Start by marking “The Deadly Seven (The Black Parade, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Deadly Seven (The Black Parade, #1.5)

Read Book

The Deadly Seven

(The Black Parade #1.5)

Short stories from The Black Parade series.

Michael O'Brien. 24. New Yorker. Musician. Archangel in charge of Heaven's army.

It's been centuries since Michael stayed on Earth for an extended amount of time. Now he's here because of Jordan Amador--a Seer who helped him restore his life and memories and thwart the archdemon Belial from taking over the city. With Jordan on Beli
Published May 9th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Deadly Seven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Deadly Seven

Start your review of The Deadly Seven (The Black Parade, #1.5)
Jackie
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is one unbelievable story with perfect characters to make you never want to leave. Enough action to keep you gripped.
Meka♥books
In The Deadly Seven the focus is the seven cardinal sins by Christian standards. The story showcases Archangel Michael's POV and his turmoil over heavenly duties vs. salacious temptations showing him vulnerable.

Because this book is an extension of chapters 15 & 16 from The Black Parade over a two month period, it fills in gaps and/or questions the reader may have regarding Michael and Jordan's relationship.

It was pretty funny to read about an angel who hates to lose to a girl at video games and
Andi
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Deadly Seven is a smart, dark, and witty climb down from pure angelic perfection to a gritty, dangerous, and flawed human existence.

The reader travels down seven rungs of sin through the perspective of an archangel bodyguard. As the protagonist juggles a music career and the safety of his charge, he discovers that human beings cannot march to the same heavenly beat as his army of angels or dance in the twisted darkness of the demons seeking Jordan’s life. Kyoko provides a story for each run
Janet Hecht
The author was looking for reviewers for the next novel in this series, She Who Fights Monsters, and she sent me all three current books in the series for free in exchange for an honest review which was wonderful.

The Seven Deadly is a series of short stories aptly titled with each aptly titled with one of the Seven Deadly Sins. The stories take place between book 2 and book 3 of The Black Parade, the debut novel in this excellent series. The stories are told from the perspective of the archange
Kristen
Dec 20, 2014 rated it liked it
The Deadly Seven is a cute anthology which depicts Michael and Jorden's growing feelings for each other through a series of themed short stories. The short stories are grouped into categories based on the seven deadly sins and have 3 stories for each sin. There are some stand alones and some which are depicted into a sort of chaptered series.

While some of the stories are very nicely written, some seemed forced just to fill a quota. The range from stories are several pages to maybe one or two pa
Isaiyan Morrison
Apr 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the first novel that I've read by the author so I understood the complications of diving in nose first into a world that I didn't understand.

With that being said,I found the book to be an interesting read that I couldn't put down.

I really enjoyed Michael and Jordan's chemistry. The writing was witty, clever, and it kept me interested. Now I wish I would've read The Black Parade first.

This author is very talented and I hope to read more from her in the near future.
tina barrington
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So close yet . . .

Interesting theological thoughts yet the author never goes over the line. It was a good as the first novel. Thanks
Kimberly
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love.... LOve....LOVe....LOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry but that's the best way for me to describe it!
Amanda Lyles
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ghosts
This book of short stories really gave an insight into Jordan and Michael's relationship. Not that the first book was lacking an insight but this really helped it along. I really love this series!
C.C. Hrivnak
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
*Sigh* Michael, good ole Michael! These set of short stories fill in the blanks in between books and the backgrounds of secondary characters to pair alongside the seven deadly sins. It's almost like you're getting to know extended family through in-depth snippets of their lives while delving into the sins which plague humans and temptations toward the heavenly host.

I read each of these short stories in accordance to where they fit into the story line. It made things easier and less hectic. My fa
Read THS with CydneyKaye
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Confession time, for anyone that looks at this book and doesn't read the synopsis I'll let you know that this is book #1.5 in the series. I just so happen to have this book and book one on my kindle, and without doing any research, I decided to read this one first. I will admit that this in-between story didn't spoil much for me, but the excerpt at the back leading up to book two was a bit more information than what I was looking for, luckily I stopped myself.

On to the review, I thoroughly enjo
Tonya Rash
Apr 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A must read

I love this book. I'm hooked going to find them all now to read I can wait to see where the story goes
Coco.V
Apr 15, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/15/2020)! 🎁
Melanie Marsh
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Deadly Seven gives us a peek inside the lives of Michael and Jordan, the archangel and the Seer. We are given a new view of Michael as he struggles with the Seven Deadly Sins after choosing to stay on earth as Jordan’s bodyguard.

At the end of The Black Parade, we find out what the future could hold for Jordan and Michael. The Deadly Seven takes place between chapters 15 and 16 of The Black Parade, so keep that in mind when you read this. At some point I forgot and it got me a little bit con
T.C.
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kyoko M. has done it again with her marvellous writing and storytelling.

I was sent a free digital copy (PDF format) of the book by the author, but I’ll also purchase a print copy of the book as soon as possible as I found The Deadly Seven to be a fantastic book! Before I continue, I must say that the cover for this collection is beautiful! It masterfully captures readers’ intrigue and they will want to pick the book up. And when they begin to read, they won’t want to put it down.

These stories t
Malinda
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book blind, as I did not read The Black Parade. This story takes place over a 2 month period during the first book. It focuses on Michael the archangel and Jordan the seer. It focuses mainly on Michael. Michael chose to leave his post in heaven to protect the only seer on Earth. Michael and Jordan have this amazing, witty, strong friendship. But Michael is experiencing and trying to deal with the 7 sins. Almost all revolving around Jordan. I do not want to give away too many det ...more
K
Apr 28, 2014
Hasien
May 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Authors...: Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy Giveaway 1 9 Apr 11, 2014 05:45PM

• The Vanishing Wife
  • The Thought Pushers (Mind Dimensions, #2)
  • Murphy’s Luck (Murphy’s Luck, #1)
  • The Bear’s Secret Baby (Werebear Ranch, #1)
  • The Thought Readers (Mind Dimensions, #1)
  • Soul Marked (After the Fire, #1)
  • A Caffeine Conundrum (The CafFUNated Mysteries #1)
  • Rags To Witches (Southern Relics #2)
  • Message in the Bones
  • Area Zero
  • Moonshine & Magic (Southern Charms Mystery #1)
  • Seeking Safety (Gateway to Chaos #1)
  • Touching Sin (Las Vegas Sin #1)
  • Good Witch Hunting (Mackenzie Coven Mystery Short #2)
  • Spooks and Spells (Hocus Pocus #1)
  • Jingle Spells
  • Pickups and Pirates (Southern Relics #3)
  • Marc Kadella Series Vol 1-3
Kyoko M is a USA Today bestselling author, a fangirl, and an avid book reader. She has written the Amazon bestselling Black Parade urban fantasy series as well as the Of Cinder and Bone science-fiction dragon hunting series. She has a Bachelor of Arts in English Lit degree from the University of Georgia, which gave her every valid excuse to devour book after book with a concentration in Greek myth ...more

The Black Parade (3 books)
  • The Black Parade (The Black Parade, #1)
  • She Who Fights Monsters (The Black Parade, #2)
  • The Holy Dark (The Black Parade, #3)

Related Articles

“Where are we heading?”
“The closest wooded area to here is Kenwood Academy’s estate. Good place to hide, especially at night.”
“If we’re going into the woods, I definitely need to change.”
I glanced back at her as we returned to the curb where the cab had dropped us off. “Or you could just go home.”
She crossed her arms and avoided my gaze, scowling. “You’re sick of me already? That must be a record.”
I lifted my eyes to the heavens. Women. “This creature tore out a woman’s throat and busted her chest cavity open like a piñata. I don’t like the thought of it being anywhere near you.”
“Did it ever occur to you that I feel the same way?”
Surprise flooded over me. “No, it…actually didn’t.”
“I know I’m not as strong or as smart as you are, but that doesn’t mean I can’t help. We’re partners, aren’t we?”
“Yeah,” I said, and couldn’t stop the smile creeping across my lips. “I guess we are.”
She tossed a quick look at me and frowned. “Quit it.”
“What?”
“I hate it when you do that.”
“You hate it when I smile?”
“No, when you make that, ‘aw, she does have a heart’ face. You look like a Disney prince.”
I laughed. “My bad. I’ll work on that.”
4 likes
“The hit-woman opened the door. No dead body on the floor. Thank God.
I heard an unearthly roar and then Jordan charged Liz from where she’d been hiding beside the door. She tackled her to the floor and stabbed her through the wrist with a small switchblade. The hit-woman shrieked and let go of the gun, allowing Jordan precious seconds to bat it across the room. She landed a couple hard punches to the assassin’s nose, bloodying it, before the other woman got the upper hand.
She grabbed a handful of Jordan’s ponytail and slammed her head into the edge of the coffee table. Jordan cried out, but didn’t let go of the knife. She withdrew it and held it against the assassin’s throat, shouting, “Move again and I’ll kill you, puta!”
Liz panted madly, but stayed put. Jordan glanced up at me. “You okay?”
“Alive,” I said through a grimace. “Not okay.”
“Good enough.” She returned her gaze to the woman pinned beneath her and glared.
“The police are on their way. And not the nice, human police. Angels. Get any ideas about trying to kill me again and you won’t even get to deal with them.”
“I’ve been in jail before,” Liz said, attempting to recapture her former arrogance. “I’ll get over it.”
Jordan leaned down a few inches, lowering her voice. “Really? How’d you like to return without your tongue?”
Liz’s eyes went wide, as did mine. “You wouldn’t dare.”
“You shot my best friend. Multiple times. Lex talionis.”
“You can’t kill me. You’re not a policewoman. You’re just a girl.”
“No. I’m a Seer. You and the rest of your friends had better learn the difference between a sheep and a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Until then…”
She lifted her fist and punched Liz hard in the temple. The assassin went out like a light.
“Vaya con dios, bitch.”