Start by marking “Great Strides (Growing Roots, #3)” as Want to Read:
Great Strides (Growing Roots, #3)

Great Strides (Growing Roots, #3)

Willie has finally found her father, and he's welcomed her with open arms. Now she must forge a relationship with the man she never even knew was alive. It isn't just him, however, Willie must also find out how she fits in with her step-mother and half-siblings. Left in Alabama with no close-in-age peers, Willie makes great strides in finding out who she is as an ...more
Published April 1st 2014

To ask other readers questions about Great Strides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Great Strides

Start your review of Great Strides (Growing Roots, #3)
Michelle
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
One year ago an Author asked me to read her books. They were short novellas the story centered on a young girl named Willie and her finding out about her heritage as a Native American. Chelsea Falin was actually my first blog tour on my blog so when she asked if anyone was interested in reading the 3rd book in the series how could I say no. This is a story that has so much heart and some really amazing characters that after a year I still think about them. I was so very excited to be able to ...more
Veronica Bates
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You know how you read a book...and you get sucked in...and you hit the last page without realizing it? When it feels like you just fell off a cliff? Yeah that is how this book is.

I have now finished the 3rd installment of this series. It only gets better.

A real coming of age story. Chelsea has an amazing gift for bringing her young characters to life.

They are real. No spectacular events but real things that happen to real people.

I love Willie. And I fell in love with strong, quiet Nash.

I am
Sharon Obelenus Holland
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Willie goes to stay at her father's for the summer and meets her brother, 2 sisters, her memaw, aunts, uncles and cousins. She finds out her looks come from her memaw, but a lot of her personality comes from her dad. She also meets the next door neighbor, Nash. He becomes her first boyfriend. The family takes a vacation together and strengthens their bond.

We also follow Jack and Spike as they go off to the tech school. Trying to find jobs, so they can pay for everything and still have money left
Anna-marie
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love this series, & feel like I have grown up with Willie.
This continues the story. She has met her father & is going with him to his home & meet her half siblings & Step Mum.
This experience really makes her gown up even more & come to realise the person she wants to be.
She also embarks on her first relationship with Nash, a kind young man, who treats her well.
She also finds out a bit more of her Heritage & family history.
We also find out how the boys are doing, since
Chrissie Parker
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read the first two books in this series and really liked them. The character of Willie is really likeable and I have loved travelling on her journey as she learns all about her family history and meets new relatives. The Native American heritage was strong in this book too, and it's what makes the books so special. I am really hoping that this series continues, there is so much more I want to read about Willie, her family and her heritage. I really recommend it.
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing

This book starts off with Willie going to stay with her dad for the summer. I really loved the story and thought it was pretty cool to see the perspectives of a couple of the other characters in the story too. This was a really great follow up to the last book and ends kind of with a cliff hanger. I can't wait to read more of Willie's story.
Kris Dickinson
Apr 09, 2014 rated it liked it
The storyline in this 3rd novel was as good as the first 2. The characters were thought out and likable. It will be nice to see how they all wind up when the last book comes out. I only had one issue, though. The POV changed every once in awhile and while it wasnt distracting to the story itself, it was confusing to me. You never knew who was doing the talking until a paragraph or 2 into it. Aside from that, I liked it.
Michelle Nageldinger
Apr 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This series got much better as you read them, I really struggled through the first book but after that they were nice reads and I really enjoyed the overall story line.
Victoria Hammond
Deborah Dumm
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Degeorgetown
Nov 21, 2019
Chelsea Falin is the self published author of 21 current titles, including five contemporary fiction novels. She is, as always, working on her newest title.

Chelsea was born and raised in the small town of Dade City, located in west-central Florida. Currently, she resides in southern New Jersey.