Start by marking “Tur (The Elsker Saga, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Tur (The Elsker Saga, #0.5)

Tur (The Elsker Saga 0.5)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  638 Ratings  ·  105 Reviews
Inga Andersson is the envy of every girl in Asgard. On the surface she has it all -- great friends, a job as Odin’s personal fight choreographer, and a happy ever after with her realm’s hottest assassin. But when evil invades Asgard, her perfect world comes crashing down. Someone is planning to kill off the gods, and Inga’s best friend Ull is first on their list. With the ...more
Paperback
Published (first published April 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Tur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tur

Melinda Dozier
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yep! I'm hooked. Inga is a powerful, wise, talented goddess and I have now found my new idol. Bravo, Inga!

Tur is the prequel for the upcoming novel by STBende, Elsker. This short read is definately a teaser for what's to come. I loved the introduction to Ull, who is the hero in Elsker and his reaction to maybe meeting the love of his life in the future. ** le sigh **

The story is full of quick witty comments, fun-loving characters (who wouldn't love a kick-ass goddess!), action, and my favorite,
Heather Duff
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a taster for the main course that is Elsker which I am excited to say I will be reviewing on Thursday as part of S.T. Bende's blog tour for the series! Promise me you'll come back to see it!!

I love Norse mythology, yes watching Thor and Loki annoy the hell out of each other does help, but awesome programmes like New Zealand's The Almighty Johnson's have really made me sit up and pay attention to my Scandinavian neighbours (well across the sea and a bit, I'm in Scotland!) along with readi
Autumn (Triquetra Reviews)
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love that cover. Mmm. Gunnar and Inga are a great couple - they're both strong, confident and their relationship is solid. I love how they seem to have a 50-50 share in sex appeal, which lately I find that many of the male main characters in books just take over. It's highly annoying and I feel it's a wrong message to send to our girls that the man HAS to be the sexy one, giving the winks and smirks. Inga knows how to get Gunnar going and isn't afraid to use her sexual power. I dig that. Very ...more
Andrea Heltsley
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Wow! S.T. Bende has blown me away! Her concept of Norse Mythology was genius! I blew through the entire series in two days! This was the prequel and sets you up for the plot of the first book. It introduces you to the main Norse characters that are present in the series. Five glittery stars!
Prone to Crushes on Boys in Books
Tasty Teaser! A good prequel to get me interested in the series. Norse Gods, Dark Elves, fighting, humor, and mixed with a little romance. I loved Gunnar and Inga as a couple and I look forward to reading about Ull and his search for the one, Kristia.
Ana Blaze
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great introduction to ST Bende's new series! I loved butt-kicking, baking, wise-cracking Inga and cannot wait to read Ulls story next.
Roland Clarke
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun and fast read - review follows when Goodreads not glitching. Great
Cassandra Page
I really enjoyed this little tale from Inga's perspective. There's enough action and foreshadowing in here to keep the momentum of the novella going, and it seeds the romance between Ull and Kristia in the sweetest way. (That last page or two. Aww!) Ull is a very serious and intense fellow -- as you would be if you were the God of Winter being drafted into a different portfolio, one you really didn't want -- and it was fun to see Inga trying to get him to lighten up.

Inga and Gunnar are definitel
Cassie C
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It is safe to say I am hooked on the Elsker series! This preview into what you can expect in Elsker is perfect for a new, inquiring reader or one that has already read the first book. For only being 53 pages, S.T. Bende manages to enthrall the reader, and make them want to read (or in my case re-read) Elsker. You instantly fall in love with Inga, Gunnar, and Ull. It was great to see what these characters were like before the events of the first book, and Ms. Bende weaves Norse mythology effortle ...more
Shaili
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Amazing!!!!
I really enjoyed reading from Inga's pov. Its a really great Prequel to Elsker. Fighting, Norses Gods, and a little romance, what else can a reader ask for? I really enjoyed this book. I found Gunner and Inga's characters really interesting and totally kick ass! these two have really strong chemistry and just WOWOWOWOW!

The story itself was written veryyyyy nicely and the myths were totally different from anything i have ever read before (in the best way ever!!) The Dialogs were total
Lola
Tur is a great prequel to the Elsker series, this one is told from the point of view of Inga. I have no idea yet who Inga is and if there are any myths about her or not, but I know she lives among the gods. This prequel set up some things for the first book Elsker and I am really curious how this is all going to work out. The danger is introduced and this books provides a peak from the supernatural side before reading about the human girl who is going to get caught up in this all.

I liked Inga as
Inga
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My review:

Even though Tur by S.T. Bende is a short read, it is a very good one! It captured my attention from the very first page until the last page and it kept me wanting more!

I love reading mythological fiction books and the Norse/Nordic mythology is one of my favorite ones, it's very close to my heart, so I was little anxious to see how well S.T. Bende fares with it and she did a good job! The settings were great and all the gods and creatures recognizable.

The story itself was well-written
Stephanie Wardrop
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Norse gods must be crazy sexist if they (or at least Odin) think they should keep Inga out of battle. She's my favorite character out of all the books I've read lately: smart, spirited, strong, and a gifted cookie baker. At the risk of upsetting anyone, I am firmly on TEAM INGAR (sorry Ul and Kristia, but Inga and Gunnar are way more fun to me). In this prequel to ENDRE, we meet Ull before her met Kristia and see Gunnar and Inga in action (and I mean ACTION) as the Elf Uprising begins. (By t ...more
Mandy
Tur is a short novella that leads up to the novel Elsker. The story is about Inga, Gunnar and Ull three very important people living in Asgard. The time has come for them to be assigned their new jobs but instead of getting her chance to be a warrior or Valkyrie Inga is to continue as a trainer instead of fighting. However she does have a chance to prove she can be a fighter when they are attacked by the dark elves handing herself admirably.

It’s refreshing to read Norse mythology it’s one of the
Sarez Tomoan
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well how could I go wrong with this book? Mythology, Gods and Goddesses, all my favourite subjects. Tur serves as an introduction to the Elsker saga and introduces us to Inga, Gunner and Ull, Norse Gods and Goddesses and ssrves to provide a background into their families and the hierarchy of Asgard (where the Norse Gods live.) it was well written, intense and for such a small story (10000 words) packs a real punch. I recieved this book in exchange for an honest review however I already had it on ...more
Tricia
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
TUR: ELSKER SAGA BOOK 0.5 BY: S.T. BENDE
   Tur was a fast and fun little taste of the Norse mythology based Elsker Saga series by S.T. Bende. I am a huge fan of mythology based books, but I have really only read a few Norse based ones. I am happy to add this book to that list! The characters were interesting, Inga and Gunnar were a great couple, I especially loved Inga, she was a fierce and powerful woman and I loved that she whipped all the warriors into shape and then went home and whipped u
Mihi Vienna
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Norse Gods, War, Beginnings, Search & Love

I came across this book by my book loving friends on Facebook.
They recommended I check out this Authors books because like them I too Love all things Norse. :)
When I liked S.T. Bende's Page on their and through a post that was shared it brought me to the link for this!.
Man I am so glad I read this!.

The characters in this book are awesomely written.. My gosh I love Inga & Gunnar !! their relationship is key to awesome possibilities & fingers c
Roxanne Kade
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a great set up to Elsker and I liked that it was more Inga's story because it gave me a chance to get to know some of the secondary characters in the main story. It also gave me a chance to see the relationship between Inga, Gunnar and Ull, and their time on Asgard as warriors. Inga kicked ass and I could understand why she was so frustrated by Orin. Even after proving just how fierce she was he wasn't willing to give her what she wanted.

This story also gave me a sense of how lonely Ull
Suzanne Rooyen
To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of romances and haven't been overly enamoured with New Adult books because they tend to be more contemporary romance, which isn't my usual cup of tea. Enter Tur and Elsker and the entire series written by ST Bende!

Tur gives you a sneak peek into the world of the Elsker Saga, a world populated by Norse gods and dark elves and all things fantastical. Yay! A speculative fiction new adult story!

While Gunnar very much steals the limelight in Tur, this novella also int
Vivian
Jul 06, 2014 rated it liked it
2.5

So this is just really short, and light. I didn't really relate to the characters. I couldn't imagine them as real. I LOVE mythology and was very excited to find this series, but it just didn't work for me. I feel like the author had a really good idea, but relied too much on the history of the characters (and her love for them) and didn't end up writing them with much depth. I do like this novella more than the first book in the series because I actually wanted to know more about the charact
Isidora Castillo rabanal
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I already wrote about how I liked Inga and Gunnar, so I was very happy to read this novella. They seem like the perfect couple, happy with each other after years of spending time togeather. I would really like to know how they met! Maybe that could be material for another novella.
It was really interesting to have a glimpse of Asgaard, how the gods live, and how everything started (although it was not enough!). It really helps to understand some details in Elsker, although you can read both of t
Shelly Wygant
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great fun, fast paced and action packed prequel. It was great to see the friendship between Gunner, Inga, and Ull. We see into their lives as the prepare for a battle. All three of them stand side by side in battle and kick some a$$. The ending leads up to what happens on Elsker.

Short read but full of action and some steamy scenes between Gunner and Inga.

I received a gift copy in exchange for an honest review.
Kindling Micky
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novellas, folklore
I've read this out of order. Elsker first then Tur but it didn't matter. I loved this it was short but gave back story and understanding to the main novel. S.t. Bende is a new discovery for me but I really enjoy her writing style and my shared love of all Norweigen things doesn't hurt. Brilliant, bring on the next.
Anna (Annaberry Reads)
I really enjoyed this short story! I loved all the action and being inside of Inga's head. She's such a great character and I really liked the banter she has with the boys (Ull and Gunnar). I also became a member of the Gunnar Fan Club in this book. Inga and him are such a cute couple. The ending did make me cry a little. ;)
I can't wait to read more books by ST Bende!
Stacey
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness. Yes, Gunnar is definitely the Norse god for me. Playful, fun, bad-ass, and just a bit cheeky. *sigh*

This prequel to the Elsker Saga is fast paced and fun. Inga is such a strong character, and I loved seeing the pre-Kristia relationship between these three Asgardian best friends.

An awesome short read from ST Bende.
AnnMarie
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For a Novella there was a surprising amount of information in this book which sets the scene ready for future books in the series. I thoroughly enjoyed being introduced to the characters, and already feel an affinity to them. The first book in the series...Elsker, can't come soon enough. I definitely recommend this book.
Jenny - Book Sojourner
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great prequel novella! I loved Inga, Gunnar, and Ull. Great mix of action, humor, friendship, love, sexiness, and suspense. It's amazing how few pages it took to hook me into this series. I'm ready to start Elsker!
Emily
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Inga is probably my favourite character in the Elsker Saga, and this prequel was a wonderful little look into her life pre-Elsker. Emphasis, sadly, on the little! I can't wait for the next installment. :D
Felicia Semmler
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to this series. In this quick novella you fall in love with Inga, Gunner and Ul.l I can't wait to read more of Ull's story within this novella you want to find out more about him and why he is so lonely and guarded.
Jessie
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
loved it !!
  • One For the Money (Night Huntress, #4.5)
  • Dragon Knight's Sword (Order of the Dragon Knights, #1)
  • Until It's Right
  • Ever for You (For You, #1.5)
  • Frenched: The Wedding Night (Frenched #3.5)
  • Divided (Open Heart #1)
  • Learn to Fly
  • Tell Me Something Good (One-on-One, #1)
  • Storm in a Teacup (Ayala Storme #1)
  • In Stone
  • No More Secrets (Blue Moon #1)
  • Stormcaller (Stormcaller Cycle, #1)
  • Give Me Desire (Reason, #3)
  • Where We Fell
  • Losing It: A Collection of VCards
  • Five Down
  • Remember Me (Collective, #2)
  • The Danger of Destiny (Mystwalker, #4)
Before finding domestic bliss in suburbia, S.T. Bende lived in Manhattan Beach (where she became overly fond of Peet’s Coffee) and Europe… where she became overly fond of McVitie's cookies. Her love of Scandinavian culture and a very patient Norwegian teacher inspired the books of The Elsker Saga (Tur, Elsker, Endre, and Tro) and The Ære Saga (Perfekt Order, Perfekt Control, and Perfekt Balance). ...more
More about S.T. Bende

The Elsker Saga (3 books)
  • Elsker (The Elsker Saga, #1)
  • Endre (The Elsker Saga, #2)
  • Tro (The Elsker Saga, #3)