Start by marking “His Reverie (Reverie, #1)” as Want to Read:
His Reverie (Reverie, #1)

His Reverie

(Reverie #1)

I knew from the moment I first saw her she was the one. The only girl I could ever want.

The only girl I could ever love.

She is light.

I am darkness.

She is innocent.

I’ve done too much.

She is good.

I am bad.

She is my every dream.

I should be her every nightmare.

We come from different worlds. She’s…perfect. And I’m…

Not.

Somehow she wants me anyway. So we’ll grasp at what we can.
Published July 28th 2014 by Monica Murphy

To ask other readers questions about His Reverie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Reverie

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
2.5 stars!

description

OK yeah, I’m not happy. While the writing was eloquent, everything else – from the characters to the story structure to certain plot devices – was a big disappointment. Had I known what I know now, I don’t think I would’ve picked up this book. At least, not until the next one came out first. Still, the writing is amazing and the only reason why I was able to finish the book.

That blurb caught my attention immediately – it’s pretty powerful and I was told it’s a forbidden romance so I ju
Michelle
Jun 24, 2014 rated it liked it
ARC received on behalf of Monica Murphy from NetGalley.

Screenshot_13

Nick has just spent the last eleven months in jail for a crime he did not commit. But life isn't what he expected it to be once he's on back on the other side. Tragedy hits and he is now forced to face being seventeen on his own with a reputation that isn't wiped away just with a simple acknowledgement of his innocence. This turn of events brings Nick to the Hale summer home, working for a famous televangelist, Reverend Hale where he sees h
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Jun 11, 2014 marked it as to-read
Currently on netgalley ➜ http://bit.ly/1u8501C
6/11/2014

Cassia Brightmore
Jul 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my review. This is one of those books that as soon as I saw the cover, I knew I had to read it. Reading the synopsis, it pulled me in further and I was thrilled that I would not only have the opportunity to receive a copy, but to also share my review. Once in awhile, a book comes along that reminds us that love can be sweet and simple, pure and selfless. It speaks to us of the innocence of first love and what people will do to protect it. This story ...more
monica ♪
3 Stars

description

Nick and Reverie come from very 'different' world.
Reverie is a daughter of a famous reverend. Her family is so religious and wealthy. Her parents want her to be an innocent girl and only allow her to have sex after marriage.

"You never rebel. You're always the good girl"
"Good girls are boring. I want you," She says, her voice shaking. "So much."

description

And there's Nick or Nicky or Nicholas (as Reverie calls him) with his life that is so opposite from Reverie's.

"She lives in a completely diff
TeriLyn
Jun 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

**His Reverie generously provided by the published via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**

His Reverie tells the young adult, contemporary tale of renowned bad boy Nick Fairfield and doe-eyed naïve – his Reverie Hale. Star crossed lovers of the Romeo and Juliet variety, Nick and Reverie meet during the summer when Reverie’s family spend the summer at their house in the town where Nick resides. It’s a provocative young adult story building up to an even bigger story with the books intend
justREN
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
"You touch me and I want to die. You don't touch me and I want to die. My feelings for you confuse me so much. It...scares me. You scare me in the best way possible."
Barbara
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aspettavo questo libro, la trama mi aveva affascinato e immaginavo che si trattava di una storia tormentata e difficile, insomma... un libro per Caterina ;-)
Parliamo della storia di Nicholas "Nick" e Reverie.
Nick è un ragazzo sfortunato, tradito da un amico, dalla ex fidanzata e dalla vita, all'apparenza un bad boy! Reverie è una bellissima ragazza, figlia di un reverendo molto famoso e ricco.
Lui è il male, lei il bene. Si incontrano, o meglio si scontrano e scocca la scintilla.
Ma le diffico
Bella
Apr 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, 2014, cliffhanger, ya
I LOVE Monica Murphy's One Week Girlfriend series. When I saw this book on Netgalley, I requested it asap and did a happy dance when I got approved.

I love Monica's writing - it's very easy to read and that holds true in this book as well. This book is told from Nick's POV but we do get Rev's POV in the form of her journal entries. This is a clever way to do alternating POV. But I felt Rev's POV just repeated everything from the previous scene. It was great to have some insight to her thoughts b
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
The story starts with Nick the hero coming out of Prison after a year for a crime that was not his fault. This is YA read and a bit too tame for me. Reverie turns 17 in the book and Nick is 18. The story is told from Nick's POV but we get Reverie's POV through her diary entries but they read too immature and I kept picturing her as a young child which didn't help. Reverie (I don't like that name by the way!) is quite the innocent as her father is a Preacher and she has led a closeted life.

The wr
Gaia
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sono veramente arrabbiata!!! 200 pagine di strazio!
Dov'è finita la Murphy di Drew e Fable???? Come fa a scrivere dei libri così???
I personaggi sono uno più antipatico dell'altro: Nick senza spina dorsale e Reverie che quando scrive il suo diario sembra che abbia 12 anni!!! ho capito che è la figlia del pastore ma cavolo una non può essere così torda!!!!!!
Per non parlare delle scene più "hot" tra loro due, eravamo abituati a ben altro in "one week girlfriend".
No no e no una delusione questo lib
Giulia ❤️
2 stelline tirate tirate... Avevo già dei problemi al 5° capitolo e continuando le cose non sono migliorate affatto. Non solo non sono uscita ad entrare in sintonia con i due protagonisti (un YA in piena regola..proprio adolescenziale) ma anche lo stile non sembra affatto quello che la Murphy ha usato nella storia di Drew e Flable. Delusione più totale. Libro bocciato..non lo consiglio.
Caterina Montebello
4 STELLE TUTTE MERITATE
Ho amato la storia e lo stile con cui è stata raccontata, mi sono completamente persa nella narrazione, ho amato i personaggi, le loro paure e le loro ingenuità tipiche di quell'età.
Il doppio punto di vista di Nick da una parte e di Reverie dall'altra per mezzo del suo diario l'ho trovato molto originale e piacevole. L'autrice riesce a rendere l'innocenza e l'ingenuità di Reverie ancora meglio con questo escamotage.
In questa storia viviamo la sofferenza dei personaggi, le
* A review copy was provided by the author via Netgalley for the Blog Tour *

Amazon Buy Link---->> His Reverie

~~ 4 Stars ~~

This was the first book by Monica Murphy that I have read, so I didn't know what to expect from this book. I have always been one to enjoy a really good YA or Mature YA book now and again, and I have to say that I am glad I took a chance on this one. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. This was a book about so much more then a high school aged love story. It was truly a
Lindy
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts:

His Reverie was a gripping story about the innocence of first love, and how when you meet that special someone, you completely get lost in them and want to spend every waking moment together.

Reverie Hale comes from an ultra-conservative family. Her father is a televangelist, and even though she has had a life of wealth and privilege, she also has been suffocated by her parents ideologies and prejudices. Reverie is a romantic at heart. She daydreams of the day she will fall in love an
CrazyForRomance
Tra i miei vari peccatucci, devo confessarvi che prima di un mesetto fa non avevo mai letto niente di Monica Murphy, nonostante conoscessi la fama della sua serie One Week Girlfriend; così ho recuperato con un suo romanzo ancora inedito in Italia e, visto che mi è piaciuto molto, mi sono tuffata nella lettura de “Il mio sogno proibito”, superando l’iniziale sconcerto per le terribili magliette in similacetato della copertina.
nr
Questo libro non mi ha conquistata completamente e ve ne spiegherò i mo
Raquel
Jul 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
I received this ARC for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

*sigh* … Based on all the hype about Monica Murphy’s previous books, I had hopes that His Reverie would be at least an okay read. I might’ve been a bit skeptical, but I figured I’d get a good story. Unfortunately, that was not the case with this book. At. All.

His Reverie tells the story of Nick and Reverie and the obstacles they have to overcome in order to be
Lustful Literature
Aug 08, 2014 rated it liked it
** BETH'S 3 STAR REVIEW **

**Complimentary copy provided by author for an honest review**

His Reverie was the first book by Monica Murphy that I have read and after just reading the synopsis and hearing such great things about the author’s writing I was very excited to read it. Sadly I found my excitement fading almost instantly after picking up this book and it just never came back.

Rev (Reverie) Hale is the daughter of Reverend Hale, a TV Evangelist, and she leads a very pure and sheltered li
Dianne
Two teens from opposite sides of the track, living lives as far removed from each other as the North Pole is to the South Pole. But there is an unspoken chemistry between them that has all the makings of new, young love. Told in dual POVs in a truly unique manner, I was taken inside Nick’s mind, to the turmoil he held within, just a teen, just released from prison for a crime he did not commit, his mother has just passed on after her life was taken by inoperable cancer, Nick is alone, scared and ...more
Valentina Abbr
L'esperimento di scrivere un POV maschile, di centrare la storia sulle sue emozioni è stato VINCENTE. Nick mi ha affascinata subito, è un'anima tormentata. Finito ingiustamente in galera per le bugie del suo amico, ha perso sua madre, la persona più importante della sua vita, nel suo passato ci sono errori su errori, incontri con persone sbagliate, la sua ex fidanzata Krista l'ha tradito con il suo migliore amico. Adesso ciò che vuole di più al mondo è ricominciare. Il lavoro a casa Hale è l'occ ...more
b.andherbooks
Jul 31, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc, romance
Nick went to prison for a murder he didn't commit and is then released once firm evidence is found. He is still considered an ex con and has problems finding employment until a famous televangelist hires him as a glorified house boy.

Then Nick falls in lust (what he calls love) with the Reverend's innocent, virgin, blonde, angel daughter. If he touches her, or gets caught anyway, it will be the end of his job.

Reverie is 16, a pledged virgin with a promise ring, and has her pants on fire when she
Di Covey
Jun 20, 2014 rated it liked it
-I received a free copy of this book to read and review for The Wicked Reads Review Team-

2.5 - 3 Stars!

I'm disappointed. I had such high hopes for this one, but it just didn't live up to what I thought I was getting. I rated it 3 Stars because I enjoyed the sweetness and naivety of Reverie, at first, but then it got repetitive. The beginning was intriguing, a solid story line with uniqueness. Something was off for me. And all the sweetness just got annoying. I'll chalk this one up as not my cup
Ruthie Taylor
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
"I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads."

I found this to be an engaging read. The premise that the 'perfect' tv evangelist's family was not so perfect worked well. The run of bad luck faced by the mostly upbeat Nick seemed unkind, until the end, when the twist was just cruel - but clever. Was it entirely realistic? No, but then this was a work of fiction, and the writing was good, so it was an easy read. I am certainly invested enough that I will look out for the
Emily
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
In jail for a crime he didn't commit, Nick is released only to find that the one person he loves most in the world is on limited time. Struggling to find his place in this new found life away from the prejudices that go with a man who has been in jail, Nick finds a job working for a summer home for Televangelist Hale.

Reverie Hale is a everything Nick is not, she is sweet, bright, and innocent. A friendship of sorts pulls Nick and Reverie together, but everything that surrounds them is trying to
Esther
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Simplemente increible.
Amo absolutamente todo lo que Monica Murphy escribe y este libro no es una excepción. Ella siempre se las arregla para capturar tu corazón y te deja con ganas de más.
Disfrute mucho el dulce romance entre Reverie y Nick.
Maka
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sagas
They are sooooo lovely. Reverie is a candy girl and the author made a real beautiful character with her
Pamela
Feb 18, 2016 rated it liked it
This is why lying can ruin someone. Seriously I know it's hard saying the truth but would you rather risk the consequences? Not only is it freeing but makes life much easier.
Lupita
Jan 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
Ni ganas de leer el segundo, ew.
Simona
Mar 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In realtà 3.5 stelline.
  • Beautiful
  • Where You Are (Together, #1)
  • Infinitely (Infinite Love Duet, #1)
  • Searching for Beautiful
  • Intensity (The Path to Serenity, #1)
  • Revive Me
  • Quiet Angel
  • All or Nothing (Love by Design, #3)
  • Pieces of Olivia (Charleston Haven, #1)
  • Raven (Fight or Flight, #1)
  • UnWritten
  • Working Girl
  • Third Strike (Chances, #3)
  • From Lies to Promises
  • Wildcard: Volume Two (Wildcard, #2)
  • Desired (Wanted, #6)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Georgetown Academy: Season One
New York Times, USA Today bestselling author and #1 international bestselling author. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

I also write contemporary romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

Sign up for my newsletter: https://www.monicamurphyauthor.com/ne...

Hang out with me on Instagram!

Reverie (2 books)
  • Her Destiny (Reverie, #2)
“You're beautiful," I whisper as I carefully roll her onto her back so I'm hovering above her. "I feel like it's my birthday too and you're my present.” 0 likes
“I fell in love with you too, you know," I admit, my voice so soft I can barely hear it. "Too late now though, huh?” 0 likes