Start by marking “Consensual (Consensual, #1)” as Want to Read:
Consensual (Consensual, #1)

Consensual

(Consensual #1)

Braelynn Wolf is focused on two things: work and law school.

That is how she survives.
That is how she’ll make a difference.

Until she meets HIM.

Peyton Haas is sexy, dangerous, and forbidden. The defense attorney on Braelynn’s first legal case is the only man who can cloud her judgment. Unable to stay away, she finds herself lying to everyone around her so she can spend tim
Published August 18th 2014 (first published August 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Consensual, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Consensual

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Afraid this was a DNF. This just didn't work for me and as my blog buddy Gitte put it:
"Sometimes sexy talk from the first meeting with the male lead is just creepy and less is more."

Example...this, all in the first 6%

"Your pussy needs to be licked and sucked. Maybe then you would learn how to say thank you when a man buys you a drink."

~

"Your c**t smells delicious, love."

~

"And I'm doing just fine in the sex departments."

"You must have your departments confused, doll. I bet you your pussy is dri
Stacia
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW... erotica at it's best!! Sexy, steamy, and oh so riveting!

I loved Divided (Livia's debut book) so I was excited to start Consensual and read a different genre from her. She nailed it!! There was so much emotion starting right from the prologue and you really get a feel for what main character Braelynn had to endure growing up.

Don't even get me started on Haas... Oh-MY-God, the mouth on this man! He could met the panties off of anyone, just by opening his mouth and he knows it too! As much
A.L. Goulden
Aug 09, 2014 rated it liked it
SPOILER ALERT***** THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW MAY REVEAL THINGS ABOUT THE PLOT****

It looks like I'm the only one who had an issue with the emotional back story that conflicts with the sexual one. I wish I didn't feel so strongly, but I want to give my honest opinion even if it's completely different from the others.

It starts out with a gripping prologue that I was completely sucked into. It made me feel for the main character Braelynn right away and that emotional momentum continued until our her
Kirsty
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
This book was such a pleasant surprise! I had never heard of the author before, hadn't really heard much about the book and only really glanced at the blurb, so when I read the book and fell in love with it, I was delighted.

After being in a big book funk, this was a real treat. The book starts you off with a bang. Going back to her past, Braelynn describes horrific scenes that would greet her night after night. Her sister being raped by their uncle. I don't feel like this is a spoiler as it hap
Karen
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Full review to come closer to release!
stephabo
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. Could not put it down. Peyton Haas is a dirty, dirty and might I say again dirty boy.

My favorite line? "You came to the gala last night with another guy. I got to fuck you at the gala in the conference room upstairs. Is HE who you're going to take home to meet your mother?" DAMN. The mouth on that boy. Nope, Peyton Haas did not share, FORTUNATELY.

This book kept me on the edge of my seat, as a good book should do. It had dirty sex, mystery, suspense. WOW! Peyton even had split pe
Kim Howlett
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

OMG what a incredibly hot, sexy read. This story has completely blown me away.

I loved Livia Jamerlan debut novel, Divided. I have been eagerly waiting her next book and couldn't wait to read Consensual. Luckily I wasn't let down. The book was amazing. Livia's writing style is great. She writes things in a that you can get engage in the book and with the characters easily. It was a privilege to read this story.
Braelynn Wolf is only focused on 2 things - work and law school. She believes t
Melissa
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Consensual by Livia Jamerlan

I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Braelynn Wolf has fought hard for everything she has, at an early age she and her sister lost her parents, her sister was victim of abuse, only to spare her sister the same pain. Once her older sister turned 18 the two fled and started their lives over. After college Braelynn secured an internship at of the top firms in New York. Everything was planned, everything was laid out for her, until she met him,
Tracey Murphy
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Braelynn Wolf is a survivor. She survived a rough childhood, and worked her way to the top of her law school class. She was determined to make herself a success not only for herself, but for her older sister who protected her all those years. She accepts a prestigious law internship, has friends that adore her, and resolves to focus on her career rather than looking for any kind of love.

One night, Braelynn meets a man who infuriates her as much as he turns her on. The fact that he ooze
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was contacted by Livia to read this book in exchange for review. I remember reading the synopsis and thinking, 'yea, it sounds good.' WAS IT EVER!

This book totally caught my attention and kept it! From page 1, I was hooked. Braelynn has had a hard life. Her sister raised her and made sure she stayed on the straight and narrow. Braelynn's dream is to become a lawyer and give victims a voice. She's very focused and has two people in her life that she trusts besides her sister.

Peyton Haas is a
Faith Andrews
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What an ending...I need book 2! I've had the privilege of reading this author's work from early on. While her debut was definitely a great story, Livia Jamerlan has raised the bar with Consensual. Warning: this is not your typical hot and steamy read. For one the sex scenes far surpass hot and steamy...how about scolding and blazing. And her main character, Braelynn, surprises you at every turn with her witty intelligence and strive to succeed in her career and her passion to punish the "ba ...more
Adrienh1
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
I was pleasantly surprised by this book!! I couldn't put it down. I did not want to put it down. The heroine is a strong character and I found myself rooting for her. There are a lot of twists and turns in the storyline. Be aware there is a great cliff-hanger in this one.
Ashley Heather
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
There is no one word to describe this book that would accurately express my feelings on it.
This is one of those books that just gets to you, gets under you skin and into your brain, throwing you into a tailspin. Yes it's that good.

So much so I actually read 70% of the book in one go and it kept me awake until 3am in the morning- yes it's one of those that urges you to keep reading and while your thinking "just one more chapter" you've been lured into connecting with the characters so much you
Jennifer Diaz
I was very pleasantly surprised by Consensual by Livia Jamerlan. The synopsis grabbed my attention and I thought... sure… I’ll take a crack at this one. Wooza… I was not expecting the hotness factor to be off the charts! Like I need a cigarette and I don’t smoke hot! Ms. Jamerlan just drew me into the story and never released me. There were times I thought the story would get a bit cliché but overall I really enjoyed it. I did not know this was a series going in so when I got the ending I was li ...more
Three Chicks
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Braelynne had one tough upbringing. After her parents died in a car accident, she and her sister Loren went to live with her aunt and uncle. This started a cycle of abuse; sexual for her sister and a life of fear for her. But when Loren turned 18, they got out and made their own way. Loren is ten years older than her and is more like a mother figure than a older sister.

She stressed that Braelynne's education would be the key to her future. She was right and Brae is about to take the bar and is d
Nina ~ Social Butterfly PR
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-reader, arc
Nina's review

Oh how I love finding new authors to read. One of my favorite things about being a blogger is picking up a book I know nothing about, have no preconceived notions about and just falling into my kindle and getting lost in the storytelling of an author I have yet to read. Sometimes these little risks pay off, sometimes they don’t, but with Livia Jamerlan….this gamble had a huge return. I was engrossed in the pages of Consensual from the very start and it carried through to th
Falling In Fall Book Blog
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-read-shelf
I have to let you guys in on a little secret. I don’t like alpha males. Maybe it’s the stubborn, hard-headed part of me, but 90 percent of the time I want to punch alpha males in the face because I personally hate being told what to do. Mind you, this shouldn’t really prejudice me against stories—but sometimes, it does. But shockingly, shockingly this… didn’t happen. Consensual stars a delicious alpha male named Haas, and I am totally rating this book four stars!
I don’t know what it was—Haas se
Emma Louise
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
So, i have a Friend to thank for the recommendation of this book. Yes I usually trust her word on books, but now im not so sure, this book had me in knots, i dont a 4/5 hour sitting and read from start to finish. YES i was up until 3 in the morning, My intentions were to read a chapter or 2. THAT did not happen ASHLEY HEATHER. But i will thank her for this amazing book.

I gave it 4.5 stars, the 0.5 is because it wasnt long enough, I am not sure what character i LOVE more, Peyton or Braelynn. They
Michelle
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Braelynn is working hard to secure her future as a soon-to-be lawyer, but she might have met her match in the defense attorney, Peyton Haas. They first meet in a bar, only to discover that they are opponents on a case later on. Although Peyton turned me off initially because he came on way too strong, he grew on me as the story progressed. Braelynn has her walls up pretty high and Peyton is determined to break through them. Braelynn has been through some rough and traumatizing experiences, all o ...more
Jocelyn Sanchez
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
The book was a good read. It didn’t blow me away, but it was an enjoyable book and I did like the main characters and some of the minor ones as well.

Braelynn Wolf doesn’t have time for relationships. There are only two things she needs to focus on: law school and her work. Those are the only things that have brought her comfort in the past. She didn’t expect to fall for Payton Haas, the defense attorney on her first legal case.

Peyton is the defense attorney of Braelynn’s first case. He’s handso
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
3.5 stars!! Consensual tackles some very sensitive subjects served up with a side of some very, very steamy sex scenes. Braelynn is a very hard working law student who lands a prestigious internship and finds herself working on a major case. Push past the very dirty talk that occurs very early on in the story and you will actually get to an interesting storyline with two very engaging characters.

Peyton Haas is the opposing counsel on the case that Braelynn is working on. I had to take a step bac
Melanie Cesa
Aug 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Wooo, that ending leaves you wanting to know so much!

Braelynn is smart, beautiful, witty, and hard working. Peyton is intense, says exactly what he’s thinking, and He. Is. Hot! He goes after what he wants, and he wants Braelynn. And OMG his words had my iPad melting. But uh, oh...Peyton is the defense attorney for Braelynn's first legal case at her internship.

This was a good start to this new series. The prologue is emotional and grips you from the start. The story starts out strong and exciting
Small Adventures, Full Hearts
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow, wow, wow...

My heart is beating so fast. This book is such a complete and utter thrill ride. SO sexy, so fast past, and dying to find out what happened.

This book is fantastic. It has a mix of everything I really enjoy. Braelynn is this determined, smart girl, who plays it safe doesn't let many people in. Her past has really shaped who she is. Until she meets Peyton. Peyton is smart, successful and rich, and he has completely knocked Braelynn off her feet. These to are HOT HOT HOT.. I can se
Hooked On Books
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Consensual - Livia Jamerlan 5 big big stars!

Whoa what a book!

After the death of their parents, Loren and her younger sister Braelynn escape an abusive childhood and move to Rhode Island. Loren pushes Brae to study and do well for herself. Brae is studying law and has now landed an amazing internship. On a night out she meets the incredibly sexy, demanding, swoonworthy 'Peyton Haas', who turns out to be the defense lawyer on the case she's working on.

Wow, I really wasn't expecting such a good rea
Gina
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
There seemed to be a lot of different directions that this book was tying to go towards and sometimes didnt feel like they connect very well. This book went in a completely different direction, for me, after reading the prologue. It wasnt a bad thing, it just took over half way through the book to refer back to what happened. There was a lot of back and fourth between Haas and Braelynn that got old after awhile. This book had a Fifty Shades feel for me, rich man who is into kink and there was ce ...more
Becca Sellers
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Peyton is very direct and doesn't mince his words which explains a lot since his chosen profession is a lawyer.

Braelynn is smart, hard-working and funny.

This book is full of coincidences - girl cleans the lawyer's apartment, is an intern on the opposite side of the case, they've never formally met, and then they run into each other at a bar and are instantly attracted to each other.

The writing is phenomenal and flows well. The characters are well written and you connect with them all. Watch out
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
Wow!! Livia, where is book 2 now??? LOLYou rocked!!!

I LOVED everything about Consensual...It hooked me from page one and I loved how so much happened to the story, but it didn't get flat or boring not even once! I love those kinds of stories, that has an actual story going on and make you live it alongside the characters!

I couldn't get enough and I hated those numbers in the right corner of my kindle telling me I was reaching 90%...
Thank you so much for the ARC and for contacting me!!!
Letícia Kartalian
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.8/5
Eu odeio cliffhangers. Ok, esse não é aquele cliffhanger de meio de sentença, mas ainda é um cliffhanger.
A segunda metade do livro é infinitas vezes melhor que a primeira, e isso significa que o casal foi bem mais do mesmo pra mim e que o que prendeu mesmo a minha atenção foi o caso em que eles estão trabalhando e toda a trama envolvida com isso e o passado da mocinha.
Isso, e só isso, vai me fazer ler o próximo livro da trilogia.
Já disse que odeio cliffhanger?
Ruthie Henrick
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Braelynn Wolf is scarred and driven. Peyton Haas is sexy and forbidden. When their worlds collide we have an oh my god, can't put it down emotionally charged sheet scorcher. I was given an ARC in return for an honest opinion, and here it is: Consensual is a not-to-be-missed experience!
Kacey Shea
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent writing, holy hell sexy AF, and with a story that pulled me in from chapter one. Main character had me screaming no! Don't do that! A few times :-)
I don't like cliffhangers and this definitely ends on one, luckily the next book is already published so I'm good!
  • Titanium Security Series Box Set: Volume II (Titanium Security, #4 & 5)
  • SECRET Trilogy (Secret, #1-3)
  • Yearning Devotion (Yearning Series, #1)
  • The Tango (Sexual Awakenings, #2)
  • Carmen's New York Romance Trilogy (Carmen's New York, #1-3)
  • Picking Up the Pieces (Pieces, #2)
  • Lie to Me (Redemption, #1)
  • Antagonize Me
  • In the Mix (The GEG, #2)
  • The Fighter (Redemption, #2)
  • Hard Rock Remix (The Lonely Kings, #2)
  • Hardcore: Complete Series Box Set
  • Finding Joy (Joy, #2)
  • Plausibility
  • All We Were (Ex-Factor Duet #1)
  • Speak Low (Speak Easy #2)
  • Dance for Me (Forbidden, #1)
  • Truth (Sinful, #1)
Livia Jamerlan is the author of Divided. She is also a hopeless romantic who is always looking for her next love story to pop in her head. Though Livia kept a journal throughout her early life, she never thought about pursuing a career in writing. She always used it as form of therapy, pouring her heart out into words. It wasn’t until a story developed in her head that she decided maybe she could ...more

Consensual (3 books)
  • Coherent (Consensual, #2)
  • Contingent (Consensual, #3)
“His lips grazed the side of my earlobe, his heavy breathing tickling my neck. “I don’t like to share,” he said in a low whisper.
I don’t like to share either! “Good thing you don’t have to. Sammie looks very content having you to herself.” I pulled my arm from his hold and smiled.”
4 likes
“Making you squirm ... making your body convulse.” He lowered his lips to my neck, kissing it softly. “I want you, Braelynn. Let me have you. Let me take you.”
My conversations with Kennedy and”
4 likes