Start by marking “He's No Prince Charming (Ever After, #1)” as Want to Read:
He's No Prince Charming (Ever After, #1)

He's No Prince Charming

(Ever After #1)

A wounded beast . . .

It took Marcus Bradley forever to find a suitable bride. And then he lost herall because some meddling matchmaker with a crazy notion about "true love" helped her elope with another man. Now, to save his sister from a terrible marriage alliance, he needs a replacementan heiress, to be exact . . . and he knows just the woman to help him find one.

A
Published October 28th 2014 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about He's No Prince Charming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about He's No Prince Charming

Start your review of He's No Prince Charming (Ever After, #1)
Phoenix77
Feb 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
Daniella
Aug 05, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This could have easily been a winner had it been executed well. This could have been a favourite, goddamn it. It had all the elements of a story that I usually go crazy for: a wounded and scarred hero, a strong and beautiful heroine, a love that would bind them together to their happily-ever after.

But fuck it, what I got were the following: a hero and a heroine of questionable morals , a messy kidnapping orchestrated by them (yes, you read that right; THEY kidnapped someone else WTF), a
Carmen
Oct 30, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance fans
This is a (very loose) historical romance retelling of Beauty and the Beast.

The 'Beast' is Marcus Bradley, Marquis of Fleetwood. His heavily scarred face and (secretly) heavily scarred body, scowling countenance, and surly attitude have earned him that nickname in society. He also has a real weakness for the drink, and is drunk pretty much 24/7.

However scarred and flawed he is, though, he is a good man inside, and that is why he wishes to save his sister, Caroline (whom he affectionately calls
Kit★
Won an ARC of this through the GR giveaway, woot!
As soon as I started reading, I was drawn in. The hero, Marcus, intrigued me right away. Horribly scarred with a tortured past, dependent upon alcohol to get him through each day... I couldn't help but be drawn to his character. I wanted to find out what had happened to him to cause both his physical and mental scars, how had he become the Beast that everyone painted him. The heroine, Danni, on the other hand, took a little longer for me to become
Lisa
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable! Great take on the Beauty and the Beast fairy tale. Can't wait for the next book!
Vicky Dreiling
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seriously, you must read this debut book from Elle Daniels. I knew within two paragraphs why she sold. I loved, loved, loved this book! This is a wonderful, unique take on The Beauty and the Beast.
Kiltsandswords
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hes No Prince Charming by Elle Daniels
Overview by Amazon:
A wounded beast . . .
It took Marcus Bradley forever to find a suitable bride. And then he lost her-all because some meddling matchmaker with a crazy notion about "true love" helped her elope with another man. Now, to save his sister from a terrible marriage alliance, he needs a replacement-an heiress to be exact . . . and he knows just the woman to help him find one.
A spirited beauty . . .
Danielle Strafford believes everyone deserves a
Marcela (BookaholicCat)
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted at The Bookaholic Cat

4 ½ Stars

He's No Prince Charming is the first book in the Ever After series by Elle Daniels.

I love takes on fairy tales and He's No Prince Charming is one of the best takes I have read on The Beauty and The Beast. On one side, we have Marcus Bradley, the scarred man known by the Ton as The Beast and the epitome of a tortured hero. On the other side, we have Danielle Strafford, an heiress with a secret identity who helps people be with their true love.

Marcus
Smitten
Originally post on Smitten by Books Blog

Ms. Daniels delivers a wonderful and delightful debut. Im so pleased to find another new to me author who has won me over. Im on a winning streak!

Jen Davis
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book totally hit my sweet spot. If you know my taste at all, you know I am a sucker for a Beauty and the Beast retelling, and for me, this one knocked it out of the park. Elle Daniels has crafted a pitch-perfect tortured hero, who is just the right blend of hard and vulnerable; and his heroine is the ideal balance of pragmatic and romantic to see beyond his gruff exterior.

The villain in this story is dead before the book ever begins. Marcus owes all of his scars to his late father, and
Jane
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I literally could not put this book down, as evidenced by my writing this more than a little blurry eyed and sleep deprived.

There was something extremely likable about the hero and heroine, she is strong without being pig-headed and he was just well... him (sigh). It was nice to read a romance novel where you can see why they were falling for each other, rather than love at first sight but nothing else which is commonplace in this genre.

An excellent debut novel, with some funny secondary
Gaele
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first in a faerie-tale inspired series, this story that is inspired by the Beauty and the Beast tale is one of the better uses of the original that I have encountered. Daniels uses her skill to full effect, creating characters that are lovable and flawed with care, giving us a chance to see the hidden gems within as their attraction for one another deepens. Flushed out with solid secondary characters, and a convincing set of obstacles to overcome on their way to the end, Danni and Marcus ...more
Samantha

Marcus Bradley, the Marquis of Fleetwood, is known as the Beast of the ton. His face and big brooding body leaves people shaking in fear. He knows he is not what women would dream of when they think of their future husband but he desperately needs a rich bride to save whats left of his family estate and his sisters future. When he catches Danielle
Christy LoveOfBooks
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
It has been a very long time since Ive read a historical romance, so Im glad I jumped back into the genre with Hes No Prince Charming. It was so much fun!

Im not the type that seeks out retellings or even gets excited about them, but Ive had great luck when I do read them. Hes No Prince Charming is a take on Beauty and the Beast, and the author did a fantastic job. And to think this is Elle Daniels' debut novel. Bravo!

All of the wonderful characters in this book are such a treat! Danni is
Connie Fischer
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At age 31, Marcus Bradley, Marquis of Fleetwood and also known as The Beast is a deeply depressed man who drowns himself in drink. His father had been a very evil man who abused and beat him all of his life leaving him scarred both physically and mentally. Many of his beatings were endured to protect his younger sister from sharing the same fate. Their mother ran away and left the children with their father in an effort to protect her own self. Now that his father is dead, his next concern is to ...more
Kimberly
My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2014/10...

Beauty and the Beast gets a Regency romance remake in Hes No Prince Charming . Elle Danielss debut novel is bursting with energy and emotion, and Im looking forward to seeing how her talent develops.

Danni is a charming heroine. Shes smart, outspoken, and though she sometimes behaves rashly, she does so out of a genuine desire to help others. Danni aches for love, and she finds it with Marcus, the man society refers
Farrah
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A charming, emotional, and lovely historical romance, He's No Prince Charming was a wonderful read that I really liked. I really enjoyed this excellent book.

Danielle was a great heroine. She was kind, the type of person to judge by another's actions and not looks or rumors. She was clever and, when she was determined, nothing would stop her from going after what she wanted. I thought she was a likable character.

Marcus was amazing. He was a deep character who was haunted by his father's abuse.
Kari
Nov 01, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2014
He's No Prince Charming is a classic take on the Beauty and the Beast tale. Marcus is a tortured soul who suffered unspeakable abuse as a child at the hands of his father. The after affects follow him into adulthood. Danielle is an heiress who believes in love and happy ever after as her parents had in their marriage. Through their journey to find a way to save Marcus's sister from a loveless marriage, they find love themselves.

For the most part, I liked the story. I loved watching Marcus and
Lucy
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an exciting, page turner! I couldn't put this book down! It's one of those books that just stays with you and haunts you until you continue reading. I found myself daydreaming about what could possibly happen next. I fell in love with the characters who were believably flawed! There was a perfect balance between romance and adventure. I am anxious for the next book to be released. Well done Elle Daniels!!
Angie
I received an ARC through NetGalley.

I actually loved He's No Prince Charming at first, but then the love interests met and my love dwindled a bit. It's not because I didn't like the romance. I really did, but I didn't care too much for the circumstances that brought them together. Marcus is out for a stroll when he notices some shady characters leaving his fiancee's home. Naturally, he follows. To his dismay one of the "men" is her in disguise and she's skipping town to marry another man with
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
I'm soooooo happy I read this. Such a wonderful story.

I havent read such a fun, well written, original historical romance in a looooong time.

Beauty and the Beast (a favorite tale of mine!) has never been such a riveting action and etiquette journey. I think Im going to follow Elle Danielss publishing schedule rather closely. And this is her debut novel, guys.

Good historical novels are hard to come by. There are several few authors who are staples in this genre, and normally its just not worth it
Amaranthine
After surviving years of abuse at the hands of his father, our hero Marcus is antisocial, scarred, haunted, and often drunk. Having no desire to marry or to carry on the family bloodline, he has little choice if he wants to procure the funds to break his sisters engagement. In contrast, our heroine Danni is quirky, passionate, and headstrong. A self styled elopement agency proprietor, she is nonetheless disillusioned by romanceeven if she does still secretly long for true love.

As a character,
Danielle
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted on Ramblings From This Chick.

I really enjoyed this one. It's been awhile since I've picked up a historical novel and when I came across an excerpt for this book, I was hooked. I immediately picked up a copy and began reading. I loved it! It embodied everything that I love in a historical- sexual tension, brooding hero and a happy ending.

I loved the chemistry between Marcus and Danielle. The sparks between these two were instant and I quickly found myself turning the
Leone (She Reads too Much Romance)
For a debut novel I think that Daniels did a wonderful job at penning the novel because I was easily entertained, smiled multiple times and delighted in the sense of adventure that seems to flow easily enough within her writing of He's No Prince Charming.

It has definitely been awhile since my eyes have come across a novel that not only has adventure but a story to tell. Danni, the heroine is a very likeable character and pairs equally well with Marcus, the hero. I would have liked to seen Marcus
Amelyn Randall
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars for a fantastic debut by Elle Daniels!

I love a good Beauty and the Beast tale. This book was clever in starting with The Beast, Marcus's, point of view. I felt his pain from minute one. There's nothing like falling in love with a tortured, wounded bird who needs some light shone on his soul. Elle Daniels had me crying already just 16% into the book. That is a QUICK connection to the characters for me. Impressive!

I find it funny that some are complaining about the kidnapping aspect of
My Book Addiction and More MBA
HE'S NO PRINCE CHARMING by Elle Daniels is a delightful Regency Historical Romnace. Ever After, #1, what a start to a new beginning. A retelling of the "Beauty and the Beast" with a twist.
Meet, Marcus Bradley, the Marquis of Fleetwood, a wounded beast, and Danielle Strafford, the spirited beauty.
With witty banter, bits of humor, dark family secrets, adventure, hope, healing, nightmares from parental abuse, passion and romance makes this an extremely appealing new series. While, this story has
Amy Alvis
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is book 1 in the Ever After series.

After helping her best friend avoid an unwanted marriage, Danielle Strafford started her own business helping other elope and marry their true love. She never expected one of the jilted men to come after her.

Marcus Bradley needs to marry an heiress to save his sister from an unwanted marriage. He had the perfect woman until Miss Strafford got in his way and allowed his intended to marry another man. Now he is forcing her to find him another heiress.

What
Heather andrews
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Danni she's such a lovely girl and I loved her character and personality, "oh." Pink lips parted in surprise. Then her hands caressed his shoulders,rubbing in a circular pattern. "We are safe. No need to worry." She shushed, and then whispered, "does this help?" Marcus he's not the mean 'beast' of a man everyone makes him out to be, he's actually quite caring and I think that Danni brings out a softer side of him, "his features twisted. His arms bulged as they crossed his barrel chest. "Well, ...more
Amanda L
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story. The characters are really well developed and deep. Danni, the heroine, is very believable,independent, and funny, while her hero, Marcus, is sad and lovable. I wanted to marry him myself. I thought the story was funny, with surprising twists. I even laughed out loud at one point. I recommend it to anyone who wants a fast moving, quick read with a cute couple.

Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with this book at the first chapter. It is well written and the characters were amazing. Please read my full review at my blog: http://letague.blogspot.com/2014/10/h...
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 08, 2015 11:26AM

• Duke of Sin (Maiden Lane, #10)
  • Darling Beast (Maiden Lane, #7)
  • To Tame a Savage Heart (Rogues & Gentlemen #7)
  • Velvet Angel (Velvet Montgomery Annuals Tetralogy #4)
  • Duke of Pleasure (Maiden Lane, #11)
  • A Kiss for Midwinter (Brothers Sinister, #1.5)
  • Duke of Desire (Maiden Lane, #12)
  • On a Wicked Dawn (Cynster, #9)
  • The Runaway McBride (Seers of Grampion, #1)
  • Beauty's Beast
  • The Earl Who Loved Her (The Honorable Scoundrels, #2)
  • The Scot and I
  • No Other Duke Will Do (Windham Brides, #3)
  • Never Deceive a Viscount (Infamous Lords, #2)
  • Thief of Shadows (Maiden Lane, #4)
  • Notorious Pleasures (Maiden Lane #2)
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
  • The Scot Beds His Wife (Victorian Rebels, #5)
Elle Daniels grew up in a quiet, suburban town in Central Massachusetts a town so lacking in excitement she was forced to live vicariously through novels. One day, discontent with her reading options, she took the matter into her own hands. So began Elles journey into all things romantic and fantastical. Still in her early twenties, she remains in that same small town, tagging along with her ...more

Ever After (2 books)
  • Once Upon a Duke (Ever After, #2)