Start by marking “Infected” as Want to Read:
Infected

Infected

3.2  ·  Rating details ·  181 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
The race-against-the-clock feel of TV’s popular show 24 meets the action-packed romance of the film Run Lola Run. This high-concept teen thriller sends readers on the race of their lives.

Carina’s senior year is spiraling downward. Fast. Both her mother and her uncle, the only two family members she’s ever known, are dead. Their deaths were accidents, unfortunate results of
Published January 6th 2015 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Infected, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Infected

Winter by Marissa MeyerRed Queen by Victoria AveyardThe Heir by Kiera CassFairest by Marissa MeyerEnd of Days by Susan Ee
YA Novels of 2015
1,468 books — 8,835 voters
Winter by Marissa MeyerQueen of Shadows by Sarah J. MaasReturn to Me by Kelly MoranA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasLiars, Inc. by Paula Stokes
2015 Releases
754 books — 1,458 voters

More lists with this book...

Cheryl
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
I know Sophie can write. I can remember reading this author's first debut book, A Bad Day for Sorry. The first of Stella Hardesty books. I could not stop raving about the book and the author. The next Stella Hardesty I gobbled down so quickly.

This is not the first young adult novel I have read but I have to say that I like this author's adult novels better. The characters are stronger and the stories really grab me and pull me in. I can get lost in those books. This one barely got my excited. T
Tez
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
There are times when characters in love are necessary to the story. This is not one of those times. Carina unknowingly infected Tanner via saliva with a killer illness. The plot does not require them to be in love. Carina could have gone on the run with anyone she may have kissed.

This takes place BEFORE the book begins, so we're told right from the start that Carina and Tanner are in love. And we're repeatedly reminded throughout the novel, often bordering on border prose. It's TELLING, rather t
bookfan81
Sophie Littlefield is a favorite author of mine. Her adult Aftertime series is magnificent, and her YA Banished series is a winner too. Her other books have been hit or miss for me, and I'm afraid INFECTED leans more to the latter. This face-paced thriller begins with some promise but devolves pretty quickly into a convoluted and rather redundant YA book.

The premise is fun and there isn't a single line of down time in the whole book, which makes it a very quick read (the whole story spans less
Violetinkpen
Mar 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
What a waste of paper and ink. SERIOUSLY! Does this book have any redeeming qualities? Compelling characters? An interesting plot? Great twists? A killer ending? Um....no. The whole thing was so unbelievable and cheesy. Every plot twist was just a crappy excuse to move the story along and seemed either thrown together or rushed. There was nothing in this book that made it feel like it was written by an intelligent adult. Rather, it felt like the musings of a child with no clear line of thought. ...more
Amy
May 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I thought this was an okay book. Overall, I did not find it thrilling. I had attempted reading this several times when I first received it as a Christmas gift a few years back. The whole inroduction seemed a bit elementary to me in some way. Starting off talking about how Carina was alone and trying to make it through her uncle's memorial just didn't seem to fit. And then I felt too much emphasis was put on Carina's relationship with Tanner rather than what the story seemingly was meant to be ab ...more
Tamara
Honestly, I lost interest in this book. The idea was interesting, but I didn't think the execution was that great. I got between halfway and two-thirds of the way through it and then skimmed the rest just so I could find out what happened.

I'm not sure what it was about the book that just felt lacking to me. It reminded me of Shannon Hale's Dangerous, which I didn't like that much either. (I finished that book, but that might just be because I've gotten over my need to finish every book I start.)
Kayta
May 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book is about Corina and her boyfriend Tanner. It starts with Corina trying to keep it together at her uncles funeral. She describes how she regrets the distant relationship she had with him and her dead mother. Just when she tries to have a private moment with Tanner, she is pulled aside and told that she is in danger because of the highly classified work her uncle and mother did. She and Tanner go on the run and find out that they have been infected with a virus that increases their sense ...more
P.M.
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was all right. The characters didn't do much for me nor did the plot.
Anita
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This mystery/sci-fi novel moved at a quick pace and have enough surprises to hold my interest. The characters aren't extremely developed and a few characters show up for a remarkably short time that could have had more of a part in the story line. However, I enjoyed the read about a virus that had the potential for good (or evil) and as such was in peril of falling into the wrong hands. 4/5 stars.
Jane  Pettitt
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved very good read
Jessica
May 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Strong plot line, good character diversity, but it honestly just could not hold my attention
Danny Doherty
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bethany Miller
Feb 20, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: royal-march-2015
Student Review by Jalya (11th grade)

Grade range: 9th-12th
Genre: Mystery
Literary Merit: Okay
Characterization: Okay
Recommendation: Optional Purchase

Infected by Sophie Littlefield begins with orphaned Carina Monroe attending her Uncle Walter’s funeral. Carina has to deal with the reality that the only family she’s ever known is gone. After the funeral Carina, along with her boyfriend Tanner, read a letter written by Walter before he died. The letter warns Carina not trust a woman named Shelia, w
Cheryl
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
 Super "soldiers" to the rescue...

INFECTED was another fun Sophie Littlefield read. I've enjoyed her adult and her teen books and have read most of them.

Carina and Tanner are the teen protagonists in this story. Both are still in high school and are boyfriend/girlfriend. When Carina's mother and her uncle both die, she feels untethered, adrift. She doesn't trust the woman she's been left to live with. In fact, the only person she does trust is Tanner.

Secret dangerous projects (that her mother an
Liz Friend
The story: Carina's uncle is dead, and now she's an orphan. Even worse--she's infected, a result of the top-secret research that killed both him and her mother. Before she knows what's going on, she's passed the infection on to Tanner, the only person left to love in her life. As they track down the pieces to the mysterious puzzle that Uncle Walter left for her, they realize things are even more dire than they thought: there's a deadline. And if they don't meet it...they're dead.

June Cleaver's r
Glenda
Aug 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Carina's life has recently been filled with tragedy. Her mother committed suicide almost a year ago and her uncle has just died after a car accident. Both her mother and her uncle worked for Calaveras National Laboratories where they worked on secret projects that her uncle told her were modernized K rations for the military. Carina never knew anything about her father, so she is now an orphan. Her guardian, appointed by her uncle, is also a worker at the labs.
During her uncle's funeral service,
Diana Thomsen
Aug 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
This book was SOOO close to being great! It had all the elements in all the right places, but it just didn't quite make it. At least not for me. I did appreciate the fact that the author let the boyfriend be a genuinely good guy. There are so many truly good men in literature these days, so Tanner was a nice change. Carina, though, well, she suffered from stupid-girl syndrome, a common problem in literature these days where the protagonist feels the need to never tell anyone what she's going to ...more
Jory
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
One piece of very good news -- this was a stand-alone! It had all of the set-up of another trilogy, but then it just left some mystery lingering (a very teensy bit, at least) at the end. Yay! Go YA! Thank you! (And it was also in third person -- a few surprise gifts here!) This book had a little romance, was action-packed (chase scene after chase scene), was despotic, and I easily read it in a sitting -- but I do have so many questions. Like: what was Sheila's deal? And what was really in it for ...more
Ruby O.
Nov 01, 2015 rated it liked it
This is an action packed book that will leave your heart racing. I really enjoyed seeing how the characters problem solved and were able to do inhuman feats using their altered senses. Towards the end of the book, things really didn't flow as well. Since Infected takes place in present day America, the technology was too high-tech and the government was too post apocalyptic. Not the best book I've ever read, but not the worst.
L.M. Justus
Jan 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-sci-fi
This book started out okay, but it got progressively sillier and more far-fetched. There was plenty of action, which I appreciated, and I liked the relationship between Carina and Tanner. Several explanations throughout the story were glossed over though, which seemed like a cop-out to me, and there were a lot of cheesy moments. Perhaps this would appeal to the younger end of the YA range, although there is some swearing.
Kelly Sierra
This was an okay SCI-FI thriller. I am not sure if I like the fact that the main character was more concerned over her boyfriend being sick, versus... I don't know everything else that is going on in this book. And it was too quick. I like the fast pace, but at the same time the author could have really explained things and made it more of a thriller with a little bit more time.
Jill Heather
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya
Gosh, I wonder if the main character and her boyfriend will manage to get the thing they need in the limited time they have available? What tension!

Actually I did not wonder, and there was zero tension. Reasonably well plotted and written. There are ways to get tension in reaching a predetermined ending, but very few YA authors can figure out how.

Paula
Jan 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Loved the author's Aftertime series. This was a YA and not near as good in my HO.
Kami
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Some swearing but a good , quick read.
Kim
Mar 24, 2015 rated it liked it
I had this on my list for a while. It was a solid story with some decent characters. The plot had some interesting twists. This is not a zombie survival story by any means.
Colleen
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book; however, was a little disappointed with the ending. There was a lot of build up and I felt the ending seemed rushed. Overall a decent read.
Alan
Mar 22, 2015
Brittany
Mar 18, 2015
Anne Armstrong
Dec 31, 2016
Nlc
rated it did not like it
Jun 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • All That Burns (All That Glows, #2)
  • Burn (Scan, #2)
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • Rebellion (Extraction, #2)
  • Carved in Stone (Life After War, #8)
  • Skandal (Sekret, #2)
  • Silver Eve (Guardians of Tarnec, #2)
  • The Edge of Forever (The Edge of Forever #1)
  • The Crimson Gate (The Violet Hour, #2)
  • Polaris (Avalon, #2)
  • Stranded
  • Ask Me
  • The Vault (The Farm, #3)
  • The A-Word (Sweet Dead Life, #2)
  • Unmade (Entangled #2)
  • The August Five
  • The Defiant (The Forsaken #3)
  • After the Red Rain
Called a “writing machine” by the New York Times and a “master storyteller” by the Midwest Book Review, Sophie Littlefield has written dozens of novels for adults and teens. She has won Anthony and RT Book Awards and been shortlisted for Edgar, Barry, Crimespree, Macavity, and Goodreads Choice Awards.

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99