Start by marking “Sinful Secrets (Mine, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Sinful Secrets (Mine, #4.5)

Sinful Secrets

(Mine #4.5)

One year ago, Catherine Donnelly spent a wild night in a stranger's arms. Sexy and mysterious, Jason August broke through all of Cat's defenses. But when dawn came, she ran from his bed, and she never looked back, until now...

Catherine vanished from Jason's life before, and he isn't about to let her escape again. Cat will discover that the only man who can truly keep her s
Published (first published July 31st 2014)

Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
Good thing they were both celibate after their night together or else it would have be cheating since they're married, although the heroine kissed OM while trying to forget the hero, that's all she did. If the hero did that I would have been pissed. So for once the hero didn't even try to forget the heroine with OWs.
Bev
Sinful Seconds anthology

I absolutely LOVED this story, but desperately needed more. A full book rather than a novella would have done their story the justice it deserved and would have definitely garnered 5 stars. I needed more on their first meeting, more on their week together pre-separation, more on what happened during their separation and definitely more on their reunion.
Laura the Highland Hussy
Review posted on Got Fiction? book blog

This novella opens up with Kat tip toeing out of a dark room, leaving her sexy new husband in the bed. But she'd just found out her sexy new husband was planning on a huge betrayal.

Or was he...

Jason actually had been planning on ruining her...or her father's empire more precisely. But then he met Kat. And fell hard. Then she bailed. He never got to explain.

But a year after she left him, a sex tape surfaces, and Kat is pissed that he's blackmailing her over
Laura the Highland Hussy
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the short story from Sinful Seconds

Review posted on Got Fiction? book blog

This novella opens up with Kat tip toeing out of a dark room, leaving her sexy new husband in the bed. But she’d just found out her sexy new husband was planning on a huge betrayal.

Or was he…

Jason actually had been planning on ruining her…or her father’s empire more precisely. But then he met Kat. And fell hard. Then she bailed. He never got to explain.

But a year after she left him, a sex tape surfaces, and Kat is
Lyndi W.
Nov 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star
I skipped Drake's story (#4) because he was suuuch a dick in Noah's story (#3). Just went right on through to this one.

Sinful Secrets has a soap opera plot, which was entertaining but also tedious. Cat doesn't trust Jason until the story is pretty much over. She spends the entire time trying to run away from him or allowing herself to be seduced into staying. It made for a terribly weak character even though she obviously felt like she was taking a stand. I'd have given this four stars if Cynthi
Pamela(AllHoney)
Listed as 4.5 in the Mine series by Cynthia Eden. One year prior Catherine Donnelly woke up married to British billionaire hottie, Jason August. She runs away back to her quiet life as a teacher. Now she is back because someone is blackmailing her with video of her time with Jason. She hopes to appeal to Jason to give her the video believing he is the blackmailer but he denies it.

Since it is only 120 pages long, there isn't a lot of development done on the background of both main characters. The
Larena
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Contemporary, Romantic Suspense

Las Vegas, Nevada

Catherine Donnelly spent a wild night in a stranger’s arms a year ago. Jason August was sexy and mysterious and managed to break through Cat’s defenses. Cat ran from his bed when dawn arrived and never looked back. At least until now…

Now that Catherine is back in Jason’s life he isn’t about to let her escape him again. Cat is about to discover that in a world that has gone made Jason is the only man that can keep her safe. He is also the man that s
Paige
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, nook, 2014-books
I really, really liked SINFUL SECRETS. If it had been longer, I’m positive this would have been a 5star book.

Jason and Catherine were explosive together. The book picks up a year after their amazing week together after Cat sneaks out. I really wish more time would have been spent on their time together a year ago and explain more on how the marriage that occurred.

Cat returns a year later to deal with Jason, whom she thinks is blackmailing her with a video of them together. Bad blood is between
Mara
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: novella, romance
Telling me they had a week-long scorching affair in the past isn't enough to make me believe such a strong love bond. Too short to be much more than meh. Too shallow, too.
Nikki May
Kali McQuillen
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
Would have definitely loved to see this as a full book so we could have got more of their past. What we did get was extremely hot which I know that I will always get from this author.
Chelsea B.
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a super solid romantic suspense!
Zita
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great suspenseful novella…

Catherine Donnelly vanished from the life of the man she married in Vegas a year ago when with the dawn came evidence that all was a lie. But there is no other man like him and she has dreamed of him. Now she must face him again for someone is blackmailing her and she believes it is her husband.

Jason August is a man with many secrets. He has kept tabs on his wife for there is no other woman for him. When she returns to Vegas he is there to save her for he is not the b
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥

I am a huge fan of Eden's For Me series. and one thing I noticed about her characterization of the men in her novel, at least judging by the three books i've read now, is how strong-headed they are. Now Jason August is even more so that he's bordering on obsessed. The story was good but nothing you haven't read before or seen on an episode of CSI and criminal minds. What you'll be invested in is the relationship between Jason and Catherine after their accidental marriage a year ago in V
Theresa
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
4.5
Djg
May 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read in the Sinful Seconds Anthology

Cat returns to Vegas to confront a blackmailer and comes face to face with the past she's tried to put behind her, Jason. She thinks he betrayed her but can't deny the attraction is still unstoppable.
There are secrets and misunderstandings. The chemistry is explosive. I liked the two main characters but I didn't love them, wished for a bit more tenderness and less misunderstanding. Still, love Cynthia Eden no matter what.

Ambrosia
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short, hot read - like an HP plot. Typical uber-hot, Uber-possessive, Uber-rich hero obsessed with heroine. But their relationship faces the seemingly insurmountable hurdle of his need for revenge against her father. Mild suspense - though pretty obvious villain. Still enjoyable, just don't expect too much complexity or depth.
Farah
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books, favorite-books
Loved it loved it loved it and for the one millionth time I freakin love Cynthia Eden's heroes !! The characters were on fire and the villain was worthy of the title. Enjoyed every second of it.
Ally
Aug 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Liked Sinful Secrets. It's a great little novella. Also a nice add on to Ms Eden's Mine series to be read at any time because it only mentions Drake.

Really liked the chemistry between Catherine and Jason and their connection to each other.
Michelle the Romance Witch
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
wow, super sexy, with some fun plot twists, though not real heavy on the emotion on the hero's side, definitely some heartstrings tugged by the heroine
Whispers From
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast read

Last year Cat meet Jason in Vegas. They had a whirlwind affair and married. She found some information about Jason trying to take down her family's business. She slips away in the middle of the night and goes back home.
Now someone is blackmailing her with a sex video and she has returned to Las Vegas. Jason knows the moment she arrives in town and intercepts her at a sex club. She thinks it's him who's blackmailing her but learns different.
Jason has her back in his life, he has no plans
Carolyn
This is a novella that is part of the Mine Series. Eden's characters will draw you in with out fail, the plot is always so suspenseful, the chemistry between the characters are smoking hot and it's so well written that you feel like you are a witness to what's unfolding.
I wish the book could have been longer maybe then it would've given more info into the H/H's relationship. I understand this is a second chance at love book but sometimes the possessiveness was a tad to much and maybe that is wh
LIA  Kh.
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
well well well.. cynthia eden make me surprised! this one full with angst and a good plot as well! and if the ending put something like : "i orchestrated you to kill Nathaniel", it will be more superb! so 3,5 star for great plot with a little miscalculated in the end.
Karie
Aug 26, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a super quick read. Finished it in less than 24 hours. Good little mystery with some steamy scenes. The characters were engaging, but there really could have been so much more brought to this story. Overall, I really enjoyed reading it though.
Angel Padillo
I loved Sinful Secrets! Jason was a perfect character that wasn't too much, and Cat fit him perfectly. I hope somewhere along the was Cat's brother Cameron gets a story.
Felecia Kelly
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5
Corina
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
loved it!
Carole Ann
Enjoyed this book. No cheating HEA. But it sure could have used an epilogue. Also, annoyed that we, readers, were never told or shown H's secrets referenced in the book. Took away a star for this. Still a good read.
Susan Harrowa
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Revenge or love?

Love gives someone the power to destroy you. When it does, and you somehow keep going, how do you decide if second chances are worth the risk of that pain again? Especially if what drove you apart is still right in the middle of your fragile relationship? Add to that, outside forces and people doing their best to ruin you and your family. Do you find courage and trust or run?
  • Mistaken Identity
  • Lumber and Lace
  • Crossfire of Love
  • Lean on Me (The MacKay Sisters #2)
  • Slow Burn (Lawmen, #3)
  • Bound by Her Ring
  • Chaste (McCullough Mountain, #3)
  • Three of Spades (Hamden, #2)
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • Swish (Heart Racer, #3)
  • The Road to Forgiveness (Price, #2)
  • Make Me Crazy (Loco, Texas, #2)
  • Falling In Love With Her Husband
  • Danger Next Door (Red Stone Security, #2)
  • Sweetened With a Kiss (Southern Style, #1)
  • Femme Fatale (Black Rose #2) (Femme Fatale #1)
  • In A Heartbeat (Shameful Regret, #1)
  • Deadly Secrets, Loving Lies
Award-winning author Cynthia Eden writes dark tales of paranormal romance and romantic suspense. She is a New York Times, USA Today, Digital Book World, and IndieReader best-seller. Cynthia is also a three-time finalist for the prestigious RITA® award. Since she began writing full-time in 2005, Cynthia has written over eighty novels and novellas.

Cynthia lives along the Alabama Gulf Coast. She love

Mine (7 books)
  • Mine to Take (Mine, #1)
  • Mine to Keep (Mine, #2)
  • Mine to Hold (Mine, #3)
  • Mine to Crave (Mine, #4)
  • Mine to Have (Mine, #5)
  • Mine to Protect (Mine, #6)
  • Mine Series Box Set Volume 1: Books 1-3