Start by marking “Skyfire (Chasing the Valley #3)” as Want to Read:
Skyfire (Chasing the Valley #3)

Skyfire

(Chasing the Valley #3)

What if you achieve everything you’ve dreamed of – and it turns into a nightmare?

Danika and her crew of refugees finally reach the Magnetic Valley. Will it be the safe refuge and land of freedom they had imagined? When a runaway girl is shot down before their eyes, Danika and her friends realise that this new land is no paradise. They must try to fit in at all costs – even
Published July 2014 by Random House AU (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Skyfire, please sign up.

Start your review of Skyfire (Chasing the Valley #3)
Brenda
The sky catches fire at midnight

When Danika and her friends, Lukas, Maisy, Teddy and Clementine finally reached Magnetic Valley they realized fairly quickly that the land of green plains, of freedom and of safety had been high hopes; and fuelled by rumour which was obviously incorrect. For the very first thing they saw was a young girl shot down and left to die, and it seemed by one of her own people.

When they arrived at the village of Vindurn they discovered they had to be tested – their
Sally906
SKYFIRE is the third and final book in the ‘Chasing the Valley’ series and an amazing end to an edge of the seat adventure, the first two books are ‘Chasing the Valley’ and ‘Borderlands’ both terrific reads. SKYFIRE picks up where ‘Borderlands’ left off and the opening line tells us that the sky over in the legendary safe haven of Magnetic Valley where they’re finally heading is on fire. Danika, Lukas, Maisy, Teddy and Clementine have arrived at the entrance of the valley after using a centuries ...more
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
I absolutely adore the Chasing The Valley series, it's an incredible fantasy dystopian fusion series that is not only engaging, but simply magical. It follows the story of Danika, who lives confined within an oppressive reign of a tyrant, until her family is taken from her. Living life on the streets and seeing the poverty and destruction, has created a tough and passionate heroine. She has nothing to lose, and wants the freedom she so desperately
Tsana Dolichva
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Chasing the Valley: Skyfire by Skye Melki-Wegner is the concluding volume of the Chasing the Valley trilogy. I have previously reviewed the first book, Chasing the Valley, and the second book, Borderlands. It has been a journey I have enjoyed a lot; I don't think I've read anything quite like it before. This review will contain spoilers for the earlier books.

Skyfire picks up only moments after Borderlands left off. I don't think it's a spoiler to say that it opens with the sky (in the distance)
Sherry Mackay
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
This was ok. Third in the series which could have been finished in 2 books or even one big book. Lots of filler and not much action. A happy ending which is great, but just too much of the main character pondering rather boringly.
Naomi Arnold
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading the final saga of Chasing The Valley and learning the fate of Danika's crew. I love the main characters' loyalty, integrity, passion, heroism, and commitment to justice and dreaming for others.
Skyla
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This whole series is amazing!
Harrison
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you can imagine yourself in a book then you know its worth reading
Harper Peart
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Legendary Book and great series with plenty of action and plot twists.
Joanna Burke
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Great plot that keeps you reading, characters that you get to know and care about, interesting magical powers and a strong female lead character. Sorry it had to end....
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
it was a great book
Alice
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
SUCH A GOOD BOOK!

It’s so satisfying when you finish a series with all the lose ends tied up and everything make sense, even if you weren’t expecting it.
Kady
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
My opinion: This book holds all the answeres I've been waiting for. I love it.
The characters: Danika and her crew don't seem to have changed, but if you look at parts from the first book, you see how they're different. I could understand them really good and I'm happy they don't keep secrets anymore.
The Cover/the title: The cover and title are perfect for each other. "Skyfire", the burning red. You can see two figures there, one reaching out for the other. It's reflecting the story, in some
Lauredhel
"People accepted us. Believed us. Just confidence and costumes, and the willingness of others to believe in what they see. But midnight is over, and it’s time for unmasking."

Skyfire is the third book in the wonderful Australian YA fantasy trilogy, Chasing the Valley. Skye Melki-Wegner pulls off a satisfying sequel in Skyfire. Our team of refugees, fleeing dystopic Taladia, finally make it through the treacherous borderlands to the legendary safe haven of Magnetic Valley.

The Valley turns out to
Nara
The sky catches fire at midnight.

Wow, what an incredible conclusion. Honestly, Skyfire was everything I'd hoped it would be and more. This series deserves so much more recognition than it currently does, and I'm going to say that it's probably only underrated because it's only been released in Australia. Some US publisher really ought to snap it up and give it the attention it deserves.

And suddenly I know I have to tell them. I can't just sneak away and never look back. It would be more than a
Charlie
I love this series, I actually think it's one of my favourite series of the past couple of years. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything that I didn't like about this series - except that it's over - and Skyfire was a fantastic way to conclude it.

I liked the pace of this novel, and the fact that Danika's crew finally the land beyond the Magnetic Valley, only to discover that it isn't the paradise they were promised. And why! I really liked the way this novel unfolded, and how it
Lissa
"Skyfire" was a thrilling conclusion to the series. As opposed to the previous installments, the finale kept me hooked the entire time and hence I completed it in a single sitting.

In a way, "Chasing the Valley" reminds me of "The Montmaray Journals" – in that the first few books were average with the finale an absolute page-turner. Although the prior installments weren’t that great, they were needed in how they established relationships and created background information and shared experiences –
Christina Hwang
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ely
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this series is literally one of the best i’ve ever read. every detail of the plot is planned so well, the world is completely original and immersive, and the storyline isn’t stifled by an overbearing romance. the characters don’t make annoyingly idiotic decisions, whilst still being flawed in a way that forces them to develop throughout the story. would give it six stars if i could.
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Katharine is a judge for the Sara Douglass 'Book Series' Award. This entry is the personal opinion of Katharine herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.

I won't be recording my thoughts (if I choose to) here until after the AA are over.
Madeline
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
The third and final book in the 'Chasing the Valley' series sees Danika and her friends pitted against two strong forces in order to stop a war breaking out. The last hundred or so pages took you on a real thrilling ride filled with everything. By the end I was sad to say goodbye to everyone which is extremely hard when the writing is so good!
Courtney
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Courtney by: Becky
Alayne
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This third and final book in the Chasing the Valley trilogy was a great finale. It was exciting and moved fast. The main characters were all very likeable, and the ending was very satisfying. A terrific young adult novel.
Cora Johnson
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a finale! What a twist! The perfect conclusion, despite the tears. (Mine) An amazing series full of engaging characters, fast paced action and a great plot. I couldn't put it down until the last page was turned......
Jennie
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A grand finale to a terrific series - maintains high levels of action and danger, ties many threads together with a satisfying conclusion.
Grace Ashworth-Lawson
Better than the last two. An explosive ending with an epic black ink-in-water boss battle and some feels moments. A little cliched, but overall, not bad.
Becky
Jul 13, 2014 rated it liked it
3.7 out of 5.
Good book.
Justin,   Chung
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought that it was ok
because noone died
good storyline

Lukas shoudve stayed dead

it was a good book
but noone died
Mary
Apr 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lel. Took me ages to finish this book. The ending was quick but I guess it still worked. I would still like to know more about what happened to the characters though...
Chloe
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
this book was amazing. my heart was racing the entire time and i cried a lot. a fantastic end to a fantastic series

• Dr Karl's Short Back  Science
  • Boundless (Unearthly, #3)
  • Karl, the Universe and Everything
  • Twelve Angry Men
  • Poison Study (Study, #1)
  • Battle of the Beasts (House of Secrets, #2)
  • House of Secrets (House of Secrets, #1)
  • The Sky So Heavy
  • The Selection Stories: The Prince & The Guard (The Selection, #0.5, #2.5)
  • Carrie's War
  • Danger Ahead (Friday Barnes #6)
  • The Plot Thickens (Friday Barnes #5)
  • Girl Detective (Friday Barnes #1)
  • Bitter Enemies (Friday Barnes #7)
  • Under Suspicion (Friday Barnes #2)
  • No Rules (Friday Barnes #4)
  • Big Trouble (Friday Barnes #3)
  • Never Fear (Friday Barnes #8)
Hello and thanks for visiting my Goodreads profile! I'm a writer of fantasy/ adventure books from Melbourne, Australia.

If you'd like to get in touch, please come and say hi on Twitter, Facebook or my website.

Chasing the Valley (3 books)
  • Chasing the Valley (Chasing the Valley #1)
  • Borderlands (Chasing the Valley #2)
“What if King Morrigan's obsession was born not of greed, but of fear?” 0 likes
“Can you see it now? Nort & Sons: Fine Bred Foxhawks.'
'You haven't got any sons,' Clementine says.
Teddy winks at her. 'Not yet.”
0 likes