Start by marking “The Fall (The Reluctant Romantics, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fall (The Reluctant Romantics, #1)

The Fall

(The Reluctant Romantics #1)

Dallas
He was the beginning of my heart . . . and the end of it.
I was only fifteen years old when he claimed it and twenty when he took it with him.
They say what is meant to be will find a way. But when you have changed to the point of no return, how can anything ever be the same?
Seven years later, Dean Martin waltzed back into my life in hopes of resuming what I had fought
344 pages
Published November 28th 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Fall, please sign up.
Kate Stewart The Fall can be read as a stand alone. You do not have to read 212 to enjoy the book, though Room 212 gives background on some of the side characters …moreThe Fall can be read as a stand alone. You do not have to read 212 to enjoy the book, though Room 212 gives background on some of the side characters of The Fall. (less)
Kate Stewart
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Fall (The Reluctant Romantics, #1)
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE+++++++++"WAY TO GO MARTIN STARS"*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author in Exchange For an Honest Review}

This was my second Beta for the lovely Kate Stewart!!
I feel so blessed that she entrusts me with her works of art!
This BOOK!! OMG! I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT FOR YOU ALL TO READ IT!!!!

I have a new book boyfriend and his name is DEAN!
Sorry, I'm gonna have to knock someone off my name because he is getting added! This man is GORGEOUS. A sharp dresser!! And a MASTER at the SEXY TIMES!!! All
Christy
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!!

photo E5B289F1-41A1-4E33-A9D7-F1BD69976652_zpsyjn3wzus.jpg

Kate Stewart excels at writing love stories that are raw and real. Lets face it, love isn’t always pretty and it isn’t always easy. I love her books so much because they portray the more realistic side of love yet still make my romance loving heart happy. The Fall is a fantastic friends to lovers story (the past) and it’s also a beautiful, yet at times angsty, second chance romance (the present).

Dallas and Dean meet in high school. You can tell that they are attracted to each other
A.
4 Stars

Excuse me for a second…

I loved this book. Hard. I literally devoured it.

The writing is great. The story is hot and butterfly-inducing. You can literally cut the sexual tension with a knife. You can almost taste the pull, the first infatuation, the attraction and the chemistry between Dallas and Dean.

I love Dallas despite her indecisiveness. She is strong, book smart, sarcastic and full of pride. Dean's little spitfire.

And Dean. The best description gives us the author herself.
Hi
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.75 stars!

“You are the other half of me. Tell me how to fight for you, baby. Tell me what to do. I’ll do whatever you want. Don’t take my life away from me. Forgive me.”

Dean and Dallas were best friends in high school and then lovers in college. After a whirlwind romance for one year, their breakup ended in devastation for the both of them.

Now seven years later Dean has returned to Texas from New York to get Dallas back. But Dallas doesn't trust Dean and she'll do anything to protect her
Peek At My Book Review
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2015
description

Rating : 4.5 ‘SECOND CHANCE’ Stars

description

My Views : OMG…This is a story that is going to remain with me for a very long time. Squeezing reading between my studying times, I finally managed to finish this one and I am glad I did because otherwise I would have missed out. The Fall is the story of Dallas and Dean who gets a second chance at finding love and rectifying mistakes and Kate Stewart did a fabulous job portraying this. description

Style of writing : Ever since my first book by this author, she continues
Jen
I know I am in the minority with this book, but I found myself very frustrated with the heroine for a huge part of this story. Even though I realize that she was hurt by her "soul mate" when they were younger, and she had a lot more "issues" that happened in her past...I found her behaviour a lot of the times made it so that I just couldn't empathize with her. I realize I am being cryptic; but the bottom line is I do not like posting spoilers and this story has a lot that happens in it..so I wis ...more
4.5 Bring On The Feels Stars

“I’ll still love you,” I said softly. “I’ll still love you in a week, in a month, and in three years. I’ll still love you for the rest of my life.

Even hours after finishing this wonderful story, I'm still a hot mess. There are times I need a book to make me feel and damn if this book didn't deliver the quality angst.

I’d met the love of my life and my soul mate when I was fifteen. I knew that; he knew that. He wanted that girl back.
I wanted to forget she existed.
It
Kim Bailey
4.75 Stars

It made me cry! Dear lord, it made me cry!
Kate Stewart broke my cynical, sarcastic heart into a million little pieces & then glued it all back together again ... and dammit, I loved it!

Although Dean drew me in at the prologue, it took me a few chapters to bond with Dallas. I wasn't sure that I liked her, (as Dean points out later on) she's not an easy woman to love. But I did warm up to her. In fact, I grew to love Dallas. An aptly nick-named Spitfire, she's defiant and defensive. She
Dee Montoya
******5 Beautiful Stars*****

(ARC kindle provided by author in exchange for an honest review)

I fell for Dean and Dallas' love story. Fell for the beauty of the words in this novel. And lastly, I fell for the way Kate Stewart gave life to these characters and through their great pain and immense love she put me inside of the story, making me able to feel it all.

photo image_zpszlzyzvn1.jpeg

Dean and Dallas met when they were both in high school and quickly became best friends. Dallas had a big crush on him and so did he b
S.M. West
4.5 "Ojos estrellados" STARS

This was a second chances, angst-ridden and at times, difficult read for me. I love Kate Stewart's stories and this was no exception although I had my moments with both Dallas and Dean. I vacillated back and forth as to whose team I was on. I had many moments where I wanted to shake them silly for their selfishness and hardheadedness but through it all, I knew their love was true and I so desperately wanted them to have a HEA.

photo the fall_zpsxcguux4o.jpg

The timing is never right for these t
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 It Will Always Be You Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

"I'll still love you in a week, in a month, and in three years. I'll still love you for the rest of my life."

photo 48f8997c-0bd6-4ecd-82da-615dd05d41b3_zpsba4d8i3y.jpg

This is the story about two soulmates who are destined to be together, but find each other at the wrong time in their lives. Dallas Whitaker finds the other half of her heart in Dean Martin when she is only 15. She's a freshman in high school, & he's a senior. They both fall hard for one another, but the timing is never right.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 - 4 ★'s

Bad Timing...that's the gist of this relationship. When we first meet Dean and Dallas, he's eighteen and she's fifteen and he just can't bring himself to go there and then he's off to college. Fast forward a few years and he's a senior at college and she's a freshman. Finally, they can have a relationship and what a relationship it is. Unfortunately, like all good things, it goes by too fast and Dean has to make a critical decision...one that has lasting consequences.

Be prepared for
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
This is a second chance romance story...

"I'd met the love of my life and my soulmate when I was fifteen. I knew that, he knew that. He wanted that girl back. I wanted to forget she existed."

Full review and thoughts to come after release day.

***BETA read for Ms. Kate Stewart***
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

I suspected Kate Stewart was a talented writer when I read Loving the White Liar, but reading The Fall has made me a true believer. It's a second chance love story that well exceeded my expectations.

photo TheFall-Quote_zpskrmo8l27.jpg

The story switches between the past and the present, and it spans a period of over a decade. Dallas and Dean first meet in high school, and what begins as friendship turns into a slow burn romance of epic proportions. It’s the type of delayed gratification that I adore, and the payoff is so
Beverly
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Timing is every thing and for Dean and Dallas it has never been their time. The Fall begins with us meeting Dean in present time and he is still in love with the girl he left back home. He decides to finally go back home and immediately reconnects with Dallas, but it isn’t that easy. Dallas may have never quit loving Dean, but she hasn’t been waiting for him either.

I love and admire that fact that Kate writes her story. The Fall may not be all hearts and flowers, but it's genuine and real. Dalla
Stacey is Sassy
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Didi
I'm so in the minority here, at least amongst my friends, but this didn't really work for me. It's no secret I adore friends to lovers. LOVE THEM. I'll read anything where two people who've had a platonic relationship discover they want...MORE. I love that, just love it. This definitely seemed up my alley, however, it didn't quite create that magic I was looking for.

What worked:
This was well written. I loved Dean's characterization. He was a sexy, smart and charming guy. The ending was satisfyi
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
TITLE: The Fall
SERIES: (The Reluctant Romantics, #1)
AUTHOR: Kate Stewart
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: November 28th, 2015

MY RATING: 5 STARS

Will finish up my review tomorrow

I am FINALLY after one clicking this on release day going to start it tonight..

I've not read anything by this author before but saw a blogger that I shamelessly stalk rate this 5 stars so I can't wait to see what's install for me..

This genre has become one of my all time favorites this year, childhood sweet hea
Kelli C
5 Hard Fallen Stars

This book was an emotional rollercoaster! It was a second chance love story that was filled with right person but the wrong time moments and enough self-sacrificing grandstands to set up the most epic forever love tale. For the lovers of angst and struggle to grasp onto what the heart truly wants this book will rock you!

Kate Stewart has a unique way of creating somewhat flawed characters in that they are so complex and layered that not every peel and discovery is likeable. She
Michelle
Copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 375f120a6e1c5a1fc5a3c32a312ca6_zpsxvhjoz0l.gif

“Best love story I have ever heard. Not one of them is perfect, not one of them is easy, but the good ones are always worth it.”- Room 212

The Fall. I have fallen in love once again with Kate Stewart and her words. And in her newest release The Fall, Ms. Stewart will sets hearts racing as readers are immersed in one unforgettable emotional charged palpable love story of two friends. The Fall is unlike any book that I have read so far be
Michelle
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
The Fall is the story of Dallas and Dean. Two friends turned lovers who spent the first few years of their friendship fighting their feelings and the last seven as strangers. But for that year in between, it was perfection. It was beautiful.

Kate brings us this story of second chance with dual points of views and timeline jumps between present day as the past is slowly revealed throughout the story. I adored this story. I was riding the high of Room 212 (which is the story of Dallas’s parents) a
Beth
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Way to Go Stars
or
4.5 The Doctor is In Stars

So when I know Kate Stewart is writing a new book, I get kinda antsy. If I see her on FB, I'm ready to tell her to get off and go back to writing. When the book is getting close to finished....

And reading The Fall.....

If only life had a DVR button. You know, the way you can pause your show while you go use the bathroom or refill your wine. Don't you wish you could pause life sometimes? Or rewind to see what you missed when you were apart from the o
Dusti Hanrahan
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 'Way to go Martin' stars!
Ok..this is a FANTASTIC 2nd chance love story.
I tend to get anxious over 2nd chance stories because I fear there is only so many times it can be retold. Well..... holy cow! this was amazing, beautiful, gut-wrenching and at times a down right angst overload.

I FELL head over heels for Dr's Dean Martin and Dallas Whitaker. They fell in love at an early age but fought against it for many (rational) reasons. When they finally ended up together in college it was every gir
Jacqueline's Reads
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 The FEELS stars!!!!!!

All of my friends love Kate Stewart. I swear I see that name pop up EVERYWHERE. When I first read the summary of The Fall, I thought to myself, oh my goodness, this is filled with angst.

This is my problem with angst, we do not get along. Angst is like the abusive boyfriend that I can’t say no to. I try so many angst filled books and I end up getting slapped in the face and feeling used. Also, when I read the summary and realized Dean’s parts were in the past … I questioned
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Spitfire Stars!

YES!! Another FANTASTIC friends to lovers/second chance romance that I absolutely loved! This was my first Kate Stewart book, but by no means will it be my last. I'm late to the Kate Stewart fan club, but I'm here now.

Dallas and Dean went to the same high school. They both have feelings for one another, but she's only fifteen and he's eighteen, so he can't act on those feelings. Instead they become best friends.

Dallas and Dean both want to be doctors, so when they end up at the
Amanda
Nov 30, 2015 added it
Shelves: angst, arc-netgalley
I love Kate Stewart's Loving the White Liar. My love for Kate is like 'love at first read'. So, I didn't even really pay attention to the blurb of The Fall before I jumped in.

Dean and Dallas. Their story started when they are in high school, continue in college and resume in their adulthood. Their relationship was filled with a lot of teenage angst due to their age difference when they were younger. Although I have to suffer through reading them being with other people, there is actually no chea
AJ
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it
“We got it right the first time. We just fucked up a little along the way. We weren't perfect— never have been— but we were beautiful. We still are.”

This is an intense second-chance romance, and a rollercoaster read. Honestly, I struggled with this book at the beginning and it took me a while to get into it. I had some heroine issues, and wasn't feeling it as much as I wanted to, but it sucked me in, and dayum!

It’s the story of Dean and Dallas. Best friends in high school, they both ha
Kate

photo Book Cover_zpsg32ye8ek.jpg

I read The White Liar and was just as much on the fence with that one as I am with this one. Please be aware that this is my own personal opinion and in the grand scheme of life and reviews for books it really doesn’t mean a lot.

The blurb had me and the beginning of the book was entertaining as well. But I get lost along the way. I have some really strong and mixed feelings on this one and well I don’t really know how to describe them but I’ll try to break them down.

So I was
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
OMG! this book was freaking amazing. I cannot express how much i loved this tale. Dean and Dallas took me on a wild-and very emotional-ride.
I love the author's work so much and she so rocked this one! This is a second chance romance that will have you on the edge of your seat.
What started as a friendship will turn into a deep love story, but as always, several things will get in the way.
Dallas sees Dean again after years of their break up, but they both know that their feelings for each other a
Saunders
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, 2015
Have you ever encountered a Tornado? That thick mobile vortex of swirling cloud that churns and funnels its way giving no thought for the path it takes or the destruction it leaves behind.

Dean Martin was her tornado since he swirled into her life at 15 and left behind a destructive path by the time she was 20. Broken - Dallas Whitaker swore that no man would ever hurt her again.

7 years later that Tornado was back this time this time stronger and once again crashing into her life but this time D
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Heartbreak Warfare
  • Out of Love
  • Eastern Lights (Compass, #2)
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • Not What I Expected
  • End of Day (Jack & Jill, #1)
  • Sugar & Gold (Dreamcatcher, #2)
  • The Devil Wears Black
  • The Wreckage of Us
  • The Girl in the Love Song (Lost Boys, #1)
  • A Bridge Between Us
  • Dawn of Forever (Jack & Jill, #3)
  • Middle of Knight (Jack & Jill, #2)
  • When Life Happened
  • Fortuity (Transcend, #3)
  • The Revenge Pact (Kings of Football, #1)
  • Frayed Silk
USA Today bestselling author and Texas native, Kate Stewart, lives in North Carolina with her husband, Nick, and her naughty beagle, Sadie. She pens messy, sexy, angst-filled contemporary romance, as well as romantic comedy and erotic suspense. Kate's title, Drive, was named one of the best romances of 2017 by The New York Daily News and Huffington Post. Drive was also a finalist in the Goodreads ...more

The Reluctant Romantics (3 books)
  • The Mind (The Reluctant Romantics, #1.5)
  • The Heart (The Reluctant Romantics, #2)