Start by marking “Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Course Workbook: It's impossible to be spiritually mature, while remaining emotionally immature” as Want to Read:

For those desiring to take steps in their Christian life and discipleship, to break free from bondage to the past and experience healing, Emotional Healthy Spirituality is an eight-session video-based Bible study on the integration of emotional health and contemplative spirituality. Many sincere followers of Christ, followers who are really passionate for God, join a churc ...more
Published August 12th 2014 by Zondervan (first published July 21st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Course Workbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Course Workbook

Start your review of Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Course Workbook: It's impossible to be spiritually mature, while remaining emotionally immature
Esther
Oct 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
Another “easier said than done” book but nonetheless found some nuggets ~

“The extent to which we love and respect ourselves is the extent to which we will be able to love and respect others”
Emotional health is about “awareness of and responding to the love of God”
“How can we affirm other people’s unique identities when we don’t affirm our own”
“We honor our parents, culture, and histories but obey God”
Lauren
Dec 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I highly recommend this course, but if you had to choose just one of the three, the book is the most helpful. Going through the book, workbook, and devotional gets a bit repetitive as Pete uses the same examples in all three. There's a lot to process and it can be overwhelming to consider real-life implementation, but I think if you go about it the right way and add one step at a time rather than trying to change everything at once, it could be doable! ...more
Devin Morris
Mar 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great book. This is hard for a lot of people because many of us our emotionally constipated. If you’ll simply give into the direction Scazzero offers, you will grow. It may hurt and you may want to put the book down at times, but see it through. If you’re honest with yourself this book will provide the steps for some deep change.
Matt
Oct 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This isn’t a standalone book, but it’s meant to help collect thoughts as you read the devotional book and to organize and prepare for weekly group meetings in the program. I found it helpful to write notes instead of just reading and thinking, and I look forward to gong back and reviewing to see if my struggles change over time.
Sharon McCauley
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read to grow and develop into an emotionally mature person. I was stuck in a teenage maturity and at the wall too many times. This series will help you examine yourself, your family of origin and how to move forward and grow.
Karla Osorno
Apr 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: faith, non-fiction
A few friends and I used some of the exercises in this workbook as we talked through the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality book. We didn’t watch the videos or use the Day by Day portion. I recommend this as a supplement to go deeper in your study. It was helpful even though we didn’t use it all.
PD
Aug 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I used this book as a supplement to a men’s discussion group of the book. We didn’t use the workbook this time, but I would consider using it in the future. It works in tandem with chapter readings, refers to video clips (which I didn’t have), and provided prompts for reflective questions.
Daphne Kim
I found this workbook helpful, but not as necessary as the book or the devotional. Overall, I truly enjoyed the course offered through my church, West Side Presbyterian in Ridgewood. I hope this will be the beginning of some true transformation.
NGNAOUSSI ELONGUE
Mar 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: leadership
Life changing and powerful.
A must for every leader.
Jonathan Samudio
Muy Estructurado

Tremendo estudio wuao la verdad que esta recomendado , muy bueno y les invito a desarrollarlo en grupo para sacarle el mayor beneficio.
Stephen Hiemstra
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One idea prevalent in the postmodern era is image of a collage. A collage is an art form that consists of a collection which may or may not have a defining concept but is nonetheless strung together. It is kind of like the chaos of the cosmos before the Copernican revolution.

The cosmos became mathematically simpler to model with the Copernican revolution. When astronomers started seeing the earth revolving around sun rather than around the earth, the inherent stability of the planetary system b
Teshamae
For those trying to decide what books you need for a small group study, know that you'll need the book, this workbook AND the Daily Office book. Items from the Daily Office are referenced each week in the Between the Sessions questions. ...more
HUNTER T RABURN
Dec 01, 2020
Ogsball
Dec 18, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Don't Give Up: Faith That Gives You the Confidence to Keep Believing and the Courage to Keep Going
  • The Emotionally Healthy Woman Workbook: Eight Things You Have to Quit to Change Your Life
  • More Than a Carpenter
  • The Green Ember (The Green Ember, #1)
  • The Noticer: Sometimes, All a Person Needs Is a Little Perspective
  • For Women Only: What You Need to Know About the Inner Lives of Men
  • 7 Commitments of a Forerunner
  • Divine Direction: 7 Decisions That Will Change Your Life
  • Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type
  • Out of the Silent Planet (The Space Trilogy, #1)
  • Piibel: Vana ja Uus Testament (The Bible in Estonian)
  • Gentle and Lowly: The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers
  • Get Out of Your Head: Stopping the Spiral of Toxic Thoughts

News & Interviews

Psychological thrillers that will leave your head spinning. Cold cases, detectives hot on a trail, unreliable narrators, and a dash of poison...