Start by marking “Distraction (Distraction, #1)” as Want to Read:
Distraction (Distraction, #1)

Distraction

(Distraction #1)

New Adult/College Contemporary Romance

Aside from the normal changes in her life, college junior, Elle Richards, can always count on her friendship with Tristan. The longing for him to love her back is something she keeps well hidden, even from herself. No matter how many miles apart they are, regular phone calls and texts keep them close…until the day everything changes.

Wi
315 pages
Published 2014 by Untold Press

To ask other readers questions about Distraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Distraction

Start your review of Distraction (Distraction, #1)
Sunniva Dee
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book, in many ways, reminded me of SC Stephen's writing. The way the angst doesn't stop, and you're not sure they'll ever get each other. You want to hit the characters upside the head so they'll understand how they're meant to be. At the same time, it's not fake conflict. No, this is reality based in each character's personality, and the obstacles, in their minds, are real. I kept looking at the page number, going—"Now. They have got to see it!"

Oh, yes, I love me a serious angst fest! When
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)
I was provided with this review opportunity by Xpressobooktours on behalf of Angela McPherson in exchange for an honest review.

This review can also be found on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

“I have loved you since we were kids. I’ve wanted you so f---- bad, but I never told you how I felt because the thought of losing you, even as a friend, terrified me.”

Distraction is the story of two best friends, Elle and Tristan. They have been best friends since childhood and have been in love w
Laura Thalassa
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
O.M.G., what a freaking ride!!! Distraction is one of those books that I think will resonate with most women. It’s secretly loving someone you think is off limits and having to watch them with another. BUT—and oh thank you baby Jesus (and Angela McPherson)—it resolves itself so friggin’ sweetly!

M’kay, here’s the obligatory backstory, for all you peeps that aren’t in the know: Tristan and Elle have been best friends from childhood, and each secretly harbors feelings for the other. Should be simp
Heather Fleet
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*update* Okay, I HAD to read it again after release because, well, it's just that awesome!!

beta read this book and simply put...it's freaking amazing. A brilliantly told best friends turned something more new adult contemporary that brings the angst of course, but adds in so much more than that. Can't wait to post my full review closer to release date. Just know that THIS is a book you can NOT miss. Trust me.
Angela McPherson
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I love this book so hard. That is all.
D. King
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I basically read this book in one day. From 14% in the morning, and finished it that afternoon. It's not a short book, it was just that good, and I couldn't force myself to put it down.

I won't give you a synopsis of the book since many others do that, and I'm just not big on repeating what everyone else has said. So, I'll move onto the good stuff.

I loved this book because the two main characters have been best friends since childhood. They grew up together. Conquered high school together. Lived
stephanie svajgl
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I will admit, there were times in this book when I wanted to slap Elle and punch Tristan; the angst was just so high. This book follows two people who are best friends and secretly in love with each other as they try to deal with their feelings for each other and each other's significant others. This book was very emotional and had a lot of highs and lows, but in the end, there is a happy ever after and for that I am glad. The two mature a lot during the book and it is nice to see. I enjoyed the ...more
Sharon
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-2015
I received this an ARC of this book in exchange for a review.

Elle is going to Texas Tech and Tristan is going to UT. Elle doesn't know it but Tristan is transferring to Tech to be with his fiance. Elle and Tristan have been best friends forever. They are also secretly in love with each other. Neither one wants to risk the friendship by confessing love. After Tristan breaks up with his fiance, he begins to look for a way to make Elle his.

The story is well written. I enjoyed the book. Since this w
Mark
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Disclaimer:I obtained a copy of this book through the Read It And Reap programme.

Hmmm, I found this a difficult book to finish in large fashion because of its stereotypical plot and characterisation. Having said that, although for me this is the books greatest weakness, it may also be it's greatest strength, as it probably dials into the need many readers have for 'star-crossed love' in all of its protean manifestations.

What really drove me to distraction from a character point of view was the
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
* * ARC received on behalf of obsessed by books for an honest review * *

Ok have you ever read a book you wish you could shade in more than five stars, this is one of those books, I started this book around 9:30 and finished around 12:00 read it in one sitting, I couldn't put it down, then I told myself I would do my review in the morning but couldn't stop thinking about this book.
Tristen and Elle had been friends forever, the kind you would go to hell and back for and even when they got older
Rachel Riddles
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Omg! this was a solid 4 1/2 star read for me. Even though I wanted to slap Tristan and Elle a lot I just had to know how it was going to end. I can't wait for the next one!!
J
Feb 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
Best friends falling in love is my favorite contemporary romance trope, and NA seems to be my go-to age genre, so I was really happy to get my hands on Distraction. But my favorite combo didn't do it for me with this story.

My initial impression was that I was being told all about the characters and background without really feeling like I was experiencing it — kind of the difference between watching an awesome movie and having someone try to recite the plot for me. But when I thought about putti
Kat DM
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Reviewed by: Kathleen
ARC provided by an author in exchange for honest review
✩★✩★✩Tristan Stars✩★✩★✩

photo distraction2_zpsc5ef5eaa.jpg

I love this book so much. I'm all for best friends who becomes more than just that. One hot football player, who has been in denial of his feelings for his best-friend is what got my attention and pulled me in from the first page. So much intensity and mixed emotions in this book that at times, I wanted to pull my hair and slap both characters silly to knock some sense in
Coco.V
Jan 20, 2019 marked it as maybe  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/20/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Aside from the normal changes in her life, college junior Elle Richards can always count on her friendship with Tristan. The longing for him to love her back is something she keeps well hidden, even from herself. No matter how many miles apart they are, regular phone calls and texts keep them close…until the day everything changes.

Wide Receiver Tristan Daniels has a good thing going. Much to his, and every single woman’s surprise, he’s in a committed r
Wminbc
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing

For those who love great stories, October 25, 2014

This review is from: Distraction (Kindle Edition)
So much of this story hit me personally...reminding me of young love and life...and that moment of realization when love is true love! Tristan was great, sexy and just right at the right times...Elle, such a good girl (like me)...made this story all that it was...no spoilers, but if you love love, like I do, and want to read an extremely well written story full of emotion ...one click this one! En
Tiffany
Apr 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Athletes + College Romance = You had me at Athlete! :)

Romance Between The Sheets
Please note this review may contain spoilers.

Ok, so I finished Distraction a few days ago and have read a few books since then so I’m hoping I can remember enough about this book to give a decent review. Especially since I purchased it through Kindle Unlimited and have already returned the book. See, this is what I get for not reviewing immediately.

Anyway, Distraction is about Elle and Tristan, who are old childhood friends and are now in separate colleges. The two have had feelings for each oth
Nikki
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
N Swaffar
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Neilliza
*A copy given by author, in return for an honest review.*

Best Friends turns Lovers? This is what this book about. College students Elle and Tristan have been friends since they were kids. They were always very close, they counted on each other, no matter how many miles apart they were they stayed the best of friends. They were each others rock, they would drop anything and everything for each other. They were always in touch either by phone calls or text, until the day every
Lillian
I received a copy of this ebook from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Distraction by Angela McPherson follows the story of Tristan and Elle, two best friends who have been keeping secret their feelings for each other. The story starts with Tristan the football star. He has recently accepted a transfer to Texas Tech to be closer to his fiancé (and Elle). Elle, head over heels in love with Tristan, is just excited that he is coming for a visit. At least she was until he sprung on her hi
Kate
Sep 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
Why is Tristan always punching stuff? He has no control over beating a guy into a bloody mess and he's constantly punching walls when he's talking to Elle. Is this supposed to be hot? Elle should run away.
Jill
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a great book, love the best friends angle, will read those everytime! Especially love them, when I'm so captivated that I can't put it down and this was one of them, need the 2nd book now.
Sara Luck
Sep 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-read
Extremely frustrating and leaves off with a cliffhanger...not thrilled right now.
Maura
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Distraction Book One of The Distraction Series by Angela McPherson – 4 stars
It’s the classic story of boy and girl are best friends since 2nd grade. Boy loves girl. Girl loves boy. Everyone knows it but them. Girl and boy go to different colleges and then end up back on the same campus watching each other date. ARGHHHHHHHHH kids these days, don’t you just want to shake them? Actually, it’s just not “kids these days” as this has been going on for centuries. I think Romeo and Juliet where the only
Renee
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Distraction by Angela McPherson
Stars: 5
Elle Richards has two best friends, Tristan and Alyssa. Tristan and Elle has been best friends since they were in diapers, and they have relied on each other above everyone else. Elle’s feelings for Tristan has evolved into something more, but is scared that those feelings will break their friendship. Tristan is a football star, who just transferred schools so that he could be with his girlfriend. This just happens to be the school his best friend is also a
Luthermilla Ecole
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well about this book.
Meh!!! I am sorry but I did not liked it. The main characters spent almost 90% of the book apart from each other (With other people included) and the whole, I love you but and don't have the balls to say it did not sit well with me. I just cannot do it really. But I will finish the series, but for me is really boring and annoying when the main characters stay apart all the time.

3.5 stars but lets round it to 4, just because they ended up together with no cliffie
Sue
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Distraction
Author Angela McPherson
5 Stars

This story centres around Tristan and Elle who have been friends since childhood and are only now separated through different college choices.

Tristan is now engaged to Kellie. Kellie does not like the closeness between Tristan and Elle and is now feeling even more threatened since they all would be attending the same college as Elle. Tristan has transferred so he can be closer to Kellie. Little does he know that Kellie and his father had more to do with
Sizzling Hot Books
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So, I’ve read Distraction twice now. Once in draft form, and once after it was released. My thoughts the first time through? Holy **** this book is fabulous! My thoughts the second time around? Holy **** balls, this book is even better than I remembered it to be. This isn’t your typical new adult story…even though it really sort of is. The relationship with Tristan and Elle is slow building, but something you can’t help but become addicted to at the same time. A truly beautiful story that is not ...more
Bobbi Wagner
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Distraction by Angela McPherson is a story about undying love that is kept hidden. This story is full of romance, emotion and action. This story is sports romance that will warm your heart and also pull at your heart strings. The characters in this book will pop right off the page and into your life. You will find yourself relating to different things in the story. This story will pull you into a world of hidden love and emotional bonds.

Elle Richards is quiet and doesn't like confrontation but
CarolKat
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Young love just isn’t what it used to be or maybe it is. How can two people live half their lives ignoring the fact they were meant to be together? Well, Tristan and Elle have this down to a science at least until Tristan transfers to the same college.

Tristan is engaged to Kellie and Elle is trying to be in a relationship with Eric, a baseball player. Needless to say seeing each other daily creates stress and problems with their current love interests.

Add into this Elle’s sister Heather, who has
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Shut Up & Read: {Read It & Reap 422} Distraction by Angela McPherson 38 187 Jul 22, 2015 07:15AM

• Hearts and Thorns
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Make Your Move (Hannaford Prep #2)
  • Play the Game (Hannaford Prep #3)
  • Just Drop Out (Hannaford Prep #1)
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High #1)
  • Off Sides (Off, #1)
  • What's Left of Me (What's Left of Me, #1)
  • Dead Girls Don't Blog (Murder Blog Mysteries #1)
  • Another (Voyeur, #4)
  • Chasing Sunsets (Cedar Key, #1)
  • Into the Deep (Into the Deep, #1)
  • Her Cowboy Billionaire Best Friend (Christmas in Coral Canyon, #1)
  • The Trouble with You (Rixon Raiders, #1)
  • Dangerous (Dangerous Trilogy, #1)
  • Cupcakes & Chardonnay
  • What You Did (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery #2)
  • Stranger in Town (Sloane Monroe, #4)
Born and currently residing in Texas, Angela works as a nurse during the day and an author by night. She's addicted to cleaning, coffee, and fuzzy socks. When not spending time with her husband and their three children, working or writing, she's reading a good book or listening to music.

Connect with Angela:
Newsletter: https://app.mailerlite.com/webforms/l...

Instagram: @angela.mcpherson

Facebook:

Distraction (3 books)
  • Addiction (Distraction #2)
  • Interception (Distraction #3)