Start by marking “Lethal Letters (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #6)” as Want to Read:
Lethal Letters (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #6)

Lethal Letters

(Books by the Bay Mysteries #6)

Restaurant owner and aspiring novelist Olivia Limoges is busy planning a delicious menu for Oyster Bay’s biggest soiree of the spring. But she’ll need to serve some justice as well after one resident gets eighty-sixed…

Everyone’s got their hands full in Oyster Bay, North Carolina. Aside from two upcoming weddings, there’s also the historical society’s annual fund-raise
Published November 4th 2014 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Lethal Letters, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Jean C. That bothered me as well. She says they don't share a single drop of blood, but his paternal grandparents are hers too.

Juli
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lethal Letters is the 6th book in the 8-book Books By The Bay Mysteries series by Ellery Adams. This is by far my favorite book in the series so far! The plot was suspenseful, interesting and complex. While finding old letters and a time capsule that lead to a mystery is not a new plot device, I liked the creative way it was done in this book. It was a little bit of a different twist on an old standby with lots of suspects, twists and turns.

In my reviews of previous books I have commented that t
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What can I say that I haven't already said about this wonderful and surprisingly good book series? I thought a certain arc was going to go in a predictable direction. But no, it made me go, oh thank you for surprising me book. Much appreciate it.

As for the mystery, I kind of guessed one of the twists what with how much the characters learned as the story went along. Still from book 3 to this, a pretty good cozy series.

That's what I like about the series, something is mentioned or foreshadowed a
Dawn Michelle
One of the best I have read in a long time. Very twisted and dark, with spurts of sunshine and love to smooth it out. I really enjoy this series.
Fred
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lethal Letters is the sixth book in the A Books By The Bay Mystery series.

Another wonderful book form Ellery Adams.

For those just learning of this series, I heartedly suggest that you begin with book 1, A Killer Plot, and read the series in order to get the full story on Olivia Limoges. Adams has done a wonderful job of bringing a somewhat aloof woman to a loving and caring woman she is in this book. With each book you learn more of her past and see her open up.

It's a busy time at Olivia's resta
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**Full Disclosure**

I received a copy of this book free from the author in exchange for reviews on both Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

I've been a huge Ellery Adams fan since I picked up one of her Supper Club mysteries for free on kindle a few years ago. Ever since then, I've read everything she's written that I can get my hands on. She's an excellent mystery writer. The writing is clear, concise and descriptive. There are so many other cozy series that I read book 1 and realize that the author ha
Paige
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This wonderful book is number six in the Books by the Bay series. Ellery Adams has made each book in the series a loving and warm novel. Lots is going on this time. There is the discovery of a time capsule which sets us you for the deep secrets we loved to investigate. Than the upcoming fund raiser adds to excitement. And when Olivia Limoges finds a dead body on the beach we are head long into the adventure. And as always there are lovely warm and personal scenes involving Olivia's friends and f ...more
Jonathan
Easily the best of the series yet. This series started off with an okay book, went to a great book, then had a string of other good, but forgettable books. This book easily changed that. I can't wait to read the next one!
Sonya Watkins
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Vickie
This is my favorite book of the series. Each one is highly enjoyable. They are more than a mystery being investigated. Character interactions and day to day life touches are intricately woven into the story. There is more than one story being told too. Sometimes the events mirror each other.
Olivia has been an intriguing character to get to know. She was bristly in the first book but the reader gets to watch her grow and her bristles smooth in each book. The prickles are what she uses to guard h
Mele
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series. Olivia is a great protagonist. This is definitely my favorite in the series so far. Anything that eludes to a past story or cold case is right up my alley.
Sofie
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Het eerste boek in deze serie waar ik niet vlug genoeg meegezogen werd. Het had me pas écht in zijn greep na 75 % gok ik . Uiteindelijk wel een fijn boek maar toch minder dan de vorige zes. Ik ga de volgende lezen en hoop dat ik er vlugger in mee zal zijn!
Debbie Lester
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ellery Adams fans will be thrilled with the latest Books by the Bay novel, Lethal Letters. The fun and murder center around a 100 year old time capsule found in the walls of a church. This book is a great blend of history and mystery and Adams does a fantastic job with both attention to detail and character development. Readers looking for a story that bring with it a bit of nostalgia and a good whodunit will love this one.

What I liked:

This is one of those series' that has kind of been hit or mi
LORI CASWELL
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014

Dollycas’s Thoughts

Ellery Adams weaves a tangled web of mystery and secrets along with not one but two weddings and big fundraiser in this sixth installment to this wonderful series!

Opening a time capsule starts a chain of events, including a murder that Olivia just has to solve. She was the one that found young Ruthie Holcomb’s body and is not going to stop until she finds out who killed Ruthie and why. She knows the time capsule is key and she also knows that something from that capsule disapp
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I finish the last sentence of the current "Books By The Bay" mystery, I always think about how I wish the book was three times longer, How can Ms. Adams continually write at such a high caliber?, and I notice that I'm smiling!

"Lethal Letters" left me fulfilled. This book had it all a murder or two, romance, family and friend relationships that were torn, repaired, rejoiced and more.

The mystery was truly that a mystery. A time capsule is found in a local church's foundation. It's discovery s
Robyn
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another winner! Olivia Limoges owns a restaurant and wants to be a published author. She suffered heartache in the past and has a secret that she wants to tell her fiancé and friends, but isn't sure how they're going to react. She has her plate full of celebrations, so to take her mind off of everything for a while, she, her fiancé, niece, nephew and her precious poodle go to the beach. While at the beach she and her niece find a body. Olivia is determined to help the police solve the murder. Th ...more
Sallee
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
As always, this series delivers. Olivia discovers a body of a young girl under the pier. She is present when a time capsule is discovered in the church where her chef is going to be married. When the artifacts are on display, she realizes one of the things she saw in the box is missing. Later she finds the young girl is connected to the time capsule. Murders, weddings, drug dealing, and coming to grips with her past has Olivia under pressure. Sawyer Rawlings, Chief of Police and Olivia's fiancé ...more
Vicki May
Oct 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have read several books in different series by this author and, enjoyed them all. Although I haven't read the complete series, I think the Books by the Bay swerves is on its way to being my favorite. I was drawn into Lethal Letters from the first page and didn't want my time with the townspeople to end. The characters are so well developed and written you feel they are or could be your friends. I would live in Oyster Bay if possible. The mystery was all the more compelling because you care abo ...more
Linda Smatzny
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
In this book, Olivia Limoges is engaged to Sawyer Rawlings but has yet to set a date. Olivia and her niece discover a body which is the beginning of a mystery. There is drug being brought ashore, there are murders and there is the arrival of Olivia's birth father in town. The book was a quick easy read.
Theresa Marie
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was blessed to receive this book from the author. This series takes you away to a Beautiful Ocean Village, an elegant lady who is the proprietress of the village, but is down to earth, kind, and an excellent sleuth who will go to any length to save her village, that you the reader want to escape to! Ellery Adams continues to share her gift of mystery writing with this fabulous series!
Fangirl
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy, crime, dog
Reading another book in this series is like meeting old friends. I love the characters in these books and how they develop over time.
Now I have to be patient until the next book comes out.
Great read!
Amber Garabrandt
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Summary:

With two weddings and a garden party for the Historical Society to plan, the town is buzzing. A family trip to the beach leads Olivia and her niece Caitlyn found the body of a young woman on the beach. Ruthie Holcomb led a sad life- taking on work to help her mother and having to meet with her best friend in private because their family didn’t approve. Yet she was strong and artistic…. who could have wanted to harm her.

At the same time Michel is at a wedding venue with Olivia when men wo
Sonia Cristina
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Outro título muito bom nesta série que já se tornou tão querida para mim!

Já se sabe que as famílias são complicadas; há famílias disfuncionais e depois há famílias malucas como a retratada em Lethal Letters. (view spoiler)
Micky Cox
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series just keeps getting better and better. It is interesting how a cozy mystery can weave such personal growth into each book without loosing the cozy aspect of the genre. The mystery or rather mysteries as the books tend to layer more than one mystery into the storyline, often solving a historical case as well as the current creating more intrigue and entertainment for the reader. This book definitely peaked my interest and had me seeking uninterrupted reading time! I can't wait to start ...more
Sue
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a book: personal crisis, town problems, crime escalating, relatives that cause friction in families, secrets, loyalties, promises, and romance. Of course Olivia, and Haviland- her wonderful poodle, are in the midst of the situation. I was rushing to get to the end of this one as I was really worried about how it would all end up and how the author would tie up multiple threads. I really was pleased with the story, the plot, the characters and the ending, This is a really good one- probably ...more
Lacey
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: cozy mystery readers
Shelves: cozy-mystery
I love cozy mysteries. They give me a break from the extra intense murder mysteries that I also read. But this time was so engrossed and so in love with the plot and characters personal stories I never wanted to put it down. It's never a let down when I read this series. Ellery Adams has a way of building a world that you can feel it as your reading. As always I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series and then getting into some of her other books.
Sherrie
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
This was real good book and I enjoyed the history portion of it as well. The ending is great. This has several weddings being planned and also something taking place at the church which opens up something not expected and a few people are murdered by poison because of this. The Bayside Book Writers get together to unravel the murder but also get ready for the weddings and start some new stories.
Joan
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another winner in the Books by the Bay mystery series, restaurant owner Olivia LeMoges and the delightful characters who are part and parcel of Oyster Bay work together to bring about special events, and solve a murder or two.

Characters are well-developed, story line is excellent, suspense at the end is tense, and the ending is satisfying.
Mary
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this book. A great plot, complicated and intriguing. Olivia, Rawlings and their friends are delightful well formed characters that are a pleasure to revisit.
Sherri
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yay! I love reading about Olivia's life.
Jeanie Harper
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book supplied a lot of material - mystery, intrigue, a newness of family and again an unusual method of murder.

A great read, loved it.

• The Marsh Madness (Book Collector Mystery, #4)
  • Books, Cooks, and Crooks (Novel Idea, #3)
  • Booked for Trouble (Lighthouse Library Mystery #2)
  • Faux Paw (A Magical Cats Mystery, #7)
  • The Cat, the Vagabond and the Victim (A Cats in Trouble Mystery, #6)
  • Death Is Like a Box of Chocolates (A Chocolate Covered Mystery #1)
  • Some Like It Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #5)
  • Words With Fiends (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #3)
  • Read and Buried (Ashton Corners Book Club Mystery #2)
  • No Mallets Intended (Vintage Kitchen Mystery, #4)
  • Town in a Strawberry Swirl (A Candy Holliday Mystery, #5)
  • Home for the Homicide (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #7)
  • Familiar Motives (Witch's Cat Mystery, #3)
  • Picked to Die (Orchard, #8)
USA Today and New York Times bestseller author, Ellery Adams, has written over thirty novels and can’t imagine spending a day away from the keyboard. Ms. Adams, a Native New Yorker, has had a lifelong love affair with stories, food, rescue animals, and large bodies of water. When not working on her next novel, she bakes, gardens, drinks vats of coffee, spoils her three cats, and snacks on black li ...more

Books by the Bay Mysteries (8 books)
  • A Killer Plot (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #1)
  • A Deadly Cliché (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #2)
  • The Last Word (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #3)
  • Written in Stone (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #4)
  • Poisoned Prose (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #5)
  • Writing All Wrongs (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #7)
  • Killer Characters (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #8)