Start by marking “The One You Want (The Original Heartbreakers, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The One You Want (The Original Heartbreakers, #0.5)

The One You Want

(The Original Heartbreakers 0.5)

New York Times bestselling author Gena Showalter introduces the Original Heartbreakers—about sexy bad boys each meeting their match—with a special prequel novella!

Published March 1st 2015 by Harlequin (first published December 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The One You Want, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One You Want

description

|3.5 stars|

It's for free... http://www.amazon.com/One-You-Want-Or...

Blurb:
In small-town Oklahoma, reputation is everything, and Kenna Starr will do anything to overcome hers. The supposed bad girl is determined to walk the straight and narrow, a seemingly impossible task when Tall, Dark and Sexy shows up…
Rich and powerful, Dane Michaelson is every woman's dream. When he returns to Strawberry Valley after a sixteen-year absence, he is unprepared for the redheaded girl he's never been able to forg
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
The One You Want is book #0.5 in The Original Heartbreakers series by Gena Showalter. Perhaps it is because I read these out of order and had already met Kenna and gotten to know her, or maybe just because this series is so awesome, I loved this book.

Kenna Starr’s mother has been having an affair with Dane Michaelson’s father for years. The affair is why the Michaelson’s left Strawberry Valley. But now Dane’s father has finally gotten a divorce and has moved back to Strawberry Valley to be with
Jill
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was ok

Dear paranormal romance authors:
Pick a book, take notes, and then write your story.

Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2) by Lisa Kleypas See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2) by Rachel Gibson Tangled (Tangled, #1) by Emma Chase On the Island (On the Island, #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves

Until then, please for the love of good writing, don't publish.
Jo

The new contemporary series from Gena Showalter kicks off with this little novella. Kenna Starr and Dane Michaelson has a complicated history. The last time they saw each other sixteen years ago thirteen year old Dane had spewed some pretty hateful things to seven year old Kenna when it became knowledge that their very married parents were having an affair with one another. And now after all these years they are tying the knot which means Kenna and Dane will be step siblings.

Both have changed a

Erika
Mar 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
Did not finish, very disappointed.

Essential elements of the story don't make sense. Main character is hated by small town citizens due to her mother's bad behavior and her own sexual assault in high school. This hatred does not effect her ability to collect tips working as a waitress, or her hopes of becoming an elementary school teacher.

Rich playboy who moved out of small town is universally loved for being rich despite not investing in hometown, moving back, or treating local citizens like a
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Almost the entire plot of this book is ranted about below so avoid because SPOILERS abound!!!!!!!!!

This was my first time reading this book though I met Dane,Kenna and Norrie in book 1 and adored their relationship.... I should've read forward and not back .This is a novella so the length of the book contributed to my hatred(too harsh????) my slight dislike of it because really some things needed fleshing out and this author just threw in a bunch of stuff that contributed to the hotmessiness of
◊♦ Naomi

I love Gena Showalter. I love her so much guys. She's an amazing author and just an awesome person. THE ORIGINAL HEARTBREAKERS is her first contemporary series, something new for her and, as always, she owned it!

THE ONE YOU WANT is a novella, a prequel to the first book of the series. I really liked it, it's short so don't expect something deep and profound because the romance happens very fast but, still, it was a very nice novella and it did its job: now I definitely want to read the rest of
Danielle (Love at First Page)
Over the top and slightly ridiculous. Maybe because it's a novella that made its negatives more pronounced, but I couldn't handle a full length book with a similar style. I won't be continuing with the series. :/

Featured on my romance novellas REC IT post.
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
The One You Want is a novella in The Original Heartbreakers series by Gena Showalter. It introduces us to Strawberry Valley and several of the townsfolk and new residences.

I really enjoyed this novella more then I expected too. I can’t wait to continue into the series.

Kenna is a hard working single mother who has had to deal with town gossip and labels that aren’t true.

Dane used to live in Strawberry Valley, but his family left and now he’s back and boy has he grown up, in all the best ways.

D
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Jun 09, 2015 marked it as own-need-to-read
Kindle Freebie! The One You Want (Original Heartbreakers) by Gena Showalter http://amzn.to/1IsSbbP

Blurb....

New York Times bestselling author Gena Showalter introduces the Original Heartbreakers—beginning with a ruthless businessman about to break his own rules—in this special prequel novella!

Rich, powerful and utterly untamable, Dane Michaelson is every woman's darkest fantasy. When he returns to his hometown to witness his father's upcoming nuptials, he is unprepared for the redheaded beauty
☕️Kimberly
I was excited about a bad girl trying to walk the straight and narrow, but Kenna turned out to be a small-town girl who made a mistake and is just trying to make the best of it. Of course, in a small-town she is indeed classified as the bad girl, after all she got pregnant as a teen and had a child. Kenna is a working hard as a waitress to provide for her daughter and barely making ends meet. I liked her. She is putting herself through school and keeping her head down.

This is a second chance rom
AJ
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked it.... but it was all a bit meh.

This the prequel to The Original Heartbreakers series, a short, sweet and sexy story about a struggling country girl with a selfish bitch of a mother, great friends, a sassy attitude and an underserved bad reputation. Kenna Starr (yes, I kid you not, that is her name) has no real life to speak of, but she is swept off her feet by the return to town of gorgeous, wealthy, highly successful, “I don’t do relationships” manwhore, Dane.

There’s a lot of
Julie
The One you Want by Gena Showalter is a 2015 Harlequin publication.

I snapped this one up for free in the kindle store without even reading the synopsis. I couldn't believe there was a book by this mega popular author for free!

Well, it would seem this is a novella, one of those prequels which is designed to launch a new series. I was curious since this is most definitely not the genre most people know this author from. No paranormal elements here. This is contemporary romance featuring rich bad
Claire Robinson
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
...I want you back in my arms...
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
2.5 Stars
Sweet, a bit disjointed, somewhat cheesie and kinda all over the place. Left feeling.... meh.
Yodamom
Dec 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Take one playboy with money, a hot body and a revolving door to his bedroom with a strong dislike of children and add one single mother and you have a troubled romance. it gets more twisted, his father had an affair with her mother breaking his parents marriage and now they are all together for their marriage, so they'll be step sister and brother. Yippeee. LOL
This was a great little romance. The woman was not a weak little woman she was opinionated, independent , and not willing to drop her exp
Jan 27, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: released-in-2015
This is FREE right now in the US!!!!
Carolina
Mar 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
I usually love Gena Showalter books but this one I thought it was over the top and slightly ridiculous. It kinda seems that someone else wrote it.

I know that I won’t be continuing with the series.
Ami
angelblue
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The One You Want is a prequel to Gena's new contemporary series, The Heartbreakers. I have to say that I'm more of a PNR girl but since it's a Gena Showalter story, I of course, HAD to read it! And I'm so glad that I did!

This was an amazing story! It's a story of love, hope and forgiveness. Kenna Starr has been paying for her mother's affair with a married man since she was a child. Between that and getting pregnant at a young age the townspeople were convinced that she would grow up to be just
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Kitty's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Gena Showalter always represented erotic paranormal to me. She introduced me to that genre and always held me captive. A Mainstream Romance? OK, I'll bite and see what she has to offer. Well, I guess I will jump on the band wagon and just say that Gena Showalter can just write … paranormal, mainstream romance, probably anything she wants.

Characters that have backbone, a little sass, pride and lots of love to share. A woman with character tha
Jen_C
3.75 stars.

Cute, fun, some good banter. Annoying family members, crazy roommates. Dane knows how to woo a woman once he sets his mind to it!!

Debra Johnson
The One You Want by Gena Showalter
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
2.75 Stars

A sweet, funny, little romance.

Even though that is not really my 'Cup of Tea', I did enjoy it.

It's a very quick read. There were some editing problems & the end seemed a bit rushed & gooey to me.

But all in all, if you like sweet romances with some definite humor & the prince saving the day kind of thing....
This is the book for you.
Elle
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
2 STARS!

Disappointing. Is this her first Contemporary? It sucks!

Usually 2 stars review is for the book I hate and hard to finish. I'm glad this is only a novella. It's quite important to read because this is where the three bad boys will make their first appearance. Is it? I don't remember. Hahaha... Sorry I didn't find it memorable at all.

Too much drama. Boring sexy times. Weak plot. No chemistry. Et cetera...
Lisa
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
It really devastates me to give this book 2 Stars. I love, love, love Gena Showalter but this book almost seemed to be written by someone else. I love Norrie and West but was ambivalent about everyone else. I thought that Dane was a total ass who didn't deserve anyone! That said, because I love Showalter, I will attempt the next book in the series. I really hope the characters are more developed and interesting.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I haven't kept up with Showalter's books but after reading this novella, I think I definitely need to go back and give her books another try. The humour was spot on here and I really liked both the hero and heroine in this story.
Sofia
Sep 16, 2014 rated it liked it
It wasn't as I had expected it to be but I still enjoyed it!
Theresa
3.5 to 4 Stars... This was a sweet novella with some unexpected humor that pulled me further into the story and connected me with the characters... There was actually enough material that this could have been a full length novel, but since it was a novella the issues got resolved a bit quicker that I would have liked... That being said, it hooked me into wanting to continue the series and see the other characters get their HEA:)
Brandi
I enjoyed this for what it was. Fairly predictable, but cute and fun. I enjoyed the banter, but couldnt' really get into either mindset. I didn't realize this was 3rd person POV when I got started and I tend to struggle with those, but it's still a sweet romance.

I plan to continue to the next book with the hopes of a bit more heat and to eventually get to West's story. He was the character that caught my attention.
Pelusa Rivera
I had read this before, but decided to read it again. I liked Kenna, and felt sorry for her because she got treated like dirt and did not deserve it, I am glad that she finally ended up getting some happiness. Then there is Dane, who could not figure out what he wanted, yes he wanted Kenna, but on his terms, he finally realized that she was the best thing that could happen to him and wised up.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 May 03, 2017 03:08PM
Gena Showalter Fans: The One You Want (Heartbreakers #0.5) 1 26 Apr 16, 2014 11:29PM

• Illicit Night with the Greek
  • The Love Conspiracy
  • Lie to Me
  • Cocky Cage Fighter Box Set (#1-3)
  • Double Huge
  • Blood Red Kiss (Immortals After Dark, #1; MoonBound Clan Vampires, #2.5; Otherworld Assassin, #2.5)
  • Christmas Roses
  • In His Hands (Blank Canvas, #3)
  • Sunset Pass
  • Ruthless Boss, Royal Mistress (The Royal House of Karedes #7)
  • Seven
  • On Christmas Hill
  • Cougar Bait (Cougarville, #2)
  • Sweet Cowboy Christmas (Sweet, Texas, #3.5)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Vaulcron (Enigma #3)
  • A Kiss for Christmas
  • Alphas Unbound
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl

The Original Heartbreakers (6 books)
  • The Closer You Come (The Original Heartbreakers, #1)
  • The Hotter You Burn (The Original Heartbreakers, #2)
  • The Harder You Fall (The Original Heartbreakers, #3)
  • Can't Hardly Breathe (The Original Heartbreakers, #4)
  • Can't Let Go (The Original Heartbreakers, #5)
  • Can't Get Enough (Original Heartbreakers, #6)
“If you’d rather not go with me, I will completely understand and won’t hate you for more than a day. Maybe two.” 1 likes
“I’ve known him a long time. I admire him. Hell, I might even love him. He helped me when—well, he helped me, and I owe him. He never lies, never plays games. He always says what he means and means what he says. And he has made it clear you’re off-limits.” 1 likes