Start by marking “Missing Lily (Books of Dalthia #2)” as Want to Read:
Missing Lily (Books of Dalthia #2)

Missing Lily

(Books of Dalthia #2)

“You don’t know who I am,” I whispered. He didn’t move—either away from me, or closer—and after an interminable moment, I stepped back and hurried out of the house.

He didn’t follow me as I fled into the night.

Lylin is not used to being alone—much less alone, hurt, and lost. So when she is separated from her guard and forced to abandon her horse, she counts herself lucky to
Published May 15th 2014 by Hidden Falls Publishing (first published May 13th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Missing Lily, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Missing Lily

Start your review of Missing Lily (Books of Dalthia #2)
Kathy
3.5

I don’t know if my expectations were too high or maybe I just overanalyzed everything, either way this just didn’t connect with me. I liked the story and even liked the characters, but something was just off. I know a lot of people will enjoy it though so I think this is just a case of “it’s not you, it’s me.”

I liked Lylin and it was fun getting her story. She’s a sweet girl and easily likable, however if I’m being honest she never really showed that she would actually make a good queen, IMO
Katie W
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love a good princess story and this one was no exception. I loved the way this story started off--right in the middle of an adventure. This is a companion book to Just Ella. I don't think you need to read that one to understand this one, but it was fun to see some of the same characters show up in Missing Lily.

Lylin (aka Lily) is the youngest of seven sisters, all of whom are princesses. She is very sheltered and naive about life, but when she's placed in dangerous and scary situations, her na
Jana Miller
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
How do I put into words the things I love about this book? I've read it several times (Annette is actually my sister and I help her edit), and as with Just Ella, no matter how many times I reread it, I get pulled in every time. I'm compelled to keep reading to see what happens next, even when I know EXACTLY what happens next. I get sucked into the relationships she forms, the adorable and witty dialogue, the inner struggles, the forthrightness and courage of Lylin, the irresistible charms of Rhy ...more
Melissa
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved Just Ella this authors first book and I was excited when I saw this one come out. Her books take off right from the start and throw you into a world of Princesses and the men they fall in love with. This book was very enjoyable and filled with lots of fun tension. Her books have wrapped up nicely with lots of detail at the end to lead into another story of another sister and I hope that we will get to hear Lorraina's story next:] I am so excited to have found this author! She has jumped ...more
Erin
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. I will be reading it again. LOVED her characters and they way they pull me into the story. I love their strength but humanness. I truly think she is a gifted writer and cannot wait for more from her!! I hope to hear Lorraina's story next!
Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!)
I have been waiting and wondering and hoping that Annette Larsen would write another book after Just Ella! I was so ecstatic when I found out she had and it was about the same royal family! This story is about Lylin, Ella's youngest sister. Right away I was taken in by Lylin's stubborn nature and her openness. I loved Rhys as a character and how strong, capable and yet mysterious he was. There is plenty of intrigue in this book which I adore and also plenty of romance! The chemistry between char ...more
Melanie
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have not read the first book in this series, Just Ella, but have heard that it's a great read. In Missing Lily, Princess Lylin is the youngest of seven princesses. She gets separated from her guard during a storm and, while being chased, finds a house and makes her way to the stables. She is discovered by Rhys Fallon and tells him her name is Lily. He doesn't get out and socialize much so he doesn't know who she really is. She's able to spend a few days there and enjoys being Lily. She feels a ...more
Toni
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I know all these Swooney Books can't possibly be this good! Hehe! I'm stuck on giving 5 to all my latest books read, but what can I say, this is another " Must Read" for all my daughters. You've got to read this one! So intense and well written, I loved the characters and remembered Ella from her book,and loved hearing more of her story too. This is one that keeps you drawn in immediately right to the satisfying end. Love,love love!
Gabrielle
Considering how much i LOVED Just Ella the was extremely disappointing it was so boring i did not see any chemistry in the romance i was not connected to any of the characters except for Ella and Gavin because i loved them in the first book i just generally did not care while reading this sometimes it was entertaining i just expected more
Tandie
2.5 stars, rounded up. This story had a good beginning, and a lot of potential. Despite some repetitive words and phrases, the writing was good. The last third of the book was all over the place and the ending dragged out to the point of me losing interest. Nothing that a good editing couldn't shape into an excellent story.
Christina
I LOVED reading this author's first book, Just Ella, and this one was just as good!!! Your attention is grabbed from the first page and you're aching to find out how it will all end as you continue to read. This is a book I will read again and again!
Ami
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wonderful. Every bit as good as "Just Ella", the authors first book which rarely happens! Loved every second of this book and I'm sad it is over. Read it asap, you won't be sorry.
Camille
After having loved Just Ella, I couldn’t wait to read the story of her youngest sister, Princess Lylin. While I enjoyed it and thought it was cute, there was something about it that kept me from loving it as much as the first book in this series.

Princess Lylin first meets Rhys after she is attacked and separated from her guard, and they begin their relationship with her keeping her royal identity a secret. Their friendship develops rapidly before Lylin is rescued, and when she finally sees Rhys
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I was so excited to hear about this book coming out! I loved Annette Larsen's first book, "Just Ella", and I just knew I was in for a fantastic read with Missing Lily.

This is a sweet, endearing tale of a princess and a young man who meet under not so ideal circumstances but become friends. Princess Lylin arrives at Lord Fallon's home wet, hurt and alone. He offers assistance and help when she so desperately needs it.

Lord Fallon is all things gentlemanly and kind. As Lily recovers and heals, she
Kimber Wheaton
May 20, 2014 rated it liked it
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Missing Lily is a clean YA fantasy romance with fairy tale elements. It's a cute story with a secrets, a sweet romance, and a nice ending. If you liked Ms. Larsen's first book Just Ella, I think you'll enjoy this sequel about Ella's younger sister.

Lylin is an interesting character. Brought up with etiquette in the forefront of every public action, it's fun to watch her interact with the less rigid Lord Fallon and his household
Maria Hoagland
May 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
First off, I absolutely loved the first book in this series--Just Ella. So I was hoping for more of the same. For the most part, Annette delivered, though I was less than satisfied near the end. My high five favorite parts of the book:

1. Great situation at the beginning. (Not sure that it really got solved in the end, but maybe I missed something.)
2. Awesome main characters.
3. Being a princess isn't always about balls and pretty dresses.
4. The guy and the girl working as equal partners.
5. Love i
Cathleen
Apr 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: regency-romance
I guess I'm the odd one out. I didn't love this book. Larsen's first book 'Just Ella' was so good, but this one was very average and sometimes even boring. The best part for me was the beginning. It grabbed my attention, and was something different and exciting. I wish the rest of the book would have kept up with the intrigue.
Heidi
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Romance

Missing Lily was such a fun follow up to the first book, Just Ella. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved Rhys and Lylin's relationship and how they met. Such a sweet, clean , romance. I can't wait to read more by this author.
Space Cowgirl
Feb 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Man🐺 Who Would Be 👑King

Sweet Historical Style Romance💕 and Mystery in a Fantasy 👑Kingdom.

The Princess👸of Dalthia, Lylin, one of five sisters, is attacked in her way home from visiting. While her guard battles two highwaymen, she races away but is soon lost in the darkening woods. Leaving her horse to confuse the man chasing her, she stumbles through the dark in the rain, and finally comes upon a manor🏰.

Rhys, Lord Fallon, the owner of the house🏰 finds Lylin👸 in his stable, and she feighns am
Olivia
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I read it in two days-I couldn’t put it down! I laughed and cried....the characters and plot twists will leave you thinking about this book long after you read it. Rhys is definitely one of my favorite heroes! I love this author- her story lines are complex and her character development is great!
Valerie Miller
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book kept me on the edge of my seat. It is fun getting to know the characters in this series.
Kelly
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved loved loved this book. It seems these times were simpler times. You were reserved, polite and genuinely tried to find purpose. Sometimes though, your mouth won’t work in telling how you feel because it may be inappropriate. And that leads to hurt and sometimes worse.

I would love to live then, everyone generally being polite. But, I would miss my airconditioning too much!

Missing Lily picks up a few years after Just Ella left off. You don’t have to read that book first to enjoy this one at
Angi Naerebout
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book! I loved Lylin and Rhys. The supporting characters were interesting, difficult at times. The story was a little strange, but it all came together in the end. I'm not sure about the parents...they seem a little oblivious to what's going on with their kiddos.
Jessie
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Missing Lily is the companion novel to Just Ella, which if you haven't read, you should go buy and read it right now! If you absolutely can't wait to read Missing Lily, which I understand, you can read the books out of order. Reading Just Ella first will just give you more background on the kingdom and the Royal family.

Missing Lilly starts when Princess Lylin is on her way home from her sister's and men try to kidnap her. Lylin's guard fights them off, and sends her ahead. After hours of running
Shauna
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
LOVED. LOVED...... LOVED. LOVED. LOVED. THIS. BOOK.

I grew up with the Disney classics of Cinderella and Snow White; and I dreamed of the day that I would be the princess standing next to my knight in shining armor looking to live happily ever after.

Books like this keep that dream alive!

They inspire me to reach for the best and know that within me is a royal princess.

They also help me relax as I simply enjoy a REALLY GREAT STORY!

Princess Lylin finds herself in a very precarious position.

She is hi
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
***4.5 Stars****

This book made me happy. The end.

(Just kidding)I didn't find any reason to not fall in love with this story. The plot is cute, the book has excellent pacing, the characters are very likable, and it is suitable for anyone of any age.

Lylin is a princess who has her own opinions, she thinks and acts quickly and she has empathy for others. She is the seventh daughter and has a close relationship with her sisters.

Returning home from visiting her sister Ella, fromJust Ella, she is amb
Tifferz
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mary
Mar 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I was a bit conflicted about this book. The first third was very sweet, the budding relationship lovely and poignant, the situation interesting. But the middle was frustrating at times. I felt that both Lylin and Rhys could have done more to resolve the barriers to their relationship (especially Lylin), and even as the barriers gradually fell, it seemed little things kept getting in the way to drag things out. The last part was a mixture of sweet and sad. I felt that there simply wasn't enough t ...more
Heidi
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Larsen has delivered another thoroughly exciting romance full of unexpected surprise, some good, some bad. Lylin is a very likable protagonist and one I sympathized with right away. And Rhys, sigh, I have always been a sucker for the good guys and Lord Fallen is definitely one of those. And the romance is everything I look for in a romance, realistic in terms of the struggle with feelings and the complications that can develop around relationships.

The story pulled me in immediately and never let
Charissa
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, royalty
This was a fun, suspenseful romance. Lilyn is the 7th daughter of the king and queen. When she is chased by bandits, she finds herself searching for safety at Lord Fallon’s manor. She conceals her true identity and tells him her name is Lily. Rhes takes care of her as she recovers from her injuries. Rhes and Lily find their attraction and feelings for each other growing, but when Lily learns that he is engaged, her world capsizes and she capitalizes on an opportunity to slip away without a goodb ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Clean Books w/ Damsel in Distress 1 2 Aug 12, 2017 03:09AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 04, 2015 11:06AM

• The Coronation Ball (Four Kingdoms, #2.2)
  • A Princess of Wind and Wave: A Retelling of The Little Mermaid (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #6)
  • Becoming Lady Lockwood
  • Magic Forged (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #1)
  • The Heart of a Vicar (The Jonquil Brothers #6)
  • Magic Unleashed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #3)
  • To Con a Gentleman (Dalton Family #1)
  • A Fine Gentleman (The Jonquil Brothers #4)
  • Drops of Gold (The Jonquil Brothers #2)
  • The Solicitor's Son (Serendipity #3)
  • Magic Redeemed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #2)
  • A Daring Sacrifice (An Uncertain Choice, #2)
  • Fall from Trace (London League #5)
  • Romancing the Rake (Brotherhood of the Black Tartan Book 2)
  • To Catch A Suitor (Dalton Family #2)
  • My Brother's Bride (Serendipity Book 2)
  • My Sister's Intended (Serendipity #1)
  • As You Are (The Jonquil Brothers #3)
I was born in Utah, but migrated to Arizona, Missouri, and Virginia before settling in Idaho.

Though I dabbled in writing throughout school, being an author seemed like an unattainable dream. It took me seven years to write my first book, Just Ella. During that time, I taught myself how to write a novel. Not the most time effective method, but it gave me an education I wouldn’t have received from

Books of Dalthia (5 books)
  • Just Ella (Books of Dalthia #1)
  • Saving Marilee (Books of Dalthia #3)
  • Painting Rain (Books of Dalthia #4)
  • Keeping Kinley (Books of Dalthia #5)