Start by marking “Eye of the Tiger” as Want to Read:
Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger

Eleanor Whitman had been a young girl with a crush, offering Keegan Taber her heart on a platter. Then he'd made it ruthlessly clear he wanted nothing to do with it. Eleanor hated the memory—and she hated him. And yet even four years later, the sight of Keegan made her weak in the knees. Only, now she was no girl….

Keegan had never forgiven himself for how he'd treated Elea
Paperback, Silhouette Desire, #271, 192 pages
Published March 1st 1986 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about Eye of the Tiger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eye of the Tiger

Vintage
Diana Palmer sure loves her hairy heroes. Rapunzel-like chest hair abounds.

After my rant review over Evan, it was nice to see a misunderstood cowboy asshat who redeems himself by a few years of maybe celibacy as well as some half-hearted efforts to win the heroine back and explain his horrible behavior.

The h had a crush on the H forever. Her dad happens to work on his family ranch so there is more than a hint of master/servant dynamic that is beat to death. When the H finally asked her out, she
Chantal ❤️
AMAZING THIS WHY I LOVE THIS AUTHOR!
This is one of those rare DP books where the hero sleeps with the heroine years before and then comes back to win her over.
I love how he felt guilty over his treatment of her and how she honestly tell him that she had no pleasure from their sexual encounter and it was the most basic in his car on the way home!!! Could it be more cheep! Then he has the nerve to tell her that she should be careful cause the guy she is seeing is a player!!
Really more then you a
Aou
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Incredibly nice H, for a DP book of course. He was a jerk 4 years ago but the story began at the present time so it was not counted. He was not cruel but not clever either. That’s why there was angst. :)
Kiki
Charlie
OMG I actually really enjoyed this the h really made the H suffer for his massive mistake and rightly so. I loved, loved, loved the fact that she was not a doormat and he had to chase her around like a puppy! the OM was awesome too - hope he gets his own HEA in another book! Far too often these books suffer from a lack of grovelling and a spineless h so this made the book a winner for me despite it being a little dated. Also loved for the portrayal of a realistic first time - its not all rainbow ...more
Jacqueline J
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it
decent but some of the plotting was stretching it. A lot of the conflict could have been resolved if he had just told her he loved her instead of wanting her to say it first.
Booklover
Actually liked this one very much,here we have a cruel h who keeps taunting and pushing H away cause he had used her and hurt her but still she loves him deep down.H he realizes his mistake and regrets his action and wants to win h back and keeps trying no matter how much h keeps taunting and hating him.Kiked the way story progressed towards HEA.

Overall a good read
Jenny
Aug 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: heroine-i-hated
Heroine was fickle and an immature brat.
bookjunkie
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: harlequins
I liked it, but it felt a little bit like something was missing because we never actually saw the scene of what happened That Night all those years ago. I mean, we're told about it a buncha times since it was so pivotal, but I would've liked to have actually seen it.

Still, Keegan was quite repentant and nicely intense in wanting to woo Eleanor back to him. She had a real chip on her shoulder about class differences, that carpenter's daughter. Still, the passion between them was great and I loved
Simona
A great one from DP which was much steamier than my previous reads. The only dull moments are when h is interacting with OM. H relentlessly woes h and subdues her time and time through forced seduction. Both are in love as soon as they make love but sadly DP forced them to be apart for 4 years. and then h stupidly believes H only wants her as his mistress as he won't likely marry a hired help. H is patient with her tantrums but never misses opportunity to impress upon her that she belongs to him ...more
Chitra *CJ*
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tearjerker, v-card
"The eye of the Tiger" is the story of Eleanor and Keegan.
Four years ago Keegan broke a Doe eyed Eleanor's heart- and the next day got engaged to Lorraine. Utterly devastated, Eleanor goes to nursing school and returns back a different woman.. only to find a subdued Keegan.
He always watches her, despite her having a new boyfriend Wade and him having an Irish lady pursuing him.
Soon old flames ignite, and it makes for a wonderful story.
If you like second chance romances with an insane groveling he
~Megan~
Jan 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dangerous-dudes
This book was kind of different from Diana Palmer's usual formula. Instead of the hard male, in this case we have the heart-hardened female who was scorned years ago. I found Ellie to be very likable and strong, so different from any other Palmer heroine. Keegan was lovesick from the get-go and did everything he could to win her affection. There was, of course, the usual lack of communication between the two as is Palmer's specialty, but this book wasn't as harsh as the majority of her other one ...more
Tiff91
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this book just become an all time favourite of mine.

A feisty Heroine who gives as good as she gets, an over the top possessive hero. plus an om and ow complex. I loved wade he was an absolute gem.

Not only a sweet story but funny as well, DP done a brilliant job on the story

so read this book you wont regret it
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Romance Impossível
Diana Palmer
H.C.P. Sucessos 16
2011

Adoro está estória, mas ainda prefiro o título original, que é algo, numa tradução literal ″Olhos de Tigre″. Faz mas sentido que o título da Harlequin. Sempre imagino Keegan seguindo com olhos de tigre, cada movimento de Eleanor, como se observasse à presa.

O texto é adorável e os personagens são uma delícia de ler.

Antes de qualquer coisa, quero deixar claro que não tenho nada contra os ruivos, há aqueles que são mega interessantes, mas as sard
Amanda S.
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved it!

This one's quite enjoyable and the plot is a bit different from usual Diana Palmer book. Because the angst happened before the story starts. I liked it.

Eleanor's a strong lady, for sticking up with her opinion until the end and refuse to 'surrender'. When Diana Palmer's other heroine used to be meek and weak, this one is not. She fight hard and finally, when the time is right, she accept Keegan's apology.

Nice one, definitely my favorite. ;)
Su
May 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
h is not likable at all. There is nothing to like with heroines wallowing in inferior feelings due to their social standings and feel ashamed of their father`s honorable hard work, which they should be proud. ...more
Anna
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
I found it very hard to believe that a happily ever after is possible for Keegan and Eleanor. He is a royal jerk and she is a shrinking violet who seems to be begging to have her heart stomped on. I feel like Eleanor and Wade would have been a better couple.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Oct 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: virgins, cowboy, nurse
I have no idea why I liked this book so much, but I did. Blame it on the sheer quantity of DP I'm reading.
Linda Walters
Wow, was Eleanor ever bitter! And she remains that way through most of the book. It made for some sharp wit being exchanged between her and Keegan. But more than a few times, that got a bit old. Of course she felt that he had used her so I got that. Of course quite a few times Keegan wasn't helping his cause with some of the things that came out of his mouth. It made me think more than once, "dumb much?"
No matter how hard Ellie fought it and pushed Keegan away, the attraction was still there. Sh
Elgyn
Jul 24, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Consuela Rossetto
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: harmony
Eleanor era solo una ragazzina piena di sogni. Keegan invece un uomo già adulto che non si era fatto scrupoli di servirsi della figlia di un suo modesto dipendente per riconquistare la fidanzata dopo un furibondo litigio. Sono trascorsi quattro anni ed Eleanor continua a serbare rancore per quell'uomo, che pure ha ancora un effetto devastante su di lei. Non può sapere che per tutto questo tempo Keegan ha vissuto nel rimorso di ciò che le ha fatto, che darebbe qualsiasi cosa per riavere l'amore t ...more
Komal
Sep 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
It was an okay read. I didnot like the way the heroine felt ashamed due of her background, it felt like she was insulting of her father who is honest and hardworking. Also even after everyone tells her that Wade is a player she is too thick headed to realise that and it felt like she was trying to prove something, although not sure what.. I left the book unfinished halfway because it just was not something I like to read..
Linda Tucker
Quick read!

Diana Palmer is one of my favorite romance writers, but this book was not as in-depth or descriptive as most of her books I've read. The storyline was less developed and choppy.
Rogetwhi
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ginger-hair-hero
4.25 stars!!!
Riva
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like how the hero who did the chasing. But the heroine, you shouldn't fall that fast!
Tiffany
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

I like Diana Palmer books. This is an old book but it still works today. This book was cute, funny and quick read.
Danielle Coleman
Wonderful

I love Diana Palmer. Her books are detailed and interesting with spectacular characters to boot. The woman is a genius. Keegan was an idiot for hurting Ellie like he did, and she should have made him work harder.
Sheila Melo
Mediocre Romance

THE STORY: Eleanor Whitman has loved Keegan Taber for a long time. Four years ago, he finally noticed her and took her out on a date. The two ended up having sex but the next morning Eleanor found out that he had only been using her because he got engaged to someone else. Eleanor was devastated and ran. She is back now and determined to show Keegan that he can't hurt her any more.

OPINION: This one didn't work for me. The premise of the story was interesting although I don't know
pinknantucket
Nov 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
It's all that you would expect of an 80s romance novel really. It was OK, maybe a little too much wilful misunderstanding and flouncing and brooding and so on (and a terrible jumper on the front cover). Not exactly a feminist textbook but not too bad. A few prose corkers, like 'He inhaled and seemed to grow two inches'. (It's entirely possible this ambiguity is intended, of course). I don't really need to say anything about the plot, do I?

More disturbingly, though, I think I'm prejudiced against

• Blind Promises
  • The Sicilian's Virgin Bride
  • Intangible Dream
  • The Blackmail Baby
  • Cavelli's Lost Heir (Modern Romance)
  • The Italian's Token Wife
  • Boss Man (The Tycoon Club #2)
  • Innocent on Her Wedding Night
  • The Wedding in White
  • The Guarded Heart

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera