Start by marking “Busted” as Want to Read:
Busted

Busted

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  721 Ratings  ·  205 Reviews
Marisa wasn’t planning to be a snoop for hire—until she accidentally caught her best friend’s boyfriend making out with another girl. Now her reputation for sniffing out cheaters has spread all over school, and Marisa finds herself the reluctant queen of busting two-timing boys.

But when ex-frenemy Kendall asks her to spy on her boyfriend, TJ, Marisa quickly discovers the g
Published January 2nd 2018 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about Busted, please sign up.
Gina Ciocca No Book 2 planned for LYM, but I do plan to write a lot more YA romance!

Fafa's Book Corner
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Review posted on Fafa's Book Corner!

Beware spoilers ahead!

I've had Busted in my TBR for awhile. The original pitch really spoke to me. I liked the idea of the main character going after cheating boyfriends. I was generally excited for it! I did not enjoy Busted.

You can assume that based on the synopsis that Marisa has been busting boys for awhile. That is actually not what happens. The book begins with Marisa stalking her best friend's (Charlie) boyfriend. Perched on the back of his house, Mar
Nina
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, ebook, read-in-2017
*Thanks to Sourcebooks Fire for sending me an ARC of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review!*

In “Busted”, Gina Ciocca’s newest novel, the main character Marisa coincidentally catches her best friend’s boyfriend making out with another girl. Actually, she didn’t plan on ever catching a cheater again but when her ex-frenemy Kendall asks her to spy on her boyfriend, Marisa just can’t say no. But what happens when she realizes that she’s slowly but surely falling for the guy she’
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
RATING: 4/5

Marisa wasn’t planing to be a snoop for hire- until she accidentally caught her best friend’s boyfriend making out with another girl.Now her reputation for sniffing out cheaters has spread all over school. When ex-frenemy Kendall asks her to spy on her boyfriend, TJ, Marisa quickly discovers the girl TJ might be falling for is Marisa herself.And worse yet? The feelings are quickly becoming mutual.

I was kind of surprised by how much was going on in this book. I guess I’m used to contem
Carlene Inspired
Busted has everything you want from a young adult book; plenty of drama, a bit of swoon-worthy romance, a heaping pile of cuteness and friendship. Gina Ciocca has given readers a unique storyline with Busted, perfectly combining teens over-use of internet and social media with all the angst that comes from dating in high school. Main character and narrator, Marisa, is your quintessential high school student. She's trying to fit in, make good grades, participate in extra activities that will look ...more
Olivia (The Candid Cover)
3.5 Stars

Busted is a super cute novel with a hint of mystery. It is all about a girl who spies on her clients’ boyfriends to catch them cheating. I enjoyed the main characters, but there was not enough action, and the book falls a bit flat.

This book has a very intriguing concept. It tells the story of a girl who works to catch cheating boyfriends in the act. However, Marisa and one of the accused cheaters start to fall for each other, creating a world of drama. I enjoyed the big theme of friends
Stefani Sloma
Soooo much fun! You guys have to put this one on your TBR!
Kim at Divergent Gryffindor
3.5

It has been a long, loooooong time since I last finished reading a book in one day, and Busted was the one that finally cracked me after a while, even with responsibilities the whole afternoon. Busted was written in such a way that it was addicting and hard to put down, and I couldn't stop even when my brain nagged at me to do homework. I'm not a fan of mysteries, but the hint of a little mystery in this book was just perfect to make the book addicting.

Busted is a short and quick read, and I
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
Busted was a fun read. It was cutesy, dramatic, and so easy to read. I was initially drawn into the story because of the PI situation the protagonist, Marisa, finds herself in. And I ended up liking all the spying, scheming, and the tangled web of secrets that starts to come unraveled in a natural way through the story. I really liked Marisa’s jewelry making hobby - it’s something I’ve dabbled in myself and a unique hobby we don’t normally see in YA. But there was also a lot of pettiness and imm ...more
Marianna
3.75

You can find this and many more reviews on my blog Marianna's Corner

I immensely enjoyed Busted. It’s a YA contemporary with some mystery elements thrown in that makes it extra fun and suspensful! I won’t pretend like I hadn’t figured the plot twist out, but still it came as a surprise, so that counts for something.

Busted is a typical girl meets boy contemporary story, but also not. I won’t get into detail about the romance aspect; I want to discuss some other elements that made this book fo
Jordan
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Flor
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Thank you to the publisher for providing a copy of this book via NetGalley.

I really liked this book, it was light, fun and cute, which means a super enjoyable contemporary.

We follow the story of Marisa a girl whose life change after caughting his best friend’s boyfriend cheating on here.

That’s when her old friend Kendall comes into place asking for the same kind of help with her boyfriend TJ, but things will get complicated once sparks start flying between these two.

The romance was super ador
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
3.5 / 5 Fangs

Busted was a fun, quirky, and unique novel! One of my favorite things about this book was how accurate it felt to a typical high school experience. There was a lot of drama involving what people thought of each other, and if that's not true of every high school, then I don't know what is!

Marisa, the main character, was a very realistic high school girl. Marisa was a sweet, caring, and spunky character. I admired her dedication to her friends and other girls with trying to find out t
nick
May 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary
I liked Ciocca’s debut novel, especially because of her writing, so there wasn’t any doubts about me picking this book up. Busted was a fun read for me. I thought it had a good balance between a hint of a mystery, some romance and friendship dynamics, that I found to be enjoyable.

It’s not the most perfect book or anything, but it has some really great elements, particularly the friendship between the protagonist Marissa and Charlie, her bff. It was a healthy and positive female friendship, and I
*Ritzrenee*
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
My expectations was busted
Expectations VS Reality

This entire book started off well with Marisa catching her friend's bf cheating. Then, the book moved on to this long lost childhood friend of Marisa seeking her "PI" services because of cheating suspicion. The whole fiasco following this was TRULY a whirlwind and felt too much to the point of being dramatic.

If i were to sum up this book, it was a petty conflict among teenagers involving friendship and romance.
Blodeuedd Finland
The blurb was a bit misleading, I thought she was the queen of spies, but it was not like that. She catches a cheater and her next case is when her old frenemy Kendall shows up and wants to know if her boyfriend TJ is cheating. So not spyqueen.

Marissa loves journalism. She likes hanging out with her friends, yup, you know a normal teenager, she says so herself. Why on earth she even thinks of befriending Kendall again I do not know, sorry Kendall but you are a bitch. Marissa is being way too kin
Joy N. Hensley
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I really needed a good YA that was going to make me love reading and would make me want to write again. Busted was definitely it! Be sure to add it to your list. I've gained a book boyfriend, and a book I'd happily read again!
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
That was a lot of fun! It had a vibe of Veronica Mars to it and I loved that. Lots of twists and turns and nothing was what you thought. Gina is quickly becoming a fav author. Review to come.
Shaila
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great premise! I absolutely loved the complexity of the characters and the plot, and how everything tied up at the end. Even the "villain" was fantastically written!
Wendy F
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
Okay, so, basically I snatched this up only because it said “For fans of Veronica Mars”. I’ve been missing my favorite PI and her bad boy love interest fiercely, and I totally fell for it. Busted was not like Veronica Mars. At all.

Yes, Marissa did stalk cheaters, but it was almost against her will. Not in the cute snarky way Veronica grumbled either. There was seriously something almost oxymoronish about Busted because Marissa is ‘anti-cheater’ yet some may say she’s a borderline cheater herself
Gina Ciocca
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am the author of this book, and this story has a very special place in my heart. Of my three published novels (I also wrote LAST YEAR'S MISTAKE and A KISS IN THE DARK), this one makes me laugh the hardest. You'd never know (at least I think) that I wrote most of BUSTED while crawling toward light at the end of a very dark tunnel of postpartum depression. I think this book was my therapy, and I am so happy that Marisa's story found a home at Sourcebooks. If you'd like to read more about The Sto ...more
Somya Sahni
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fav-ya-lit-books
Damn this book was different. A perfect blend of Nancy Drew spying and detective antics with the forever romance feels which make Young Adult THE BEST BOOK GENRE EVER.

LOL. Okay coming back to the book. It revolves around a girl who one day goes snooping behind her best friends ex whom she catches cheating with another girl . Then zap , suddenly a frenemy which existed in her life a few years back is back in town and wants our main girl to act as a snoop for her own "BOYFRIEND" . So this boyfrien
Reina Tan
Apr 28, 2018 rated it liked it
⚠ Subjective opinions
° ° °
Okay, I can't believe I finished this book at one day. HAHAHA.

So, where do we start?

It's first time for me read Ciocca's book. I wanted to read her books so bad since the cover quite eye-catching. And, I got 'Busted' before her debut book, 'Last's Year Mistake'.

'Busted' has slow paced plot. I need more patience to reach the conflict. I thought, I would not like this book. But, here I am. I like it, even not that much.

It was okay.

I wanted to give this book 2 stars, at f
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
*ARC Kindly provided by Sourcebooks Fire for review*

I love YA, I love mystery and I love spy stories. Add up these three and that book will be up on my TBR. The beginning of Busted really excites me; I’m really looking forward to the sleuthing that will happen on the book and it didn’t fail me because a few chapters in and I already have a sample of said sleuthing. Up until the first chapter ends and the story begins to be a bit dragging.

Spying, scheming and tangled web of secrets and mystery –
Alexis
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
this was very anti climactic to me. I liked the idea but the execution was just meh. when the plot twist came i had already had an idea of who it might be. I Just wanted it to be more than what it actually was. There was just something missing and towards the end it just didn't feel resolved for me. I guess i wanted more consequences/ punishment for the person/people behind everything.
Amanda Hanson
I flew through this book after being hooked from the start. I love Veronica Mars and the idea for this book so much, and it didn't disappoint. Marisa was relatable, TJ was an excellent love interest, and the supporting characters were all wonderful.

I just didn't love the whole mean girl was being everything aspect. It made me feel a little sad. But the writing and the characters made up for the cliche in a big way.

Thank you to the publisher and to NetGalley for an early copy of this book in exc
Lauren
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
I've been dying to read Gina Ciocca's Busted ever since I first saw the Veronica Mars comparison. Veronica Mars is one of my favorite TV shows so any book that could potentially life up to that level of awesomeness is a book I need in my possession. Plus sleuthing in general is just a instant-sell for me. I'll never be a detective, or even a pseudo-detictive like Marisa, so I have to live vicariously.

The Result? I liked Busted, but I didn't love it. Maybe I had too high of expectations, but I w
Natalie
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Samantha (WLABB)
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2018, contemporary, ya
Rating: 3.5 Stars

Busted was an entertaining read, filled with plenty of drama, humor, and plot twists.

•Pro: This story was a lot of fun. The overall feeling of the book was on the lighter side, and it was quite humorous.

•Pro: I had heard a lot of people referencing Veronica Mars when discussing this book, and I have to say, I saw shades of my favorite teen PI as well. There were some interesting and amusing situations Marisa got herself into, and she had that signature VMars wit as well.

•Pro:
Sakhile
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The reason I didn't enjoy this book is 50% my fault because I just read the first part of the blurb and ran with it. All I saw was a kickass girl with a camera running around catching two-timing boyfriends and the cover. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Busted by Gina Goicca is a novel about a girl who falls in love with her "friend's boyfriend" while investigating whether he's cheating or not.

the good
The cover is cute. I was completely taken by it really. It's gorgeous.

the bad
The main
May 12, 2017 rated it liked it
**3.5 stars** Entertaining and faced paced, this book was really fun to read.

Marisa is lovable and relatable. She's smart and quirky and just slightly geeky, but also very girly - everything she owns is covered in rhinestones. She's creative and she cares about her education, she looks forward to college with true enthusiasm. She has meaningful relationships with her best friend, parents and brother. She's compassionate to people she barely knows, but has no qualms about calling her friend out

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • The Small Rain: A Novel
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Master Magician (The Paper Magician, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Compound (The Compound, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Girl on a Wire (Cirque American #1)