Start by marking “Satellite of Love (Drawn to the Rhythm, #1)” as Want to Read:
Satellite of Love (Drawn to the Rhythm, #1)

Satellite of Love

(Drawn to the Rhythm #1)

They love each other. Will the rest of the world let them?

Reluctantly on her way to a blind date, second grade teacher Maureen detours into her mechanic’s garage because her brakes are squeaking. Her regular mechanic isn’t there but his very intriguing brother Michael is. Michael tells her that he can’t let her drive home with her brakes in that condition and offers to tak
Published February 3rd 2014 by Lyrical Press (first published February 3rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Satellite of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Satellite of Love

Start your review of Satellite of Love (Drawn to the Rhythm, #1)
Sabine
Jun 04, 2016 rated it liked it
It was a nice book but it really bothered me that Bear's team mates were so hostile towards Maureen. Yes, I get it - meeting each other and proposing marriage after one week does sound crazy.. But it happens! And who are they to jugde? One is married to a stripper and Brian's wife Bonnie was a real bitch who trapped him into marriage by getting pregnant. She never fussed over the fact that she has to sign a pre-nup and still they treated her like she was sucking every dime from Michael while she ...more
Gina
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fun rock star romance with witty dialogue and two vastly different yet likeable characters. Second grade teacher Maureen's on her way to a blind date when her bad brakes cause her to detour to her local mechanic instead. But the shop owner, Tony, isn't there. She meets Tony's younger brother, Michael, a guy with lots of eye appeal. While Michael volunteers to fix her brakes, he's not a mechanic. He's a rock star who came home for a visit before beginning a tour for his band's new album ...more
Kristen Lewendon
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
I loved the premise behind this book: the down-to-earth good girl and the bad boy Rockstar fighting for their love. It sounded like it was going to be sweet and fun. But it wasn’t really those things at all. Instead, I found it to be uncomfortable reading. The author wasn’t kidding with the preface note warning that there were nasty friends and family ahead. For me, their nastiness was too over the top: the supporting cast are all losing their minds over things they have no say or control over. ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She's a teacher and he's a Rockstar what are the chances of them having a happily ever after? On her way to a blind date, Maureen's brakes start to really start screeching causing her to pull in to her mechanic's place of business. What she finds instead of Tony is his brother. After taking a look he tells her she has to leave the car which puts into play the beginning of a relationship that will alter the course of their lives.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntaril
Donise
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What happens when you take an elementary school teacher and pair her with a famous rock star that she thinks is just a car mechanic? It is a rollercoaster ride of hot sex, heated discussions, insecurities, misunderstandings and love.....not necessarily in that order. I was not ready for the book to end and I am definitely reading the next one in the series. I hope some of the secondary characters get a HEA in future stories. I love where the book got it's title from.
Cali Jewel
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Highly entertaining, emotionally engaging, sexy fun, action packed and thrilling romantic journey. Opposites attract and cling for the better kinda romance that had me reading all night long to find out what happened next. Great reading.
Barbara
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story ends to fast it needs an epilogue to let us know how the lawsuit goes, I hope we get an answer in the next book. This is a great story otherwise, I enjoyed reading it. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Pat
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The good storyline and the well detailed characters made this book a very enjoyable read! I always look forward to reading more from this author!
L-D
Nov 07, 2014 rated it liked it
I bought and read this book in anticipation of reading the next book in the series which I received from the publisher via Netgalley. This is not a Netgalley arc, but I needed to read it before the next book.

This a contemporary romance and started off okay. Maureen is a school teacher who takes her car in for service. Her regular mechanic is not there, but she meets his brother, Michael. The book description already gives away that he is Bear D'Amato, drummer of a rock band named Touchstone. Mau
Vina Arno
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Maureen, a second grade teacher, falls for Michael, the drummer of a famous band called Touchstone—except she knows him as her mechanic’s brother and she thinks he’s also a mechanic. He’s rock ‘n’ roll, while she’s three Rs. Their unlikely romance is supposed to last only for a weekend, but the more they get to know each other, the stronger their connection. I like the way the hero and heroine stick together in spite of their respective problems. She gets to see the band’s behind-the-scenes mayh ...more
⚜️Trea
Sep 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
I really wasn't impressed with this book. I kept setting it aside and coming back to it, like it couldn't hold my attention. The ending was abrupt and nothing was resolved. The romance was rocky and somewhat unbelievable, even for a Rock Star Romance. The characters were hard to connect with, and more to the point, I didn't get invested in them. I doubt I'll continue the series and will likely both delete this free read from my Kindle and avoid the author in the future.
Harmony Williams
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book had me from the very first page. I love the author's snappy, sarcastic voice. It had me laughing through most of the book! The hero is drool-worthy, and I adored the heroine. The sexual chemistry between the two popped off the page. What I liked best is how the author gave the characters time to get to know each other before they fell head-over-heels in love.

A great book! I'll definitely be picking up the next one in the series!
Jolie Mason
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved. Loved. Loved.

Dialogue, ohmigosh. I laughed two days later from the characters dialogue. It was fantastic. Some of the best she's ever written. Beyond that, it's a nice foray into a fantasy for some. An ordinary teacher meets hot rock and roller. I mean who hasn't had that one about Hozier? Cannot wait for the next one.
Rose helg
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good Book

This Book was Good. It kept you interested. Love, can happen at first sight. I like the ending, but I think it could, have been better. It could have, said" Two Years Later"and had some kids.
Thea
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
it wasn't bad but it wasn't amazing...
Shannon Ellingson
rated it did not like it
Nov 02, 2015
Gennie Goh
Sep 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• Star Crossed
  • Gods of the Arena (Unearthly Lust, #1)
  • Better When It Hurts (Stripped, #2)
  • Gray Wolf Security (Gray Wolf Security, #1-5)
  • Full Moon Security: The Complete 5 Books Series
  • Lord Havelock's List (Regency Bachelors #1)
  • For Love of Honor: A Bad Boy Military Romance (Stone Brothers Book 2)
  • An Escapade and An Engagement
  • Martinis After Dark
  • Million Dollar Marriage (Million Dollar, #2)
  • Dragon Security: Boxed Set (Dragon Security, #1-6)
  • Not Just a Governess (A Season of Secrets, #1)
  • Falling for the Beast (A Modern Fairy Tale Duet, #2)
  • Overture (North Security, #1)
  • The Rogue's Disgraced Lady (The Notorious St Claires, #3)
  • Million Dollar Devil (Million Dollar, #1)
  • The Wolf Within (Purgatory, #1)
  • Concerto (North Security, #2)
Born in Northeast Ohio, Christa has lived on four different continents (including both sides of Asia)and traveled extensively. She has an extremely elaborate fantasy life and has been known to forget that the bands she made up don't exist to the extent that she has shopped for their albums on iTunes.

Join my mailing list!

Drawn to the Rhythm (6 books)
  • Heaven Beside You (Drawn to the Rhythm, #2)
  • Waiting For a Girl Like You (Drawn to the Rhythm, #3)
  • Let Me Be the One (Drawn to the Rhythm, #4)
  • Not Second Best (Drawn to the Rhythm, #5)
  • Keep Coming Back to Love (Drawn to the Rhythm, #6)