Start by marking “Women of Faith in the Latter Days: Volume Three, 1846-1870” as Want to Read:
Women of Faith in the Latter Days: Volume Three, 1846-1870

Women of Faith in the Latter Days: Volume Three, 1846-1870

This groundbreaking series tells the stories of women in the history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints whose lives of faith and dedication deserve emulation. Each chapter recounts a woman's trials, triumphs, and testimony, often in her own words.

Volume 3 features women born between 1846 and 1870 and includes well-known women and other publicly unknown. The

Published April 7th 2013 by Deseret Book (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Women of Faith in the Latter Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Women of Faith in the Latter Days

Melanie
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
There are 23 chapters in this book, each one about a different woman of faith during this time period. Each chapter is actually written by a different author, from well-established scholars to beginning writers and different approaches are taken for each chapter. It also includes sketches of women outside of the United States.

This series will consist of seven volumes and the chapters are arranged alphabetically by the last name of each woman. Since it's not in a novel form, you can start with an
Deb
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The lives of these faithful women are inspiring. I feel a greater understanding of how different the LDS culture was during their lifetimes because of their unique challenges dealing with polygamy, developing new homesteads, and struggling to survive. They worked hard to provide for themselves and their families. They were brave, strong, independent, and bold.
S'Rizzle
I didn’t love this one as much as the other two, but I can’t say why. I guess I wasn’t pulled into the history as I was with the previous ones.
Marie
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The women of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have an impressive legacy. I have always known there were many great women in our history. Bits of their stories have been woven into the lessons I have both taught and been taught over the years but I have never found more extensive biographies except for a few well-known women. I have long wished that more of their stories were published.

And now, with Deseret Book’s Women of Faith in the Latter Days series, my wish has been granted m
Emily
As with the first two volumes of this series, Women of Faith in the Latter Days: Volume Three, provides a window into the lives of women in the early church, both those who are well-known and those who are relatively obscure. The format has changed slightly; instead of splitting each chapter into two sections (a brief biographical sketch and then a more in-depth "life experiences" portion), each chapter is now a single continuous piece, seamlessly blending the woman's life experiences with the o ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
The main point that I took from this volume is that the women portrayed didn't think they were doing anything extraordinary. They were trying to get by and live their life and faith the best that they could. The extraordinary part is that they took opportunities/trials that came their way in a positive and life changing way.

This book features 23 women born between 1846-1870. Each story has it's own chapter. Each story is submitted by a different person, so there is variety in writing style and
Kristopher Swinson
rated it it was ok
Sep 25, 2014
Ruth
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good variety of women and their histories
Cami