Start by marking “The Bachelor Prince” as Want to Read:
The Bachelor Prince

The Bachelor Prince

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  414 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Will he give up his kingdom for her love?

Prince Stefano is a man most girls could only dream of meeting. And now the very handsome—and very eligible—bachelor is in America searching for the girl he will someday make his bride.

Hope Jordan's prince has finally come—but there's no happy ending in sight. Her royal suitor needs a wealthy wife to save his country from ruin, bu
Paperback
Published April 2014 by Harlequin (first published May 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Bachelor Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bachelor Prince

*TANYA*
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars! One of the most endearing books I've ever come across. Simply adorable. Granted it's a little far fetched given the times we live in but it is still a feel-good book worthy of many sighs. It's fiction for a reason, just saying.
Nancy
Dec 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and fluffy. Low stress and a fast read.
Megan
Brenda
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have read several books by author Debbie Macomber, she never fails to tell a good story.

While the plot/storyline is cliched in this book, I still found myself wanting to find out what happened with Stefano and Hope. I liked the ending, even if it was cliched :)
Jeanie Delong
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed reading

I liked this book because I couldn't second guess it. I from oregon and Washington but live in Missouri so I enjoy reading books about my home states. I appreciate reading a book that is not xrated. kudos to Debbie.
Kathy
May 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, royalty
Cheryl
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the way a romance should be written. Great uplifting characters that you love but that make you want to throw the book across the room because of their actions. Clean language and no sex. Authors need to take lessons from Debbie Macomber on how to write romances!
Teresa Love
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book,

This book simply captivating! I loved that it made me laugh out loud. I loved that my heart just broke. It was as if I was the character in the book. Best one of Debbie's book I have read. Loved it!
Becky
Feb 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meh. Fluff, short, predictable. I love Debbie's books, but this one just didn't have enough substance. Nor did it take me on an adventure where I couldn't see miles ahead. Will just have to try some of her others.
Mullgirl
It wasn't awful. But it wasn't great. I got it solely because Tavia Gilbert did the narration--and she's fantastic. But the story was meh. At best.
Beth
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was just ok. Not really a favorite.
Heather Mulder
It was fine for what it was.
Jacqueline's Reads
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
4 SUPER CUTE MY PRINCE STARS

I’m on this prince binge, throw anything my way with a prince on it, in it and I’m all over it. I haven’t read a Debbie Macomber book in some time and I did the audio version. I REALLY liked the audio version. One of the things I love about established (and don’t get me wrong, I still love my indie authors) published authors is that they get good narrators. The female narrator does a top notch performance and I love her European accent and ALL of her voice transitions
Karen Bertke
Boring, predicable and not much "romance." Most of the characters were unrelatable
Pelican Rapids
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cpb
classic story line
Michele
Mar 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, this was a modern day fairy tale. Yes, the eventual outcome was predictable. Yes, it was a unbelievable. However, it was a lot of fun. Any romantic at heart would love this story of a prince needing to find a wealthy bride to save his country from financial ruin who comes to America to do just that. He and his male secretary have arranged for a date with him to be auctioned off at a romantic author convention as a ruse for him to meet Priscilla Rutherford, an American heiress. He does meet ...more
Mya
The Bachelor Prince by Debbie Macomber (Audio Edition)
Narrated by Tavia Gilbert

3 Stars - This was a simple, sweet, and predictable romance. Pretty much what I guessed it would be. I hadn't read this author before so I wondered what she was like, as my library has a ton of her books.

For me, I would've liked a bit more passion, and by that I don't mean sex (which there was none btw.) I was just hoping for that chemistry between the characters that gives me all the fluttery feelings, which sadly d
Amanda
May 02, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A Royal Groom

Prince Stefano Giorgio Paolo is the kind of man most women only dream of marrying. And now the very handsome—and very eligible—bachelor has arrived in America to search for a bride.

A Bride Not-To-Be

Hope Jordan's prince has finally come—but there's no happy ending in sight. Her royal suitor needs a wealthy wife to save his country from ruin. And Hope has nothing to offer Stefano—except her love.

A Dutiful Marriage?

Hope Jordan is the first woman to capture Stefano's heart—but can he gi
Reeds
I’m rather tired of the Prince plot, from all authors, not just this one.
Some aspects of this story were kind of irritating. Why on earth would he plan to marry one girl but go on a date and then continue to date someone else, while his assistant dated his future wife?
The narrator of this audio book, Tavia Gilbert, exhales a gasp-sounding breathy sigh at the end of each sentence. This becomes grating rather quickly so that when you take that last cd out of the player you are happy not to have t
Nicole
Sep 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read, but highly unlikely. I had a hard time reasoning why Hope would be upset that the man who she won a date with would be upset at how he doesn't want to marry her. Come on, you go on one paid date with this guy and even though he seems interested in you, you're upset when he tells you he's going to marry someone else? Seems lame to me. Regardless, I enjoyed this fun fictional story.
Emma Long
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweetly Romantic.

Everyone is giving up something precious because of someone else. Add in a shy heiress that finds her gumption and 4 fairy godmothhers who aren't fairies and only one of them is a mother, gives this story a lot of twists and turns and problems. But of course love conquers all.....with with little help from Uncle Sam.
Jeeana J.
Jan 07, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't read past the first few chapters. It starts out okay, and the characters have potential. The main characters meet when she wins a date with him at a charity auction. He is the prince of a country looking for a rich bride and doesn't want to do the auction in the first place. Also she has a meddling mother and her meddling mother's friends. It's all a bit much.
Kristine Sandy
I appreciate that others may enjoy this book and will happily encourage readers seeking fast-paced, gentle romances with generally affable characters for a brief escape from day to day life to seek out this story.
Karen
May 27, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
If you have nothing else to read, then this book will at least give you something to read. Its basically just a stupid, silly book. After reading the first couple of chapters, you automatically know how the book is going to end.
Kristen
Jan 08, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This had to be the cheesiest book I have ever read. Not sure what I was thinking.
Jill Eisen
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delightful diversion! Fun, romantic and light-hearted. Just the book when you need something light.
Rebecca
A sweet story. The whole HEA was a little abrupt in my opinion.
Alice
Jul 04, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
IT'S RESEARCH.
Margaret Fraleigh
I love Debbie Macomber's books. This one was no exception.

Great story line.
Ann-marie
A very simple short quick read.
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • The Arabian Mistress
  • The Mistress Bride
  • The Devaney Brothers: Michael and Patrick: Michael's Discovery\Patrick's Destiny
  • A Christmas to Remember
  • Besieged
  • Mistress of Convenience
  • Smokescreen Marriage / Pernikahan Semu
  • A Perfect Plan (An Amish Wedding)
  • Don't Ask Me Now
  • Rayuan Sang Bos (9 to 5)
  • Royal Holiday Baby
  • At Her Boss's Bidding
  • Guilty Passion
  • Court Me, Cowboy
  • Walk on the Wild Side
  • Substitute Bride
  • Love Unspoken
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...