Start by marking “That Risen Snow: Snow White & Zombies (Scary Tales #1)” as Want to Read:
That Risen Snow: Snow White & Zombies (Scary Tales #1)

Read Book

That Risen Snow: Snow White & Zombies

(Scary Tales #1)

Book One of the Scary Tales: A Killer Serial

The zombie sequel to Snow White begins where the classic fairy tale ends, with the Prince’s kiss waking Snow from her cursed slumber. Snow wakes up, but she doesn’t wake up right.

Now a deranged zombie, Snow infects both the Prince and the seven dwarfs’ leader. That leaves the young dwarf Grouchy, who is secretly in love with Snow
Published April 3rd 2014 by StoneGate Ink (first published January 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about That Risen Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Risen Snow

Shelby *trains flying monkeys*

Yes, I'm crying. This book started out so very good. The story was being told from Grouchy's (Grumpy's) point of view and he was frigging hilarious. Then the points of view started changing and the story lost it's way.
Snow is awakened by the prince's kiss-then she bites the shiznit out of him. The plague spreads and the Horrors start chasing the remaining dwarves and prince's men. And it just gets stupid.

I received an arc copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Kaora
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
That was fun!

I love Disney movies. I watched them over and over again as a kid. This was no exception. So when I found an interesting new take on Snow White & The Seven Dwarves I was eager to pick this up. I was not disappointed.

The sevendwarves live in the woods and work in the mine, escaping their own horrors in a world where humans persecute dwarves. After taking a bite out of a poison apple given to her by an old hag, Snow White is in a coma, sleeping until true love's kiss comes to awak
Yodamom
Dec 22, 2014 added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
“The first 10% has been torture. This was supposed to be a twisted dark fairy tale of Snow White with zombies. Sounds great right ? The lines are so silly, like the author was trying to keep it kid-like disney + with made up words that sound like cuss words but aren't even words. It felt like a Dumb and Dumber trying to talk over the kids while stuck in dwarf bodies. Snow White ? She never did anything but bite and chew, no lines, no emotions, nothing. [Whinning] I wanted a good fun nightmare ! ...more
Ashley Daviau
Review to come!
Amber
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wattpad-reads
Snow white wakes up only to come back as a zombie and turns the prince into one. Can the dwarves stop her from turning everyone into zombies? Read that risen snow and find out.

I read this for free on wattpad and this was a pretty good zombie horror story. Def check it out.
Mauoijenn ~ *Mouthy Jenn* ~
*NetGalley book review*

I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I requested this book. It looked like a neat read. Another zombie book to check off my list. This picks up right after Snow Whites kiss that awakes her. But does it really? I thought a lot of this was very inventive and enjoyable, but sometimes I just cringed at the writing. If that had been better I would have enjoyed this a whole hell of a lot more.
Rob Slaven
Feb 22, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this book free for review from the author or publisher in exchange for an honest review. Despite the coolness of receiving a free book, I’m absolutely candid about it below because I believe authors and readers will benefit most from honest reviews rather than vacuous 5-star reviews.

Generally, I tend to follow a standard form for book reviews in which I give a tiny blurb indicating the story then outline positive and negative traits of the book. In this case, I think the important thi
Sam
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, humour, e-books
I'll admit, I started this book with a far bit of trepidation, largely because these kind of mash-ups can end up so very very bad. But I found this both entertaining and amusing, although I'm not sure whether I should have found it as funny as I did but hey I can't help my sense of humour. This picks up where the traditional fairy tale ends with the Prince kissing Snow White but instead of happily ever after, Snow has become a zombie, which very quickly spreads to the Prince and the dwarfs. The ...more
Paul
Apr 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not dead, just sleeping....ok dead or undead

This one is hard to review, the premise was decent though not wholly original and the execution was fine.bottom line though nothing in this novel wowed me. One thing I really did like though in this iteration snow white was way deeper than her Disney interpretations.
Maranda  @ Melange of Reviews
3/5 stars
You can find all my reviews here

“Happily ever after, my hairy ass.”

An interesting concept, Snow wakes up from the Prince’s kiss but she doesn’t wake up right. Rather than the fun and beautiful (an in this interpretation, vulgar) girl she was before she has become a Horror, this story’s equivalent of a zombie.

It is a very, very vulgar story that actually managed to make me uncomfortable at times. That’s saying a lot because in real life I unintentionally cuss like a sailor, apparently m
Rachael
This review also appears on my blog, Reading Rachael.

A perfect example of an intriguing premise that sadly did not live up to my expectations. Of course, I had really high hopes for this book. Zombies? Good. Fairytales? Great. Mix them together and all you have is a big mess...at least in this case. Honestly, after reading the first few chapters, I sat this book down for a long while before picking it back up again, only to really skim through the rest of the story.

This novel is told from the p
LibraryDanielle
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
...This was weird.
Lawona
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zombie Snow White

Snow White is kissed by her prince but doesn't fully wake up. She wakes up undead and has poisoned he beloved prince. Now it's up to the dwarfs and the princes soldiers to break the curse. But can they all survive?
Krystal
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
What did I just read!
Snow White receives a kiss from Prince Charming only to wake up a zombie, the seven Dwarfs have major issues, one of them being a drug addict.
The author definitely has quite the imagination. The book is weird, I think that would be my best explanation. It is definitely a mindless read, perfect when you're bored or someplace where you don't feel like getting into a good thought provoking book.
Susan
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
The summary of the book looked exciting, but unfortunately that's where my excitement ended. I tried to like this book but I just couldn't.
Caroline Barker
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
That Risen Snow has a twist on the Snow White fairytale and is to be read as a sequel to the original, albeit adult readers only (17yrs+). Complete with Snow White, the seven dwarves, the prince and the evil Queen it is a quirky horror story that will certainly be a treat for Halloween!!

******************************************************

Trick or treat? That Risen Snow is a brilliant combination of horror, quirkiness and fairytale, although certainly for the adult reader! It is definitely a ‘t
Stephanie
Snow White bites the apple offered by the old woman and she is placed into a deep slumber until Prince Mikael wakes her with true love's kiss- but this is all of the normal fairy tale that you will find in That Risen Snow. Snow White wakes up, but she isn't acting right and immediately takes a bite out of Prince Mikael. As Snow White spreads her disease, the dwarves try to fight back only to be taken down themselves. The dwarves believe that a cure can be found to save their beloved Snow in a ne ...more
SimSim
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
I love reading a twisted fairytale, so when I received this book I was excited.
The overall idea of the book is very interesting. Snow White turns into a flesh-eating zombie when kissed by the prince instead of breaking the curse. I also liked the descriptiveness of each scene and character. The author did a good job describing scenes of battle and the state of each attacking zombie. That was well done. However, that was about it for the story.

I found the book to be a tedious read, overly elabo
Kayonna Barker
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grrrr....I guess I asked for it....

The story didn't take long for the excitement to start. Mainly told by Grouchy, but also told from other characters points of view. I'm enjoying being able to see it through different characters eyes. The story isn't what I expected....but that's not a bad thing...yet... Excited to see where the story goes, and what happens in the end, but of course since this book was free it has to have an awful cliff hanger leading to another book. Good read...unless you are
JaeRavenClaw
Mar 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook
Well! That was....that was.....hold on, I need to process. That was entertaining to say the least. I dont think that I've ever been so interested in reading about zombies/walking dead than before this book. Zombies aren't my favorite type of horror, but Boley puts such a creative twist on it. Such a miserably, dark and gory retelling of Snow White. Every time I put my Nook down, I almost immediately picked it up again, wanting to know more of the events. Quite frankly, I can't wait to read the n ...more
Shamina
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
I read this book because I got a free ebook copy. It was a quick fun read! Sometimes I feel like reading something that is not meant to be taken seriously at all and this was exactly that. It's not a gigantic tome full of poetry and character development so detailed that you feel like you have known them your entire life, and that's okay. I immediately bought the other two books he had out at the time and am now caught up to his newest book (unfortunately it's not out for iBooks yet
Terri Wino
May 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: year-2015
I wanted to like this book. It had such a cool premise and I enjoy zombie stories. Blood and gore don't bother me the least, and this book had quite a bit. So why didn't I like it? I really don't know. I enjoyed the first few chapters, but then it just got boring and tedious and I didn't like any of the characters. So that's it. I just couldn't get into this one. :(
Katrina
May 25, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
I liked the idea of this. Snow White is awoken by her true love's kiss, only she wakes up as a zombie instead of a princess. There was so much potential here for a good story, but it just didn't work for me. It was hard to follow with the changing point of views, and I wish there would have been more scenes involving the zombies. I'm really sad that this didn't work out better.
Jacquelyn
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook
A delightfully gruesome take on the story of Snow White and her "resurrection" from death-by-apple. I've avoided reading retellings since "Wicked" turned out to be all political commentary and no fun, but apparently all it takes is gore, zombies, and humor. Imagine the best parts of Gregory Maguire and Sam Raimi did Snow White and that's basically the awesomeness you're in for.
Cottageunderhill
This interesting tale of Snow White mixed with zombies was pretty good. Gruesome blood-soaked zombie action- check! Interesting twist that I didn't see coming at the end- check! Will I read the next book- you bet! What a great Halloween October book to read. So, go read it... but during daylight hours. :)
Regina
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rather enjoyed this, especially as it is told from the perspective of Grumpy and the other dwarves. I was however a bit disappointed to see that I'll have to go after the next book to finish up this story, or most likely continue on as it seems that everybody is writing a trilogy now. *sigh*...
Myles Away
Apr 24, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: hate
I saw this book on a BookBub email as one of their free eBooks, and the premise sounded interesting, so I picked it up. The author had a good idea, but it just didn't pan out. The writing is incredibly sub-par, and I had to force myself to get even as far as chapter 4. I finally gave up. -3 stars.
Josef Hernandez
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book just did not work for me at all

For a full review, please go to http://www.examiner.com/review/that-r... and follow me on Twitter @josenher
Review to come eventually, pretty easy book to read if you like re-tellings and zombies.
Olivia Ambrose
I really didn't like this book. If this is your type of thing, great. It's just not my cup of tea. (But I'm the person who thought Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was only ok.) I didn't connect with the characters or care whether or not they survived. The dwarves are not interesting enough to me, expect for maybe Grouchy who stands out the most. I do like the slight twist on the Disney version of the characters, but I feel like it could have been taken farther. Also the Evil Queen at the end str ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Undead & UnRead B...: That Risen Snow 5 9 Aug 01, 2016 07:41PM

• Cure (Strandville Zombie Series, #1)
  • Genesis (The Colony, #1)
  • Until Morning Comes (Carlie Simmons #1)
  • 100 Days in Deadland (Deadland Saga, #1)
  • Virus The Unknown (Season 1 of Dying Hope, Zombie Apocalypse:)
  • Valley Of Death, Zombie Trailer Park
  • Panic (Wildfire Chronicles #1)
  • Necropolis (The Shadow Wars, #1)
  • Sight Unseen: The Haunting Of Blackstone Manor
  • Sleep Tight
  • With Spring Comes the Fall (Living with the Dead, #1)
  • Fear the Dead 1
  • Onslaught (Last Hope #1)
  • Tankbread (Tankbread, #1)
  • Plagued: The Midamerica Zombie Half-Breed Experiment (Plagued, #1)
  • Karen's First Day (The Infected, #2)
  • Earthly Things
  • Bleeker Hill
I’m the author of The Scary Tales, a series of dark fantasy novels featuring mash-ups of your favorite fairy tale characters and classic horror monsters. My fiction has appeared in several markets, including A cappella Zoo, Pseudopod, Clackamas Literary Review, and Best New Werewolf Tales. My stories have won Best in Show in the Sinclair Community College Creative Writing Contest and the Dayton Da ...more

Scary Tales (7 books)
  • That Wicked Apple: Snow White & Even More Zombies (Scary Tales #2)
  • That Ravenous Moon: Red Riding Hood & Werewolves (Scary Tales #3)
  • That Malicious Storm: Beauty & The Phantom (Scary Tales #4)
  • That Merciless Truth: Goldilocks & The Mummy (Scary Tales #5)
  • That Crooked Mirror: Cinderella & The Invisible Man (Scary Tales #6)
  • That Rotten Puppet: The Frog Prince & Frankenstein's Monster (Scary Tales #7)
“Snow came back, but she didn't come back right.” 6 likes