Start by marking “The Hotter You Burn (The Original Heartbreakers, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Hotter You Burn (The Original Heartbreakers, #2)

The Hotter You Burn

(The Original Heartbreakers #2)

New York Times bestselling author Gena Showalter is back with a sizzling Original Heartbreakers story featuring a troubled playboy and the woman he can’t resist…

Mass Market Paperback, 396 pages
Published July 28th 2015 by HQN Books (first published July 25th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Hotter You Burn, please sign up.
Jennifer Williams It can be read as a standalone, but I'd recommend reading them in order, otherwise there will be little nuances that you'll miss. Enjoy!

Carol [Goodreads Addict]

The Hotter You Burn is book two in The Original Heartbreakers series by Gena Showalter. From the prequel on, I have loved this series, and this book was no different. I have grown to love these characters of Strawberry Valley, Oklahoma. Individually, they each have damaged souls, darkness in their pasts, but together, they are becoming a family to each other. These books are full of snark, humor, steam, but mostly, lots and lots of heart.

Gena Showalter THE HOTTER YOU BURN

Beck O’ckley moved, along with his two best friends, Jase
description

“I won’t allow fear to lead me anymore. I won’t push you away, won’t let you push me away. I am happy now, and I see happiness in the future. I’m holding on tight to you, baby, and I’m never letting go.”

Blurb: Beck O'ckley is ruthless in the boardroom...and the bedroom. He's never been with the same woman twice, and vows he never will. With a past as twisted as his, meaningless sex keeps the demons at bay. His motto: One and done. No harm, no foul.
Harlow Glass is the most hated girl in town.
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 Stars

He couldn't have her without committing to her. He had to have her, but he couldn't commit to her. It was the surest way to lose her forever.

I'll admit, I was a little apprehensive reading this book after not quite loving the first book in this series. But then Beck O'ckley was the hero that really captivated me in The Closer You Come with his one-and-done policy with women. Who doesn't love an unrepentant manwhore? I certainly do. Then you have the heroine, Harlow Glass, as the most
Geri Reads
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Whew! This book. The Hotter You Burn, indeed. Full disclosure: I was bit apprehensive starting this book because I wasn't a big fan of the first book. It was an okay read for me but I struggled connecting with Jase and Brook Lynn. BUT I didn't have the same problem with this book. From the onset, I was able to relate to its main female character, Harlow. I loved her character.

We all know from the first book that Beck brought the Harlow's farmhouse. Harlow was the infamous high school bully. Ever
Claire Robinson
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "Give me forever, or give me nothing." Stars!

It has been a few years since I last read a book by Gena Showalter, and reading The Hotter You Burn bought back all-sorts of good memories for me. In relation to how entertaining this authors writing is, and how enjoyable her stories and characters are.

Being the second book in The Original Heartbreakers series, and having not read the previous books, had absolutely no impact on my enjoyment, and I cannot recommend it highly enough whether you have
♥ℳelody
*3-3.5-really want to give this 4 but the struggle is fierce stars*
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo bffd8f902935546e2963749d28b8339e.gif

First, this was much better than Book 1. I did not have the urge to want to punch the hero and heroine (well most of the time at least). I actually loved the tension and angst that played out between playboy Beck and reformed bad girl Harlow. It seemed much more organic and they actually had great chemistry. I liked that they kept fighting their feelings but longed for each other at the same time. Beck thinking Harlow deserve
Jacqueline
A reread for me. It was just as fun the second time around.

Lovely book which was right up my alley. I love me a poor downtrodden heroine. I also love a former mean girl who has changed her ways and must prove it to the people she formerly tormented. The hero is also a well written character with a lot of painful backstory. Lots of fun secondary characters. Some people who need to have their own book and some that might have already had one. I did read the first in this series but I think it migh
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
"It's so easy to fall in love with Showalter's writing and her characters."

Read this review in its entirety at Fresh Fiction
◊♦ Naomi
GENA SHOWALTER IS THE BOMB DIGGITY!
I seriously loved THE HOTTER YOU BURN, it was amazing. Gena, once again, worked her magic and she wrote a super showaltery book.
« What do you need me to do? » she asked breathily. « Whatever it is, I'll do it. »
« Just keep breathing, baby. »
Beck Ockley is a wham-bam, out-the-door-the-moment-the-sex-ends-without-a-thank-you-ma'am kind of guy. Harlow's words, not mine. He hates change and because of his past in foster care and his family abandoning him, he's
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review
Summary
Harlow Glass, is a outcast from Strawberry Valley. She is considered to be the most hated and despised of anyone living there. Harlow lives in a tent, looking for scraps of food where she can find them. She breaks into the home of Beck O'ckley and his friends, to take what little food she can, knowing that they won't miss it. Upon entering the kitchen, she spies a beautiful berry pie. She takes it and will defend it with her life
Joy (joyous reads)
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
As you can tell, I've been on a romance kick lately. I tend to read these books quickly, because they're not really the type of books where you need to pull a muscle so you can enjoy them. And if you're lucky enough to find the right ones, some books has the uncanny ability to poke you right in the sternum. Suffice it to say, this book really got to me.

This is the story of Beck, the unapologetic playa of the Original Heartbreakers. His mantra has always been give them what they want, but be hone
Lynsey A
**Note, I ordered the paperback book but the library had it and no one had requested it, so since it is easier to read on my Kindle than a paperback, I read the Kindle version. I am keeping the paperback since I collect the paperbacks for my fave authors!**

This one was a very good read! I loved Beck and his personality, despite his "he-slut" ways, as Harlow described him. He had his reasons. Harlow was actually a very sweet girl and had good reason for her behavior as a teen. Although, it is com
Ann
Oct 12, 2017 rated it liked it
This will be my first and probably last Gena Showalter contemporary book (I will attempt her paranormal). These characters live in a small town where at least once everyone has slept/been in a relationship with their neighbor... Not sure if I'd like to know my bestfriend once slept with my future husband..
Spoiler Whore-Momoa

Maaaaaaaan, was this book a disappointment. I really enjoyed the previous two stories in this series but this one was not enjoyable. The two main characters were beyond immature. I get that they didn't have good childhoods but their actions as adults were to the point of annoying. And there was too much repitiveness with the feelings of said characters.

Hopefully the next installment will make up for book two.

*ARC provided by publisher*
Ann Lorz
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

So, here I am again behind on a series that I really liked. How does this keep happening? We all know how it happens, too many books and not enough hours to read them. But since this year there are two new books in this series I thought I better get reading.

I'm glad I did. I really love The Hotter You Burn. Beck is so crazy sexy! Plus you have to love the way he wants or should I say needs to protect Harlow. Don't
Jo

Millionaire playboy Beck Ockley knows the pain of loss and he’ll do anything to avoid it which is why he lives by his rule of only once and then done. And when he moved to the small town of Strawberry Valley with his two best friends he expected to continue his lifestyle of work and lots of pleasure. What he didn’t expect was to become fascinated with the girl whose pictures he found in his new room in the house they bought and to want more than just one night when he finally meets her face to f

Barbara ★
Though I liked both Beck and Harlow, the constant rehashing of internal feelings of "I'm not good enough for you blah blah blah" got old really really fast. I think 400 pages was way more than this story needed to be told properly. About halfway through I got tired of Beck and his issues and Harlow's clinging to him mainly because he's the first (and only) person whose shown her any attention in years.

I loved the first one but I'm holding judgement on the concusion since West is getting with Je
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
description

Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

Um, WOW!!!! I went into The Hotter You Burn without having read the previous book or prequel, since it can be read as a standalone, but O.M.G. – I unexpectedly adored everything about this book so much!!! I LOVED this book – it almost felt like it was tailor-made for me. Everything about this just WORKED, brought so many emotions out of me, and I loved it. Props to you, Gena Showalter, for writing such a gem of a book! Hilarious, wickedly sexy, and heartwa
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Their is just some special about The Original Heartbreakers series. I don’t know what it is that keeps me swooning and come back for more. Maybe it’s the small-town feel, the people who all have their own issues, pasts, and hatreds, or maybe it’s just Ms. Showalter’s amazing storytelling skills.

I was pulled in from start to finish and I couldn’t stop listening to the audio book narrated by Savannah Richards.

We are treated to Beck who is friends with Jase and West. They all moved to Strawberry
Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)
I have been a huge Gena Showalter fan for a long time now, every new release is met with excitement, The Hotter You Burn is my favorite so far in The Original Heartbreakers series, I flew through this book so fast I couldn't and didn't want to put it down.

There was so much to love in this story, Gena writes contemporary romances just as well as she does paranormal romances, creating characters that you can't help but love and care about and storylines that are sure to keep you glued to the pages
Gretchen  (About That Story)
4.5 out of 5 stars

This was pretty fantastic! I felt like I was on an emotional high while reading. I couldn't turn the pages fast enough!

Beck and Harlow are wonderful characters. I really liked the depth of them and getting to know them. She is so genuine and he is so sweet. They have some great verbal sparing going on that creates a lot of sexual tension. Great development as everything is laid out and builds. I felt all Beck and Harlow were going through and was really wrapped up in the story
Fanny
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it

The Hotter You Buen es el segundo libro de la trilogia The Original Heartbreakers de Gena Showalter y narra la historia de Beck y Harlow, personajes secundarios en el primer libro.
The Hotter You Burn es ese tipo de libro que empiezas a leer pensando que sera la tipica lectura ligera, divertida y sin demasiadas expectativas que luego se convierte en un libro dificil de olvidar y en el que no puedes parar de pensar durante dias.
Despues de la gran decepcion que supuso para mi el primer libro, no sa
Kari
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, for-review
I definitely liked this one a lot more than the first book. This one is Beck's story. He is a one and done kind of guy. He never commits to anything other than his two best friends. Harlow Glass is pariah in the town of Strawberry Valley. She spent her early years as a bully and most people in the town shun her now. When the two of them get together the sparks fly.

I think my heart broke a dozen times while reading this. When we meet Harlow, she is at the lowest point in her life. No home, no jo
Paula
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Why I Read This Book: I'm bored and I'm not in the mood for another book.

What I Liked: Gena Showalter's writing makes you connect with the characters and feel for them. I'm not a crier, I've never been one. However, I've found myself trying not to cry in certain scenes. There are some emotional moments.
Because there was no crazy drama out of nowhere in the end (like in the first one), I'm giving it three stars.

What I Didn’t Like: There was no plot. It was the first book all over again. The hero
Liz
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 :)
Cary Morton
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received an ARC of this book as part of a GoodReads Giveaway.

I adored The Hotter You Burn by Gena Showalter. Having never read the first book in the series, I went into this story as if it were standalone, and I’m happy to report that it stood on its own two feet just fine. The story was a steamy/sweet contemporary romance whose two main protagonists were deeply flawed.

Beck was a former foster kid and criminal turned wealthy business mogul trying to atone for his sins, and Harlow was a former
Danielle
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading about Beck and Harlow. I wasn't sure if I could love Beck more then Jase but it happened.

Harlow was always known as the mean girl and maybe she did some awful things In the past but now she is all grown up. Even through the town hates her she is trying to do the right thing and try to make all her wrongs right. Let's just say some people are more forgiving then others.

Beck is the sexy man you only get one time with but when he comes across Harlow stealing a pie their i
Gena Showalter Fans: The Hotter You Burn (Heartbreakers #2) 1 22 Apr 17, 2014 07:21AM
  • Bad News Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #3)
  • Partner Games (Games, #6)
  • One With the Shadows (Companion, #5)
  • Make Me Crazy (Loco, Texas, #2)
  • Demon Marked (Demon Bound, #2)
  • The Catalyst (Preternaturals, #3)
  • Hunted by Darkness (Darkness #4)
  • Lady Anne’s Lover
  • Chaste (McCullough Mountain, #3)
  • Lost and Found
  • Her Prodigal Passion (Mayhem in Mayfair, #4)
  • Fanning the Flame (The Fire Trilogy, #3)
  • Tailored for Trouble (Happy Pants, #1)
  • A Song at Twilight (A Song at Twilight, #1)
  • Trained for Seduction (Spy Games, #1)
  • The Highlander's Desire (Highlander Brothers, #2)
  • Loving You Easy (Loving on the Edge, #9)
  • Under the Wire (Bad Boys Undercover, #4)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl

The Original Heartbreakers (6 books)
  • The Closer You Come (The Original Heartbreakers, #1)
  • The Harder You Fall (The Original Heartbreakers, #3)
  • Can't Hardly Breathe (The Original Heartbreakers, #4)
  • Can't Let Go (The Original Heartbreakers, #5)
  • Can't Get Enough (Original Heartbreakers, #6)