Start by marking “Meeting Mr. Wright” as Want to Read:
Meeting Mr. Wright

Meeting Mr. Wright

Callie Kirkpatrick promised herself she’d never fall in love again.

After catching her boyfriend Ethan cheating on her, Callie decides to retire from the dating game at the ripe old age of twenty-four. Unfortunately for Callie, she’s going to have to see Ethan at her best friend’s upcoming wedding. Stranded in the airport during a weather delay on her way to the nuptials,
Published April 17th 2014 (first published April 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Meeting Mr. Wright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meeting Mr. Wright

Start your review of Meeting Mr. Wright
Hanleigh Bradley
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I recently found Cassie Cross and pretty much downloaded everything I could by her in one go because I just couldn’t resist after the first book I read. This one is amazing – no joke. Callie is attending her best friend’s wedding but ends up having a one night stand at the airport on the way there. It just so happens his name is Nate Wright and he might just be her very own Mr Right, except drama drama she’s given up on love after catching her ex cheating on her.
They part ways – well she almost
Sheilalalalala
Oct 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Barbara Jorgensen
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jumping

I absolutely loved this story. Nate and Callie are just perfect for one another. I understand her angst after finding her ex in bed with another woman, it's hard to trust again. Spending time with Nate has to show her he is a different type of man. You can't be afraid to find your happiness...you have to go for it. I could not put the book down and I didn't want it to end. Definitely recommend this book for everyone.
Linda Morey
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lots of feels -Callie and Nate. Met at the airport. She took a chance in an otherwise orderly existence. They are shocked to meet again at her best friend’s and his brother’s wedding. She doesn’t like risk especially what if’s /like getting heart broken again . Her ex had cheated on her . Course he’s at wedding too. See if Nate can win her heart . He’s great .
Alberta
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
I want to like this book and I think it’s like able for other people especially those with patience. Patience because it takes more text than I’m willing to read to reach any conclusions in the plot. Excessive beating of the same topic over and over again. I just can’t anymore and didn’t after 51%.
Jules M. Swyler
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Best book I’ve read this year. I could totally feel the passion between Callie and Nate...it was off the charts! The characters were likable and believable. Nate was genuinely a great guy! The story was ironic and cute. I really enjoyed this book!!
Viletta
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jen
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet!

For me, this is one of those books that had all the nice feels you need sometimes. The storyline was cute and so were all of the characters.
Ebony
Apr 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the HEA. I need a Mr Wright 😉
Sam
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
It was cute, quite funny and expectantly cliche (as the title would suggest), though I think the 'cliche' factor worked well with this book. While I had a fairly decent idea of what would happen, it didn't prevent the enjoyment of reading this book. The characters were entertaining, especially the snarky comments between the main two. There were several times where I laughed out loud, often more than just a giggle. The dialogue was quite cleverly written.

My main two qualms with this book are tha
Amanda R
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2014
You know the saying 'When you make plans, God laughs'? Well that seems to be the thought here. Callie has been burned, her boyfriend, *ahem* EX- boyfriend cheated on her. Now that is awful for sure but he did it in their bed and she still has to see him at her best friends wedding. Ex is friends with the groom. She's not looking forward to it but it'll work out, she'll make sure of it so her best friend can have a great wedding without drama. On the way to nuptials she's stranded in the airport ...more
Lauren
Oct 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Good, solid book

Callie has been hurt many times in her life. The latest incident is when she comes home early to find her boyfriend in bead with another woman. This breaks her heart and trust. To top it off, he is going to be at her best friend's wedding, and he's bringing a date. In the airport on the way to visit her friend, Callie meets Nate, and is instantly attracted to him, so she decides to have a one night stand with him. But to her surprise, who shows up at the pre-weddinng festivities?
menr
Callie meets Nate at the airport on the way to her best friend's wedding and they have a one-night stand... Except, it doesn't end there because they meet again. Turns out Nate is the groom's brother.

I like the sweet, heartwarming feel that the Wright family brings to the story. I also like how patient Nate is with Callie, considering all her insecurities and doubts. The plot is fairly simple and easy to get into if you're looking for a light read.

What I don't like much is how Nate seems to have
Apr 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
* Recieved through Goodreads First Reads for honest review*

This was such a short, easy to read, romance book. I was able to read it in just one day.

The story is about Callie and Nate... and is written from Callie's point of view. Callie caught her boyfriend cheating and has promised herself she'd never fall in love again. Callie is on her way to a wedding that her ex is attending also. While waiting for her flight at the airport, she decides that a one-night stand is what she needs to help her g
Ianka
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If I could give this book all the stars in the world I would!!

sometimes your plans doesn't compare to what the universe has in store for you. Callie thought she was going to swear off love forever. Then she meets a guys in the airport that she's just drawn too. She thinks it will be just a one night stand....then he turns up at her best friend's wedding. Nate is just perfect. He's trying to get her to break down her defenses. He's just there for her.

Sometimes you have to throw caution to the win
AWB
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Callie's hang ups were really frustrating. Its hard to read about an h moving on from a cheating ex, when she hasn't actually moved on. She was still in the angry phase. Not over it. And because of that she treated the H like crap, because "all men are bad". He didn't deserve it, her ex did. That dragged this from a cute read, to a mildly annoying one. Because of this, I got bored while reading. And stayed bored until the end. I was happy when I finished so I could read something else. This wasn ...more
Jo Smith
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this book! The balance between romance, great characters backing up the main stars, unexpected events, sensual sex full of emotion as well as quick relief. Nate and Callie - a chance encounter, a fortuitous coincidence, from opposite family structures, intense reactions. It's such an easy read because Cassie's writing is so fluid and the investment she puts into her story, the love she feels for her characters ensures that the reader becomes involved, intricately ensnared with ...more
Jennifer Yohe
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was everything you love about a romance novel. It was such a cute & sweet story and you can't help but fall in love with all of the characters. You find yourself identifying with them and comparing them to people you know. Too many romance books have the dramatic element added with some sort of kidnapping or huge scandal, but this book was much more relatable. You can't help but be in a good mood after reading this book.

I received a free copy of this book through Goodreads First Read.
Kate
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2014
This book was such perfect, fluffy, sweet brain candy. Sometimes you just need a really sweet book with two great characters who are into each other and have a bit of a fairy tale moment. I loved that about this book. I just felt happy while I was reading it and could shut my brain down and cuddle up with it and sigh. So lovely and adorable.

Deduction of one star because mayonnaise is mentioned. Blargh. (I keed, I keed...or do I?).
Maria
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet story about taking a chance...

As I thought about why I liked this story, it was hard to pinpoint the exact reasons why. I think more than anything I could relate to Callie, and how easy it is to decide to try to protect yourself from ever getting hurt again only to realize you're not happy with that choice either. It was fun to watch her grow and change. I am definitely going to look at other titles by this author.
Grace
Sep 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Just ok for me

## This was just OK for me. I didn't really like the heroine so I had a hard time connecting with her character. She was so negative and I just really got tired of her "woe is me" act. I couldn't figure out how the hero fell for her. She always seemed to be melancholy or jealous of one of her friends. She was even miserable at her best friend's wedding for Pete's sake. Anyway, 2.5 stars was all I could manage.
Shelby Bollinger
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down!

This book had me smiling, laughing, crying and even gaunting. It was a different kind of love story you don't hear about. All girls have their doubts when a man does them wrong. They think every guy is the same or they don't take a risk just so they won't get hurt. This book reminds you that love can come whenever and however no matter the length of time. When you know, you know. This is a must read!
Kerry Richardson
Oct 06, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked the sound of this book so decided to give it a go even though I'd not read this author before. I liked the main characters of Callie and Nate, I understood her feelings and where her reasoning came from and Nate was just adorably perfect. I did find it a bit on the long winded side but overall it was a decent book and I enjoyed reading it.
Wanda
Dec 09, 2014 rated it liked it
NOT MY CUP OF TEA

Cute romantic story about boy meets girl, she was afraid to commit 86% of the story. They only finally get together at the end of the story, so you don't get to read about their happy life. Not much else to the story. Takes place at best friend's wedding entirely. Would I recommend? If you like soft, cute romantic fairytales.
pamela d bryant
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great!

Well I really, really enjoyed this book. This is very true in life today. Having a hard time committing to someone when your heart has been broken. I was so excited when Callie went to get her man back, and Nate was there to welcome her with open arms. Great book. I recommend this book to all romance readers.
Brittany
Apr 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: nook
Such a cute fluffy book. Sometimes you just need to read a good romance book with adorable likable characters. Don't expect major plot twists and turns, it's predictable but still an overall cute easy read.
Lisa
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I`m happy I read this book. :)"Love is Love, Its not about how long it takes you to feel it, it`s about how much effort you put into it to make it last. Don`t act like its something that just happens. It`s something that you have to nurture. ...more
Char H
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
great fun book!

I really enjoy Cassie Cross books and this one is great. With a fun unique beginning and lots of romance and hot scenes throughout. Great characters and good ending. Loved it
Susan Edland
May 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
Who reads this stuff? Oh right I did

The spelling is BAD the grammar is worse. Is the proof reader being paid ? I ask myself. Oh I'm ashamed I admit to reading this, but we all need some light entertainment!
Yasmin Vasquez
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really good

I enjoyed this book a lot! Basically it's about a woman who is heart broken from a betrayal but soon meets a very handsome man who teaches her what true love is all about.

• Dr. Mitchell (Billionaires' Club #1)
  • Breaking The Ice (Providence University Book 1)
  • It Started with a Kiss (Insta-Spark Collection, #1)
  • Come Down Under
  • Declan (Undercover Billionaire #4)
  • On His Face
  • Bedhead
  • Lev (Shot Callers, #1)
  • Accidental Love
  • With This Ring
  • Outta My League (Providence University Book 4)
  • Stealing the Bride
  • Submitting to the Billionaire
  • Love at First Fight
  • Healthy Scratch (Tampa Suns Hockey #)
  • Unforeseen
  • The Wrong/Right Man
  • Forever Black (Forever, #1)
Cassie Cross is a Maryland native and a romantic at heart, who lives outside of Baltimore with her two dogs and a closet full of shoes. Cassie’s fondness for swoon-worthy men and strong women are the inspiration for most of her stories, and when she’s not busy writing a book, you’ll probably find her eating takeout and indulging in her love of 80′s sitcoms.

News & Interviews

“Life offers no guarantees, so I can’t offer them to you either. But when you meet someone you want to share your life with, the guarantees won’t matter to you. You’ll look at that person and know that being with them is worth the risk, and only then will you be willing to take it.” 1 likes
“Being alone is great, but sharing your life with someone is great, too.” 0 likes