Start by marking “Out of Reach (Love Hurts, #2)” as Want to Read:
Out of Reach (Love Hurts, #2)

Out of Reach

(Love Hurts #2)

Andy and I had been best friends since we were eight-years old.
Watching him slowly fade away, ever closer to his final breath, made me so incredibly angry. I knew there was nothing I could do to change it--I had given in to despair, but Andy had not. He had one last hand to play.

He wasn't going to simply sit back and wait for Death to claim him--not Andy. He was going to
Published May 7th 2014 by Missy Johnson

To ask other readers questions about Out of Reach, please sign up.

Start your review of Out of Reach (Love Hurts, #2)
Missy Johnson
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
*** HUGE SALE ALERT!!! ***
#SALE #FREE #99CENTS #KU
Love Hurts is a series of COMPLETE standalone novels that will make you cry. To celebrate the upcoming release of Don't Hold Back, I have the first three books on sale.
Always You: FREE>> http://a.co/3XaRVol

Release Date: May 7, 2014
Rating:4 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

This book right here…it will slay you. God. I can’t even explain how emotional I got. Through half the book I was blinking my eyes, gritting my teeth, and attempting to swallow the lump that was lodged in my throat in an attempt to hold back the avalanche of feels this book causes.

I started out thinking this was going to be a forbidden romance-a
Heather
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Heather by: Nicole

This was one of those books that was beautifully painful. I hated every minute of the pain and loss. But when I come out on the other side, I was so grateful that I read this little gem. Please don't let the heavy subject matter scare you away. It was totally worth it.

Andy and Seth have been friends for as long as they can remember. They grew up with each other and are as close as brothers. Emily moved to their neighborhood and they took her into their duo and they became a trio. When Emily

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Out of Reach by Missy Johnson
4.5 stars!!!

“Life was just a game and the end result was death. There was no way around that. No restarting things because you were playing it badly. You had one shot, and that was it. I wasn’t sure I wanted to play anymore.”

I have to admit that this is my first book by Missy Johnson but I can honestly say it won’t be my last. This is one of those books that you know you have read, personally I had a lump in my throat from start to finish, copious amounts of tears an
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
MY RATING: ☆☆☆☆ "OUT OF REACH" by Missy Johnson

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Complimentary copy provided by the author "Missy Johnson" in exchange for an honest review.

First of all what is it with these bloody authors trying to make me cry!! I didn't blubber cry but I did leak a few!! This is such a sad, funny, emotional story..

My best friend Andy was on his death bed and I had it bad for his girlfriend Emily, these two guys had been friends since they were about 8 years old so they were pretty tight..

Andy didn't want to
Tiana
I stopped reading at the 30% mark and just skimmed the rest. Out Of Reach was a poor excuse of a book to raise sympathy out of readers. This book was unrealistic and held no emotion.

I was disgusted when Em said she loved Andy, but wasn’t sure if she was IN love with him anymore because he was dying—this was said after she took notice of the days they had not had sex, and how his illness had affected his appearance. How fucking heartless!

“Two hundred and forty-eight days: that was the last time
Liz Lawson
This is the first book I have read by Missy but now have all her books on my wish list. This book is a keeper, will definitely read again and again.
Extremely emotional read, great writing, I felt like I was Emsky. I so loved Andy, witty, charming and caring. At times I resented Seth but also wanted Seth to have his HEA. Lots of tissues required. Forever, "I will remember you" Andy.
Lindsay
Hole-E-Crap. That was awful. And it was amazing. And emotional. And heart breaking.

The first time I saw a teaser for this book, I knew I had to read it. But the more teasers and facebook posts I saw about it, I got scared. It’s never a good sign when writing a book makes the author cry. I mean, if it does that to her, what’s it going to do to me!? The answer: Gut me. Completely.

I’m not giving anything away by saying that someone dies. That information is in the blurb. It’s also stated on the fir
Sammy ⭐️
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: stand-alone, 4-star
4 Stars

This is a story that although quite short is packed full of emotion. It's a story that makes you think about life, about how the people around you contribute to making it the best it can be. It's also a story that tears your heart apart, stamps all over it and hands you back the broken pieces to put back together.

Emily, Andy and Seth have been inseparable for the last 14 years. Even though Andy and Emily are a couple Seth has always been a huge part of their lives. But Seth holds a secr
Mara De Guzman
5 Tearjerker Stars!
ARC received for an honest review

I would like to start my review by saying… prepare your heart, mind, and soul and have a box or two of tissues for your tears and a fluffy pillow to embrace when you start reading this book. Effin’ amazeballs, Missy Johnson!

Out of Reach is a stunning, poignant, extremely moving story about friendship, life, death, acceptance and love.

There is not enough words I can write on how much I was left awestruck and a sobbing mess while and after readi
Irene
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Out of Reach is one of those books that will stay in your thoughts for a long time. It's a beautifully poignant story that had me feeling strong empathy for all three characters or should I say friends. The way Missy wrote this book made me feel like I was going through every painful bittersweet emotion with them.

Andy has terminal cancer and his last dying wish is that his girlfriend Emily and best friend Seth find happiness together once he's gone. All three of them have known each other since
Nadine ShelfLove
On .99c for a limited time!! --> http://amzn.to/1uXHbNf
4.5 Heartwrenching Sobbing Touching★

This book...this little book made my heart hurt so bad I wanted to hide in a hole and never come back out. I was in pain. I was suffering. I could feel the unfairness of life through the pages; through the emotions of the characters. This is one special story that will stay in my heart forever.

I knew when I read the blurb that this book will tear me up...but it was worse. It felt as if someone was poking
Tanya Vought
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book about life, death, moving on, friendships, and more that will grip you until the very end!!
* Be prepared to have shed a few tears- so have a tissue or 2 handy while reading*
You see 3 best friends: Andy, Seth and Emily. They all have been best friends for years! They are inseparable. However, there is a secret that Seth has kept from Andy and Emily. However, no matter how much he loves his best friend, Emily- he can't tell her. Even now on this trip Andy wants them all
T.
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-received
Wow what a beautiful story. A must read.

This is the story about three best friends and a love so real and beautiful. This is the story of Em, Andy, and Seth.

What do you do when your best friend is dying? What do you do when your boyfriend is dying?

Andy has the love of his life and his best friend and life would be great if he wasn't dying of Cancer. Knowing he only has a few short weeks to live he pulls the two people that matter the most to him to live out his bucket list.

Andy, Seth, and Em go
1-Click Addict Support Group
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Missy Johnson, my lord woman! You turned me in to a big blubbering mess while reading this book. I didn't just cry at one part, I cried pretty much throughout the entire book. You have penned a beautiful story of life, love, loss and second chances.

These characters are so true to life, I felt like I was right in the scenes and going through the same emotions they were. I cried, I laughed, I cried and then I cried some more. But at then end of the story I was left smiling. What a bona fide amazin
Lexi Buchanan
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Missy Johnson's work, but this has to be the best one yet.

Right from the prologue I had tears in my eyes and they continued pretty much throughout.

Andy has accepted that he's dying, but what he can't accept is leaving his girl, Em behind. He NEEDS to know that she's taken care.

The trip he asks his girl and best friend to take him on is for their benefit mainly. He doesn't want them to remember him as being sick, he wants them to remember his final days as being happy. So with a weird sens
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Soooo...pretty much look like a baby crying right now. It's not a good sight to see if I'm being honest lol.

I need some time to write my review after reading something that was so deep and meaningful. Out of Reach was such a beautiful book. Will I even be able to give it justice??

I sure hope so.

*Review copy given to me by author in exchange for an honest review
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Book Gifted for Honest Review

Tissues... do not go into this book without them... they're a MUST because this one will have a lump firmly lodged in your throat from start to finish and the waterworks will definitely come no matter how hard you try to suppress them. This was such an emotional yet beautiful story that will absolutely touch your soul and make you appreciate every second you have with those you love.
Life was a game and the end result was death. There was no way around that.
Athena
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 cried my eyes out stars!!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This story will have you crying, smiling, and sighing once it's all over. Andy, Seth, and Emily have been best friends since grade school. Andy and Emily have been a couple since high school, but Seth has loved Emily since the first time he saw her as the new girl walking into their classroom. Only Seth never did anything about his love for Emily and because of his loyalty to Andy he pushed his feelings aside.

At the age of 26, Andy is dying of cancer! He knows h
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

F*ck Cancer! This is the overwhelming theme in Out of Reach by Missy Johnson. I've personally witnessed a loved one suffer with this awful disease. The author does such an outstanding job describing the physical and emotional aspects of cancer, that I imagine she has experienced the same in real life.

This is the heartbreaking AND heartwarming story of 3 best friends, Andy, Seth and Emily, inseparable since middle school. Eventually Emily and Andy fall in love, and sadly find out he has
Becky
Apr 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-books
*ARC provided by author for an honest review*

2.5 Stars

This book was a mixed bag for me. While I loved the concept and felt it had great potential, it kinda fell flat for me. There was somethings that just didn't work for me as a reader, which I felt caused me not to connect to the characters in the way I wanted. I didn't feel the emotions I should have. And for me, that connection and emotions that come along with it, are everything as a reader.

Like I said, the concept was a great one. Seth has
Hooked On Books
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a very beautifully written story about Andy,

who is sadly dying of cancer at 23 years of age. He

knows he really only has a matter of time left, so decides

that he will get his girlfriend Emily & his best friend Seth,

to help him complete his “Bucket List”.

Throughout the story we learn just how much the three

friends really love each other, and just how Andy’s

imminent death & how they will cope after, is affecting

them.

This is by no means a doom & gloom story. This is a

story of true lo
-C-
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the most emotional books I've ever read! It hurt my head to read it at times. Emotions are all over the place!
Amazingly beautiful and tragic story line. I love books like this, I felt every word in my heart with this story!

***

Have your tissues ready, because they will be needed!!

“You k
Amanda Lee Disheveled Book Blog
Such a very sweet, sad, story about dying and how loved ones move on after. The love story between Emily and Andy is sweet and sad and you'll more than likely shed a few tears, the maid in our host home in Guatemala was watching me like something was wrong with me. :) Then there is Seth, sigh, he was sweet and actually understanding of a lot of things and when he finally gets to be happy with Emily I was very happy for all three of them.
Christine
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the saddest books I've read in a long time, but still a lovely read.
Emily's letter to Andy at the end just finished the story of perfectly.
Lanie
heartbreaking and emotional!
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a book! I laughed, cried, and everything in between. As caretaker to someone who passed, some of the scenes were tough to get through. I loved how the story unfolded and the characters developed. The friendship and love territory was hard to navigate but it was done well.

All in all a wonderful journey.
Rebecca
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I know it’s going to sound strange due to the fact that one of the characters is dying of cancer, but this is one of the most heartwarming stories I’ve read in a long time. Yes, it’s tragic, and I teared up more times than I can count, but at the end of the story, I had the biggest smile on my face. This book epitomizes the idea of making every day count…of living life to the fullest because life is short, and it’s meant to be appreciated and experienced fully. It’s about facing fears and overco ...more
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
Read and reviewed for: Perusing Princesses Blog
Website: www.perusingprincesses.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/perusingprincesses
Twitter: @peruseprincess

Out OF Reach is a powerful and beautifully written story of love, loss and new beginnings. A final destination and one dying man's wish will touch your heart, brand your soul and live with you long after the final page. Touching, funny, honest and emotionally charged, invest in tissues because this is a 2014 must read!!! ~ Kelly, Perusing Princess
PAULA
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OUT OF REACH by MISSY JOHNSON

This is my first Missy Johnson & I must say she nailed it. She delivered and delivered good.

Out of Reach is a story of friendship, love, loss and moving forward and loving again. This story is quite emotional and I think with stories similar to this, it will always be emotional and will give you that lump in your throat while reading the whole book. I finished this in one sitting. Every scene, every chapter will make you somewhat feel what the characters are going t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Where has Mummy Gone?: When there is nothing left but memories…
  • Innocent: The True Story of Siblings Struggling to Survive
  • The Sinful King (Naughty Royals, #1)
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Queen Takes Queen (Their Vampire Queen, #3)
  • Queen Takes Rook (Their Vampire Queen, #4)
  • Queen Takes Triune (Their Vampire Queen #6)
  • Queen Takes King (Their Vampire Queen, #2)
  • Queen Takes Checkmate (Their Vampire Queen, #5)
  • Queen Takes More (Their Vampire Queen #7)
  • Queen Takes Knights (Their Vampire Queen, #1)
  • Southern Storms (Compass, #1)
  • King  of the South (Belgrave Dynasty, #1)
  • For the Love of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #3.5)
  • Crimes of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #3)
  • Magic Unleashed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #3)
  • Magic Redeemed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #2)
  • Cocksure Ace (Cocky Hero Club)
Missy lives in a small town in Central Victoria with her husband, and her confused pets (a dog who think she's a cat, a cat who thinks he's a dog...you get the picture).

When she's not writing, she can usually be found looking for something to read.

Love Hurts (4 books)
  • Always You (Love Hurts, #1)
  • Words Left Unsaid (Love Hurts, #3)
  • Don't Hold Back (Love Hurts, #4)

News & Interviews

“You can’t choose who you fall in love with, but you can choose whether you act on those feelings.” 16 likes
“Just because a person has gone, it doesn’t mean they won’t live on in your heart forever.” 7 likes