Start by marking “Little Miss Evil” as Want to Read:
Little Miss Evil

Little Miss Evil

When you live in a volcano, ride to school in a helicopter, and regularly see your dad on the news with the caption “EVIL GENIUS” underneath his picture, it takes a lot to rattle you.

Until you get a message that says: We have your father. Deliver the NOVA in 24 hours or we will kill him.

What’s a NOVA you ask? It’s a nuclear bomb capable of turning the city into a
Published March 10th 2015 by Spencer Hill Middle Grade

Start your review of Little Miss Evil
Lola
Well this was fun! A quick middle grade read full of action and humour.

I’ve never read a story relating the life of a thirteen-year-old teenage girl being the daughter of a super-villain. I’ve read DNF’d one with a guy being the son of a serial killer though, but it wasn’t half as entertaining as this one.

Fiona was the perfect character to narrate this story: She was human enough to understand how wrong it was of his father to do such villainous things and she even wanted to be a doctor. It
Mariℓina
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
2,5 Stars!
I'm not entirely sure of what i just read. For me it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. The story was unique and very nicely written but it had a lot of problems from the characters aspect. Few of them were underdeveloped and Fiona wasn't too endearing as a lead heroine.

It reminded me a little bit of Despicable Me, and Bolt in the premise which was great. But in many occasion the storyline felt rushed and short and some things were somewhat lame, kids these days are much more sharp
Ivonne Rovira
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: superheroes and super-villains alike
Recommended to Ivonne by: NetGalley
Imagine that Scott Evil, the hapless son of the Austin Powers film franchise super-villain Dr. Evil, had lived with his father during his high-school years. That would be Fiona Ng, the daughter of Manson Ng, characterized as “evil super-villain extraordinaire.” Fiona’s a girl accustomed to taking a helicopter to New Valley Middle School rather than a carpool, to living inside a lair in a volcano, and to getting a flame-throwing arm device for her thirteenth birthday.

But Fiona hates all of that:
Stacy
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fiona lives inside a volcano, rides to school in a helicopter, and gets birthday gifts of the exploding and flame throwing variety. It's what you'd expect from the daughter of a super villain, but Fiona wants no part of it. She would do just about anything to avoid following in her Evil Genius father's footsteps, but when her dad is kidnapped her plans for a normal life are thrown into a tailspin as she fights to rescue him, and the city, from destruction.

I had the good fortune of getting to
Caspette
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun book! As Donkey from Shrek would say "let's do that again". I could easily read this book again and I really enjoyed it from start to finish. The book was is just pure fun.

The book is a short read that is easily knocked over by most readers in a day or two. However for such short quick read it is action packed and full of humour.

There was a great mix of plot development, action and humour which was set to a cracking pace. The book was fast paced but never rushed. During the
Ben Langhinrichs
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 4th to 8th graders
It is hard enough having crazy parents who are normal crazy, but when you live in a volcano, ride a helicopter to school and your dad is an evil super-villain with a super-weapon, things can get seriously out of control.

Fortunately, Fiona's two best friends are also the kids of evil super-villains who understand what it's like. Even though their parents don't talk to each other, Fiona, Ruby and Jai stay friends.

Unfortunately, Ruby's evil super-villain pilots attack Fiona's volcano, wage war on
Majanka
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/reviews/...

Little Miss Evil is an original, entertaining story about Fiona, the daughter of a supervillain, or evil genius if you will, who lives in a vulcano, spends her days with her dad’s minions/soldiers/army and his newest inventions (including an arm that shoots fire for her thirteenth birthday) and in short, is anything but normal. It’s the first story I’ve read featuring this premise, and it was definitely unique and
Annie
Mar 03, 2015 added it
Just a fun quite middle grade book that messes with the idea of what makes a good guy good and a bad guy bad. I love Fiona Ng. She's just a normal girl whose father happens to be an evil genius scientist, and she isn't an automatically great super villain, despite her father's insistence, but when it comes to protecting the people she loves, she is whatever she needs to be. I also love that her name is Ng. That means so much to me, even though I'm just about 30 and long past the age range ...more
Ashley
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book from Netgalley and I immediately liked it! The book starts off with lots of action and it's easy to relate to the main character. I really enjoyed how the triangle of characters. It made me think of "Despicable Me," but with middle schoolers and evil parents. But, I'm not sure if I would really classify Fiona's father as evil. Yes, he creates evil weapons and does evil things, but you can really see how much he loves his daughter. I might call him more eccentric than evil.

Heather Brown
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: elementary, middle grades
Fiona is the daughter of one of three local Evil Geniuses, but even though it breaks her father's heart, she just wants to be a normal person. When their Evil Lair is attacked and her father kidnapped, Fiona uses her own genius and the "toys" her father has made to rescue him. Can she find out where he is being held and who she can trust before everything explodes?
Little Miss Evil will be a big hit with lower and middle grade students
Karma
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read an early version of LITTLE MISS EVIL, and it's the book I can't wait to read to/with my daughter! Fun and fearless, Fiona makes a fantastic heroine -- and I laughed and cheered her on throughout the story. This should be a must read for any kid (especially a little girl) who has ever dreamed of becoming a superhero :)
Angelica Jackson
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fans of Despicable Me and The Incredibles will love the diabolical-family vibe of Fiona and her supervillian dad, complete with crew of super-soldiers and henchmen. This was an entertaining, quick read with plenty of heart! (I read it through NetGalley)
Roselle
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A funny, amazing ride to a super villain's world through the eyes of feisty Fiona! This is a wonderful book for any age! I was lucky enough to read this at the early stage and I loved it! Highly recommended for those looking for a strong female heroine and comic book fans.
Laurel Gale
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of reading an ARC of this book. It was a hilarious, fast-paced read with a lot of laugh-out-loud lines. Very entertaining.
Sharon L
Feb 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-2015, netgalley
really cute.

RTC
Mike Grosso
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an fun, silly middle grade book! A lot of my fourth graders are going to eat this one up when it hits shelves.
Michelle (FabBookReviews)

If you mixed together Spy Kids, The Incredibles, Despicable Me, Ruby Redfort, added in some insane actions sequences and topped it off with a bit of evil cackling, you might come out with something like Little Miss Evil.

The novel opens with our narrator, Fiona, celebrating her thirteenth birthday with her father. But there are a few things which distinguish Fiona's birthday from a lot of other teen birthdays: one, Fiona lives inside a heavily guarded volcano; two, she receives a flamethrower as
Harold Walters
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
A GoodReads GiveAway

This book answers a worrisome question: What happens if a 13 year old girl — daughter of an Evil Genius — is given a flame-throwing gadget for her birthday?

Fiona Ng, who lives in a giant hollowed-out volcano, is given a flamethrower that fastens to her arm like a large bionic mitten for her birthday, a do-dad that is capable of shooting thirty-foot flames.

Fiona is one of the Kingpins, a trio of off-spring of the local Evil Geniuses. While she and Jai and Ruby maintain a
AmandaEmma
Mar 14, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review, dnf, reviewed
I received a digital copy from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review
This is a short DNF-review

I have to admit that the main reason I wanted to read this was because of the title. My blog is called Little Miss Reader so I figured it was a great match..

With that said I very quickly put Little Miss Evil down, I didn't like the writing style and I found it quite boring. The father was weird, he does not seem like a villain and I didn't really get him. The daughter,
Julie Williams
Mar 22, 2015 rated it liked it
This is one of those books I am not sure what to do with. Look at the cover. To me it screams cutesy, younger elementary and I was almost expecting graphics or pictures. From the description I was thinking something along the lines of The Incredibles, MegaMind, or something along those lines.

Then I start reading and within the first few chapters we have swearing, quite a bit of violence, and bullying.

So I actually liked the book but I feel like the cover just threw off the whole feel of the
Gail Nall
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 15ers, arc, middle-grade
This book is a non-stop action ride with tons of laughs thrown in. It's a super fast read that's impossible to put down once your start. The book begins with Fiona, the main character's, birthday and the gift she receives from her dad -- a flamethrower, not exactly what she wanted. But considering that she lives in a volcano, takes a helicopter to school every day, and her dad is a super villain -- it's kind of expected. Fiona's not the least bit interested in following in her father's ...more
Mz. Diana Gagliardi
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Poignant, sweet, with a lot of evil cackling.

Fiona has to learn that you can't try to pretend to be something you're not, and the girl whose Dad is an evil villain and gives her a flamethrower for her 13th birthday...well, it doens't matter how much she WANTS to be "normal" she can't. All she can do is try to figure out what's normal for her.

And in this case, it's blowing people up and rescuing her dad.

Enjoy!
Kirsti Call
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
My kids and I had a lot of fun reading this book about the daughter of a super villain who just wants to be normal! What a fun premise! The book is well written and filled with action. Very fun read.
Stacey
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fun story about a young girl who has to save her super villain father from a kidnapping! Would definitely recommend, especially if you are looking for a story with a female protagonist to share with your kids. Loved the characters and the humor in the story.
Jamie Rae
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love this story!! Full Review coming soon!
Amber Brown
Very cute for the lower middle grade range!
Tracy Bailey
Sep 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
Didn't care for this at all. Some elementary students may enjoy.
Jean Daly
Sep 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
Wow, I really did not like this book. I felt like I was reading a Power Puff Girls comic, and indulging the authors in doing so.
Drucilla
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: l
Actual rating: 2.5 stars. There's nothing super wrong with this book. It's predictable, mostly because it's short and characters/world-building/plot aren't fleshed out enough, but it's still somewhat enjoyable. It did make me smile a few times.
Teresa
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Seriously funny: 13-year old Fiona gets a body-wear flame thrower from her famous, robot obsessed evil genius, but needs to get to school. And then one of the other two evil genius parents attacks their volcano home.
« previous 1 3 next »