Start by marking “the three o'clock in the morning sessions” as Want to Read:
the three o'clock in the morning sessions

the three o'clock in the morning sessions

"the three o'clock in the morning sessions" is a poetry collection of works written over the span of almost fifteen years. This book also contains two short stories, "the door" and "brief love". All of the works deal with lost love or almost loves.
Published April 7th 2014 by Indie World Publishing & Author Services

To ask other readers questions about the three o'clock in the morning sessions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about the three o'clock in the morning sessions

Deni Ciubotaru
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was pretty cool. Loved how she turned from poetry to short stories and how deep her writing is. I'm curious to check out some more.
Blessed be these free books on Amazon!
Clarissa Simmens
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reading the three o’clock in the morning sessions was like listening to incredibly good, but sad, ballads. Every poem—like every track in a beloved music CD—is intense and heart-rending. The imagery and vivid descriptions generate scenes that are immediately familiar to anyone who has ever experienced a relationship breakup. Certain poems broke my heart, especially the ones that demonstrate how quickly we may see ourselves as ugly and deserving of the disintegration merely because “the other” ha ...more
Linda Jenkinson
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The best word I can find to describe the poetry and prose in this book is elegant. I have far too many favorites in this short book to mention them all.

The poem why drew me into a similar memory, one which I have written about but not as well.

The title of the offbeat the offbeat poem is a misnomer because with lines such as

"i listen to the world as it moves andante
while my heart is beating presto alla tedesca"

you can see that Martin doesn't miss a beat at all. Her creativity in such accurate
Brenda Perlin
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The three o’clock in the morning sessions by Angie Martin made me feel for the girl writing these poems. I have felt her sadness and self-doubts. She writes from her heart as she pours out her soul onto these pages filled with real-life emotions. These gripping pieces touched me as I found a connection. We are not alone in our feelings in this vast world of ours. It’s so good that there are writers like this can share in such a way that you can feel this kind of bond.

The authors words filled me
Marisa Oldham
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't like poetry. At least that's what I kept telling myself once I heard that one of my favorite authors was releasing a book of just that. I was very apprehensive about reading this book, but quickly found that you can't judge a book by it's genre.
the three o'clock in the morning sessions is a wonderful little collection of powerful emotions broke down into glorious words and for a girl who doesn't like poetry, I just couldn't seem to put it down.
I've read all of Angie Martin's other books,
Joy Bishop
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
My daughter, who has recently fallen in love with poetry, chose this book to buy with some of her Christmas/Hanukkah money. She really enjoyed it. I read it because I like to read what she's reading (not in a "I'm gonna watch everything you do" way but in a "I'm interested in what you enjoy" way.) While I must admit, this poetry is not my favorite kind, it was well written. I enjoyed the two short prose pieces very much. And I loved the poem about singing in the car. Beautiful moment. Thank you ...more
Shannan Williams
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading through this book of poetry. A lot of the poems I could relate to and they really spoke to me. I think my favorite write in this book was at the very beginning called, “what are the three o’clock in the morning sessions?” I could just really relate to what was written.

Some of my other favorites were “one more”, “the road”, waiting to fall”, and “it all began with a kiss”.

If you are a lover of poetry, then this is a great book to add to your collection. I highly recommend
Melissa Cheslog
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This collection of poetry was impressive and moving. Each one is unique and draws upon the reader's emotions. The styles very and yet you can tell they all come from a similar place of mind. It is thought provoking and channels into the reader's very soul. I truly appreciate the courage the writer has for putting this work together and out to the public. Poetry is a very raw and emotional glimpse into a writer's heart and soul. This collection is beautiful and amazing.
Sarah Ann
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
the three o'clock in the morning sessions is a beautiful collection of poems and short stories. These poems range from heart break to jamming out to your favorite tunes. They are filled with so much emotion that you can relate to you. The short stories leave you wanting more and using your imagination to continue the story. If you like poetry and short stories you will love this collection and I recommend you pick it up today.
Jennifer Loiske
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We've all been there…alone with our thoughts whilst the others are still sleeping. The three o'clock in the morning sessions by Angie Martin beautifully summarize the emotions whirling in one's head. Thoughts full of hope, love, despair and wonder.

Most of the writings in this book are poems, yet this is not just a poetry book but a thought provoking feel good book.

Highly recommended!
Chad
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

Passionate, sultry, and heartbreaking; everything poetry should be. This is probably my favorite collection of poetry since The Cinnamon Peeler.
Madge
May 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This was pretty good, but not my favorite poetry collection. I think it started off better than it ended, but there were a few poems towards the end that I liked enough to bookmark. I was not a fan of the short story at the end. It wasn't terrible, but it definitely wasn't for me. Maybe I went into reading this with expectations of something very different. I'm a night owl, so 3AM feels more like noon to me, but I know for most of the world, it's a time when your mind can go to strange places if ...more
Julissa Cardenas
Dec 04, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If I was in middle school this book may have hit harder. But it fell flat and felt lack luster. The style seemed juvenile and the short story at the end was cringe worthy, riddled with casual shaming of other women which felt so archaic. The poems didn't give me a newfound sense of self, nor did they land or impact me while reading. I really wanted to like this book because what an amazing title, but I was disappointed.
Rebecca Timberlake
Jan 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Quotable.

There are some really great writing in here, and then there is some bland. The balance works, though. I would have liked some more structure; maybe "chapters" collecting similar thoughts together. Overall, though, I liked it, and would recommend it to anyone even slightly curious.
Kortnie Horn
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
This was a story written in little poems, I liked that.
Some of my favorite poems/stories were
darkness
tainted
the door
chalkboard
near escape and the pupeteer
BUUUT, I would've enjoyed the 'brief love' that started on pg. 58 to continue, a full story on that would be amazing especially since that last sentence made me sad for her.
Rachael Petrie
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
short but heart wrenching

some of these poems reminded me of things I have felt in certain situations in my life. for a second I think you are talking about me and my experiences. I think that shows that you've captured the human essence and I admire that in this short work.
Maya Wotherspoon
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
it was okay but it really dragged on
Elizabeth Houseman
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quick read with plenty of relatable poems and two intriguing short stories. The poems in this collection are a sort of comfort; they show that others feel things just like you when it comes to heartbreak and love. The short stories were interesting too, and I felt like they could've hinted at bigger stories. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in poetry.
JAnn Bowers
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is packed with poems that reflect onto the life of the poet at three o’clock in the morning contemplating life as we all do at time. I know I have had my fair share of writing at three o’clock in the morning but nothing like Angie pours out here in her strong emotions and thoughts about life at the moments when you feel so alone and no matter how hard you wish, no one is there to hold your hand say, “It’s going to be okay.” I connected with Angie’s work on a level that I hadn’t in a lo ...more
Ekstyn
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I've been looking for random poetry books and happened on this. Out of curiosity, I got it. It's good, but not quite my cup of tea. Short and sweet read tho. Took me quite a while to finish as it didn't drew me in as much as I'd like to.

Favorite piece would be "One of those Days".
Ashley Dawn
Despite really not knowing much about poetry, I just didn't like this book as much as I have enjoyed other ones. I couldn't really relate to many of the poems, which I think is why I enjoy poetry in the first place. While there were a lot of really good lines that I have underlined and tabbed, I just didn't enjoy this as much as I have enjoyed other poetry books.
Selina Kyle
Dec 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
I used to love poetry. I'm going to try to read more of it this year, but the trouble is the sort of poetry I like isn't the sort that gets written much. Most popular poetry is about heartbreak, about men leaving women wondering who they are when they're alone. It's just...not for me.

Angie Martin's collection is not for me. But some of the poems (The Box, and Maybe for example) spoke to me in bits and pieces. It never hooks me like Sara Teasdale did, but that's because, as Angie Martin says, my
Theresa
May 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: poetry
I think if I were in a different time in my life, I might of liked this book. I think the writer of this book may have gone through a recent breakup or something. Most of the book was a very depressing rant on the sadness of breakups and hating yourself for not being good enough. I did not like this. It reminded me of my high-school vent poetry writings that I did a lot when younger. If I was in high-school I probably would have liked this book, but I am not. I like poetry books that are written ...more
Jalpa Williby
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a moving book full of beautiful poetry. I never really read a book of poems, but I wanted to read this one. I'm so glad I did because truly the author does a fantastic job with each and every poems. There are a couple of short stories in there as well which I enjoyed also. This author is truly talented with her writing and the way she expresses her messages through her poems. It's an easy, short read, but again, each poem will touch you. Highly recommended!
Angela Estienne
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't tend to read much poetry - i need to rectify that. After reading the emotional grip of Angie Martin's poems i need more. She has left me with a burning hunger to read more quality literature in the future.
I'd picked the book up late one evening, a few hours later i finally turned the lights out to sleep having finished the book in one sitting.
This book could appeal to men and women, regardless of age boundaries.
Linkypie
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
Well rounded poetry collection, a very quick read. Enjoyable to say the least.
Ashton Widdison
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I stumbled on this while browsing Amazon on my Kindle. It was a pleasant, comfortable read with beautiful word choice. I liked the poems and really enjoyed "brief love" at the end. Well done work.
Marsha Witt
Jan 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I love poetry and am not disappointed here. I have a few favorites that I'll read over again.
Janet
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Poetry
Shanet Outing
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

I gave this book a 5 stars because it is amazing. The author put a lot of her raw feelings into her poetry. Which makes me want to read even more of her work.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Words
  • Einstein's Cat (Get Your Wordsworth, #1)
  • My Morning View: An iPhone Photography Project about Gratitude, Grief & Good Coffee
  • The Yarn Spinner: A Crossroads Café Short Story (The MacBrides, #2.5)
  • Whispers of Dreams (A Poetic Collection)
  • Salt and Sawdust
  • Psychaotic: See The World In Red And Black
  • Something Smells Like Pee
  • Cinderella Wore Combat Boots (1Night Stand, #31)
  • The Trouble With Kilts (MacLarens of Balmorie, #3)
  • Jonesin' For Action (SEALs On Fire #3)
  • Ambushed (Decorah Security #3)
  • See Me
  • Fly Me to the Moon (Harmony Springs, #0.5)
  • A Happy Accident
  • Bump in the Night
  • Tripped Up (SEALs On Fire, #8)
  • Focus - A Memoir
Awards:
Chrysalis ~ Honorable Mention -~ 2018 Readers' Favorite International Book Awards for Supernatural Thriller

Chrysalis ~ Voted one of the 50 Self-Published Books Worth Reading 2018 ~ ReadFreely

The Boys Club ~ Silver Medal Winner ~ 2015 Readers' Favorite International Book Awards for Suspense Fiction

The Boys Club ~ Voted one of the 50 Self-Published Books Worth Reading 2015 ~ ReadFreely

Conduit
“Goodness knows I have spent more than my fair share of days with a naked face and rat’s nest hair while still feeling good about life, but tonight I am claustrophobic in my own skin.” 2 likes
“Three words and I already love his voice.” 1 likes