Start by marking “Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor, Vol. 1: After Life” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor, Vol. 1: After Life

Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor, Vol. 1: After Life

(Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor #1)

THE ELEVENTH DOCTOR RETURNS IN AN ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES, WITH A TIME-TWISTING LEAP INTO THE UNKNOWN! GERONIMO!

With a force of personality capable of bending time itself and all the energy of a star’s exploding heart, the Doctor blasts into the hollow, tragic life of a woman with so much to offer – and gives her the chance to scream “Geronimo!” at the thrills, colours and
Published March 31st 2015 by Titan Comics (first published December 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

emily
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ahhh, I just love the Doctor, especially Eleven. I missed him. I think he was written pretty well in these first 5 issues, especially in the last 2. I didn't really like the art in the first 3 issues--it was pretty boring and Eleven looked really creepy. The last 2 issues though were nicer, with thinner sketch lines and a more simplistic style.I like Alice, the companion in this series, especially since she feels different from the companions on the show. Really, not the *best* comic book volume ...more
Kaethe Douglas
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Surely I would have gotten started on Doctor Who if I didn't have kids making me watch it, right? Sometimes I just feel appallingly out of it. But not when I'm reading or watching the Doctor; then I feel out of it in an amusingly clueless way. Sure, bowties and fezzes are cool. How does anyone ever survive their own parents?

Library copy
Zerah
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lässt zum Ende hin ein bisschen nach, aber ich mochte den Band trotzdem ein bisschen lieber als den von Ten :)
Brini
Der elfte Doctor ist definitiv mein Doctor. Seine Abenteuer begeistern mich einfach am meisten. In diesem Band nimmt er die Bibliothekar-Assistentin Alice mit auf seine Reisen und zeigt ihr, dass alles nicht nur grau und trostlos ist. Den Standartsatz über die TARDIS ändert Alice ebenso ab wie es einst Clara tat und überrascht so den Doctor gleich zu Beginn.
"Seien sie nicht so kryptisch... Ich bin kryptisch. Kryptisch ist mein Ding, das können sie nicht haben".
Er versucht sie aufzumuntern und z
Christine
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm in love with these Doctor Who Titan comic series. Good artwork, dialogue that captures the essence of Matt Smith's Doctor and really exciting, fun adventures. My only gripe would be how uninterested the companion, Alice Obiefune seems to be with all the time and space travel and how persistent she is with going home to meet with her landlord when the Doctor is so willing to show her all the universe has to offer. Great fun, nonetheless, and I can't wait for more issues to be released.
Julia
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5 Sterne

Wette 4/5
So, SO viel besser als der andere DW-Comic, den ich lesen musste. Dieses Mal haben sie den Doctor wirklich getroffen. Trotzdem sind die tollen Bilder an mir eigentlich verschwendet, ich habe viel mehr auf den Text geachtet.

Bunny Cakes
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This as a really fun read though it felt like it jumped around just a little too much. For a full review please check out my youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCizd...
Amy "the book-bat"
The artwork was really good and the story compelling enough to draw me in and make me read volumes 1 and 2 back to back, non-stop and into the wee hours of the morning.
♡Allie♡
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Bow ties are cool..... I had to pick this up and give it a read because sometimes I miss the eleventh doctor. This was a fun quick read, not to terribly exciting but also not bad either. The art work is not the best, I mean in Doctor Who's universe they could have done some truly amazing things, you know it could have been crazy and out of this world instead it just seems a little simple.
DoctorFeddy
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: doctor-who
Callie Rose Tyler
Oct 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: doctor-who, comics
The first 2 issues of this volume were fantastic see reviews for #1 and #2.

The companion feels different and interesting (extra points for being a library assistant) and the stories can stand on their own. Then there's the 3rd issue were things take a turn. We get a new companion who is basically David Bowie, well at least he will be some day. Considering Bowie is one of my favorite people I should have loved this, and I did love the various Bowie reference, but overall...

It just didn't work f
N
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: english, doctor-who
The Doctor's characterisation is spot-on, and the book has some great diversity, but I just couldn't really get into it. It's pretty much the same plot five times over followed by the same unsubtle moral (be nice to people and don't treat them like things) each time.

Alice is a great companion, but I was astounded to find out by the end of the book that she's 40. The artists have a whole lot of issues, including — but not limited to — making Alice actually look 40, drawing Matt Smith's face, dra
Shannon Appelcline
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
The best part of "After Life" is the great new companions that it introduces for Eleven. Alice is terrific, but also a pretty standard NuWho companion introduced in a pretty standard way. But also getting a young David Bowie to join the crew. And maybe an artificial intelligence too? That's all kinds of cool (and the type of multiperson crew that I really love). Oh, and Ewing and Williams do a great job of capturing Eleven's voice.

The structure of the stories, with the sting, the credits, and th
Primo S.
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, comics
So this was the first Doctor Who comic I've ever read, I read it few weeks ago when I realized that there won't be any Doctor Who until Christmas, and honestly, I quite like it, the companions are awesome (especially John Jones, and Alice reminds me a bit of Donna, which is good), and I really think that the writers got Eleventh's character quite right, the only complaint I have is probably concerning the artwork, I don't know, maybe it's just because I haven't read a comic in years.
Amanda Thompson
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic job keeping Eleven believable and in-character. The stories feel like they've escaped from missing episode scripts and the Doctor's new companion doesn't feel like a repeat of any of his counterparts from the show. She has some of Donna's spunk, which I love.
Wholly original stories, completely in-tune with the show's feel and quality.
Lisa
3,5 Sterne

Das war traurig und witzig und süß zugleich - jedenfalls die ersten 2-3 Kapitel, danach wurde es etwas langweiliger.
Adam Aufderheide
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought Revolutions of Terror was good, but when I read this, it BLEW me away. The 11th Doctor is my favorite, and I really enjoyed this. It did something I wanted the TV show to do for sooooooo long. IT BROUGHT BACK BESSIE. Bessie was the doctor's car I. The classic series, and it was turned into a monster truck here. I really hope they do this in the show, as it was really exiting for me. The Doctor's new companion was great, and in the whole Graphic novel, there were four different Adventur ...more
Lydia
May 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
The stories feel enough like an episode that I was satisfied. I do feel like some of the chapters jumped for a huge amount of time in places, so it took a second for me to realize what was happening. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention? But there were a few times where I went back in the chapter and still didn't a hundred percent get what was happening right away.

I really liked the companion in this comic. Alice was super fun and definitely different from the type of characters we see in
karenbee
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Rabbit was very excited to borrow After Life from her school library and told me I should read it. I've never read a Doctor Who comic before; the stories in here felt like watching mini-episodes, and I thought Eleven (the last Doctor I've watched) was perfectly in character.

The art was meh for the most part, and there seemed to be issues drawing Matt Smith's face. But Alice made up for it. I liked her a lot. A couple of the issues in this volume were better than the rest, but it was a fun way t
Nancy
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great story. Some lives can be so tied to being a caregiver that a person is just lost when the one they take care of passes away. Leave it to the Doctor to help someone find themselves again with the usual chaos that he always seems to find. This would have made a great tv episode. it is very well crafted and fun.
James Bowman
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, comics, dr-who
These are some of the best Doctor Who comics I've read. The Al Ewing stories, anyway, since he gets the voice of the Eleventh Doctor perfectly. (Rob Williams' story was OK, though.) Really like Alice Obiefune as a companion, could live without the David Bowie analogue. Good stuff. (A-)
Catherine
Nice addition to the Dr. Who story line. Really liked the first two chapters in this collection.
Ian
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'd be more into the show if the arcs were all this fun.
Annie
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Embracing My Inner Geek for Goodreads July Summer Reading Program
Emily
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
This was good. Not super amazing, and I'm not the biggest fan of the illustrations. I'm not positive if I'll continue reading the trades or not. I liked the voices and the plot though.
Shadowsword
May 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
didnt like the art nor the story. 10th art was better although i didnt like it either.
Howell Murray
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Quirkily interesting, and much easier to follow than most of the 11th doctor shows.
Emily
Jan 26, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 - much love for new companion Alice
Sean Goh
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Each issue reads as a self-contained episode complete with villain of the week and moral of the tale. Still a fun romp through the Whoniverse.
Rachel Redhead
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Art is first rate but the story is not as engaging and I was glad to get the end of the book tbh, but the only way is up so I hope.

• Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Vol. 1: Revolutions of Terror
  • Doctor Who: Jubilee
  • Doctor Who: The Fires of Vulcan
  • Doctor Who: Millennial Rites
  • Doctor Who: Spare Parts
  • The Ripple Effect (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #7)

Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor (10 books)
  • Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor, Vol. 2: Serve You