Start by marking “Bait (Wake, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bait (Wake, #1)

Bait (Wake #1)

3.96  ·  Rating Details ·  4,378 Ratings  ·  774 Reviews
He was trouble from the start, but I couldn't resist.
She was the best kind of trouble. The kind that was so wrong, it felt right.

I’ve tried and failed to stay away from him.
I’ve done everything in my power to make her mine and keep her.

He’s almost impossible to say no to.
She never tells me yes.

We’re always fighting.
When we’re not fighting, we’re… well… making up
Published October 13th 2014 by Createspace

Backstage by A.M. MaddenBait by M. MabieSurviving Us by Erin NoelleHandled 2 by Angela  GrahamRowdy by Jay Crownover
Best Romance Books, October 2014
2nd out of 50 books — 122 voters
Thoughtless by S.C. StephensCome Undone by Jessica HawkinsArsen by Mia AsherAvoiding Commitment by K.A. LindeThe Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle
Cheaters
43rd out of 284 books — 588 voters

More lists with this book...

Aestas Book Blog
Dec 21, 2014 Aestas Book Blog rated it really liked it
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED :::

FUUUUUUUCKKKK!!!! Yes, I'm swearing. I need to. This book put my heart through the wringer. I hated it. I loved it. I hated that I loved it. But I just felt so much for it!!! Bottom line: If you want pure, heart-wrenching, addictive ANGST, then throw your judgments out the window and read this book!!!

I'm going to be honest, this was everything I hate reading about wrapped up in a book I didn't want to stop reading. Ok. That's a lie. I did stop. I actually started
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
1 star!

I usually don't rate DNFs but this book just failed for me on so many levels that I even if I'd finished this, I still would have given this one star.

I'm sorry but this book just sucked. And it wasn't even because of the cheating. That's only half of why this book failed for me. Honestly, the cheating was the least of my problem. There were just so many things wrong with this book, I can't even begin to list them all here. But in summary...

It was boring. It dragged on and on and on and o
Alexis *Reality Bites*
2 STARS out of 5

It's late I hope this review makes sense. I'll re-read it tomorrow to see.

NOTE: If you can't take the heat scroll to the next review. #Keepitmovin

photo tumblr_inline_ms7154ZyuL1qz4rgp_zps18c12c82.gif

Do you really want me to tell you how I feel???

This book was EXHAUSTING.

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-23939-1366672687-1_zps2e79ad97.gif

Where do I start *scratches head*

*still scratching head*

I really don't know what to say. I almost dnf'd this book twice. I'm nosey though so I finished to see what would happen. I was not pleased.

Bait is the story of how Casey and Blake met, fell completely in lov
Midian Sosa
This book has a lot of 5 star reviews. Fucking bandwagonners.

Let me play it out for you, spoilers ahead!!

1. Bitch has a boyfriend.

2. Bitch meets pansy ass guy in a bar and bang, they have sex.

3. Pansy ass guy has a gf that he was going to break up with and was nice enough to tell Bitch that upfront, Bitch didn't care. He broke up with gf.

4. Bitch GETS ENGAGED TO BF.

5. Bitch GETS MARRIE TO BF, pansy ass guy asked her not to, she did anyway.

6. Bitch goes away with pansy ass guy for like 2 w
Aly Martinez
Sep 28, 2014 Aly Martinez rated it it was amazing
I love love love love love this book. I'm obsessed with Casey. I officially hate M. Mabie because she gets to have him anytime she wants. Shit. This book was crazyville awesome. Sigh. When does Sail come out?

My name is Aly Martinez and I love red jeans. <3
Candace
Nov 15, 2015 Candace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those looking for an emotional, angsty story.
Oh, The Angst!

This book started off great. I loved the witty humor and was immediately drawn to Blake and Casey. Their chemistry was off the charts! I love emotional, angsty reads. So, "Bait" quickly won me over.

Without giving away too much, I'll just say that Blake has a boyfriend when she meets Casey. Although she is instantly attracted to Casey, and they share a night together, she isn't willing to give up her long-term boyfriend, Grant. She also isn't willing to give up whatever she has with
Loyda
Sep 14, 2015 Loyda rated it it was amazing
FREEBIE ALERT 9/14/15
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here are the links to places you can get it FREE… so you don’t have to look.
itunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id93...
B&N http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bait-...
Kobo https://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebo...

This book honestly had a combination of Arsen and Thoughtless...so much angst, and heartache I wanted to hit something. I cried so hard at one point my heart couldn't take it anymore.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I honestly did liked the end not exactly what I was expecting but I can de
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

I was disappointed where I skipped so much of it because I couldn't listen to Blake (female) ramble on and on. I was at the point where I wanted to grab the beeyotch, shake her and then pop her.
She has been waiting for her boyfriend to purpose, and when she knows he will she goes and cheats on him.

She was selfish, stupid, and just disgusting. She goes on and on with her affair, never tells her boyfriend turned fiancee about it. And then she has the audacity to marry him, and keep having an affai
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

[image error]

HOLY FUCKING SHITTTTT!!!!! Yes, that’s how I will start this review because OMG I never read a book that I wanted to HATE but at the same time I was hooked ( yes pun intended) and could not put this book down. I typically tend to stay away from books with themes of infidelity because I know it will tear my heart apart but I took a chance with Bait by M. Mabie. And OMFG.. M. Mabie must have casted a magical spell on this book becaus
Jenn of Back Off My Books
Oct 13, 2015 Jenn of Back Off My Books rated it it was amazing
5/5

This isn’t your happy go lucky love story. This isn’t hearts and flowers love you always and forever beautifulness. This is messy, raw, and gritty. This is emotional, chaotic and unfair. This is a push and pull of epic proportions that will have you turning the pages begging for good to happen. If you have read M. Mabie’s debut novel then brace yourself because this isn’t the same song and dance. M. Mabie is making her characters, and you, work for it.

I was completely shocked by my reaction w
Louise
Oct 19, 2014 Louise rated it did not like it
Bad Girls
Oct 12, 2014 Bad Girls rated it it was amazing
Review
*****
Full disclosure, I read this book as a beta for the author. Everything I write here I already told her. She wasn't offended.

Mo, you are a heartless bitch. Seriously. I read this book in 3 hours. I failed at the mission you gave me because I was so caught up in the story line. Here I am 2 days later, and I still need blood pressure meds. I haven't been so distraught over a book since Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher. Apparently you two are long lost writer siblings. You definitely have a knac
Anja
Oct 24, 2015 Anja rated it really liked it

O.M.G...this was such an exhausting read...

I don't even know where to begin. This book really put me through the wringer. One minute I loved it, and the next moment it annoyed the hell out of me - especially the heroine!

Nevertheless, I just couldn't stop reading and kinda liked it in the end, I guess??! Or maybe I'm just a masochist *LOL*

Jinx
DNF. I just couldn't take it. I know what the blurb said but...

(view spoiler)
Rebeka Perales
Oct 28, 2014 Rebeka Perales rated it it was ok
Shelves: cheating
This is the worst Heroine I've EVER read!!

It started good.
I thought CHEATING....heck yes!
But this was just so SLOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW
I liked Blake at first too. I was rooting for her even.
Casey was HOT!!
But just lame.
This felt like the same thing over and over in ever chapter.
It didn't ever really make any progress towards anything till about 98%....No joke...
I did enjoy the whole BAIT meaning.

It just makes me frustrated to even think about let alone write about for a review.

So let me just leave off
Toski Covey
Well..well…well..

3 days post read now. I can finally form a coherent thought to write a review. You know every single thing you hate about a book?
Love Triangles, Betrayal, cheating, cliffhanger, severe angst to the point of mental breakdown, ugly cry heartbreak? M.Mabie thought- let's just cram it all into one book and throw it out there! Everyone loves that right??? Well guess what, IT WORKED.

I LOOOOOOVED this book. It's everything I hate, yet everything I LOVE.

THIS BOOK.

It just set a bar of
Paula
May 18, 2015 Paula rated it it was ok

Edited: I changed my mind again! I think Blake might be one of the worst heroines EVA. Or close to it.

*****
Edited my rating and review after thinking about this book.
*****

GAAAAH! I hate that I liked this book! But I really disliked it at the same time. This book is loaded with FEELS. And the cheating was frustrating. Well, the entire story was frustrating and tiresome. This was definitely a tough book to read.

I have to admit that if it wasn't for Casey, I may not have made it through this boo
~ Stéphanie ~
I don't like cheating, I don't like love triangle, I don't like cliffhanger but yes I'm going to read this!

description

Jen ~ Schmexy Girl Book Blog
Nov 22, 2014 Jen ~ Schmexy Girl Book Blog rated it really liked it
This book captured me hook, line and sinker. I was the worm. It wiggled me in and swallowed me whole. I couldn’t think, couldn’t eat, my stomach was in knots and I I avoided doing anything until the very last word.

I loved it, I hated it, I was furious then I was in love. My emotions while reading were all over the place.

If you’re like me, you love ANGST. You need it to breathe. The more a book makes me want to throw my kindle at the wall, has my heart racing, and me yelling WTF and OMG while I’m
Courtney
Jun 10, 2016 Courtney rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided by author for an honest review (Thank you)***
***5 Casey deserves the best and maybe its not Blake STARS***

Full review to come during blog tour

For now...

bookcase of emotions photo: bookcase of emotions tumblr_inline_mju4wip1QG1qz4rgp_zpsd5def106.gif

fishing hook photo: Swinging Hook 1bobber.gif fishing hook photo: Swinging Hook 1bobber.gif fishing hook photo: Swinging Hook 1bobber.gif fishing hook photo: Swinging Hook 1bobber.gif

The Chinese believe that there is an invisible red thread that connects you to the people that are meant to meet in your life and that
even though the string may become entangled, or entwined it will never break,
and that those you are meant to meet eventually you will, no matter the time or
the place you are in your life. Case
K. Langston
Oct 20, 2014 K. Langston rated it it was amazing
So I'm just chillin' at my desk the other day and I get a PM from my girl,Traci and she's all...HOLY SHIT GIRL...you have to read this book. My friends know know me. They know what I like so I'm all...BRING IT ON SISTER. She tells me as much as she can without giving anything away and shows me her muse for Casey.

SOLD.

I didn't even bother to read the damn blurb before I dove in head first.

HOLY FUCK.

HOLY FUCKING MOTHER FUCK.

This book had me HOOK, LINE & SINKER.

I was invested from the ver
~Dawn~TUG
Nov 01, 2014 ~Dawn~TUG rated it it was amazing
Holy mother of honeybee! What an adventure..wow! This book will make you feel..everything! Full review with release and tour!

**arc received from author for an honest review from Tara and I at http://www.twounrulygirls.com **

Bait Full Review

photo image1_zps8e3f2004.jpg
Barbara
Oct 18, 2014 Barbara rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2014
I finished this book because I'm a masochist!!! I hated, really, really hated everything sbout this story...

Blake is an egotistical, superfluous, egoistic, indecisive bitch! while Casey needed to grow a pair! I couldn't believe his PoV, it was too girlish for my taste...

Don't read this if you want to turn the last page and feel a sense of happiness or anything but disappointment!!!
Linda Cotter
Oct 17, 2014 Linda Cotter rated it really liked it
So, I finished this book 2 days ago, and had to really let it set in to figure out how I wanted to proceed with this review.
If you want a book that will make your heart hurt, this is the book for you.
If you want a book that will make you feel like you were gutted when you finish, this is the book for you.
If you want a book that will make you fall in love with the bad boy (Casey), this is the book for you.
If you want a book that will make you want to smack the hell out of the heroine (Blake), thi
Lou
Oct 16, 2014 Lou rated it really liked it
Wow what a book. I think I hated it. Actually I loved how much I hated it and I hated how much I loved it.
This was not an easy read for me. But I am at this point in my life that I needed something to shake me and I found just the right book. So many emotions and I have a difficult time to stop thinking about it.

Casey was an amazing character and the author made me feel like this is a real life character. I loved him.
Blake on the other hand was a contradiction. I am ashamed to say that althoug
Michelle
Oct 17, 2014 Michelle added it
Shelves: dnf
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 23, 2014 Jacqueline's Reads marked it as top-tbr
Cover lust!

He was trouble from the start, but I couldn't resist.
[She was the best kind of trouble. The kind that was so wrong, it felt right.]

I’ve tried and failed to stay away from him.
[I’ve done everything in my power to make her mine and keep her.]

He’s almost impossible to say no to.
[She never tells me yes.]

We’re always fighting.
[When we’re not fighting, we’re… well… making up.]

He makes me laugh so hard.
[I miss her laugh the most.]

I'm a liar.
[She knows the truth, but won’t admit it
Sandra Cortez
Feb 01, 2015 Sandra Cortez rated it did not like it
I'm attempting to formulate words that can accurately describe what I've just endured.

If you are a lover of words, the art of writing, do not read this book. I can overlook some grammar errors, but this? This book is in dire need of an editor. Blatant error. Books like these give indie publishing a bad name. Reading became a parody, I was anticipating a joke at the end. "You've downloaded the wrong book." The joke was on me for finishing and waiting for something, anything that could save the sh
Pick a Book
Aug 16, 2016 Pick a Book rated it did not like it
Shelves: review-resenha
DNF 44%

Parei. Trama fraca. Não tinha um motivo real do porque ela não poderia ficar c o cara. Não convenceu. Estamos no seculo 21, people! Se vc ama outra pessoa e essa pessoa tbm te ama VAI FICAR COM ELE. Se pensar em outros livros desse jeito tipo Kiera e Kellan... dá p perceber a diferença. Dava pra ver que a Kiera amava o Danny de verdade e que era difícil largar o certo pelo duvidoso. A autora tentou criar um drama onde não tinha. Tava obvio que ela não era apaixonada pelo noivo. Mas eu gos
Sera
Apr 09, 2016 Sera added it
Shelves: love-triangle
DNF...no way, can't do it.
I'm so excited! 2 60 Jun 05, 2014 08:38AM
  • Blindness
  • Death of a Rock Star (The Boy in the Band, #0.5)
  • Wrong Girl (Wrong Girl, #1)
  • A Long Time Coming (Perfect Timing #2)
  • Rock Heart (The Vegas Aces #2)
  • Access Unlimited (Access, #3)
  • Tangled
  • Forever Red (Bama Boys, #1)
  • Love and the Real Boy (Coming About #2)
  • Push (Push, #1)
  • Gravity Happens (Forcing Gravity, #2)
  • Rescue Me
  • Deadly Obsession
  • Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3)
  • Stepbrother Inked
  • Muse (Fighting Fate, #1)
  • Hate to Love You
  • Winter (Four Seasons, #1)
7420449
M. Mabie lives in Illinois with her husband. She is the author of the steamy comedy Fade In. Her sophomore release, Bait, is the first book in the angst-filled erotic Wake Series. She writes unconventional love stories and tries to embody "real-life romance."

She cares about politics, but will not discuss them in public. She uses the same fork at every meal, watches Wayne's World while cleaning, an
More about M. Mabie...

Wake (3 books)
  • Sail (Wake, #2)
  • Anchor (Wake, #3)

“It's the bait, Blake. The bait is this outside force that brings these two totally different, foreign, objects together. Neither the hook nor the fish have a choice. We have something like that. We have the bait.” 4 likes
“I didn't have to unfold the paper to know what it was. I'd waited for that moment for so long.” 4 likes