Start by marking “Bait (Wake, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bait (Wake, #1)

Bait

(Wake #1)

He was trouble from the start, but I couldn't resist.
She was the best kind of trouble. The kind that was so wrong, it felt right.

I’ve tried and failed to stay away from him.
I’ve done everything in my power to make her mine and keep her.

He’s almost impossible to say no to.
She never tells me yes.

We’re always fighting.
When we’re not fighting, we’re… well… m
Published October 13th 2014 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published March 15th 2014)

Start your review of Bait (Wake, #1)
Aestas Book Blog
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED :::

FUUUUUUUCKKKK!!!! Yes, I'm swearing. I need to. This book put my heart through the wringer. I hated it. I loved it. I hated that I loved it. But I just felt so much for it!!! Bottom line: If you want pure, heart-wrenching, addictive ANGST, then throw your judgments out the window and read this book!!!

I'm going to be honest, this was everything I hate reading about wrapped up in a book I didn't want to stop reading. Ok. That's a lie. I did stop. I actually started
Geri Reads
Oct 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
1 star!

I usually don't rate DNFs but this book just failed for me on so many levels that I even if I'd finished this, I still would have given this one star.

I'm sorry but this book just sucked. And it wasn't even because of the cheating. That's only half of why this book failed for me. Honestly, the cheating was the least of my problem. There were just so many things wrong with this book, I can't even begin to list them all here. But in summary...

It was boring. It dragged on and on and on and o
Alexis *Reality Bites*
2 STARS out of 5

It's late I hope this review makes sense. I'll re-read it tomorrow to see.

NOTE: If you can't take the heat scroll to the next review. #Keepitmovin

photo tumblr_inline_ms7154ZyuL1qz4rgp_zps18c12c82.gif

Do you really want me to tell you how I feel???

This book was EXHAUSTING.

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-23939-1366672687-1_zps2e79ad97.gif

Where do I start *scratches head*

*still scratching head*

I really don't know what to say. I almost dnf'd this book twice. I'm nosey though so I finished to see what would happen. I was not pleased.

Bait is the story of how Casey and Blake met, fell completely in lov
Midian Sosa
This book has a lot of 5 star reviews. Fucking bandwagonners.

Let me play it out for you, spoilers ahead!!

1. Bitch has a boyfriend.

2. Bitch meets pansy ass guy in a bar and bang, they have sex.

3. Pansy ass guy has a gf that he was going to break up with and was nice enough to tell Bitch that upfront, Bitch didn't care. He broke up with gf.

4. Bitch GETS ENGAGED TO BF.

5. Bitch GETS MARRIE TO BF, pansy ass guy asked her not to, she did anyway.

6. Bitch goes away with pansy ass guy for like 2 w
Aly Martinez
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love love love love love this book. I'm obsessed with Casey. I officially hate M. Mabie because she gets to have him anytime she wants. Shit. This book was crazyville awesome. Sigh. When does Sail come out?

My name is Aly Martinez and I love red jeans. <3
Candace
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those looking for an emotional, angsty story.
Oh, The Angst!

This book started off great. I loved the witty humor and was immediately drawn to Blake and Casey. Their chemistry was off the charts! I love emotional, angsty reads. So, "Bait" quickly won me over.

Without giving away too much, I'll just say that Blake has a boyfriend when she meets Casey. Although she is instantly attracted to Casey, and they share a night together, she isn't willing to give up her long-term boyfriend, Grant. She also isn't willing to give up whatever she has with
Lo Bookfrantic
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
FREEBIE ALERT 9/14/15
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here are the links to places you can get it FREE… so you don’t have to look.
itunes → https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id93...
B&N → http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bait-...
Kobo → https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...

This book honestly had a combination of Arsen and Thoughtless...so much angst, and heartache I wanted to hit something. I cried so hard at one point my heart couldn't take it anymore.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I honestly did liked the end not exactly what I was expecting but I can dea
Melanie A.
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I saw this book for FREE today (Jan 31, 2020)

It brought me a huge rush of nostalgia. Even after all these years, this story has really stuck with me. I SO HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Be warned: it's not a safe read in any way, shape, or form. It is pure poetry though.

Original review
I finished all three books in this series a while ago. I LOVED THEM! I do admit that I had to take a bit of a break in the middle, because it's true that Blake is an annoying heroine. But wow! I laughed, I cried - I 100% cared
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

“Betty is Trouble. Lou likes Trouble.”

Sooo...heads up, this is a cheating book plain and simple. And when I say cheating, I don't mean just a one time thing, I mean For. The. Whole. Book!

Still interested? Well, cheating usually means a whole lot of angst, hence, the reason why I read it and I loved all that...all except for one small part (which I really hated and have a really bad feeling it's going to come back and bite Casey in the butt!).

There are also a lot of issues that don't bode
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

[image error]

HOLY FUCKING SHITTTTT!!!!! Yes, that’s how I will start this review because OMG I never read a book that I wanted to HATE but at the same time I was hooked ( yes pun intended) and could not put this book down. I typically tend to stay away from books with themes of infidelity because I know it will tear my heart apart but I took a chance with Bait by M. Mabie. And OMFG.. M. Mabie must have casted a magical spell on this book beca
Uniquely Jenn Life & Books
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5/5

This isn’t your happy go lucky love story. This isn’t hearts and flowers love you always and forever beautifulness. This is messy, raw, and gritty. This is emotional, chaotic and unfair. This is a push and pull of epic proportions that will have you turning the pages begging for good to happen. If you have read M. Mabie’s debut novel then brace yourself because this isn’t the same song and dance. M. Mabie is making her characters, and you, work for it.

I was completely shocked by my reaction w
Louise
Oct 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

I was disappointed where I skipped so much of it because I couldn't listen to Blake (female) ramble on and on. I was at the point where I wanted to grab the beeyotch, shake her and then pop her.
She has been waiting for her boyfriend to purpose, and when she knows he will she goes and cheats on him.

She was selfish, stupid, and just disgusting. She goes on and on with her affair, never tells her boyfriend turned fiancee about it. And then she has the audacity to marry him, and keep having an affai
Bad Girls
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review
*****
Full disclosure, I read this book as a beta for the author. Everything I write here I already told her. She wasn't offended.

Mo, you are a heartless bitch. Seriously. I read this book in 3 hours. I failed at the mission you gave me because I was so caught up in the story line. Here I am 2 days later, and I still need blood pressure meds. I haven't been so distraught over a book since Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher. Apparently you two are long lost writer siblings. You definitely have a kna
Anja
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it

O.M.G...this was such an exhausting read...

I don't even know where to begin. This book really put me through the wringer. One minute I loved it, and the next moment it annoyed the hell out of me - especially the heroine!

Nevertheless, I just couldn't stop reading and kinda liked it in the end, I guess??! Or maybe I'm just a masochist *LOL*

Jinx
DNF. I just couldn't take it. I know what the blurb said but...

(view spoiler)
Rebeka Duran
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cheating
This is the worst Heroine I've EVER read!!

It started good.
I thought CHEATING....heck yes!
But this was just so SLOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW
I liked Blake at first too. I was rooting for her even.
Casey was HOT!!
But just lame.
This felt like the same thing over and over in ever chapter.
It didn't ever really make any progress towards anything till about 98%....No joke...
I did enjoy the whole BAIT meaning.

It just makes me frustrated to even think about let alone write about for a review.

So let me just leave off
Toski Covey
Well..well…well..

3 days post read now. I can finally form a coherent thought to write a review. You know every single thing you hate about a book?
Love Triangles, Betrayal, cheating, cliffhanger, severe angst to the point of mental breakdown, ugly cry heartbreak? M.Mabie thought- let's just cram it all into one book and throw it out there! Everyone loves that right??? Well guess what, IT WORKED.

I LOOOOOOVED this book. It's everything I hate, yet everything I LOVE.

THIS BOOK.

It just set a bar of
~Stéphanie's Journal~
Oct 16, 2014 marked it as to-read
I don't like cheating, I don't like love triangle, I don't like cliffhanger but yes I'm going to read this!

description

Paula
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was ok

Edited: I changed my mind again! I think Blake might be one of the worst heroines EVA. Or close to it.

*****
Edited my rating and review after thinking about this book.
*****

GAAAAH! I hate that I liked this book! But I really disliked it at the same time. This book is loaded with FEELS. And the cheating was frustrating. Well, the entire story was frustrating and tiresome. This was definitely a tough book to read.

I have to admit that if it wasn't for Casey, I may not have made it through this boo
K. Langston
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So I'm just chillin' at my desk the other day and I get a PM from my girl,Traci and she's all...HOLY SHIT GIRL...you have to read this book. My friends know know me. They know what I like so I'm all...BRING IT ON SISTER. She tells me as much as she can without giving anything away and shows me her muse for Casey.

SOLD.

I didn't even bother to read the damn blurb before I dove in head first.

HOLY FUCK.

HOLY FUCKING MOTHER FUCK.

This book had me HOOK, LINE & SINKER.

I was invested from the very fi
Michelle
Oct 09, 2014 added it
Shelves: dnf
Courtney
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided by author for an honest review (Thank you)***
***5 Casey deserves the best and maybe its not Blake STARS***

Full review to come during blog tour

For now...

bookcase of emotions photo: bookcase of emotions tumblr_inline_mju4wip1QG1qz4rgp_zpsd5def106.gif

fishing hook photo: Swinging Hook 1bobber.gif fishing hook photo: Swinging Hook 1bobber.gif fishing hook photo: Swinging Hook 1bobber.gif fishing hook photo: Swinging Hook 1bobber.gif

The Chinese believe that there is an invisible red thread that connects you to the people that are meant to meet in your life and that
even though the string may become entangled, or entwined it will never break,
and that those you are meant to meet eventually you will, no matter the time or
the place you are in
Jen
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book captured me hook, line and sinker. I was the worm. It wiggled me in and swallowed me whole. I couldn’t think, couldn’t eat, my stomach was in knots and I I avoided doing anything until the very last word.

I loved it, I hated it, I was furious then I was in love. My emotions while reading were all over the place.

If you’re like me, you love ANGST. You need it to breathe. The more a book makes me want to throw my kindle at the wall, has my heart racing, and me yelling WTF and OMG while I’m
~Dawn~TUG
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy mother of honeybee! What an adventure..wow! This book will make you feel..everything! Full review with release and tour!

**arc received from author for an honest review from Tara and I at http://www.twounrulygirls.com **

Bait Full Review

[image error] photo image1_zps8e3f2004.jpg
Lou
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow what a book. I think I hated it. Actually I loved how much I hated it and I hated how much I loved it.
This was not an easy read for me. But I am at this point in my life that I needed something to shake me and I found just the right book. So many emotions and I have a difficult time to stop thinking about it.

Casey was an amazing character and the author made me feel like this is a real life character. I loved him.
Blake on the other hand was a contradiction. I am ashamed to say that althoug
Linda Cotter
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
So, I finished this book 2 days ago, and had to really let it set in to figure out how I wanted to proceed with this review.
If you want a book that will make your heart hurt, this is the book for you.
If you want a book that will make you feel like you were gutted when you finish, this is the book for you.
If you want a book that will make you fall in love with the bad boy (Casey), this is the book for you.
If you want a book that will make you want to smack the hell out of the heroine (Blake), thi
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 20, 2014 marked it as top-tbr
Cover lust!

He was trouble from the start, but I couldn't resist.
[She was the best kind of trouble. The kind that was so wrong, it felt right.]

I’ve tried and failed to stay away from him.
[I’ve done everything in my power to make her mine and keep her.]

He’s almost impossible to say no to.
[She never tells me yes.]

We’re always fighting.
[When we’re not fighting, we’re… well… making up.]

He makes me laugh so hard.
[I miss her laugh the most.]

I'm a liar.
[She knows the truth, but won’t admit it
Barbara
Oct 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2014
I finished this book because I'm a masochist!!! I hated, really, really hated everything sbout this story...

Blake is an egotistical, superfluous, egoistic, indecisive bitch! while Casey needed to grow a pair! I couldn't believe his PoV, it was too girlish for my taste...

Don't read this if you want to turn the last page and feel a sense of happiness or anything but disappointment!!!
Nance
3.5 star rating - the story moved a bit slow

There's just so much back and forth within this triangle of lovers. It just made my head spin quite a bit. Casey, though, was my favorite. He was such a sweetheart! Blake was a mess. I hope she redeems herself in Book 2. And, Grant was just not my cup of tea. Too wishy washy for me. Looking forward to seeing how the story plays out in the end...
I'm so excited! 2 60 Jun 05, 2014 08:38AM

• The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • Sweet Chaos (Love and Chaos, #2)
  • Fortuity (Transcend, #3)
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • Sweet Dandelion
  • Dismount (Off Balance, #5)
  • Make Me Hate You
  • Into the Clear Water
  • California Dreamin'
  • The Girl in the Love Song (Lost Boys, #1)
  • Baby Girl
  • Teacher (Voyeur, #6)
  • Wilder Love (Love and Chaos, #1)
  • Truly
  • Hello Stranger
  • Bad Boys Break Hearts (An Enemies to Lovers Romance)
  • The Truth about Us
  • One Perfect Touch
M. Mabie lives in Illinois with her husband. She writes unconventional love stories and tries to embody "real-life romance."

She cares about politics, but will not discuss them in public. She uses the same fork at every meal, watches Wayne's World while cleaning, and lets her dog sleep on her head. She has always been a writer. In fact, she was born with a pen in her hand, which almost never happen

Wake (3 books)
  • Sail (Wake, #2)
  • Anchor (Wake, #3)

News & Interviews

“Concave and convex, we fit together like two praying hands. A prayer that begged for absolution and time. We were both sinners and the truth of that hurt. But having her in my arms, her mouth on mine, I couldn’t understand how I’d ever be forgiven. And I didn’t want to be.” 7 likes
“I love you." Who said that? Shit! It was me.” 5 likes