Start by marking “Love You Forever” as Want to Read:
Love You Forever

Love You Forever

They grew up together, and fell in love along the way. But the night Cole & Rick came out to their parents their lives changed in ways they never expected. Before their romance could stand on its own, they were cursed by the gods to remain together, or die.

What happens when kissing your boyfriend becomes a life or death situation? When you have to stay together no mat
Published April 8th 2014 (first published March 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Love You Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love You Forever

Adrianamae
Nov 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
Story of young lovers who get cursed by idiot gods.
In resentment that they can't be separated, they start hurting each other.
Cole hurts Rick.
Rick hurts Cole
Cheating ensues.
Rick tells Cole he has fallen in love with a woman and he wants to marry her.
Oh goodie...
They find a way to break the curse, so that they can walk away from each other.
Rick gets married. Moves away. He's in love with Jenna. But still worries about Cole. He's so nice...
In the meantime, Cole is in a drunken destructive period b
Kade Boehme
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Stressed me the fuck out durin the separation but wow what a great story. (Forewarning: there's some fantasy to this one but it worked so so well)
Lucy
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this one. I'm not a paranormal fan but in this book the magic/paranormal factor isn't that prominent so it didn't really bother me.

This was one angsty ride and I love me some angst!

We see the main characters fall in love, fall out of love and in love again. Relationships go through changes and I liked that we were able to see that. Despite having the silly magic/fairy element this book actually felt really real to me. The relationship was realistic, you don't always stay crazy i
E.E. Montgomery
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read some early work from this author and immediately put her on my 'to watch' list. The stories were good and showed potential for greatness. The writing, though, missed the mark. That isn't the case with this, her latest work.

Bishop has truly grown as an author in the last couple of years. This story is one of true love, choices, emotional stress and strain and lifelong decisions. It follows the growth of two men from 18 to nearly 40 and the ways they deal with a curse placed on them. And, b
Rurae
I really enjoyed this story. Very different from a lot of books out there. There is a magical element to this tale. There is also a lot of angst, and I love my angst! I felt this story was very true to life in many ways (despite the magical element). The main relationship wasn't easy, at times it was raw and at times hard to read. But that is life. Relationships rarely run smoothly and how boring would it be to read if they did. There are some great twists and turns in this plot.

In many ways it
Jaz
Sep 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Gaby
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review through the DBML program in the MMRomance group.

2.5 Stars

First of all an apology to the author for taking longer than what was stipulated to write the review.. and many thanks to Barb and Shelby for helping me with the extention.

I'm not sure how should I start this. When I read the blurb the idea of gods and cursing caught my eye so I decided to go for it. The first page got me, I was absolutely intrigued and I thought that was a g
Kayci Morgan
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a story about two guys who've just turned 18, are finally coming out to their families, about to head off to college. They have their entire lives ahead of them...

And then they get cursed.

Hate when that happens.

Amelia does an excellent job of twisting the natural with the supernatural. The characters reactions seemed completely realistic and believable. And it was fun watching them trying to maintain a normal life while shackled by a curse that was anything but normal.

And this is a reall
clear skies
This was an interesting idea - and I would have rated it higher but HOLY HELL did this need twenty beta readers, ten editors and another five people to make it perfect. It's a shame when good ideas fall into the shitty trap that is no editing. There are two main characters and I couldn't even remember which was which and who they were and it was basically just a headache to finish.
blub
Caroline Brand
Lisa
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
The book was given to me free by the author for an unbiased review.

Cole and Rick are 2 high school sweethearts who on the same night they come out to their parents are cursed by 2 fae.
The curse means that Rick has to kiss Cole every night at 10pm or face death.
For the first 7 years, they are together but doubts begin to set in as to whether they are really in love with each other or it is the curse which is making them feel that way.
Rick falls in love with a girl and wants to move away and get m
Felicia
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Aimee
Sep 23, 2014 rated it liked it
This title was given in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to the author Amelia Bishop for this opportunity.

Love You Forever is a story about Cole and Rick who have been friends since grade school. They both realized they were gay and become lovers in high school. They both came out to their parents on the same night which went better for Cole than for Rick. When they later met at their private place by the river, they were surprised by two men who suddenly appeared and walked out of the w
Ruthie
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thank you so much author,for providing me with this free copy in exchange for an honest review!

This book.Arghhhh.So.Much.Angst.So.Much.Feels.

Seriously.If anyone asked me if I liked this book or not, I wouldn't be able to tell you.I'm just That confused.But one thing I can say is this is one of those very rare books that actually made me feel.Gawd, you have no idea how much my heart wept for the main couple.

So the starting is pretty much like any other, I suppose.It is just enough to keep you hoo
Tsubaki
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was painful. I wanted to like the characters and the story. Really, I did. I think I managed to kind of succeed. At first, Rick, I pitied, Cole, I wanted to run over with a truck. Preferably a big rig. Sometimes. But then the story gets interesting as the dynamics of their relationship changes with the nature of the curse. By that point, I was just mad at Rick and heartbroken for Cole. It was complicated.

Everything starte
Cryselle
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Examining what happens when a young relationship goes from being the best and happiest choice in the world to being a condition of staying alive occupies this book. Cursed on the night of their coming out, Rick and Cole have two traumas to recover from, plus all the practical matters that go into maintaining the conditions a playful or spiteful character out of mythology can think up.

That Cole and Rick love each other is clear, but when it goes from being their joy to an obligation, things do ge
Brievon
Sep 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
The book was provided for free by the author in exchange for an honest review.

After a particularly emotional evening of coming out to their parents, 18 year olds Cole and Rick are visited by fae who are drawn by the love they feel from the boys. One of the fae reads the boys and says that Cole is loyal with a pure love and Rick will stray and never be satisfied. He curses the boys, saying they must kiss each night at 10 or Rick will “perish alone.” The boys have a hard time dealing with the impl
Angel
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

(view spoiler)
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
**This review contains spoilers**

We meet Cole and Rick on the night they come out to their parents. Coles parents are very supportive and Cole being gay doesn't bother them. Ricks parents, especially his father doesn't take the news so well. He is in fact disgusted with Rick.

Rick and Cole are at the river when A couple of Gods, Dion and Sil show up. They proceed to put a curse on the boys. They suspect Rick will stray, so the curse is he has to kiss Cole every night at 10pm and tell him he love
Liza
Sep 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dbml, m-m, ya-college
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an an honest review through the DBML program.

The entire premise of Love You Forever is fascinating. Rick and Cole are high school sweethearts and on the same night they come out to their parents, they are cursed by a drunk fae, mad that his lover has cheated on him. Every night, at 10pm, Rick is forced to kiss Cole and tell him that he loves him or die. From there, the story gets sticky.

One of the things I liked most about this book was that it span
Suze
Dec 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Suze by: won on Elisa Rolle's blog
Normally give a story with Fae in it a miss as not my thing but I won this on Elisa Rolle's blog and really, the Fae element is a tool to get doubt into the minds of Cole and especially Rick. Rick is cursed to 'stray, never be satisfied' and with the certainty of youth, both boys believe their love will remain true. The committment could have been made by promises etc but quite fun to see them researching myths.
I wouldn't like to say it was one or the other that caused the relationship to fail,
Karen
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars--Love You Forever was good but definitely not great. There were times when I really liked it, but there were more times when I found it to be merely average or even less than average.

I thought the first half moved quite slowly, and while I liked the MCs, I found them, at times, to be rather weak.

This is obviously not a ringing endorsement, and I think that's because, based on reviews, I expected more. In all honesty, I was disappointed.
Cindy
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an original premise for a love story and I found that I really enjoyed it. I liked that our expectations were turned on their head from the beginning and the Fae's prediction. Great job on keeping these characters flawed but lovable.
Andi Otis
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
this book was pretty good. it was a bit out of the norm of what I usually read, but I did enjoy it.
Rebecca Quigley