Start by marking “Unable to Resist” as Want to Read:
Unable to Resist

Unable to Resist

Ann is haunted by a past that won’t let go. The secrets lurking in Arizona are too much to handle, making a move to Nashville her best chance of survival. Her bakery is enough to keep her mind busy during the day, but the night brings nightmares that threaten to rip her in two. Tired of just living life rather than experiencing it, she’s ready to fight her demons and emerg ...more
Published June 9th 2014 by Cassie Graham (first published May 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Unable to Resist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unable to Resist

books are love
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a beautifully written wonderfully sweet swoonworthy love story through and through. Not a lot insecure drama, no cheating, no acting stupid, but two people hurt in the past trying to find their way and along the way they find each other. Once they find each other, one falls hard but sees he needs take it slow because the girl is scared and has walls around her due to her past. He opens up her world and eyes to see that it is okay to let someone in and love again. He supports her and help ...more
Ashley
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
This review can also be found on TheChiqBlog.com

This book was TOO adorbs!!!!! It was so cute and swoony, I think I fangirled my way through the entire thing!

I wasn't sure if I'd like the book because I think Duane is a terrible name, and I wasn't sure if I could swoon. But oh goodness. Give it five minutes, and he could be named Kermit. Honestly, he is getting put on my book boyfriend list pronto! Ann is also hilarious and a totally cute heroine, and I want to be her bestie!

Add in some awesome q
Kandi Steiner
Shelves: indies-who-rock
If you're looking for a sweet, tease-filled, romantic love story complete with a dash of heartache and a whole cup of hilarious - this is your book.

You can read the synopsis and get a good feel for the story line of this book, but what you won't pick up on is how you're in for so much more than you could imagine. There's heartache, discovery, breaking down walls and finding a way to re-build them with someone new. The character growth in this book is very well done and for a debut novel, the pl
Loraine Oliver
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
Unable to resist is a very well written book and until i was finished reading it I had no idea it was Cassie's first novel, that being said here is my review!

Ann is a young woman who has had several hard knocks in life by the time she has reached 18, and it is heartbreaking to read about. So she moves from her hometown in Arizona and establishes a coffeehouse in Nashville. Here she makes friends with a girl around her age and they wind up becoming as close as sisters. Ann is surviving- but she i
Sassy Southern Book Affair
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 1/2 Stars

This love story is a very well written piece full of wonderfully swoonwothy love!! When you think of a debut novel falling within the reigns of YA or NA you think of lots of drama and other issues. That is not the case with this book. Within the pages you are introduced to two people who have been hurt in the past and trying to find their way; while along the way they find each other. Once this occurs, one falls hard but sees he needs take it slow because the girl is scared an
Stephanie Marshall
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ann has her own bakery, lives and works with her best friend Liv in Tennessee. From the outside looking in, it appears that Ann has a good life, but that is far from the truth. She has a past in Arizona that continues to haunt her in her dreams and in life. She has come to except that she is destined to be alone and to never be loved, that she maybe too broken to be loved.

Duane is a gorgeous, southern gentleman, cowboy, lawyer, who had to take on many responsibilities at a young age when both of
Jennifer G.
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: would-read-again, hea, arc
I received this book as an ARC, for an exchange of an honest review.

I give Unable To Resist 5+ swooning stars.

I absolutely loved this book. I only regret not knowing about it sooner. It was one of the best books I've read.

The characters were awesome. I loved them all. Duane is just ahhhhhh, to die for, sexy as hell, H-O-T, big hearted, loyale, loving, wonderful all around southern charming guy. He had it all, but was still losing something, and didn't realize what it was until Ann came along. An
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
THIS BOOK IS SO STINKIN SWEET I WANT TO CUDDLE IT ALL DAY AND NIGHT !!

This was a quick sweet and healing read , perfect for a nice summer day and perfect when you need a break from all the lying and cheating kind !! Ann is still heartbroken over losing her high school sweetheart Kyle and also losing her father. She is plagued by nightmares of her fathers death and also plagued with the lack of desire to form relationships with men and find love again. Though she is a happy person with a few clos
Jess
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of beta reading this book. This debut novel has everything in it. The sweet swoony Duane will sweep you off your feet and sassy Ann who you instantly want as your friend. Ann has a tough time in her past and is afraid to let anyone in until she meets Duane. For some reason, she wants him in her life. This isn't your typical love story. It is a sweet romance where their relationship slowly builds. There is so much tension being built throughout this story, it will keep you on y ...more
Marissa
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC Copy for Review

Ann Daniels is doing her second favorite thing that she is good at baking and owning a bakery. The other love for her was singing but she left that behind seven years ago with the tragic death of her high school boyfriend on their graduation night. It was also the night she found out they both found out she was pregnant with her boyfriend Kyle’s baby. They decided to go out to celebrate their graduation and future when they ended up in a car crash where Kyle was killed and sh
Ashlei
Shelves: favorites
If you are looking for a book about an amazing connection between two people and amazing writing this book is for you. This is Cassie's debut novel and I had the pleasure of beta reading it for her. She takes you on a journey of heartbreak, a little bit of mystery, lots of swoon (*cough Duane *cough) and lots of laughs. Ann is hilariously sassy and beautiful. She is a fiery southern girl. She has had some hard times in her past and is working on getting past them. Ann has a special way of making ...more
Elizabeth
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Author Cassie Graham is now 2 for 2 on writing books that I couldn't put down! Yesterday was an 'Unable To Resist' marathon for me, and I was truly unable to resist absorbing each and every word of this delightful novel.

In just a few pages I was fully absorbed into these wonderful characters. The author's writing style flows effortlessly and draws you into the characters' lives with ease.

The character of Ann is so relatable and I found myself empathizing with her and cheering her along as she
Hooked On Books
Jun 30, 2014 rated it really liked it

Unable to resist if about a woman named Ann who has struggled with the guilt and loss of her father who was murdered. She throws herself into work at the bakery she runs with her friends.

When she decides to fight to get answers about her fathers death, she enlists the help of Duane, the gorgeous, sexy lawyer whom she ran into at the bar the night before.

Duane is a successful lawyer and ranch owner who has no time for a personal life. He has dated women before but has never found one to peek his
The Book Fairy Reviews
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was caught the first page!
A debut novel that hit everything you would want in a book and more. Cassie gives us a book that is filled with love, passion, laughter and heart ache. Ann, looks at life with humor making light of the most serious of situations. Hot and heavy Ann and Duane heat up the pages of this book. You won't want to put this book down, but make sure you that you are prepared to run through the gamut of emotions as this book will hold you till the end. I loved it!
multitaskingmomma
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Join the Blog Tour and Get a chance to win prizes by joining the #Giveaway!

Review excerpt:

From the very start, Cassie Graham grabs at your interest in Unable to Resist. It's so very refreshing to read a true, romantic novel where the hero and heroine don't jump in bed with each other five minutes into the first chapter. You could cut the tension on these pages!
Tracy Lundy-Munn
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Unable to Resist is a stand alone book by Cassie Graham. The storyline was solid and well thought out. Love the depth and emotion the Cassie put onto the characters. The characters also had some amazing chemistry and truly a beautiful love story.
Peggy
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lesson of hurtful past learning to heal. Sweet story! Well written and easy to follow. Well worth the read!
Janelle
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, romantic read. My kind of book! Ann is so funny and a bit of a smart ass but easy to like. This book had a great story line and likeable characters.
Jessica Wannamaker
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
A story about a chance few encounters between Duane and Ann that take them from lust for one another to solving her dads death, to healing her heart post Kyle, and overcoming his broken childhood.

It includes their support, her 3 best friends, his brother and the love that blooms.

It's a beautiful story after overcoming that sadness.
I love that we get to see Liv and Aiden (though I'd love a book about their story), and the story concluded with the birth of their son, and knowing how Aiden &
Alicia at Mean Girls Luv Books
Jun 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mglb

This book is centered on Ann who us trying to find out about her father's death. There is speculation surrounding how he died and she needs answers. She is plagued with nightmares and can't move on until she finds the truth.

In order to get Ann's mind off her nightmares and to give her a reprieve, her friend, Liv takes her out to a bar. It's there that she first lays eyes on Duane. Of course he notices her as well. But, they each leave the bar with out getting names.

Ann decides to hire a
Red Cheeks Reads
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book for an honest review. Let me start by saying that I read A LOT. IF I am not working or being a mom, I am reading. And I think that is why when I read this book, I felt like I had read it before. To me it is a great story of finding oneself mixed with a little mystery and drama, but it stops short because it feels like a rerun.

Ann has lost everything, her parents, her boyfriend, and moves to a town and denies herself love for over 7 years. Duane (I had a little iss
Sara Luck
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015-read
I didn't like this book at all. The first half and the second half are basically two separate books with the same characters. All the little mysteries get solved in the first half and then we are introduced to crazy Lauren who I guess is obsessed with Duane even though it's been three years since they dated. She even works with him, but this is the first time she goes nuts. Seems probable!
The cheesiness in this book is over the top. I wanted to barf through most of it.
Last, the don't actually h
beth myrick
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
Two for what could have been a good plot

The execution just killed it. The writing and the characters were so sappy sugar sweet my teeth hurt. I'm contemplating a call to my dentist. This couple read like two best girlfriends. Always.....forever.....these two words played over and over until I gagged. I know it was over and over because I skipped 75% of this book, possibly more, just begging for the end. Even with all the skipping, and I'm talking page after page, it just kept going on and on wit
Megan
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
Started off strong and different but then everything happened so fast and then it was over and I still had 40% of the book left to read- where nothing really happened. The obvious quick ex was a small play but literally NOTHING HAPPENED. I also became tired of the extra heavy mush. It felt as though they didn't have conversations anymore except those covered in a flower mush.
Louise
Jun 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: rrr-blog
READ AND REVIEWED ON BEHALF OF FICTIONAL MENS PAGE FOR BOOK HOS

space
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing

The book kept me wanting to read more. Their story was what drew me in and kept me there. The best so far.
Marlene Lemus
Dec 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Ugh

Took to long to get the point.. to many unnecessary scenes. Not worth what I paid. Don't waste ur time
Krista Gervais
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars.

This was a cute book. Not the typical story-line, which was good. But overall wasn't overly amazing and it was a bit corny but it was sweet.
Dual POV adds an extra bonus.

Sandra Herrada
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story was amazing. It was sweet and fun with a little bit of drama built right in. Ann and Duane melted my heart and had me cheering them on through the entire story. I believe everyone needs a little Ann and Duane in their life.

• Stay Vertical (The Bare Bones MC #2)
  • Heat (Salisbury Stories, #1)
  • All Fired Up (Sin City Uniforms, #1)
  • Always (Always #1)
  • Flight Dreams (Mark Manning Mystery, #1)
  • The Need To Touch (Stay True #1)
  • A Courageous Ride (The Bullriders, #3)
  • The V Unit
  • Hazel Takes Over (Lyon Road Vets, #3)
  • Foxe Fire (Skyler Foxe Mystery, #4)
  • Encounter (Encounters, #1)
  • Nights Like These
  • Saving Alexander
  • Brac Pack Halloween Murder Mystery (Brac Pack #32)
  • Love Lessons Learned (Love Lessons Learned, #1)
  • The Final Rule (My Brother's Keeper, #3)
  • Capture (Torsere, #1)
  • Secrets in the Air (Secrets, #1)
A chocolate mistress, Cassie Graham is a born and raised Arizona girl. Her sass knows no bounds and almost always has something kind to say, no matter the situation. She runs a platform of love and strives to bring those attributes out in every book she writes.

Cassie studied English and literature in college and has an intense love for fairytales. Go figure. Though she loves a good fairytale, she
“You are worthy. You are meant to love, and to be loved.” 8 likes
“Pure and soft, the melody is entrancing. Haunting. I’m glued to my seat, waiting, hoping for the next enthralling sound. I’d close my eyes if I weren’t afraid I’d miss a second of his performance.” 2 likes