Start by marking “28 Pages” as Want to Read:
28 Pages

28 Pages

Heather Grahl, a young Washington, D.C. lawyer, receives a call one morning bearing devastating news: police in the Bahamas discovered her sister’s decapitated body. With no apparent suspects or motive, the authorities offer little help in solving the crime.

Determined to find her sister’s killers, Heather sacrifices her career and risks her life pursuing the murderers.
Published by Spartan North Publishing (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about 28 Pages, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 28 Pages

Start your review of 28 Pages
Alicia Huxtable
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

This book is an attention grabber from page 1. I'm not a big reader of this genre but this author wrote such a compelling tale that I couldn't stop reading
Margaret
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. A little hard to read for me, because it mentioned the 28 pages of the redacted part of the 9/11 Commission. As a 9/11 family member we are still trying to get these pages out to the public. Made me think about what could possible make the government redact these pages. Lots of mystery and drama.
Julie
I was given a copy of this book by the author, who requested a review.

I thought the title of this book was strange and as I read, I kept wondering why the author picked such it because it's certainly not very catchy. It finally became clear, and when the reader reaches that moment, the title becomes a perfect one for this book.

I loved this book. Some minor editing problems aside, it's a well-written and well-told story that moves at a fast pace. It's not just a really good debut novel - it's a
Lori
This is my first political thriller and I did not know what to expect. All I can say is that this book is absolutely riveting! I was captivated and spellbound by both the characters and the information. I know there is a lot more behind what *really* happened before, during and after 9/11. My late, beloved husband passed away in 2012 could easily see the ~transparency~ of not only our government and what is going on with other powerful countries and powerful people that are infiltrating the ...more
Feb 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, kbr
28 Pages is billed as a ‘political thriller’ and it certainly is. The book follows Heather Grahl, a young DC lawyer who is investigating the Saudi Ambassador who has been accused of abusing young girls. She takes a phone call telling her that her sister has been murdered, and the regular recurring theme is that ‘The Saudis’ keep appearing in her discussions.

The book takes the backdrop of the 28 redacted pages of the September 11th Commission Report and discusses the links to Saudi Arabia. There
Marilou George
May 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a first rate political thriller brilliantly researched and flawlessly written. Heather Grahl is an attorney investigating allegations of abuse by the Saudi Ambassador. She gets a frantic call from her mother informing her that her sister has been murdered. When she travels to Bimini to identify her sisters body she learns of the suspicious circumstances surrounding the murder including a man who washed up on shore in Bimini with gunshot wounds and subsequently disappears from the ...more
Ken Mitnick
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If looking for a great read is sort of like a treasure hunt, finding "28 Pages" by Allen Mitchum is like having your newly-bought metal detector uncover a diamond ring in the sand at the beach. This terrific book, Mitchum's first novel, is as good a political thriller as you will find.

Excellent character development, a well-told storyline that keeps you on the edge of your seat from the first chapter to the last and realistic dialogue all work together to create a memorable reading experience.
K J Bennett
This was an OK thriller that was somewhat marred by poor editing/proofing and some silly typos ("Yea" is repeatedly used instead of "Yeah" near the beginning). I also found some of the conversations forced and unrealistic.

I found the overall plot quite intriguing, but the author has a tendency to 'info-dump' some of his ideas, and certain sections read like text books or opinion pieces rather than a novel. It would have had far greater impact if these sections could have been integrated into the
Donna
May 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is not one of those quick, cute who-done-it. It is a very thought provoking novel. I will warn you not to start reading this until you have the time to finish it, because it will take over your life. It truly is that exciting.
So many reviewers today complain about the author's grammar or the formatting on the Kindle. Not one little problem with this well written novel. I loved the reader's guide at the back of the book, it made me rethink what I had read, and renewed the story. Thank you
Tere Fredericks
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite a Poser

Action Thriller regarding the result of the 9/11 investigation. Including the report itself - minus 28 pages missing from the document.

This takes place between the time of 9/11/2001 and the passage of bills which set up the Dept. of Homeland Security. Be prepared to shake your head no, then remember what you thought then.

Pretty good, and that is no attempt to condemn with faint praise. This is really pretty good.

The back of the book has a Q&A that certainly answered my
Carl Nelson
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book.

I would recommend this book to any reader who thinks that just because someone calls you a "conspiracy theorist" doesn't negate the presumption that an actual conspiracy exists. "28 Pages" got me doing something I have not done in quite some time; I actually looked up a lot of the documents and organizations cited and found that they actually exist. Great work.
Beth Erwin
May 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action
As a political thriller, 28 pages is light on politics, although political overtones exist throughout; the book provides links to Saudi Arabia, including the possibility of a 'soft jihad' in the West. The story is fast paced and well plotted, with believable, engaging characters.

Overall, this was a good read.
Douglas Dorow
Jan 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Allen Mitchum has crafted a political thriller that you can't put down. In a story that could've been pulled from the evening news, he's developed a story and characters that will keep you engaged until the end.

If you like Vince Flynn or Brad Thor, I think you'll like this book.

In his debut, Mitchum has set come out running and I can't wait for the next one
Becky Herrera
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. It was exciting and was based on 28 pages that are ommitted from the 9/11 commission report. While there really are some things ommitted from the 9/11 commission report, this is entirely fiction. Still good book. Only thing that I didn't really care for was that it seemed a little overtly islamiphobic. Other than that great book.
Jan
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway.

This is a book that kept me guessing the whole way through. It was suspenseful and made me react while reading it like I would in a thriller type movie.

I would recommend this to anyone who like suspense and thrills.

Laura Mae
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thrilling read

Mr. Mitchum writes an intriguing tale of corruption, betrayal, religious fervor and justice. I enjoyed this story and it's many twists and turns. Would have liked to see some further character development.
Linda Look
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Heather, a DC Lawyer, learns her sister has been killed. Her determination to find the killer puts not only her job but her life in jeopardy. Links to Saudi Arabia & a plot against the US leads to an explosive expose. Fast reading, good characters. I rate this a 4.8.
Jason
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Complex and hard to follow
Janet Turner
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good read - enjoyed the book. The author did a good job of keeping my attention. Would read other books by this author.
leslie
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

Fast-paced, tons of action. There was a lot of talk about religion and politics, but it didn't feel like the book was just about that.
Jun 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012
Pretty good for a Kindle freebie!
Raven
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Diplomacy or spying

American sovereignty on U. S. soil diminished by embassies and bureaucrats on the take. With enough money and power you can get away with murder.
David
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A page turner

A decent thriller, with an interesting take on what might be in the 9/11 report. A good, fast read that was hard to put down
chelepissbcglobal.net
Very good.

As far as political thrillers are concerned, this was a very good and well written story with very well developed characters.
Jana
Jul 03, 2014
Dolores
Aug 15, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Hard Copy Edition and Ebook Edition 2 186 Sep 03, 2012 01:47PM

• Mercy (Alex Sedaka #1)
  • The Last Witness
  • An Equal Justice (David Adams, #1)
  • Hostile Witness (Witness, #1)
  • Wanted
  • Dead Line (Cal Murphy #2)
  • Undercover
  • Stateline (Dan Reno, #1)
  • She's Not There (Peacock & Rayburn, #1)
  • Phobia
  • Rain
  • Descent
  • Birdsongs (Benny James Mystery #1)
  • 11th Hour - Free Preview (Women's Murder Club)
  • Benny James Mystery Series Box Set (Private Investigator)
  • Yes, Please (Please, #1)
  • The Shotgun Lawyer
  • Now, Please (Please, #2)