Start by marking “Ratgeber für schlechte Väter” as Want to Read:
Ratgeber für schlechte Väter

Ratgeber für schlechte Väter

(Le guide du mauvais père #1)

Oublier le passage de la petite souris, traumatiser sa fille avec une terrifiante histoire d'arbre qui pousse dans l'estomac, dénicher des conseils peu avisés pour encourager fiston à taper plus fort sur le punching bag... Guy Delisle, un mauvais père ? Non, un auteur de bande dessinée qui sait puiser l'imagination là où elle se trouve, avec un sens aigu de l'observation e ...more
Published 2013

To ask other readers questions about Ratgeber für schlechte Väter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ratgeber für schlechte Väter

Orsodimondo
IO, COMUNQUE, PREFERISCO LA MAMMA
Non all’altezza delle sue opere più celebri, prima fra tutte quella che gli ha fatto vincere il festival di Angoulême (Festival International de la Bande Dessinée, che Wikipedia considera secondo in Europa dopo il Lucca Comics, mentre a me invece risulta buon primo).
In questa guida del padre cattivo c’è qualche banalità, e poche scoperte.

Delisle è canadese e insieme ai due figli viaggia il mondo al seguito della moglie che lavora per MSF.
Presumo sia questo il m
Sam Quixote
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Guy Delisle takes a break from his usual travelogue comics to produce a highly amusing look at being a dad, specifically his parenting style towards his young son and daughter. The stories range from Delisle’s shortcomings as a dad to his mischievous nature trumping his paternal instincts – all stories which are almost all hilarious.

One of the stories shows Delisle forgetting to put a coin under his son’s pillow when his tooth falls out – for 3 nights in a row! – and having to make up a story ab
Bogdan
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Feels a little short and sketchy. It has it`s moments of fun, but nothing really deep here. ...more
David Schaafsma
My favorite Delisle book so far! He is a great and simple artist, very clean lines, very attractive and accomplished sense of style, always. Meticulous, inviting, and the tone of his voice in his narratives always annoys me, irritates me, even offends me... but here he is hilarious in his self-deprecating tales of failed or neglectful parenting that most parents (and kids, and former kids) can relate to. I really, really liked it. Reminded me of Jeffrey Brown's parenting books such as the Darth ...more
Sooraya Evans
Oct 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disappointment
Something different from his usual travel tales, this book focuses on Guy Delisle's experiences in parenting. Most of the stories were mediocre. Some not even funny at all. But rather disturbing. Such as scaring his little girl about a tree sprouting from her stomach. And a bedtime story about a monkey breaking into the house, killing the baby.
What a douche!
Lea
Sep 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Nicht so gut wie die Reise-Bücher, eher flach, aber immer noch nett und gut gezeichnet.
Rod Brown
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Guy Delisle represents for that bit of bad dad in all of us fathers. Hilariously awful parenting is going on here.

Sort of reminds me of Calvin's dad:
Lisa
Oct 26, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've read two graphic novels by Guy Delisle: Pyongyang: A Journey in North Korea and Burma Chronicles. They were both pretty impressive. This one was a big disappointment. The book is very short, with just two simple drawings per page. Although I do like Delisle's signature artwork, the humor falls flat with me. I'd go as far as saying some of it is boarder-line offensive (telling your daughter a bedtime story about a baby that falls to its death outside its bedroom window? just not funny). Unli ...more
Jun 20, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bd
J'ai juste trouvé ça vraiment insignifiant. Mais je pense aussi que je n'ai jamais trop été dans son public cible...
Chas Smash
Divertido, bastante diferente al otro libro que leí de él, Pyongyang. Quizás la gran pega es que es muy corto.
Leggendolibri
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Davvero uno spasso questo libro di Delisle. Si legge con poco tempo ma si ride assai... In fondo essere un cattivo papà non è sempre un male. Irriverente come al solito, circondato dai suoi figli. Il cattivo papà è un uomo messo alle strette dalla logica stringente dei pargoli.
Kate
I found this while looking in my library's online catalog for a different book by the author (Hostage). This was so different from the book I was looking for that I requested it. It took me about 15-20 minutes to read. It's a short collection of comics about a dad's interactions with his son and daughter (the mother is never seen...). They were amusing, nothing completely unbelievable, which leads me to believe these scenarios might have actually happened. I loved the ones about the Easter bunny ...more
manuti
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
El cómic está muy bien. Tiene chistes muy buenos. Y el formato libro es muy cómodo. Como gran pega es que se hace corto, se lee en una sentada y te quedas con ganas de más y pensando si han merecido la pena los 12€ que vale en España. Pero al terminar lo primero que pensé es si había más libros y que los quería leer así que muy recomendable.
Mikko Saari
Not bad; occasionally really funny and to the point, but this is read in just five minutes and then you can forget about it. That's not very longlasting entertainment or value for money.
Kay
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not as funny or poignant as it thinks it is.
Anfri Bogart
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mi ci sono ritrovato, soprattutto nella storia del dentino.
Chris
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cartoonist father recounts funny little stories with his kids. There is no wife featured in the comics, though the boy mentions a mom once. The book as a whole is made up of half a dozen or more stories, ranging from practical jokes from the father (the chainsaw one was one of my favorite), the hypocrisy of parenting, or just fooling your kids in various ways. I think I have encountered nearly all of them in some way or another in my own parenting of my kids, so the stories are even better whe ...more
Clodjee
May 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bd
Vraisemblablement inspiré des Chroniques d'une Mère Indigne de Caroline Allard, Delisle avait commencé sur son blogue une série de petites histoires mettant en scène ses enfants et son “moi” romancé (du moins on l'espère!) dans des scènettes où son jugement de père lui faisait (supposément) défaut. Le livre compile ces histoires et en rajoute plusieurs autres.

Ce qui est extraordinaire avec Guy Delisle c'est que malgré qu'il utilise un style extrêmement simple, ses illustrations sont tellement e
Jim Angstadt
A User's Guide to Neglectful Parenting
Guy Delisle, Helge Dascher (Translation)

Like other graphic novels by the author, this book focuses on small, odd, or dysfunctional situations. Then he lets the details of the small situations add up for a broader understanding. At least that was so in Jerusalem and Pyongyang.

That approach does not work so well with Neglectful Parenting; the author seems more interested in poking fun at himself with improbable situations. This does not generalize, at least fo
Simon Wigzell
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun little book about a father who doesn't really get it that his kids are not his age-similar friends; there are things which you maybe should avoid discussing with them. Such as baby-snatching monkey news, when the kid is just about to go to sleep...
Drawings are as charming as Delisle's usual fare
Only drawback: it took maybe 10 minutes to read, so don't expect a book to snuggle up with for a couple of evenings.
MonicaEmme
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: posseduti
Zioluc
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fumetto
Brevi bozzetti umoristici e si suppone autobiografici su un papà moderatamente diseducativo. Delisle è simpatico ma non sempre strappa la risata come vorrebbe. Personalmente trovo molto più gusto nel segno grafico di qualche espressione buffa dei bambini che non nelle battute.
Dividerlo in 3 volumi con una vignetta per pagina è chiaramente un espediente spremisoldi da disprezzare.
Tatiana Nicholls
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe because I am not into comics, I really didn't know what to expect form these books. But as soon as I read the first page I didn't want to stop reading. Being a parent and reading this book make you laugh from beginning to end, since you can see yourself reflected in so many ways. Nice drawings and the daily life events pop up in a very special way. Highly recommended.
Eva Lavrikova
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pre tohto pána ja mám skrátka slabosť. V porovnaní s jeho "geografickými" grafickými románmi je to samozrejme len taká hračička - skôr stripy z každodenného rodičovského života. Je to humor čierny až nekorektný - niečo pre milovníkov Louisa CK a podobných drsne úprimných otcov. Mňa to však bavilo a pobavilo.
Erika_kartmann
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, graphic
Ich habe gerade eine sehr schöne halbe Stunde verbracht und mir die wunderschön einfach gezeichneten Erziehungsfehler von Guy Delisle angeschaut.
Ich fühlte mich bestens unterhalten, aber der Fortsetzungsband gefiel mir noch viel besser, da musste ich richtig laut lachen.
Nicole
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a parent, but as I work with children and have friends with children, I sometimes feel like I am one. This is hilarious! A must-read for anyone interested in a funny, lighthearted, (and at times very real) depiction of what it's like to raise children.
Raina
Breezy and light-weight collection of short anecdotes about parenting. Amusing enough that I read a few of them out loud to friends. Not particularly recommended if you take your parenting very seriously. ;)
Diana
May 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, graphic-novel
Una serie di vignette simpatiche.
Kandise
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, borrowed, french
Not sure if this is "Guide du mauvais père 1" or a compilation of the three, but I'm using it to represent vol 1. All three are good - funny, fast reads, relatable. 1+2 are better than 3.
Renee
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic
Silly and funny little book about all the dumb things parents do when we are too tired or distracted by life to be perfect. Cute.
  • Petty Theft
  • Les deuxièmes
  • The Fart Party, Vol. 2
  • Valentin
  • Mauvais genre
  • L'apocalypse selon Saint Jacky (Blast, #2)
  • Little Nothings 1: The Curse of the Umbrella
  • Un zoo en hiver
  • City of Glass: The Graphic Novel
  • Lucille
  • Portugal
  • Why I Killed Peter
  • L'Arabe du futur 4 : Une jeunesse au Moyen-Orient, 1987-1992
  • Come prima
Born in Quebec, Canada, Guy Delisle studied animation at Sheridan College. Delisle has worked for numerous animation studios around the world, including CinéGroupe in Montreal.

Drawing from his experience at animation studios in China and North Korea, Delisle's graphic novels Shenzen and Pyongyang depict these two countries from a Westerner's perspective. A third graphic novel, Chroniques Birmanes,

Le guide du mauvais père (4 books)
  • Le guide du mauvais père 2