Start by marking “Renegade (Renegade, #1)” as Want to Read:
Renegade (Renegade, #1)

Renegade (Renegade, #1)

4.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  16 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
There are just three rules to being a time traveler.

1. Do not, under any circumstance, interfere with your environment during travel.
2. Do not attempt to carry other persons or large articles during travel.
3. Keep your talisman on your person at all times.

When time traveler Andrew Simmons loses his talisman in pre-revolutionary Boston, he must race against the clock to
Published April 1st 2014 by Renegade Publications

To ask other readers questions about Renegade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Renegade

The Book Nanny
May 03, 2014 The Book Nanny rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
At the beginning the book appeared to have some essence of historical fiction, with all the information of Boston in 1770 molded with the current incidents. To be honest, I have always abhorred historical fictions, and was kind of dubious on whether I made the right choice when I opened the book. But as I crept along with the story, I was drowned in the excitement that accelerated with every chapter, and I was left fascinated when I had reached the very last paragraph.

Read a detailed review brok
Kasey
Apr 10, 2014 Kasey rated it it was amazing
I would recommend this book to anyone I like, as it's a quick, enjoyable read that is perfect for young adults and adults alike. The characters are familiar and easy to relate to as they fumble their ways through time and space. Passing between Colonial Boston and the future adds a new environment in which it is easy to be immersed. My only recommendation for Wilcox is the addition of more character development, which is sure to come in the sequel. Read it; You won't regret it.

I got it off of Am
Brianne Reeves
Dec 31, 2014 Brianne Reeves rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014

Overview: Andrew Simmons is a time traveller who has broken two of the biggest laws of time travel: don’t interfere and under no circumstances should you lose your talisman, the means by which time travellers travel. Now, he’s stuck in 1770, trying to get his talisman back. He has five days to find his talisman and get back to his home or he’ll be stuck in 1770 forever and his family will forget he ever existed.

World-Building: The time travelling community is laid out in the novel as extremely
Britt (Britt's Book Blog)
May 09, 2014 Britt (Britt's Book Blog) rated it really liked it
When I began reading Renegade I was immediately sucked into the story.

Renegade was refreshing. It was thrilling. It was enjoyable. It was amazing.

It’s an easy read and fast-paced. It had twists and turns, and wasn’t predictable.

I couldn’t put this book down.

This was a really good debut book from L.A. Wilcox. It was a little rough around the edges but with a few tweaks here and there it would be amazing.

The main character, Andrew has broken two of the rules of time travel, he interfered with some
Chelsea (Books for Thought)
Jul 05, 2014 Chelsea (Books for Thought) rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. *

Cover

Not my favourite cover but it's not horrible.

Initial Thoughts

I read a few reviews before going into this book. They were pretty average so my expectations were average. I was a little worried because I sometimes can't get into historical fiction. Luckily, while this book took place in the past, it was still an easy read and not too historical. I was able to get into this book really quickly.

My New BFF

I really liked Eliz
Cary
May 04, 2014 Cary rated it it was amazing
This is an exciting book, well written with a lot of surprises. Wilcox does a great job of making you believe these characters really exist. My favorite is Andrew, the main character who is not afraid to take risks. I found the book to be fast paced with the action beginning in the very first chapter. I loved the intertwining of the plot and the way it all came together with an unforeseen twist in the end. This one left me hanging.................. I can hardly wait for the next one in the serie ...more
Marilyn Hudson
Jun 01, 2014 Marilyn Hudson rated it really liked it
A gripping story, well written and inventive at times. I look forward to reading more from this new author and know she will keep providing a story rich in character, clever in plot and capable of touching the reader on an emotional level as well.

A haunting tale of time travel and so much more.
Ruth Anne
May 17, 2014 Ruth Anne rated it it was amazing
Renegade is a great story that pulled me in from the beginning. The story was great and I loved the character of Andrew.
Kelsey
Kelsey rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2016
Lance H
Lance H rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2015
Janet Hostetter
Janet Hostetter rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2014
Carrie
Carrie rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Arnis
Arnis marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Elyssa Szkirpan
Elyssa Szkirpan rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2014
Kati Rose
Kati Rose marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Sara Rowe
Sara Rowe rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2014
Ethan
Ethan marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Grant Lanier
Grant Lanier rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2014
Elen
Elen rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2016
8131934
L. A. Wilcox is a University of Oklahoma mass communications alumna. At an early age, her love for Disney films sparked a love for storytelling, and since then she has dreamed of becoming a writer. In her spare time, she loves blogging, knitting and obsessing over 90s boy bands.
More about L.A. Wilcox...