work for the family business and doesn't want too! He gets sucked into the hiring process of what he believes is a new intern. He has no clue that her motives are strictly personally and she is on one mission. ...more
Alexis Noelle
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story! Bentley and Ceci had immediate chemistry and the angst in the book was great! I loved Ceci’s backstory and her connection to Bentley. The ending left me wanting more I can’t wait for the next installment!
Ashley Suzanne
What do you get when you mix a punchy, sarcastic young woman with an uber sexy alpha male CEO ... I'll tell you ... you get The Intern Volume One.

Sweet Baby Jesus In A Manger

Oh the tension ... it made my stomach hurt.

I yelled at my computer ... "Just do it Ceci ... DO. IT."

Bentley is quite possibly in the running for one of the best book boyfriends of 2014 ... without a doubt sexy, caring, struggling with his position of authority and OHHH EMMM GEEE did I already say sexy?!?!

This story starts ou
Sara
May 15, 2014 rated it liked it
This was...hmmm. This had a few issues for me.

Ceci is a 18 year old, Senior in high school. 7 years ago her father was gunned down in the front yard and she was shot by a stray bullet.
The case was never solved and went to the cold case files. She has this brilliant idea. She uses her older sister's ID to land an internship at a Investigative Criminal Reporting company. Posing as a college student. Cue Nancy Drew/Veronica Mars skills.

How does one do this??? Well, by watching TV episodes of Law a
Jo-Anna Walker
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC in exchange for an honest review and can I say that I am so happy that I told Brooke that I would love to read this book.

First off, this is my first story by Brooke but I have come to "know" her on facebook and jumped at the chance to read this.

Now going in, I had no idea what the story was about. I saw teasers but never read the blurb. Knew it was romance but didn't know what genre. Well...ladies and gentlemen. You need to read this book!

So you meet Cecilia who is interning for a job to get
  • Knox: Volume 1 (Knox, #1)
  • The Student (The Professor, #2)
  • Objection (Legal Affairs, #1.1)
  • All the Pieces (Pieces of Lies, #3)
  • Atonement (Alfonzo, #4)
  • Wildcard: Volume One (Wildcard, #1)
  • The Seduction 1 (The Seduction, #1)
  • Something like Normal (Something like Normal, #1)
  • Red & Wolfe, Part Two (Red & Wolfe, #2)
  • Red, White and Sensual (The Red and White, #1)
  • Revealed by You (Torn, #2)
  • Hey There, Delilah (A Taboo Love, #1)
  • Unblocked - Episode One (Timber Towers Series Book 1)
  • Controlling Her Pleasure (Under His Command, #1)
  • Becoming His Muse - Part 3 (Becoming His Muse, #3)
  • Possessed by You (Torn, #1)
  • The Wild Side (The Wild Side, #1)
  • That Man 1 (That Man, #1)
Brooke Cumberland is a USA Today Bestselling author who wears many hats on any given day. She also co-writes under the USA Today Bestselling duo pseudonym, Kennedy Fox with her literary soul mate, Lyra Parish. She lives in the frozen tundra of Packer Nation with her husband, 7-year-old wild child, and two teenage stepsons. When she’s not writing, you can find her reading love stories, listening to ...more

The Intern (3 books)
  • The Intern, Volume 2 (The Intern, #2)
  • The Intern, Volume 3 (The Intern, #3)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
  • The Boy I Hate
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
  • Happy All the Time
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99