Start by marking “Guerra sin cuartel, parte 1 (Los muertos vivientes, #20)” as Want to Read:
Guerra sin cuartel, parte 1 (Los muertos vivientes, #20)

Guerra sin cuartel, parte 1

(The Walking Dead (Collected Editions) #20)

El mayor arco argumental de Los Muertos Vivientes comienza en este volumen. Rick y su némesis se enfrentan en una batalla sin tregua en la que nadie puede elegir la neutralidad. Si todavía no conoces a Ezequiel, Jesus o Negan, ¡no te pierdas esta saga! Y si los conoces... ni te imaginas lo que Robert Kirkman tiene preparado para ellos..
Published April 29th 2014 by Planeta DeAgostini

To ask other readers questions about Guerra sin cuartel, parte 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guerra sin cuartel, parte 1

Start your review of Guerra sin cuartel, parte 1 (Los muertos vivientes, #20)
Jeff
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix
The library finally got a copy of The Walking Dead, Volume 20: All Out War Part 1 in stock. Was it worth the wait?

In a word: No!

First, take a look at the title. It says Part 1. Which means nothing much gets resolved and Kirkman is playing the old dithering, meandering game. The one where nothing happens. The plot just spins around on its axis. It’s the same game I play with my wife when she asks me to do some sort of "important" chore around the house.

Wife: Honey, could you please do (insert any
Alejandro
The war finally started

This is the third volume of "The Walking Dead", collecting the comic book issues from #115 to #120.

Creative Team:

Writer: Robert Kirkman

Illustrators: Charlie Adlard

Additional gray tones to inking: Cliff Rathburn

Chapter Twenty

ALL OUT WAR – PART ONE

…I believe in Rick Grimes.

It was odd that the war is easily the weakest part since the introduction of the Saviours.

Maybe because, Negan started to make clumsy mistakes in his strategies against Rick’s group. And you aren't
Raeleen Lemay
I really enjoyed this volume! Excited to read part two of this war story arc.

(Side note: Negan made an Arrested Development reference and I really appreciated that lol)
Chris
Honestly, this was my least favorite book of the series so far. It had its moments, but it felt forced in places. In others I struggled with the artwork and narrative because the story seemed to jump abruptly. I even had to turn back and make sure I hadn't skipped a page a couple of times.

Still good, but not of the same quality as earlier entries. I'm hoping that since it's a "part 1", much of what's lacking will be made up for in the "part 2".
Melki
"I know none of us are soldiers..but until this is over...let's keep that to ourselves."

So, Rick basically says, "Mr. Negan, tear down this wall!" When Negan offers up a rather impolite response, it's time for the bullets to start a-flyin' !

Yup, the action heats up quickly in this one.

Rick has a well-thought-out plan. It certainly seems like they stand a chance. But, war is war and there will be plenty of casualties. And it's a strange war indeed when the dead prove to be your allies.

Once
Sam Quixote
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When superhero comics do purely fight stories, they tend to be pretty terrible (like Marvel’s AVX or DC’s Trinity War), but when The Walking Dead does it? Home run!

Maybe it’s because Robert Kirkman’s built up the characters over so long that we now care about them, or maybe it’s because the characters aren’t decades-old superheroes who will never die. Maybe it’s a more tense situation as Kirkman’s shown that he has no issues with taking out major characters to shake up a story.

Or maybe it’s
Becky
Well I totally called the returnee's state of return... Though I wasn't sure if it would take place. I thought that would cause the most panic. Sorta right... The grenades were a nice touch.

I actually think that Negan believes his line about being the saviors... That it's not just for show and free stuff. Interesting.

The war rages on... Gotta get back.
Mike
The art is still terrible. Blasé, scrawled during action sequences, generic acting on the faces, and dimly lit.

The action is better - when it's ramping up I'm turning pages fast - partly to get past the garbage dialogue (especially the horrendous bile that comes out of Negan's mouth - no one needs to savour that, no matter how "real" Kirkman tells himself it is, it's still shit coming out of *his* head).

But when the action slows down it's a chore to read - or downright mystifying.

Once in a
Nicole Alycia
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved all the action in this one! Can't wait to see what's in store in Part 2!
Sesana
Jan 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Look, everybody! It's forward momentum in the story! I kid, but only a little. Finally, we have the direct confrontation between Negan and his Saviors and Rick and everybody else. Plenty of action, and plenty of deaths. Of course. Negan remains as frightening and fascinating as before, which is good. I think I may be getting tired of most of the rest of these people. I really hope that this is building up to Kirkman's grand finale on the series, because I'd much rather that he go out explosively ...more
RJ
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All this war stuff makes you almost forget about, you know, the zombies everywhere.
Andrew Reed
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've decided that The Walking Dead will probably be my #1 favorite graphic novel series of all time. The storytelling in this is better than most books. This war storyline between Rick and Negan is remarkable.
Artemy
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, image-comics
Okay, that shit was pretty cool. Aside from a few minor Kirkmanian cringe-worthy moments (I BELIEVE IN RICK GRIMES double pager comes to mind), this was an awesome volume of TWD. Didn't think I would ever say that.
Gabby
Holy shit this volume wasn't kidding about the "All Out War" title. This volume was nothing but bloody, insane war. It was action packed and intense and I loved it. I love how fierce Rick is in this volume. H'es finally taking control and being a true leader again. I keep thinking Negan can't possibly get any worse and every single volume is proving me wrong.

SPOILERS BELOW
I thought Negan was actually a pretty decent guy when he stopped Holly form being raped. That surprised me because I didn't
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2016, graphic-novels
Oh my god, what a rollercoaster of a volume! Negan & Rick are both so smart when it comes to war tactics, they're pretty much level with each other. I was on the edge of my seat for a lot of the issues! I can't wait to read part 2, hopefully it will conclude after more crazy battles. There were a lot of deaths in this volume, which didn't really phase me because Robert Kirkman will kill anyone BUT (view spoiler) ...more
Kim
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies-invade
Man Kirkmans mind is CRAZY!!! But I kinda am digging it! But seriously how many times can you say the f-word in a comic? A freakin billion times apparently.
Michael (Mai)
May 16, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I think this is my break up volume. I haven't read The Walking Dead in so long and coming back to all that despair is hard. I've read Invincible and to me, that's Kirkman's best work. It had contrast of bright colors and happy-ish storylines to the deep brutality that are also in its pages. This is all just dark. Each chapter's goal is out suck the faith in humanity out of you. I don't even care about the characters anymore. So, goodbye Walking Dead. I will not miss the pain you put me through.
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

At least something is HAPPENING. And Maggie ain't a complete waste of oxygen.

Though Rick is still alive and consistency is for LOSERS. I'm pretty sure Negan was a professional bully in his previous life - or a politician (same thing? ZING!!)

If Kirkman lets Rick live and kills Jesus, THINGS WILL GET UGLY PEOPLE.
Mindy
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I stopped reading these because I was afraid of spoilers for the T.V. show. Judging where the show is going now, I think it's safe to continue. This was a good one! Lots of action and fun comparisons to the show. Can't wait to read the next one!
Ryan Buckby
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First read: May 30th 2016
Re-read: December 8th

the war is raging on and things are going to get even more crazy before they start to go back to somewhat of normal in the walking dead universe. some of the Alexandrian's, Hilltop and the Kingdom residents are on the move and ready to take the fight to Negan at his compound and hope to kill him right there and there but of course things never go as plan in true walking dead style.

Holly sacrifices herself and drives a car through the Saviours
Richelle
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
things were going well at the beginning of the war.. now.. ah.. not so much!
we've lost ALOT of people and one very special characters :'(
everything is in dismay..some have been bit.. some are wounded..
Negan made his final stand with grenades*.. and then left.. saying that seeing the smoke in the distance is proof enough that he won..
where the group goes from here I have no idea..
will they be able to pick up the pieces and push on? I really don't know this time.. are the walls still standing?
Sarah T.
You know... I wish this series would just end.

JUST STAHP ALREADY!

It's pretty rare that I find reading "The Walking Dead" to be a satisfying way to pass the time anymore. Rick et. al. make plans, the plans get fucked up, lots of people die, rinse and repeat. That's it. That is all this series has EVER been, and nothing seems to be changing on that front. Yet, I can't stop checking out the latest volume from the library because I want to know how it ends.

I'm sure it won't have some sort of
Lauren Stoolfire
Rick and his allies find themselves in an all out war with Negan and the Saviors. So much hangs in the balance of this conflict. Each side will be sure to suffer horrific loses in battle.

After the relative slowness of the previous installment, the action doesn't waste any time kicking into high gear. A number of characters on both sides get taken out, some of who have been around a little while. One thing can be said for certain, though, Negan is one tough customer.
Kate
Rick has allied with the Kingdom and another group and they're after Negan and ready to win... but are they ready for the losses they might face?

I felt like this was a realistic battle, where it isn't just one side obviously winning. It's Part 1, so the ending leaves the outcome with a big question mark. Negan continues to surprise me, but I still don't want him to win...
Danielle
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, read-in-2015
Really loved this one! I swear, if Negan isn't gone by the end of the next volume I'm going to be so mad
Nadine
Holy shit that was intense!!
Christine (KizzieReads)
I really hope Negan gets it soon. Such an a-hole!!
Kaisersoze
Maybe it's because I'm still tainted by the horrendous job the TV series did of bringing this storyline to Season 8, but this one did not hit me as hard or as effectively as I'd hoped it would. Negan is a far more menacing figure in the comics, and their escape from the trap Rick and co spring for them works better, but otherwise this was a very perfunctory volume in what has largely been, until now. one of the best series ever.

Will see if the second half of the "All Out War" arc improves.
Mateen Mahboubi
Seems as dragged out as usual but I'll give it a slight pass since it seems to be setting up for an epic conclusion of this chapter of the series and had a few decent set pieces that were enjoyable.
Anthony
Jan 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: image
All Out War. The 12 part storyline intended to reignite your interest in The Walking Dead. And nothing, of course, will ever be the same again.

Here's the thing, Negan as an antagonist is annoying. There's nothing about him at all that's interesting (except maybe his weapon of choice, Lucille, because 2by4's wrapped in barbed wire are pretty cool). He's a Governor type architect character but turned up to 11. So when you do a big storyline, which to be fair has been building for a while now,

• Chew, Vol. 8: Family Recipes
  • 100 Bullets: The Deluxe Edition Book IV
  • 100 Bullets: The Deluxe Edition Book II
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Micro-Series, Volume 1
  • The Boys Omnibus Vol. 1
  • Chew, Vol. 10: Blood Puddin'
  • Saga, Vol. 8
  • Chew, Vol. 9: Chicken Tenders

The Walking Dead (Collected Editions) (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye