Start by marking “The End of Feeling” as Want to Read:
The End of Feeling

The End of Feeling

Benjamin Nefer seems to have it all. He’s the most popular guy in school, the star quarterback with college scouts looking at him, his grades are near the top of his class, he can get any girl he wants . . . but he hides behind his dream life to mask the nightmare of his reality.

Charlie Austin is the new girl. Forced to move in with a bitter aunt, she only wants to protect
Published March 31st 2014 by Creative Prose Publishing (first published March 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The End of Feeling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The End of Feeling

Start your review of The End of Feeling
Mysza
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is a story about Benjamin and Charlie. Benjamin is the star quarterback, most popular guy at school, good student, confident and smug. He is also known for his heart breaking tendencies, girls throw themselves at him, he uses them and then leaves behind without a blink of en eye. Charlie is the new girl in school, she catches Ben's eye, but to his amazement, she doesn't fall for his cheesy lines.

With such basis, I was thinking I would get some angst and high school drama and sweet love sto
Kerri (Book Hoarder)
Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and give this 4.5 stars, because a;lsdkjfas, this book.

I'm sitting here at work and I actually teared up a little because this book was so sweet and heartwrenching, from start to finish.

Every once in awhile a book comes along that takes two flawed, so incredibly real characters and weaves a story about them that's emotional and amazing. This is one of those books, at least for me.

If you read the summary of the book, it actually tells you a lot about the plot, in a
Karina Ramirez
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen-books, arc
3.75 Stars

Charlie is the new girl in town, after her grandmother passes away both her mentally ill mother and her move in with Charlie's aunt. Charlie refuses to be a burden, not accepting help from aunt to take care of her mother. She doesn't trust anyone to do it after her mother was sexually assaulted in a home for special needs adults thus resulting in her creation. She certainly won't entertain the idea of putting her mother away again much to her aunts dismay.

The last thing Charlie is t
Samantha
I received a copy of The End of Feeling via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 stars.

Benjamin Nefer has become skilled at the art of putting on an act. No one would guess what waits for him almost every night. Charlie Austin is just as skilled at keeping people away.

This book starts out pretty typical. Heartbreaker boy (Benjamin)sets his sights on the new girl. New girl (Charlie)knows she should stay away and brushes off his advances. Both of them carry secrets that they believe n
CeCe
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
Where do I even start with this book.

I really expected it to be good.. but I am so disappointed..

The writer had every cliché in YA romances written in this.. it's typical angst-filled book with troubled main characters who somehow connect and make each other better.. it was all been-there-read-that to me. Nothing new!

The thing that could have helped the book the most was heavy editing. It's 50+ chapter of cliché storyline that test your patience mainly. The longest I can see it be is 30 chapters
Shannen Camp
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The End of Feeling is a remarkably heartfelt and touching story. I instantly fell in love with Charlie and, against my better judgment, fell in love with Benjamin as well. The struggles in their story bring to light the fact that beauty and truly miraculous things can be found in the everyday, and that the most important thing any one of us can possess, is love. I really don't know how else I can possibly say that I loved this book, but I did. Cindy always writes these very dynamic characters th ...more
♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)
You can read this review and more on my blog:

This book tried a little too hard to be serious. It dealt with some very serious issues, but reading about how the characters dealt with their problems just didn’t feel natural.

Benjamin is a star football player, the most popular guy in school, and a complete womanizer. His life see
Carrie Gulledge
Mar 14, 2015 rated it liked it
**This review may contain spoilers. Read at own risk.**

I'm not entirely certain how I feel about this book. The writing was pretty good, the main characters were well developed for the most part, and I applaud Bennett for taking on some harder issues while trying to still write an essentially light teen romance. But...

I don't know how much experience Bennett has had with people with special needs. My youngest brother has Down Syndrome, and my best friend growing up had a little brother who's bir
Julie

Check out my other reviews at Little Miss Bookmark!

I don't have any friends that have read this one so I really had no idea what to expect. Especially since I've never read anything by this author either. What I found out is that Cindy C. Bennett writes about horrible stuff. Horribly tragic stuff. I don't know if I would be able to write things like this. Most of the book was completely heart wrenching and I just don't see how she didn't dread getting up in the morning knowing that she was going
Tessa
I don't even know where to start with this book. It felt so inconsistent and useless that I couldn't even care.

Benjamin is such a cliche and, to be honest, so is Charlie. They remind me of Alex and Britney from Perfect Chemistry, just less entertaining that them. I cannot call this story anything besides cliche. And the writing is for 16 years old, accentuating the character's outer features but describing them in simple words when it comes to their internal feelings/aspects. Really disappointed
J
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. A wonderful story again about high school age students which is the norm for a Cindy Bennett book. Also norm is no overt sex. Ben has been left by his mother to live with his extremely abusive father. The mother needed to get Ben's younger sister and herself out of the house before the father killed them. She mistakenly thought Ben was old and strong enough to take care of himself. Ben has hated her for never coming back for him. He has also become the campus lothario, the star footba ...more
Michelle Chamberlin
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Be sure you have tissues handy! Cindy Bennett does a fabulous job of tugging at lots of heart strings with this novel. Finding out what happened to Charlie and Benjamin became extremely important to this reader! You will love this book!
Carrie (Bears Read Too)
This review was originally posted on "Bears Read Too!"

My Thoughts Green swirls

I am going to start with a huge PLUS... that cover is so awesome!  It's crisp and so meaningful.

Now, let's get to the book.

I'm really torn with this one.  I loved Cindy C. Bennett's first (to me) book,  Heart On A Chain.  It was phenomenal.  I loved it. I'm not comparing the two books because that's not right, but after being so happy with Heart On A Chain I was very excited to read The End of Feeling and
Vikki Vaught
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Musings

I thoroughly enjoyed this emotionally charged story from start to finish. I am so glad I found this book. I will be looking for other books by this amazing author. Happy ☺reading 📚!
Kiesha
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

It was a great read not to much angst but it’s there. The story behind Ben’s family made me cry. The friendship and love between Ben and Charlie is relatable and real
BookHookup
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ana: 5 stars! This is a story about secrets. It’s a story about how we can make assumptions about people and what their lives might be like. It’s a story about surviving all that life can throw at you. And, ultimately, it’s a story about how even a messy life can have a bright spot…and even people who believe they’re too broken can experience happiness. The emotion meter on this book is off the charts.

Both Charlie and Benjamin have baggage that other people their age don’t have. Benjamin deals w
Rin ♔
• 2.5 stars •

He's Benjamin, Benjamin Nefer, the guy all of my friends warned me about. The guy who, on my first day here, tried to ensnare me. Who would use me and dump me at moment's notice.

I'm gonna be very frank: I almost died from boredom because of this story.

Benjamin Nefer is that guy in school. He thinks he's God's gift to the female kind, he's a jock, he breaks hearts. He's the stereotype of what a popular guy is. But underneath that façade, he's an unfeeling bastard (ha!) and actually s
Karla
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! I don't usually read contemporary or whatever the genre is for The End of Feeling, because I usually live for the high fantasy/paranormal etc, books. But every once in a while I stumble on books like these and I while I don't like all of them, but I ended up loving this one.

This is your typical story about a guy is a playboy-who breaks girls hearts and not interested in a real relationship- and the girl who is immune to his charms and not interested him at all. Benjamin pursue
*P
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Star Review

This was a very unique story of the hot guy falling for the new girl. See Benjamin, said "hot guy" is really damaged and after being hurt, he refuses to feel. He uses girls and has quite the reputation, but they just can't seem to stay away from him. Enter Charlie, she is the new girl and like Ben she has her own secrets that keep her a little distanced from others. The two enter a relationship based solely on friendship but things change and feelings start to develop.

I loved that
Krista (Miura Haruma-san, I will always miss you)
This book was tolerable, and I say this as someone who used to love romance but now avoid it like the plague. That doesn't mean it's good. It's all right.

But seriously, let's talk about Ben's dad. No. Just no. I get that the author wanted to make his home life all sad and pitiful so that he could be excused for his womanizing ways, but if you're going to go the sad and pitiful route, you have to follow through and make it believable. And no, I don't mean that Ben (view spoiler)
Sara
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received The End of Feeling from Netgalley for free for an honest review.

Charlie and Benjamin both have secrets they hide from others out of fear of what others will think of them. Some secrets are bigger than others. Charlie hides that she's a diabetic so no one will treat her like she's sick. She hides that her mom is like a child. Innocent. So no one will make fun of her, or think Charlie is the same way.

But Benjamin hides that his dad beats him nearly every single day. He hides by putting
Norlin
Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
While this might seem like a typical story of a popular jock trying to win the heart of a pretty yet "tough nut to crack" new girl, there are a few things that makes it different. Unlike most Y.A books that always seem to focus on how sexually attracted the guy and/or girl is to each other, this one focused more on feelings or in Ben's case; the lack of it.

Ben is the popular playboy who goes by the rule of only going on a date with each girl twice before dumping them. It doesn't say that he slee
Adele
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

We start of this story with Benjamin’s point of view. We learn right away that he has a tough home life. In turn, this affects his life in general. We then see another point of view. We meet Charlie. Forced to live with her aunt, the only thing she wants most in life is to protect her mother from the worlds cruelty.

Forced to overcome their fears, they grow close. Feelings that weren't meant to happen, happen. It gets
Drita
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Thanks to the Publisher @ Netgalley for free gifting this nicely written tale.
Life is full of challenges no doubt about it, getting up and facing them everyday its a gift we got to be thankful for. Beautifully told story, great dedication and thank you for pouring your soul to us.
Sherry Gammon
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful mess this story is. Tragic, heartwarming, uplifting and thought provoking. The End of Feeling is one of those stories that will endure, will stay with you long after you have read it. I touching story of love and enduring. Great job, Ms. Bennett...again!
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Good story! Satisfying and emotional. Clean! I really enjoyed this one.
Content: physical abuse with some description, mention of rape and molestation
Angie Workman
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cindy's a great writer, and I always enjoy her novels, but I really liked the depth and uniqueness of this book's subplots. ...more
Fari
I definitely had problems with it that I can't ignore but it was still pretty good and I liked it. :)

Review to come.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Broken (Broken, #1)
  • Four Doors Down
  • Connected (Broken, #2)
  • Count on Me (Count on Me, #1)
  • Hear Me Now (Count on Me, #2)
  • Not with the Band
  • Take Me with You (Count on Me, #3)
  • Serial Hottie
  • One of the Guys
  • Play With Me (Grover Beach Team, #1)
  • Crowned with Guilt (Remember the Reaper, #1)
  • The Wreckage of Us
  • For the Love of English
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
  • The Avery Shaw Experiment (Science Squad, #1)
  • Cleansed with Fire (Remember the Reaper Book 2)
  • Sweet Dandelion
  • The Tattered Gloves
Cindy C Bennett was born and raised in beautiful Salt Lake City, growing up in the shadows of the majestic Rocky Mountains. She lives with two daughters, and three dogs. She also has two sons and two daughters-in-law. She volunteers her time working with teen girls between the ages of 12-18, all of whom she finds to be beautiful, fascinating creatures. When she’s not writing, reading or answering ...more

News & Interviews

“I look around the strange entryway, allowing myself one moment of longing for my grandma and her home, where we lived until her death a month ago.” 0 likes
“in the” 0 likes