Start by marking “The Last Word” as Want to Read:
The Last Word

The Last Word

Tabby Riley’s online life was a roaring success. Her blog had hundreds of followers, and legions of young fans ardently awaited her every Tweet. Her real life was a bit more of a disappointment. Living in a shared flat in North London, scratching a living writing magazine articles on ‘How To Please Your Man in Bed’ wasn’t where she thought she’d be at twenty-six – especial ...more
Published May 6th 2014 by Carina

To ask other readers questions about The Last Word, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Word

Angela
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Tabitha was playing it safe, blogging from home in her pajamas, going out occasionally with her roommates, and avoiding romantic relationships... Until editor Harry Shulman offered her a job at the newspaper doing real journalism. Tabby did everything she could to avoid the opportunity, remembering the disaster that landed on her the last time she worked for a major news outlet.

The conversations in this book are snappy! Tabitha's convos with her roommates and Harry are quick-witted, and so are
Natalie TBGWP
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know sometimes when you read a book and you connect so much with a character it kinda freaks you out a bit? Well, that's what's happened with me and The Last Word heroine Tabby.

Tabby or Tabitha is a twenty-six year old freelance writer and bloggerific, insecure crack pot. We watch her as she finally starts getting her life back on track after a severe a few years previously. Not only did this effect her career wise, but also in a very damaging mental way. Trying to move on as she's constantl
Michelle Sallay
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Originally on my blog: http://ilovedthisbook.blogspot.com

Utterly and completely charming. I adored this from the beginning and I just loved every second of reading this. I always love me some British Chick-Lit and this one delivered. My biggest disappointment? That I cannot seem to be able to buy a physical copy of the book. It seems to only be available as an eBook! How am I supposed to add it to my ever growing British Chick-Lit collection?

Perfect for fans of Mhairi McFarlane, Sarra Manning o
Jessica
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, chick-lit, romance
Entertaining and fun, good for relaxing!
Sarah W
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second book on the trot by A L Michael, loved this just as much as the first. Smart and comical, it's a great feel good read.
Rebecca
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on http://beccasbooooks.blogspot.co.uk/

Firstly, a huge thank you (for about the millionth time this week) to Carina UK for allowing me access to The Last Word and, of course, to the absolutely hilarious and incredibly talented author A.L. Michael. This novel was nothing short of a complete success, and I didn't want it to ever, ever, ever end! Come back, Tabby and Harry! *crys and crawls across the floor*

Everything about this novel was everything that I just freaking LOVE. Bril
Rachael
A fun entertaining read, nice and light.
Isabell
May 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Originally posted on Dreaming With Open Eyes

I kindly received The Last Word in exchange of an honest review by the Publisher via Netgalley.

I am a huge fan of the cover! This is one of my favourites which Carina UK has revealed so far this year. Beautifully designed and perfectly matching with the book!

Let me introduce Tabitha Riley, also called Tabby, to you, a quirky, lively, young woman in her twenties. She is a journalist and a successful blogger. With her blog she reaches masses of people. T
Ashley
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I grew to love this story much more by the end, when Tabby, the main character, showed some actual character growth and the plot made much more sense. Initially I related to Tabby's lack of self confidence and destructive inner voice, but sometimes it got a little monotonous. For most of the book, it felt like Tabby was either in self destruct mood or head over heels for Harry, and definitely got in her own way a lot...but the ending made up for it. When Tabby thinks over her friends' advice tha ...more
Heather Duff
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Thank you to Carina UK for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review

Tabby is a blogger, her online presence is a roaring success and her followers eagerly await her every tweet about her life, but in reality as she sits in her PJ's typing her blog (hey me too!) her life isn't really as cool as her blog makes out but one thing that is true is the fact she is an awesome writer.

Living in a flatshare in London she makes her living writing articles for magazines along with her blog bu
Lissa
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-books
While in her mid-twenties, Tabby has hit a slump in both her professional and romantic life. Starting out as a journalist, she had a promising career and a dashing boyfriend but both vanished in a distressing turn of events. Now she writes humorous articles to adoring fans on her blog and twitter, lives in her pajamas and drinks a little bit too much wine. Until one day she receives a mysterious email inviting her to interview for a real position at an online newspaper. Enter Harry, a smooth, ch ...more
Alba
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on: http://addictivechicklit.blogspot.com...

This is a great summer read, quick, easy and it will make you laugh. It actually reminded me of the movie Never Been Kissed, don't ask me why though... Well maybe because Tabby is a clever girl who tries to prove to herself and to the world that she can be a good journalist and an even better person but somehow manages to hurt her loved ones and has to use her words to try and make everything right. As I said, you'll devour it in one
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tabby had a very successful blog, hundreds of twitter followers and was writing for a paper until her involvement with her editor and an injunction changed her life.

After being publicly humiliated and jobless unsure on where her life was heading Tabby is offered a new job with an online publisher and learns the hard way that not all editors and men are the same.

I really enjoyed this book and found it was written in a very modern way with the use of online media platforms and really enjoyed the
Tegan Siân
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I first came across Tabby and Harry in 'If you don't know me by now' and thought gosh I'd love to find out how these two got together. Then as I searched for another book by this brilliant author I found 'The Last Word' and I was so excited. Loved these two characters. The thing I love about A.L Michael's lead characters is that they are so relatable. I just fell into this book and loved every minute of it. A wonderful read that I'm telling everyone to check out.
For a full review on this as wel
CwtchUpBooks
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read a really lovely romantic story in a while so I was really glad I picked The Last Word to read next. A really gorgeous book with a brilliant will-they-won't-they-of-course-they-will frisson between the main two characters. (I always LOVE those!)

Really easy to read and get involved with the characters' and their relatable dramas. Couldn't put it down! Five Stars.

Copy received via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Spuffed
This was a good little romance. I enjoyed the characters enough and they were relatable. I wasn't really feeling the heat between the two- not in a terribly passionate way, it felt more like I tripped into them as a pair. Still, good writing from the second book from this author that I've read but not as good as the first one I read.
Kim Tarry
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-books
A smart and witty book with a good look at modern 20 something year olds and how they can often live their lives more through social media than physical speech. Tabby is very hot headed and finds it hard to control her emotional state of mind which she has every reason for after what happened to her. Some interesting twists. Romantic, sarcastic and hilarious in many parts.
Jul 31, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, I enjoyed this book. The author avoided some clichés, totally hit some others. I get so sick of the dysfunctional mother/daughter relationships that seem to be de rigueur in chick-lit books, and the over-drinking that's also a standard motif.
There were a couple of twists I didn't see coming, so all in all, not a bad read.
Rachel Gilbey
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic book. Very funny book and I had a smile on my face reading the whole of it.

Loved the interactions between Tabby and Harry, and also the characters of the 2 best friends Rhi and Chandra.

Well rounded set of characters, and loved Tabby's writing style too.

Very impressed by this book.
Pinaz
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I got a chance to start 'the last word' last night and then instead of going back to sleep when I woke up stupid early finished reading the whole lot. I've had to stop myself giggling too much in case I woke my partner up. I loved the lovers tiffs so much as well as the genuinely funny interactions between Tabby and her friends!
Melissa
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

I loved the relationship between the two main characters. The supporting characters added their own charm to the book. This was a perfect book to just relax, have a laugh or two and escape with.
Katlyn Duncan
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a great book! I really enjoyed this story from start to finish. I adore the hate-to-love romance trope and Michael did it flawlessly. I look forward to more from this author!
A.L. Michael
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Umapranam
rated it did not like it
Oct 08, 2016
Feb 07, 2015
Elaine
Oct 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
A L Michael is a writer, currently living in Watford. She has a BA in English Literature with creative writing, and an MA in Creative Entrepreneurship, both from UEA. She also has an MSc in Creative Writing for Therapeutic Purposes, where she researched the usefulness of therapeutic writing with those in recovery from eating disorders.

She writes books about women who are trying to figure out their