Start by marking “Tainted Blood (Generation V, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tainted Blood (Generation V, #3)

Tainted Blood

(Generation V #3)

In the third Generation V novel, Fortitude Scott proves that working with family can be deadly…

Former film student Fortitude Scott is finally gainfully employed. Unfortunately, said employment happens to be with a group of sociopathic vampires—his family. And as much as Fort is loath to get too deep into the family business, when his brother, Chivalry, is temporarily unabl
Published November 4th 2014 by Roc

To ask other readers questions about Tainted Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tainted Blood

Start your review of Tainted Blood (Generation V, #3)
M.L. Brennan
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
As the author, I'd say that I'm possibly the second-most biased source that you could possibly locate -- the most biased being the author's mother. With that in mind, I give this book a full five stars, and only regret that I cannot add extra stars for how much I love this book.

It was awfully fun to write, and if it is merely half as much fun to read, then you guys are in for some fun. Can't wait to see what everyone thinks in November!
Mogsy (MMOGC)
4.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum http://bibliosanctum.com/2014/10/28/b...

UPDATED: If you're in the US we have a giveaway for a SIGNED copy of TAINTED BLOOD, running until 11/4/14 http://bibliosanctum.com/2014/10/28/b...

Once again, M.L. Brennan reminds me why this is one of my favorite urban fantasy series right now! I simply love how the Generation V books break so many of the genre’s rules.

First off, forget about immortal vampires that ooze sexuality from every single attractive pore on thei
Nathan
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fantasy Review Barn

Full apologies to M.L. Brennan, Soft Cell, Gloria Jones, and Ed Cobb. Sometimes I can’t stop myself.

Sometimes Fort feels he got to (da da)
Run away, he got to (da da)
Get away from the matriarch of
The family
the fate he shares (da da)
Is a dark, cursed fear
I turn up my light
No toss nor turn cause I read all night

(chorus)
Were bears called on you (they called)
A murder to solve for you
The evidence your given
Doesn’t work with the bears agenda
Kitsunes your friend but that’s not near EN
Daniel
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jos jedna vrlo zabavna knjizica koja se lako i brzo cita.

Sama prica je u sustini dosta jednostavna i predstavlja varijantu obicne who did it price, ali sami likovi njihova interakcija kao i sam razvoj glavnog lika kroz knjigu je ono sto drzi paznju i vuce te dalje.

Bas me interesuje kako ce se dalje prica razvijati.

Preporuka i dalje za ovaj serijal.
Shelley
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5

*MY Thoughts*

Tainted Blood is the THIRD installment in the Generation V series by author M.L. Brennan. Brennan's protagonist is 20 something Fortitude Scott who has been thrown into the middle of his families drama over the previous novels. It has been a month since Fort was nearly killed by his sister, Prudence who was trying to trigger his full transition. Fort is still trying to understand what it means to be a vampire, but hasn't fully come to gripes with his
Molly Mortensen
Warning: Violence and gore

My Rating: 8/10 Stars

My Summary:

While Chivalry is spending time with his dying wife, Fortitude’s been put in charge of the family business. Along with his new partner the Kitsune Suzume. It’s been mostly quiet for the first month he’s been in charge, but now the head werebear (don’t call them that) has been murdered and it’s up to Fort to investigate.

My Review:

I enjoyed the growing relationship between Fort and Suzume. They trust each other more now and confide in one a
Kristen
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another great book in what's becoming one of my favorite urban fantasy series. It's very unique and fun with great characters!

Full Review: http://www.fantasybookcafe.com/2015/0...
Sha
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One Sentence Summary: Reluctant Baby Vampire continues to be dragged into Mafia-like family affairs and winds up investigating the death of local were-bear chieftain.

Tropes: Murder Mystery, Family Drama, Succession Crisis(es). Also slow-burn wooing.

Quotes:
"The modern day metrosexual would be completely unprepared for one of my brother's discussions about picking the right colors for your skin tone."

Squeeworthy Bits: That entire conversation between Suze and Keiko, with Farid and Fort watching o
Lila
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it

Oh, Fort..... You adorable, clueless dork. :)

Ok, if you haven't jump aboard Generation V ship and you love UF- you are missing out. In a genre of bad-ass heroines and Harry Dresden look-alikes, Fortitude Scott continues to be unique hero material. :)

So, last time we saw Fort he was taking over family business of enforcing his mother's rules from Chivalry, who needed some time with his dying wife. Unsurprisingly, that is how Tainted Blood starts: with Buhmika's funeral.
Chivalry still needs time
Ami
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fortitude Scott, the youngest from the Scotts vampire clan is now taking charge with 'family business' of controlling their territory after his older brother Chivalry, stepped away for temporarily mourning. And this time, Fortitude, with the help from the kitsune, Suzume, must deal with the murder of the karhu (leader) of metsän kuniga clan (or werebear)...

It took me slightly longer to get in tune with the 3rd book of M.L. Brennan's "Generation V" series; however, once it was going, it GOT going
Bart
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-read
M.L. Brennan delivers again!

My high expectations for the third installment of the American Vampire-series were completely met.

The mystery of the book - the murder of the leader of the were-bears - is well done and has some pretty unexpected twists.

As in the first and second book it are however the 'family parts' that make this book so awesome. We learn more about the sisters of Suzume; Fort and Suzume have some fun together - Suzume's banter and pranks are great as always - and with some emoti
Melliane
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5

Mon avis en Français

My English review

Generation V is a series that I love and I was, as always, very impatient for this new volume. How not to fall under the spell of this anti-hero and Suze, this fun fox? They are both awesome and I had a great pleasure to follow them once again.

Fort has to manage the territory of his mother, especially since that the Chivalry’s wife is dead. But now a new story falls on him and not the least … In fact, the leader of a bear clan is found murdered and it is
Tori
Favorite Quote: “Life is always easier when your opponents are idiots.”

Fortitude Scott, a twenty something vampire, is attempting to handle his transition from human to full vampire with as much grace as possible but it’s hard when he’s unsure exactly what’s happening and his family isn’t exactly racing to help him. His need to hang on to his humanity defines his life but Fort is finding it harder and harder to maintain his morality when his needs are becoming more demanding. Fort is also becomi
All Things Urban Fantasy
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-by-kate
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

When I finished with TAINTED BLOOD, all I could think was "Brennan did it again!" TAINTED BLOOD is that spectacular combination of great characters, action, and sexual tension that makes a reader keep flipping the pages, desperate to know what comes next.

One thing I particularly enjoy about Brennan's writing is her ability to write such complex characters. Certain characters manage to be both repulsive and sympathetic, and the dichotomy is done really
Chris
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For a series that generally made my eyes roll upon first reading the concept, these books are some of the more entertaining reads I've committed to in a long while.

While the general concept isn't anything outside the norm for Urban Fantasy- a vampire attempting to solve supernatural crimes with a host of other nonhuman characters- Brennan manages to set herself apart almost solely through tone and humor. So many books in the genre are committed to the idea of being grim, and dark, and serious. T
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: uf
I love this series.

Brennan's vampires exist is a thoroughly f'ed up world, with an equally messed up family dynamic. This time around, Fort and Suze have to solve the murder of the leader of the werebears, deal with Fort's increasingly vampiric nature, and the implications of the frailty of the Scott family matriarch. While I love Fort and Suze's ever evolving relationship, it's the almost-vampire's interactions with his older sister Prudence that were among my favorite parts of the book. She's
Dr susan
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Tainted Blood. I hate spoilers, so I seldom read reviews before I read a book, unless the author is unknown to me. I happened to read a less than wonderful review of Tainted Blood last week. Having finished Tainted Blood, I am certain the reviewer should reread Generation V and Iron Night, then reread Tainted Blood. Fort is the way he is due to Madeline's choices in creating and raising him. Brennan is not looking to pull a rabbit out of a hat and give Fort an unrealistic happily ever aft ...more
RachelW (BamaGal)
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
The case being investigated here, the murder of the werebear leader, was interesting. What makes these books for me, however, is Fort maneuvering the ins and outs of the vampire politics of his world. It leaves me wondering about the changes coming if Fort indeed becomes the leader of his family after his full transition. He is far more modern than the other (very old) vamps in his family.

Good book in a good UF series. Brennan has a different and interesting take on vampires, and of the other pa
*Suzy (ereaderuser)*
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There are so many things to love about this book, and the entire series. The differences between the Scott kids for one. And the interaction between Fort and Prudence is priceless.

The fact that each book is a little mystery for Fort and his shapeshifter girlfriend Susume to solve keeps things interesting.

And perhaps the thing I enjoy the most is the humor. Is there really anything better in a book that already has wonderful characters, and a great story, than an author that can make you laugh ou
RIN ಠ_ಠ
4.5 stars! Fort and Suze <3

Novembeeeeeeer
Steph
(4.5 stars)
Darcy
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, e-book, shifters, uf, vampires, rw
With each book it seems like Fort is coming into his own more. I really like that he doesn't just go with what the family says or does, but thinks things through and does the right thing. This was especially shown to us when Fort witnessed how his sister got her blood versus how his brother did. Both ways seemed to screw with Fort's mind and I think he will come up with a different way, one all his own, that won't hurt people. That last part is what makes Fort, Fort, but I fear it will be used a ...more
Sana
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.25
Megan
Oh Fort, you fool, you are so doomed if you ever lose your street smart kitsune bud, because you know nothing, Fort Snow. But I will continue to love reading this series!
Lynn Williams
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Do I love this series or what! Let me count the ways in which I love it. Well, firstly, I seem to have gobbled up the first three books in fairly short order, secondly, it’s got two very likable leads – one of which is a very cool Kitsune, thirdly, it’s fast paced, action packed and pretty funny, fourthly it brings something a little new to what could be deemed as a genre that is becoming a bit jaded, fifthly – what the hell, do you need any more, really –
Jordan
May 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
I don't really like vampires at all. ...more
Julie
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

Tainted Blood is the third book in what quickly became one of my most favorite Urban Fantasy series. The Generation V / American Vampire series by ML Brennan features a compelling hero, an incredible and hilarious almost-heroine and the most unique vampire-based world I have come across in a long while. It is an example of superior UF writing and this latest installment is just as amazing as the first two.

Thanks to his brother being preoccupied with other
Blodeuedd Finland
It was good...and that is the problem. It was good, while previous books were awesome. I enjoyed it, but it did not grab me as book 1 and 2 did. So while I liked it, it did make me fear for book 4. If book 4 is also good, well sometimes that is a dealbreaker for me. I need an awesome thrown in here and there. Sometimes good is all I need, while other times not. Do not ask me how. I have no idea. I can read an entire series where all the books are good, but not awesome. And then I can read a seri ...more
Cheryl
Keith
Apr 17, 2014
Jo
Apr 20, 2014

• Broken Souls (Eric Carter, #2)
  • Hungry Ghosts (Eric Carter, #3)
  • Chosen (Alex Verus, #4)
  • Charming (Pax Arcana, #1)
  • Avenger (Sanctuary, #2)
  • Champion (Sanctuary, #3)
  • A Vigil in the Mourning (Soulbound, #4)
  • Death Unleashed (The Rebellion Chronicles, #2)
  • Master (Sanctuary. #5)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound, #3)
  • Warlord (Sanctuary, #6)
  • Heretic (Sanctuary, #7)
  • Prodigal Son (Orphan X, #6)
  • Defender (Sanctuary, #1)
  • Assassin's Code (Joe Ledger, #4)
  • The King of Plagues (Joe Ledger, #3)
  • The Dragon Factory (Joe Ledger, #2)
  • Extinction Machine (Joe Ledger, #5)
M.L. Brennan is the author of the Generation V series - GENERATION V, IRON NIGHT, TAINTED BLOOD, and DARK ASCENSION, all published by Roc. Brennan holds an MFA in writing and is employed as an adjunct professor at several New England colleges.

For Brennan's thoughts on writing, publishing, and the world in general, please check out her official webpage at http://www.mlbrennan.com

Generation V (4 books)
  • Generation V (Generation V, #1)
  • Iron Night (Generation V, #2)
  • Dark Ascension (Generation V, #4)