Start by marking “From This Day Forward: Five Commitments to Fail-Proof Your Marriage” as Want to Read:
From This Day Forward: Five Commitments to Fail-Proof Your Marriage

From This Day Forward: Five Commitments to Fail-Proof Your Marriage

The choices you make each and every day determine not only your relationship with God but also the quality of your marriage. The decisions you make today will determine the marriage you will have tomorrow.

In From This Day Forward, you will discover five commitments that will absolutely fail-proof your marriage:

Seek God.
Fight fair.
Have fun.
Stay pure, and
Never give up.
If you
Published October 28th 2014 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about From This Day Forward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From This Day Forward

Start your review of From This Day Forward: Five Commitments to Fail-Proof Your Marriage
Tiff (fictionaltiff)
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Marriage is a covenant not a contract. Sayings like this filled this book, and although the thoughts are very simple, it was all very helpful. This book is a good place to start in keeping a health marriage. I love this couples' perspective. I've listened to many lifechurch.tv sermons, so a lot of the stuff that was said I already knew, but it was all great to get a refresher on.
Virginia Garrett
Nov 25, 2014 rated it liked it
I recently was granted the opportunity to read Craig Groeschel’s newest book, From This Day Forward. As the title implies, it is a book on marriage. The subtitle is: Five Commitments to Fail-Proof Your Marriage.

Sounds promising doesn’t it? Who doesn’t want a “Fail-Proof” marriage? I know I do. I know I’d do almost anything to get one too. But is it possible?

Is it possible to follow 5 little steps and have the marriage of your dreams? Is there a money back guarantee for this book if you follow
Andy Zinkle
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book last night. It is a quick, easy read. Craig Groeschel is a pastor but he doesn't preach in this book. Instead he takes a fun, no nonsense approach and just lays it out there. I've read a lot about marriage and family life, and this one puts it all together. As I was reading it, I was thinking the ideal candidate to read this book is that couple just coming out of the "honeymoon" stage of their marriage - that stage where marriage life becomes real, not just flowers and ...more
Melissa
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Perfect for newlyweds or the couple celebrating their 50th. This is such an easy to read book and based in scripture. If you want five key elements to make/keep your relationship strong, this book will definitely give them to you.

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review via NETGALLEY.
Debby
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
I've lost track of how many self help books I've started, but not quite finished. This book is an exception. It's what our couples bible study group chose, and I decided to download the book so I could listen on my lengthy commute to work. I hadn't heard of Craig Groeschel before, but apparently he's written a LOT of books. Since he's a preacher, his narration was well done.

I'm very blessed to be in a happy marriage to a wonderful man. However, we know how important it is to work on our
Carrie Daws
A good, easy read full of great advice. I love how Craig Groeschel is able to break down complex subjects to their most basic components, cutting through all the side issues to the bottom line of what is most important. While many may argue about things that truly don't matter as much, the truth remains: If both people within a marriage will commit to God first, then to fight fair, have fun together, stay pure for and to each other, and refuse to ever give up, then a good, long marriage is not ...more
Dustin Foutz
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An excellent book on marriage. The third book I've read by Groeschel, he has the right blend of soberness, instruction and comedy that makes this book enjoyable.
Jason Green
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I had the opportunity to watch Craig and Amy's video series on marriage at my church. This book is essential the same as that video series and I liked the book as much as I liked the videos.

Craig starts by asking, "What did you expect?" What did you expect from marriage? Did you enter marriage believing the Hollywood romance fantasies that you will always be in a fairytale marriage where everyday you felt deeply and madly in love with your spouse? On a personal note: I believe that Hollywood is
Zee
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Just before reading this book, I looked through 7 Things He’ll Never Tell You: But You Need to Know by Kevin Leman and wasn’t impressed. Granted, there were a few things that were funny, but his statements like “You will never hear from your husband something like ‘How was your day, honey?'” are way too cliche. Firstly, because Sam does ask me how I am doing and, secondly, because it’s rather silly to use definitive “never” when talking about relationships.

When I started reading From This Day
Michael Newton
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marriage
I really enjoyed reading this book on marriage, I enjoyed it because it was a simple and easy read full of good encouragements. Pastor Craig Groeschel & his wife Amy do a great job walking through five important topics that are essential to every marriage. These five topics are: 1. Seek God, 2. Fight Fair, 3. Have Fun, 4. Stay Pure, 5. Never Give Up! In each of these they share from personal stories and scripture to back up their thoughts. This book would be great for those who are newly ...more
Paige Gordon
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I love Craig's simple, straightforward style and how he always manages to present the core of his message in a way that is easy to understand and not cluttered up with a lot fluff. Unlike some marriage books that get too bogged down in complexities, this book focuses on five core actions (Seek God, Fight Fair, Have Fun, Stay Pure, Never Give Up) you can take that, over the course of time, will greatly increase the chances of you staying happily married. There no new, ...more
Kimberly Gordon
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I wanted to give this book 3 stars for it’s simplicity, but I gave it 4 because I really appreciated that instead of spouting some new theory, the Groeschel’s went back to Scripture for this book. If you’ve read other Christian marriage and relationship books, you won’t find anything new here. The purpose of this straight forward book is to remind you of what you already know to do and to encourage you to keep on doing it. While Craig repeats himself throughout the chapters, I feel like the ...more
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love books from Pastor Craig Groeschel and have read Weird, Soul Detox, Altar Ego, Fight and now From this Day Forward. His books are wonderful and this book is no exception. In this short book about marriage, Amy and Graig get straight to the point about the five pillars of marriage that will make marriage work if each spouses are committed to making it work. This book is easy to read, but these practical truths can be hard to put into place. I like how this book meets you where you are and ...more
Cherie Lowe
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A refreshing, life-giving book on marriage with perspectives from both Groeschel and his wife Amy. This book gives a mix of practical and spiritual wisdom when it comes to cultivating a healthy marriage. The Groeschels share honest and vulnerable experiences from their own relationship to encourage others toward a marriage based first upon a love for God and then a love for each other. The work is incredible accessible, an easy and even humorous read and yet it challenges the reader to want more ...more
Amber
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Craig has such a way of making difficult/played out topics relatable and bearable! I felt as if I could hear him talking to me while reading this book. He has great advice for ways for couples to bring themselves closer together. As with any author, I do not agree with every point in the book, but overall, the message makes sense and is written with humor (and sex jokes!) There's a few reminders in there about making marriage fun that we sometimes forget about when we get caught up in our lives ...more
Hope Griffin
Mar 11, 2015 rated it liked it
…Floss, Fight, Play, Belly-Button Time, Pancakes…

Ok, so the entire book can’t be summed up in five words, and neither can a marriage. Marriage is messy, complex, and dare I say character building. Each one is unique in it’s joys and it’s pitfalls. A simple 171 pages can’t touch on the complexities of every marriage guaranteeing that divorce will not occur. But it can provide important steps to safeguard against it.

Find out how I dressed it up to make it a reintegration tool
Matthew
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Simple, practical, powerful book on marriage, written in a style that is so easy to read.

Craig tells a lot of stories to highlight the importance of the 5 Commitments throughout, and those five commitments are:

1. Seek God
2. Fight Fair
3. Have Fun
4. Stay Pure
5. Never Give Up

If you're getting married or you're already married, this is definitely worth the little bit of time that it takes to read.
Rhonda Hooks
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From This Day Forward

Just like everything else that God presents to us as Christians, this book makes absolute sense. Love God. Love yourself. Love your spouse. Put God before all things and He will see that your needs are met throughout your marriage as well as your life. A much needed read for me and I sent a copy to a friend.
Katie
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I think it makes very valid points on how to sustain a good marriage. It had a couple of things in it that I had never really thought about before. Loved that it had some scripture and also personal experiences. The author, Craig, has a good sense of humor that kept the book from feeling preachy and/or textbook-like.
Sarah Roberts Lundy
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book with humor and great information. Finally someone stands up to say what is right and wrong with dating and marriage. I loved the scriptures too.
Love love love and will be recommending to more than just my bible study group. My husband also enjoyed the facts and comedy in his writing.
Jason Grubbs
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked Craig Groechell's book on marriage. It was very simple and to the point as well as entertaining. This book would be good for couples to read together or as a small group study for couples.
Joanne Goh
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Practical and easy read. Also funny and encouraging. Emphasizes marriage is serious business (it is a covenant after all, not a contract) but gives good advice. The fact that the wife's perspective wraps up each chapter is a nice balance and touch.
Lisa
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seek God, fight fair, have fun, stay pure and never give up. This book is not light and fluffy. The authors use humor and personal stories to make you smile while providing solid Godly principles for a strong healthy marriage. Fabulous and quick read.
Josh Smetzer
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An easy, practical read that still gets the point across.
Heather
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is pretty good. It has lots of great advice for Christian couples. Much of what is said echoes what our pastor said in our premarital counseling sessions.
John Majors
Jan 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: marriage
Decent book on marriage. Love their five main points: 1. Seek God, 2. Fight fair, 3. Have fun, 4. Stay pure, 5. Never give up. Man, if you do those five things, any marriage can be great.
Rachel G.
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book was truly amazing and had some great principles and practical wisdom for husbands and wives.
Erin
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. Such a fresh way to look at marriage how God intended it to be. I will most definitely. keep this book in my arsenal and re read!
Dwight
Perfect for newlyweds!

• Letters to the Church
  • You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity
  • The Lifegiving Home: Creating a Place of Belonging and Becoming
  • The Five Love Languages: Men's Edition: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate
  • Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food
  • When Less Becomes More: Making Space for Slow, Simple, and Good
  • A Lifelong Love: What If Marriage Is about More Than Just Staying Together?
  • Safe People: How to Find Relationships That Are Good for You and Avoid Those That Aren't
  • The Power of a Praying Parent
  • His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage
  • Breaking Busy: How to Find Peace and Purpose in a World of Crazy
  • Heaven: Biblical Answers to Common Questions
  • Strengths Based Marriage: Build a Stronger Relationship by Understanding Each Other's Gifts
  • Unashamed
  • Lies Women Believe: And the Truth that Sets Them Free
  • Honey for a Child's Heart: The Imaginative Use of Books in Family Life
  • In This House, We Will Giggle: Making Virtues, Love, and Laughter a Daily Part of Your Family Life
  • Greater: Dream Bigger. Start Smaller. Ignite God's Vision for Your Life.
Craig Groeschel is the founding and senior pastor of Life.Church, a multisite church with attenders at locations around the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.

Craig and Amy started Life.Church in a two-car garage in Edmond, Oklahoma in January 1996. While Life.Church has grown over the years, its mission remains the same: to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
“the only combination that works for marriage is to make God the One and your spouse the two. When” 1 likes
“All couples fight, but healthy couples fight fair. Unhealthy couples fight dirty, with below-the-belt jabs, sucker punches, angry accusations, and bitter grudges. Healthy couples fight for resolution. Unhealthy couples fight for personal victory. Dr.” 0 likes