Start by marking “Lucas Mackenzie and the London Midnight Ghost Show” as Want to Read:
Lucas Mackenzie and the London Midnight Ghost Show

Lucas Mackenzie and the London Midnight Ghost Show

Lucas Mackenzie has got the best job of any 10 year old boy. He travels from city-to-city as part of the London Midnight Ghost Show, scaring unsuspecting show-goers year round. Performing comes naturally to Lucas and the rest of the troupe, who’ve been doing it for as long as Lucas can remember.

But there’s something Lucas doesn’t know.

Like the rest of Luca’s friends, he’
Paperback
Published February 24th 2015 by Month9Books

Be the first to ask a question about Lucas Mackenzie and the London Midnight Ghost Show

Jillyn
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Ultimately, I don't have too much to say on this book. I was really excited when I got the chance to read it, because I love books that are given a circus-y setting. I don't know why I'm fascinated by it, but I'm the first to admit that I am. I was hoping that it would be something like the Cirque du Freak books, which is one of my favorite young adult series. Plus, I love the cover. And I should know by now that that is not the best way to judge.

Anyway, that's not what I got.

I don't have a lot
Erika Messer
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a great twist on the usual paranormal novels. Set against the backdrop of the 1950's, it is the tale of a "midnight ghost show" that travels and puts on scary performances sort of like a freak show or circus might. The book reads like everyone is alive but in reality almost everyone you meet in the book is actually a ghost! Lucas Mackenzie has been part of the London Midnight Ghost Show for about 4 years, but he struggles with letting go of his past life. The show goes all out ...more
Ash Rowe
Feb 24, 2015 rated it liked it
I got this for my honest review.

I love the title and the cover.

This book is probably like a middle grade young YA type book. I wouldn’t let me 8 year old read it yet only because of some of the talk about kissing in cars and the curves of the triplets and such as that but if he were to pick it up and read it I wouldn’t be opposed mostly because he watches the Marvel and DC movies which tend to be more risqué than talks of making out in the back seat of cars.

The story was cute. A 10 year old lo
Lisa Cresswell
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
First off, awesome cover! Hats off to the Month 9 Books crew that designed this one. Alluring, intriguing, colorful: everything I'd want in a book cover. It's the reason I wanted to read the book. That, and the great title. Who wouldn't want to read about a Midnight Ghost Show??

Lucas Mackenzie turns out to be a ten year old ghost who's touring 1950's America with a troupe of performing spirits. Lucas is a stage manager of sorts, managing the acts of a magician, a floating skull named Yorick, a b
Sarah LeBlanc
Jan 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I am going to start off with, of course, the amazing cover. Because I am a complete sucker for a great cover. It’s the first thing someone sees, and it PULLS a reader in. This one did just that. Great job Month9Books!

This book, I really liked. It was a great middle school book, that in the future I will let my daughter read. ( It’s still a bit too early for her. ) Lucas has quite the job for his age, and that involves running into some unexpected creatures along the way. Ghosts, vampires, the ad
Federica Johnson
Mar 03, 2015
Jeff Haas
Dec 03, 2016
Melody Gonser
rated it did not like it
Jul 20, 2014
Carl R.
BadAllDay
  • Vessel
  • The Three Thorns
  • M.I.A. (Missing. In. Atman.)
  • Fingers in the Mist
  • Tracy Tam: Santa Command (Tracy Tam #1)
  • Very Superstitious: Myths, Legends and Tales of Superstition
  • The Missing: The Curious Cases of Will Winchester and the Black Cross
  • Pretty Dark Sacrifice (Pretty Dark Nothing, #2)
  • Curse of the Granville Fortune (Curse of the Granville Fortune, #1)
  • Shadows Fall Away
  • King of the Mutants
  • A Whispered Darkness
  • Joshua and the Lightning Road (Lightning Road #1)
  • Nobody's Lady (Never Veil #2)
  • The Night House
  • A Matter of Time (Angel Sight, #3)
  • Predator
  • My Tethered Soul (Reaper's Rite, #2)
Steve Bryant is a new novelist, but a veteran author of books of card tricks. He founded a monthly internet magazine for magicians containing news, reviews, magic tricks, humor, and fiction, and he frequently contributes biographical cover articles to the country’s two leading magic journals. He lives in Bloomington, Indiana.